Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

Re: Princeton v. Turtles on FS1.

Post by wlaxnut »

Turtles Lax wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:46 pm First women’s lacrosse game ever on FS1...or so TL is advised. Think just about everybody gets FS1.
Really looking forward to see how they broadcast the game. It will be interesting to see who their announcing duo will be, if they have talent on the cameras, etc.
BigRedMachine

Re: Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

Post by BigRedMachine »

Trap game for the Terps coming off an easy win against JMU with Princeton's head scratching loss to Brown. Doesn't help missing Caroline Steele from the lineup.
wlaxnut

Re: Wednesday March 27th

Post by wlaxnut »

There are a number of interesting games on today, among which are:

North Carolina at VT 4pm ACC Network
High Point vs Elon 6pm ESPN+
Albany at Syracuse 6pm ACC Network

But the main event is
Princeton at Maryland 7pm nationally televised on Fox Sports 1
It will be interesting to see how Fox Sports produces the broadcast. Let’s hope it’s polished and professional. Not the most stellar matchup as I think it will be Maryland comfortably, but we shall see.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well that's a pretty nice little hump day treat, thanks for posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtjzQaFZ3k
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 am Well that's a pretty nice little hump day treat, thanks for posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtjzQaFZ3k
You’re welcome. Yeah—seacoaster had a nifty idea to establish this board. It has been coming in handy.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Am a little concerned about Francophile, might have ODed on draw control delight from the Cuse today, quite a dominant performance from the Orange gals.
Cuse was just too much for Albany, they're a pretty intense and talented team to deal with. Gary's got himself a whole bunch of talented girls who can get pretty tough and gritty too. Carney's pass to Levy from the knees for her btb goal was a beauty. Nice composure, confidence, and delivery. Sure appears as if the Godfather knew what he was doing when he made the fearless femme frosh duo of Carney and Tyrrell an offer they couldn't refuse. Couple of nice players who blend in nicely with the other talented stick handlers this team has. That's a pretty talented lot on the O end of the field, D end too. Real shocker that he's got his girls playing box, eh? Cuse is a handful.
I guess it's debatabtable as to who is the best team in wlax, but it's not debateable about who the best commentator in wlax is. Nary a story about platypus, boomerangs, hair cuts, or any other kind of nonsensical BS, just a nice delivery about what's going on on the field from a gal who knows the game. Ashtyn Hiron is btb (best in the business) and the Aussie accent puts the frosting on the cake.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

And boy oh boy Syracuse looked like they were having fun.
Francophile

Post by Francophile »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 pm Am a little concerned about Francophile, might have ODed on draw control delight from the Cuse today, quite a dominant performance from the Orange gals.
Cuse was just too much for Albany, they're a pretty intense and talented team to deal with. Gary's got himself a whole bunch of talented girls who can get pretty tough and gritty too. Carney's pass to Levy from the knees for her btb goal was a beauty. Nice composure, confidence, and delivery. Sure appears as if the Godfather knew what he was doing when he made the fearless femme frosh duo of Carney and Tyrrell an offer they couldn't refuse. Couple of nice players who blend in nicely with the other talented stick handlers this team has. That's a pretty talented lot on the O end of the field, D end too. Real shocker that he's got his girls playing box, eh? Cuse is a handful.
I guess it's debatabtable as to who is the best team in wlax, but it's not debateable about who the best commentator in wlax is. Nary a story about platypus, boomerangs, hair cuts, or any other kind of nonsensical BS, just a nice delivery about what's going on on the field from a gal who knows the game. Ashtyn Hiron is btb (best in the business) and the Aussie accent puts the frosting on the cake.
You're right, I'm just recovering now from draw intoxication. Actually, winning +50% vs ND in the second half was more convincing.

The freshman are playing way beyond their years. Great pick ups by Gait. Don't forget Cooper the defender. She's a monster. Hope Wallon is OK.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Saw Wallon in civies on the sideline against Notre Dame, with a knee wrap/sleeve. I am hopeful that they are just getting her healthy for the playoff run.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 pm
Ashtyn Hiron is great, no doubt about it, but Sheehan Stanwick-Burch is still the Queen in my book.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 pm ...it's not debateable about who the best commentator in wlax is. Nary a story about platypus, boomerangs, hair cuts, or any other kind of nonsensical BS, just a nice delivery about what's going on on the field from a gal who knows the game. Ashtyn Hiron is btb (best in the business) and the Aussie accent puts the frosting on the cake.
If you’re on Twitter, I’d encourage you to let her know how you feel about her color commentary. I’m sure she would appreciate it.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

This would have been a more interesting matchup if Madison Carter for Penn State hadn’t gotten injured and been out for the season. Still an important Big 10 game. And this year’s version of the Wildcats is an exciting team to watch.

===================================
B50B5C74-3789-4424-B229-057E25D170B1.jpeg
B50B5C74-3789-4424-B229-057E25D170B1.jpeg (78.29 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

wlaxnut wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:50 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 pm ...it's not debateable about who the best commentator in wlax is. Nary a story about platypus, boomerangs, hair cuts, or any other kind of nonsensical BS, just a nice delivery about what's going on on the field from a gal who knows the game. Ashtyn Hiron is btb (best in the business) and the Aussie accent puts the frosting on the cake.
If you’re on Twitter, I’d encourage you to let her know how you feel about her color commentary. I’m sure she would appreciate it.
I'm not but you have my permission to quote and forward it to Ms. Downunda. That'd make two appreciative people.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Northwestern looked pretty darn good....well, 'cept for the unis.
Ban shorts!
Skirts rule.
Skirts put the w in wlax.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Saturday 12:00 Noon UVA at BC ACCNetwork

Saturday 12:00 Noon Syracuse at Duke ACCNetwork

Sunday 1:00 UNC at Notre Dame ACCNetwork

What else?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:50 am Saturday 12:00 Noon UVA at BC ACCNetwork

What else?
Saturday Noon #17 Johns Hopkins at #8 Michigan BTN Network (TV)

Sunday 2pm #5 Penn at #9 Northwestern BTN Plus ($ webcast)

Plus oodles of other games this weekend depending on which conferences/teams you like:

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Damn, I'd like to see that JHU-Michigan game -- but I just cannot pay for another bit of access. Why must the B1G charge us?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 am Damn, I'd like to see that JHU-Michigan game -- but I just cannot pay for another bit of access. Why must the B1G charge us?

Your cable provider doesn’t offer BTN Network?

I get BTN Network through YouTube TV. 40 bucks a month. There are a lot of other channels that carry women’s lacrosse that they offer – ESPNU, FS1, and of course, Big Ten network. And the cool thing about YouTube TV is, you can fast forward, rewind, pause during a live broadcast, and, you can watch the replays anytime you like because it’s unlimited DVR. Best deal in town. Extremely easy to sign up too.
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:50 am Saturday 12:00 Noon UVA at BC ACCNetwork

What else?
Just watched the replay of the Cuse game, oh my, what a goreous exhibition...lotta skirts too. Don't know what more you could ask for from a wlax game. Two very talented teams, just a highly comeptitive game. Once again I'm concerned about Franco. Withdrawls is tough, not in much in the line of draw fixes from the Cuse in this one. Lot of gritty play, pretty darn good saves, and a pretty nice offensive attack by the Cuse though. This was a very nice game to watch, a terrific display of wlax. The number of peope in the stands is disappointing, the wlax world (men's too) needs a better promoter/salesperson. Those Cuse girls are a handful, nice win.
BAN SHORTS (CEPT ON GKs)
SKIRTS RULE.
SKIRTS PUT THE W IN WLAX!!!!!
Last edited by DMac on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Francophile

Post by Francophile »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:44 pm

What else?
Just watched the replay of the Cuse game, oh my, what a a goreous exhibition...lotta skirts too. Don't know what more you could ask for fromn a wlax game. Two very talented teams, just a highly comeptitive game. Once again I'm concerned about Franco. Withdrawls is tough, not in much in the line of draw fixes from the Cuse in this one. Lot of gritty play, pretty darn good saves, and a pretty nice offensive attack by the Cuse though. This was a very nice game to watch, a terrific display of wlax. The number of peope in the stands is disappointing, the wlax world (men's too) needs a better promoter/salesperson. Those Cuse girls are a handful, nice win.
BAN SHORTS (CEPT ON GKs)
SKIRTS RULE.
sKIRTS PUT THE W IN WLAX!!!!!
Yes, I'm going to go shoot myself. Draw controls: Duke 21 SU 10. Really? REALLY?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”