The Abortion Thread

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Abortion Thread

Post by runrussellrun »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:02 pm Well. Here's quite a statement. Putting their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

"
In January, as a 28th birthday present to herself, Mariah Marsh got herself sterilized.

Five months later, she says she’s very glad she did.

On Wednesday, a panel of federal judges in New Orleans will consider whether a drug used in medication abortions should be taken off the market. More than half of all abortions in the US use the drug, called mifepristone, in combination with another pill called misoprostol.

Marsh has known since she was a teenager that she doesn’t want children. A few years ago, a diagnosis of myasthenia gravis, a neuromuscular disease that can make pregnancy risky, further solidified her decision.

She wasn’t in a rush to get sterilized until June, when the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, ending the federal right to an abortion."

Guess she wasn't going to FAFO exactly how fcuking crazy things have gotten.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/17/health/s ... index.html

But I'm sure that the next prohibition will be for voluntary sterilization...

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank The Republic Party for totally fcuking this country up. Well done!! Bravissimo!!
abortion isn't "prohibited" in any state. Fact.

thougt the Supremes voted on the issue of "involuntary sterilization........" years ago ;)

A relatively simple operation, probably (??) requiring lifetime drug supplies (hormones, etc. ) due to uterus loss. Reduce the human population, or potential growth. good for the climate. lots of win wins, for the system.

the "drug" was taken off the market for safety, good geezbus. get factual, my man
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:27 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:02 pm Well. Here's quite a statement. Putting their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

"
In January, as a 28th birthday present to herself, Mariah Marsh got herself sterilized.

On Wednesday, a panel of federal judges in New Orleans will consider whether a drug used in medication abortions should be taken off the market. More than half of all abortions in the US use the drug, called mifepristone, in combination with another pill called misoprostol.

Marsh has known since she was a teenager that she doesn’t want children. A few years ago, a diagnosis of myasthenia gravis, a neuromuscular disease that can make pregnancy risky, further solidified her decision.

She wasn’t in a rush to get sterilized until June, when the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, ending the federal right to an abortion."

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank The Republic Party for totally fcuking this country up. Well done!! Bravissimo!!
abortion isn't "prohibited" in any state. Fact.

thougt the Supremes voted on the issue of "involuntary sterilization........" years ago ;)

A relatively simple operation, probably (??) requiring lifetime drug supplies (hormones, etc. ) due to uterus loss. Reduce the human population, or potential growth. good for the climate. lots of win wins, for the system.

the "drug" was taken off the market for safety, good geezbus. get factual, my man
Droll, coming from you, “friend.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:38 am

"

abortion isn't "prohibited" in any state. Fact. No droll, a fact

thougt the Supremes voted on the issue of "involuntary sterilization........" years ago ;) Fact, yes they did. eugenics stuff. Tuskeegee stuff

Are you for a third party, or just one ?

yes, we agree, R's are all bad. now what ?.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dude probably thinks abortions are banned in North Dakota.............

..........sometimes our legal systems tells a politicians "see, I signed it, the bad guys took away " vote getters, that, umm, NO.....this law is bad. no, we stop it.

exactly what happened. or happens.

smoke N mirrors.

but guys like you eat up racist Chicago nurse uber bike narratives all ....day......long.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:59 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:38 am

"

abortion isn't "prohibited" in any state. Fact. No droll, a fact

thougt the Supremes voted on the issue of "involuntary sterilization........" years ago ;) Fact, yes they did. eugenics stuff. Tuskeegee stuff

Are you for a third party, or just one ?

yes, we agree, R's are all bad. now what ?.
Your ability to carry on a coherent discourse is wanting. Do you understand the difference between what I wrote and the article from which I excerpted a quote? I take it your profession did not depend on basic literacy.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... we all remember whenever discussing what happens after Roe v Wade is repealed, all the virtue signaling right wing apologists told us that they would spend money to make the lives of women and children better, those forced to have the unwanted pregnancies / children. Instead of losing all interest in these women and children post birth, the Karens said they would change their ways and maintain their pre-birth interest and help these women and children.

So what's changed over the past two years, where is the help, the money to improve the lives of these women you insisted on butting into their lives and causing hardship??? I am not aware of any significant help the righteous so-called pro-life apologists are responsible for. Did you do anything beyond pray for these unfortunates.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:24 am ... we all remember whenever discussing what happens after Roe v Wade is repealed, all the virtue signaling right wing apologists told us that they would spend money to make the lives of women and children better, those forced to have the unwanted pregnancies / children. Instead of losing all interest in these women and children post birth, the Karens said they would change their ways and maintain their pre-birth interest and help these women and children.

So what's changed over the past two years, where is the help, the money to improve the lives of these women you insisted on butting into their lives and causing hardship??? I am not aware of any significant help the righteous so-called pro-life apologists are responsible for. Did you do anything beyond pray for these unfortunates.
That probably is because many of these groups prefer to stay as anonymous as possible. They clearly are not peddling a product like the folks at PP.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:47 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:24 am ... we all remember whenever discussing what happens after Roe v Wade is repealed, all the virtue signaling right wing apologists told us that they would spend money to make the lives of women and children better, those forced to have the unwanted pregnancies / children. Instead of losing all interest in these women and children post birth, the Karens said they would change their ways and maintain their pre-birth interest and help these women and children.

That probably is because many of these groups prefer to stay as anonymous as possible. They clearly are not peddling a product like the folks at PP.
... why, they are ashamed of doing something good, useful? Somehow I doubt this is the case.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:02 am

... why, they are ashamed of doing something good, useful? Somehow I doubt this is the case.
I don't think these people want any publicity. That is not what they are about
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:10 pm

Think you meant transparency where you wrote publicity
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

PP is a charity that helps women and actual babies stay healthy. And does it in the public eye. Your "groups" are the opposite. Whoops.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... :lol: :lol: :lol: What lame horsesh*t. More magical thinking. No proof even one more mother or child helped - just your word. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:06 am

... :lol: :lol: :lol: What lame horsesh*t. More magical thinking. No proof even one more mother or child helped - just your word. :roll:
What proof?? You couldn't find anything yourself after looking. Since we are playing the nit pick game I have no idea how the Catholic church is going about counseling young women to not have an abortion. I'm certain that whatever method they are implementing involves privacy and respect for the people they are counseling. No wonder you couldn't find anything because the Catholic church doesn't want abortion zealots such as yourself undermining their work. If their rationale is confusing to you think HIPPA as a comparison. :D
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:38 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:06 am

What proof?? You couldn't find anything yourself after looking. Since we are playing the nit pick game I have no idea how the Catholic church is going about counseling young women to not have an abortion. I'm certain that whatever method they are implementing involves privacy and respect for the people they are counseling. No wonder you couldn't find anything because the Catholic church doesn't want abortion zealots such as yourself undermining their work. If their rationale is confusing to you think HIPPA as a comparison. :D
Wifes got a gay younger cousin. His brother is a POS who used to gas up their blue collar father about him. The father has come around to, you know, love his son. Guess what I learned recently about “uncle Leo”? About ten years ago his priest (in Bel aire or neighboring town so near some folks here) told him his som was an Abomination.

Good s**t, straight class homie.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Lying Missouri mouth breather slapped down by state judge. Allowing the people of Missouri to vote to place a right to abortion in the state constitution.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Incumbent Virginia democratic State Senator loses primary over his abortion stance. In the same primary the so called "Female Trump" -- Amanda Chase (R) lost. Chase's opponent is avoiding questions about abortion. This in a state with existing state law only slightly less favorable to abortion than Roe v Wade.

Happy 1 year anniversary of the repel of Roe v Wade. RepubliCONs should celebrate (while they have a chance :lol:).
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:26 pm Incumbent Virginia democratic State Senator loses primary over his abortion stance. In the same primary the so called "Female Trump" -- Amanda Chase (R) lost. Chase's opponent is avoiding questions about abortion. This in a state with existing state law only slightly less favorable to abortion than Roe v Wade.

Happy 1 year anniversary of the repel of Roe v Wade. RepubliCONs should celebrate (while they have a chance :lol:).
Morrissey is such a slimey sleazeball. Glad to see him beaten.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:26 pm Incumbent Virginia democratic State Senator loses primary over his abortion stance. In the same primary the so called "Female Trump" -- Amanda Chase (R) lost. Chase's opponent is avoiding questions about abortion. This in a state with existing state law only slightly less favorable to abortion than Roe v Wade.

Morrissey is such a slimey sleazeball. Glad to see him beaten.
But, but, he made an "honest woman" of his underage victim, didn't he... :)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The history of the well-intentioned if misguided anti-abortion movement.
By the time the Supreme Court reversed Roe, the anti-abortion movement had become so thoroughly allied with conservative Republican politics that it was difficult to imagine a time when liberal Democrats who supported an expanded welfare state were leaders in the movement.

But some abortion opponents are already realizing the limits of a strategy that is narrowly focused on fighting abortion only through legal restrictions. They are calling for renewed efforts to secure family leave policies and economic assistance for low-income pregnant women.

If some abortion opponents focus on this goal now that Roe v. Wade has been overturned, it will not be a new approach for the movement. Rather, it will be a revival of the original ethos that the founders of the movement proposed more than half a century ago, before Roe v. Wade was even issued.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Return to “POLITICS”