Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

Post by njbill »

Because the snowplow parents demand it, wgdsr. :lol:

My unsolicited, free advice to the parent posters who seem to be up in arms is to let your adult child handle the situation. She is over the age of 18. She is in college. She can handle this.

Apparently, the players knew about this situation in time to enter the portal. They either did or didn’t. If the coach changes, they’ll have another opportunity to enter the portal.

There are six lacrosse seasons from the time a kid commits until the kid graduates college. I would think there are only a very few schools as to which the recruit can say with confidence that their coach will definitely be there all six years.

I can think of countless situations where there have been HC changes during those six years. It can be tough, which is unfortunate. But look at it as a life lesson. Life is tough. Things don’t always go your way.

Please, helicopter parents, snowplow parents, back off and let your kid deal with what may be a curveball that came their way. It won’t be the last one as you will know.

You may think I am being hardhearted, too tough. Not really. Let your adult child handle this adult situation.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

thelastdraw wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:21 pmthe way the wind seems to be blowing, the team knew about this quite awhile ago. before the portal was even open for some undergrads. so they had their chance.
This statement is not accurate. Blow that with your way of the wind.
if editing quotes, leave the longer string with the username and garbage at the top, and the shorter quote thingy at the end.

feel free to clear it up. meantime, the portal i believe is open again late in the year.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The posts on this board say the “situation” was discovered during the final four. I suspect a lot of people knew before that (just my guess). The portal closed June 10. Not a huge amount of time, but time nonetheless.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:55 pm Because the snowplow parents demand it, wgdsr. :lol:

My unsolicited, free advice to the parent posters who seem to be up in arms is to let your adult child handle the situation. She is over the age of 18. She is in college. She can handle this.

Apparently, the players knew about this situation in time to enter the portal. They either did or didn’t. If the coach changes, they’ll have another opportunity to enter the portal.

There are six lacrosse seasons from the time a kid commits until the kid graduates college. I would think there are only a very few schools as to which the recruit can say with confidence that their coach will definitely be there all six years.

I can think of countless situations where there have been HC changes during those six years. It can be tough, which is unfortunate. But look at it as a life lesson. Life is tough. Things don’t always go your way.

Please, helicopter parents, snowplow parents, back off and let your kid deal with what may be a curveball that came their way. It won’t be the last one as you will know.

You may think I am being hardhearted, too tough. Not really. Let your adult child handle this adult situation.
I'm trying to think of a situation in college i would want my mother to help me out in, and the only thing i think could qualify is if i needed to get bailed out. even then, i'd probably get cash from someone else. maybe if i needed a lawyer, as i couldn't likely pay.
medicinegame72

Post by medicinegame72 »

Yes, NCAA rules allow college athletes to enter the transfer portal if their head coach leaves the program within a 30-day window. This applies to players who have signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) but have not yet enrolled at the school. Once entered into the portal, athletes can meet with coaches at other schools and transfer at any time.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:32 pm Clemson two years final four. 3 years beats UNC for the Natty. Go on Draftkings and lay it down. You’re welcome.
How can I take the under? :lol:
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:24 pm This is hands down the worst these forums have ever been.
+1
lax410

Post by lax410 »

Just to be clear, if there’s an issue it’s due to the power imbalance between a supervisor and a subordinate. The fact that it’s an “affair” or their martial status or gender is entirely irrelevant.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

lax410 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:56 pm Just to be clear, if there’s an issue it’s due to the power imbalance between a supervisor and a subordinate. The fact that it’s an “affair” or their martial status or gender is entirely irrelevant.
Just to be clear…their gender/orientation is completely relevant.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:37 am
lax410 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:56 pm Just to be clear, if there’s an issue it’s due to the power imbalance between a supervisor and a subordinate. The fact that it’s an “affair” or their martial status or gender is entirely irrelevant.
How is it relevant?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Dad2laxgirls

Post by Dad2laxgirls »

What is wrong with lax parents here, these comments make everyone look bad.
I don’t know what happened and don’t claim to but if the rumors are true then the biggest issue isn’t the affair(except to the husband of course), not the same gender(except to homophobic idiots living in the 50’s), potentially the imbalance of power(but they are adults free to make their own choices unless there was even an insinuation of a quid pro quo), but really the decision making on the head coaches part if it wasn’t disclosed to the school. Again, if true, It would show a lack of priority in the school and the program from its leader as it creates a ton of potential liability to Syracuse and Syracuse lacrosse that could have easily been avoided. It sets a tone for every person on the team that it is ok to put themselves and their needs/wants over the program.
Good luck to KT and to Syracuse as they figure out how to handle if true, or how to handle the rumors if not true.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:25 am
How is it relevant?
It is relevant because it brings an entirely different dynamic into the scenario. A dynamic where they can claim discrimination if terminated. I am not saying I agree, like, or otherwise intellectually empathize with the argument. But the fact remains, if Syracuse wishes to terminate them, they have to consider the potential backlash of a lawsuit claiming discrimination (“would you have fired us if we were a straight couple?!”). I really don’t think it’s that controversial of a “take”. I worked in a Division 1 BCS athletic department and witnessed an ADMINISTRATOR leave her husband, start dating a female student athlete 20 years younger than her, claim discrimination when HR investigated….and the whole thing went away. This happens. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, applaud it, or understand it. But to say gender and orientation are not relevant here is just really naive.
cdb

Post by cdb »

The problem is that folks keep saying "if these rumors are true." If these rumors are not true -- that is defamation of character. That is why folks are asking for more than opinion or statement -- give us some evidence. Why is that unreasonable? It isn't denying the rumors -- it is just asking a proof. Two named sources would do it.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

cdb wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:28 am The problem is that folks keep saying "if these rumors are true." If these rumors are not true -- that is defamation of character. That is why folks are asking for more than opinion or statement -- give us some evidence. Why is that unreasonable? It isn't denying the rumors -- it is just asking a proof. Two named sources would do it.
To be fair, the Syracuse athletic department's very loud silence is exacerbating this problem. If they made some type of statement a few weeks ago when the rumours started to spiral, then this would have been a much more manageable issue.

As a result, everyone involved in experiencing some type of negative fallout

- Current players are being consistently asked for their opinions/who knew what when, etc.
- KT is has a black cloud over her head which could make getting any future job difficult
- The assistant coach's value is being lessened which could damage her future career prospects
- KT's ex-husband is having something personal being put on public display
- The entire team will likely be damaged moving forward due to lost 25 recruits and likely a below average recruiting class in the near future due to these rumors

In college athletics, unless someone refutes rumors, these things become self-fulfilling prophacies as the fallout from lack of recruiting due to uncertainty.
DMac

Post by DMac »

KT''s ex-husband?
When did she get married?
His name is Treanor too?
This thread is disgusting.
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:38 pm KT''s ex-husband?
His name is Treanor too?
She got married on New Year’s Eve.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

LaxUpstate wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:47 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:38 pm KT''s ex-husband?
His name is Treanor too?
She got married on New Year’s Eve.
I’m pretty sure these were facetious questions He knows all about it
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nope, don't know anything about it like you folks do.
Didn't know she got married. Everything I know about
it I learned from the smut peddlers right here.
The thread is disgusting.
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:09 pm Nope, don't know anything about it like you folks do.
Didn't know she got married. Everything I know about
it I learned from the smut peddlers right here.
The thread is disgusting.
I only knew because Brent Axe from the local paper tweeted it

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”