Loyola Greyhounds 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GreyingHound

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by GreyingHound »

10stone5 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:39 pm Hounds only like playing tournament ball,

the regular season …

… boring !
I can tell ya, there is some energy in this stadium right now. The fans are making some noise, and the Hounds are feeling it.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Keep it going!!! 7-1 hounds after Q2!!!
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Is this the best you have seen the Hounds play so far this season?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

This is a wipeout.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

9-5 loyola after Q3

Navy woke up! Loyola looks like it’s falling a bit flat again. Keep the energy up fellas!! 15 minutes left, sell out and get after this last quarter
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hounds don’t like easy 8-)
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

12-7 final hounds win.

Have a day Evan James! And what a performance by Luke Staudt, welcome back!!!

They were both key tonight. Things got really really tight in the end of the 3rd quarter and a majority of the 4th but the team made key plays when they needed it.

They also really scrapped for the 50-50 groundballs
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
molo

Post by molo »

Hounds gave a clinic on how to win a game without winning many face-offs.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

One thing to remember is that, working in Loyola's favor against BU are the revenge factor and that they will be much more in the game-groove going in.
essorcalveritas

Post by essorcalveritas »

Congrats to Loyola on a nice win. They jumped the Mids early, and other than a few wobbly moments in the 4th Q , were in complete command the whole game. The Goalie and Evan James had fantastic games. Great hustle on GBs...From this Navy fan, best of luck going forward in the PLT.
molo

Post by molo »

How long has James been just attack? I know he was playing mid earlier.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Nice recovery by Hounds. Props to James especially.

Oops... goalie too!
Last edited by tech37 on Wed May 03, 2023 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

essorcalveritas wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:23 pm Congrats to Loyola on a nice win. They jumped the Mids early, and other than a few wobbly moments in the 4th Q , were in complete command the whole game. The Goalie and Evan James had fantastic games. Great hustle on GBs...From this Navy fan, best of luck going forward in the PLT.
Thanks! Playing tradition rich Navy at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is as good as it gets for a college lacrosse game. The crowd was excited (for the Hounds early on) as they started out Hot and held on to win. And it's what you expect from a game like this. There's just so much respect for the Midshipmen and the fact they will soon be wearing a Navy or Marine Corps officer's uniform and serving our Nation.

And yes, I can't wait to see Xavier Arline on the football field in the Fall.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Great win last night. I’ve been hard on Evan James the past month or so. Yesterday he showed what he can do. This is the guy who was our best player the first few weeks of the season. He came to play last night. Congrats. Wyers was also a beast. Tons of caused turnovers. And two goals from d-middies really changed up the game. On to Boston!!!
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

A win is a win but how bad did Navy look early? I hope
That built some confidence before going to Boston.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Finally watched the Navy game tonight.
Some of those shots out there looked like Mike Sawyer reincarnated, bombing from mid range.
Hounds looked potent on offense again. With just a few good shots. Then the boys looked really loose. It was fun to see. If the Hounds can continue the great shooting, they can be dangerous.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The team defense was outstanding. The timing of the slides & double teams was flawless. Many big stops by the goalie that could have been goals.
Continued performances like that will win the AQ & make the NCAA QF's.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

OS,
It was good to get a win over a quality opponent that already beat us earlier in the year. As a Hound, glad the boys played inspired.

As you pointed out, our defense and goaltending was huge. Gonna need them to keep it going to even have a shot against a BU team with so much offensive talent. That BU attack is something else. They had their way with us last time. Jumped on us early to start the 1st and 3rd q. If we can keep it within 5, I would be happy.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

My 2 cents:

Give the Hounds credit - they were playing on the road, although not far away, but visiting has been hard for them this season. It was a heck of a game!

Luke Staudt looked like he did early in the season against the Terps and Hopkins - huge wins. Toomey did the same thing with Sam Shafer back in 21 and look at what happened.

The offense has looked a heck of a lot better since Evan James and Poitras moved back to attack, and they moved Lindsey to Midfield. Scoring is up and turnovers are down.

Wyers played with a lot of tenacity - maybe he's healthy. He gives it all he's got but he's not getting a lot of rest on his knee before tomorrow's game. It's too bad Houlihan is out - he was a solid D Pole who could fill in for any one at Close D. But so far Fairey has held his own.

Coach V is tinkering a lot with the FOGO's - doing whatever it takes. I heard Cottone was concussed in the Navy game so he's probably out. I hope I heard wrong. Actually Sawyer did well, as much as could be expected, with Sisselberger, so I hope he can get some good draws or tie up the other guy and give our wings a chance on the 50/50 balls, where we haven't been that good. Face offs are still the achilles heal on this team, but if Luke is making stops he's bailing us out.

Anyway, we get another game and hopefully the Hounds will perform at a high level.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

OK boys. Here’s my thoughts. If James and Poitras play like they have been we win. If Higgins turns into the guy we had last year we romp. Hounds 12-9.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”