All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

After Trump’s speech, Dow futures dropped another 1,000 points. So, the market didn’t respond well to Trump’s idiotic plan to combat coronavirus.

https://apple.news/AMGOIbWCLRIS71mCGyzj-PQ

The stock market is in freefall.

DocBarrister :shock:
@DocBarrister
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

The JHU CSSE (Center for Systems Science and Engineering) has created this interactive worldwide map showing total, active, recovered, and deceased cases. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
Last edited by SCLaxAttack on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Trump did not address test problems. Apparently has cancelled two trips cause you know it’s just a flu so he will continue to shake hands. Travel ban will make it all ok?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Maybe Trump can crap his pants in the Rose Garden today.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Trump’s travel ban exempts three countries where he has golf courses per reports

China meanwhile:

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES' A350 DEPARTED FOR ROME, ITALY FROM SHANGHAI, BRINGING 9 CHINESE MEDICAL EXPERTS AND 31 TONS OF MEDICAL SUPPLIES, INCLUDING PLASMA OF RECOVERED CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS, TO HELP ITALY FIGHT AGAINST THE VIRUS - GT First Squawk.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So, here's the thing: a large % of Americans, specifically those who watch Fox, follow Trump's Twitter feed, etc actually still believe that the virus does not actually exist.

Still.

Others think that the virus exists but is less of an issue than the common flu...can't do the math, don't believe Fauci that the virus is 10X (or more) more lethal than the flu.

And both those groups truly believe that this is about 'taking down the President'.

Some even believe this is a Chinese "foreign" bioengineered weapon...

Did the President persuade them otherwise last night?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

They are ALL going to find out real soon (and so is DOPUS and all of his sycophants and cronies). This is NOT a hoax.

The TRUTH always wins out in the end.

Most of the time whoever is President is irrelevant and immaterial to most of us in our lives.

It is in times like these that we all find out how the leader of the country directs us and our lives through a major crisis - think Lincoln, FDR and even Bush/Obama during the 2008 Financial crisis.

Speaking only for myself, I am beyond concerned that the guy in charge knows at all, what he is doing or is even thinking about the welfare and safety of the citizens of this country. It's akin to meeting the captain of a sinking ship in the first lifeboat.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The White House is currently walking back *three* false policy announcements Trump made during his nationally televised address. Carry on and Keep calm. Jared has this.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:23 am So, here's the thing: a large % of Americans, specifically those who watch Fox, follow Trump's Twitter feed, etc actually still believe that the virus does not actually exist.

Still.

Others think that the virus exists but is less of an issue than the common flu...can't do the math, don't believe Fauci that the virus is 10X (or more) more lethal than the flu.

And both those groups truly believe that this is about 'taking down the President'.

You, sir, are in too deep. Even the posts from many, that you are in favor of on this forum, has you buried in like an Alabama tick. Your high and mighty observance, clearly shows how stuffy you are and correct you must be, in order to keep your ego fed.

You disavow darned near everyone's opinion, observations, even potential or possible outcomes and put them in 1 of 2 boxes....MD's belief system or they must otherwise be a Fox/Trump follower....GMAFB.

You remind me of the coach/teacher that said no question is a bad on, then when the student ask one....you call them an idiot.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:38 am They are ALL going to find out real soon (and so is DOPUS and all of his sycophants and cronies).

The TRUTH always wins out in the end.
I was driving home last evening listening to NPR and switched stations when they began their fundraising (already a sustaining donor) and tuned into my AM channel 1090, often with right wing talk hosts, some reasonable, some whack jobs.

This was closer to the latter, though I find it interesting how hard they try to appear as if they're really middle of the road. This one went on and on about how Trump's been getting a raw deal on this topic, had done so much to fight this problem, which was nowhere near as serious as the flu, etc, etc, then pivoted to saying that Trump "needs to do more" and that the talk show host has been calling for "more" for the past week...he likened it to FDR's response to WWII, Bush's to 9-11, etc.

Then told us that the President was speaking at 9PM. The host called for Trump to declare a National Emergency, which "would give the President greater powers to act."

I don't know about you guys, but the last thing I want is Trump with "greater powers".

I then had a conversation with my son, who, home from Shanghai, is hunkered down with my mom in Florida for now. I expressed my concern about the "National Emergency". My son said, no, Trump can't pivot that hard from telling us this was nothing to worry about...turns out he was right, as the reporting is that Trump "didn't like the sound of that".

Of course, a declaration of a National Emergency might well be appropriate...for a competent Administration that could be trusted to not abuse those powers. And Trump is likely to get told by the political types again and again that he should do it.

My concern is that he eventually realizes what it would mean to his powers...is there any limit to where Trump would take that?

I raised that question with my son, including the canceling of the Presidential election if the virus is still (or resumes) raging next fall.

Am I paranoid? Maybe.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

So I’m loading my golf clubs into the car yesterday at the muni and two guys in a truck are getting their gear out to play. We chat about the weather and then one says they were in West Palm this weekend and took a photo with Trump. He tries to show me his phone and I back away. I say he’s been shaking hands with guys who’ve been exposed. They scoff, blame it on Democrats. I wish them good luck and head straight to a long, scrubbing shower.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:23 am So, here's the thing: a large % of Americans, specifically those who watch Fox, follow Trump's Twitter feed, etc actually still believe that the virus does not actually exist.

Still.

You, sir, are in too deep. Even the posts from many, that you are in favor of on this forum, has you buried in like an Alabama tick. Your high and mighty observance, clearly shows how stuffy you are and correct you must be, in order to keep your ego fed.

You disavow darned near everyone's opinion, observations, even potential or possible outcomes and put them in 1 of 2 boxes....MD's belief system or they must otherwise be a Fox/Trump follower....GMAFB.

You remind me of the coach/teacher that said no question is a bad on, then when the student ask one....you call them an idiot.
Did I offend you personally youth?

Are you saying you're in one of those groups I described?

Just to be clear if I wasn't before, not all Fox viewers are in one of those camps, nor are they all "idiots".
Some are beginning to recognize this is real and serious.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/1 ... rts-126808

Trump’s Euro ban exempts his resorts.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 am

Still.

Did I offend you personally youth?

Are you saying you're in one of those groups I described?

Just to be clear if I wasn't before, not all Fox viewers are in one of those camps, nor are they all "idiots".
Some are beginning to recognize this is real and serious.
Not offend me at all md, but your myopic is way off target.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:56 am The JHU CSSE (Center for Systems Science and Engineering) has created this interactive worldwide map showing total, active, recovered, and deceased cases. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
This is instructional. The curve in China has flattened and new cases are decreasing. They already implemented draconian measures, quarantines and mandatory mitigation. Italy is now doing the same and we and other countries are likely next. We have to take the short term restrictive actions to flatten the curve in infections. Once the mitigations start to work, we can then transition back to normal. But it is going to be a rough few weeks.
This is not the end of the world but we are going to have different lives in the near future for a while.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Still.

That's what I wondered last night. Why he did what he did? He provided NO NEW INFORMATION TO ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION! Just a BS travel ban, that now apparently has more holes than a block of swiss cheese. He was trying to get the attention of the zombies!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Where were all you black plague folks in 2009

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resour ... demic.html

I can't remember any of this over the top media coverage, Universities closing, pro sports suspending play and high decibel complaining.

Oh that's right Obama was President. Wasn't he a democrat?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Last night in the Oval was buffoonery of the highest order that instantly hammered the futures market. Errors. Distortions. Useless tactics. But Trump’s bronzer did match the drapes.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:40 am Where were all you black plague folks in 2009

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

I can't remember any of this over the top media coverage, Universities closing, pro sports suspending play and high decibel complaining.

Ask the Italians.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:48 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:40 am Where were all you black plague folks in 2009

Ask the Italians.
Thats no answer skippy. Only 79 deaths in Italy.

The death toll, provided by officials on Tuesday night, marked an increase of 27 in 24 hours. Twenty-three per cent of the Italian population is over 65, making it the oldest in the world after Japan.

“Italy is a country of old people,” said Prof Massimo Galli, the director of infectious diseases at Sacco hospital in Milan. “The elderly with previous pathologies are notoriously numerous here. I think this could explain why we are seeing more serious cases of coronavirus here, which I repeat, in the vast majority of cases start mildly and cause few problems, especially in young people and certainly in children.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... k-covid-19

Return to “POLITICS”