NFL

General Chatter
ardilla secreta

Re: NFL

Post by ardilla secreta »

6x6 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:41 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:00 pm
6x6 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 pm Cradle, there seems to be quite a few who post on various topics here with a great amount of animosity regarding anything related to Texas. So please don’t let your grandson know Jalen Hurts is from Houston or he might begin to be like them and blame the Eagles’ last three losses on him.
Mr Hurt did not have any say on being born in Houston or living in the state of Texas. In fact, when given a choice and coming of age, he left the state for first Alabama and then Oklahoma. In addition, his current contract has a no trade clause, a first in Eagles history, an obvious ploy to ensure he never returns to Texas.
Surprised you don’t follow collegiate athletics very much but I’ll explain it to you. Jalen Hurts and many other athletes are recruited from schools not in their home states. Might be shocking but many accept which he did. Yet, he must still miss home and family back in Channelview because he lives there with his parents and sister during the off season.

NJBill, can you do Jalen a favor now that he has that big contract and find him a huge mansion in South Jersey so he can live there year round. Maybe he can get his old high school coach and still the coach there, his dad, a coaching job up that way. I’m sure ardilla would appreciate you helping him stay away from TX.
I’m very familiar with college athletics and recruiting, but you may not be familiar with tongue in cheek.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Eagles > Giants 33-25

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news ... ek-16-2023

QB Tyrod Taylor replaced Tommy DeVito who has mobility limitations. With such a weak OL, the QB needs to be able to roll out and buy himself some time. Thought for a moment that the Jints would engineer a good comeback for a win but it wasn't to be. Eagles D was solid and put a good passing rush FTW.

Playoffs picture is becoming a bit clearer.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

Taylor sure looks better than DeVito. In retrospect, I’m surprised the Giants didn’t start him. He was much more effective. Might the outcome of the game been different had they done that? Possibly. I’ve always thought that Taylor was a good quarterback.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:09 pm Taylor sure looks better than DeVito. In retrospect, I’m surprised the Giants didn’t start him. He was much more effective. Might the outcome of the game been different had they done that? Possibly. I’ve always thought that Taylor was a good quarterback.
No disrespect towards TD, Taylor is the better quarterback by quite a bit. Experience really does matter.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
molo

Post by molo »

The 49ers were favored over the Ravens and the Dolphins were dogs by a couple of points over home field advantage. They thrive on being dissed.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Good Riddance, Cheater Bill! Welcome back to mediocrity, Patriots fans!

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

So, Bill "Fraud" Belicheat and the New England Cheatriots finished the season 4-13. And losing to the team Bill hates the most. The hapless New York Jets 17 to 3. Poetic justice. Talk around Boston and nationally is that ol' cheatin' Bill has stolen his last signals here in New England and won't be returning. Thank goodness! No more of his petulant, mumbly, grumbly, condescending, arrogant press conferences to endure.

He's routinely and automatically spoken of in NFL circles as the greatest coach of all time. What a stinking, steaming pile of manure.

Let's examine his numbers with and without Tom Brady, shall we?

With Cleveland 36-44

After Brady 29-39

With Brady 219-64

And finally--Bill's record w/ all other quarterbacks besides Brady is 83-101.

Patriots since Brady left:
2020 - 7-9
2021 - 10-8 (including playoff loss)
2022 - 8-9
2023 - 4-13

What would he be without Brady? What would he be without all his pathological cheating and lying? A below average coach. He's 18 games under .500 without Brady. Greatest NFL coach of all time, my ass.

Of course, the NFL has to induct him into the Hall of Fame, though he doesn't deserve to be there. Where he belongs is the Hall of Disgraced Cheaters.

I hope he goes to another team and is exposed as the fraud that he is there, too.

Buh-bye Billy! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jints over Iggles in seasonal finale:

Instant Analysis: Giants defeat Eagles, 27-10, in season finale

https://www.giants.com/news/philadelphi ... ghts-stats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3yobdZ6SVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3tXzBeasY
^ game highlights can only be watched on YT^

The Philly win streak over Jints is over!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Should have been banned for life after Spygate and forced to forfeit some wins because of it.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:33 pm Should have been banned for life after Spygate and forced to forfeit some wins because of it.
Or certainly after Deflategate. Why he was able to skate through that whole mess without a speck of dirt landing on him is a well kept secret between the league (Roger Goodell) and the Patriots (Robert Kraft). He was probably the one who taught Brady how to finagle a way to "take the top off" the PSI levels of the footballs the pregame officials approved in the first place. Belicheat lied through his teeth about that whole thing. A story surfaced around that time that Belicheat used to teach his teammates how to cheat in lacrosse when he played too.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Eagles have been put on Monday night football for the playoffs because (supposedly) they are a big TV draw. Whoever made that assessment hasn’t watched the team for the last six weeks. In the last two weeks, they have lost to two of the most pathetic teams in the NFL.

And they have opened as road favorites. What? If I bet on football, I’d bet $1 million on the Bucs.

Also, the horrible Giants stadium turf claimed two more victims, Sydney Brown and AJ Brown. The turf is about as bad as that of the Vet. Artificial turf should be banned in the NFL. No excuse whatsoever not to have a grass field, at least in an outdoor stadium.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:49 am
Also, the horrible Giants stadium turf claimed two more victims, Sydney Brown and AJ Brown. The turf is about as bad as that of the Vet. Artificial turf should be banned in the NFL. No excuse whatsoever not to have a grass field, at least in an outdoor stadium.

Very good point that was ignored by the sports media this year. A few months ago, the players association called for all stadiums to use natural grass:

https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1701943868743098651

For too long now we have seen players hit their heads on the ground when tackled and this is what has caused so many of those concussions that we constantly hear about. So many of these injuries could be significantly reduced (with others completely avoided) if the surface was made of natural grass. Safety first!

OuttaNowhereWregget

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:40 am Very good point that was ignored by the sports media this year. A few months ago, the players association called for all stadiums to use natural grass:

https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1701943868743098651

For too long now we have seen players hit their heads on the ground when tackled and this is what has caused so many of those concussions that we constantly hear about. So many of these injuries could be significantly reduced (with others completely avoided) if the surface was made of natural grass. Safety first!
There'$ one $imple rea$on why NFL owner$ choo$e artificial turf over gra$$.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:58 pm
There'$ one $imple rea$on why NFL owner$ choo$e artificial turf over gra$$.

Yup. Wealthy elites own the teams as well as the media. Because of that they are easily able to muzzle the press so that they won't dare discuss this issue which should be a major topic for daily discussion. Safety first dǝrn it!

OuttaNowhereWregget

It's Official--The Greatest Cheater of All Time is OUT

Bill Belichick has been fired from the New England Patriots. Press conference later today.

This calls for a celebration. WOOHOO!!!

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Belicheat:

Yes he is a defensive genius but lacked the integrity to play and win cleanly. Won't be missed all that much.

OuttaNowhereWregget

I would say even that is overblown. Where was all his defensive genius late in the two Super Bowls against Big Blue? If he was such a freakin genius, why couldn't he stop the Giants – twice! Or the Eagles in the second Super Bowl against a green head coach and a back up quarterback. And don't even get me started on the win over the Seattle Seahawks, when Pete Carroll crapped his pants and called for that stupid pass instead of just handing it to the most dominant running back the game had seen in years. Or the win over the Falcons who also had a major case of diarrhea in their brutal choke job.

He's a fraud – through and through. Good riddance to him.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:41 am Belicheat:

Yes he is a defensive genius but lacked the integrity to play and win cleanly. Won't be missed all that much.
Never seen either of these. They're great (and right on). I was wondering how to refer to them. Are they satirical cartoons, drawings, what?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

When (I wish I could say if, but it is really when) the Eagles crash and burn out of the playoffs, I’ll be rooting for Balto to take it all.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:55 am
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:41 am Belicheat:

https://image.cagle.com/158976/750/158976.png

https://image.cagle.com/168738/750/168738.png

Never seen either of these. They're great (and right on). I was wondering how to refer to them. Are they satirical cartoons, drawings, what?

That's exactly what they are. Google "belicheat cartoons" and you'll find many more.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”