D1 Mens Lacrosse
Pork42

Re: Way too early 2025 top 5

Post by Pork42 »

coda wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:43 am
Finster wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:37 am
Terpslax1991 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:11 am
Finster wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:54 am
Laxitup21 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:43 am After leaning some things on who people are losing (UMD) and others, I am going

1. Princeton
2. Cornell
3. ND
4. UMD
5. UVA
For any Maryland fans here, I just want to know for sure: does Ruppel start in goal next year, or is there someone else? I assume Keethler is the fogo? And is that a concern? He was .615 this year, which isn’t bad, but on only 26 attempts.
McNaney is back

How is he back? Covid year plus injury year? Would he really want to come back or get going with life?
He was not a strength this year, so I am not sure it is a big deal either way. Depends if he is 2022 McNaney
Extra time healing that knee and that other issue from middle of the season. He tough but am sure he plays with some pain. Ruppel will be available next year and will compete for that starting role.
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:12 pm
StephenBaldwin wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:50 am Early prediction is Cuse misses MDW once again despite everyone having to hear how theyre so back for the 10th consecutive year. Losing english, mark, alexo, kohn and more. Program has little discipline and doesnt play good situational lacrosse i.e. coaching isnt there.
Once again English is returning next year and I must have missed all the Cuse is back articles from 2013-2023. There was on article in January from IL about Cuse being back. If your gonna troll at least try and get accurate info.
Admittedly mixed up Stevens and English. Regardless, Stevens was the more impactful of the two.

I’m already seeing cuse fans everywhere saying they’re going to the final, hell, it happened like 5 posts before mine. The cuse Twitter account also posted about the “road to foxborough.”

In 2020 when the season was canceled, the entire fan base, Carc, etc were calling them the team of destiny because they went 5-0 against colgate, Bing and a bunch of scrubs. They returned the same roster the next year and got smoked by gtown in the first round.

I’m 100% not trolling. This is still not a final 4 team.
Last edited by StephenBaldwin on Thu May 30, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bmk2222

Post by Bmk2222 »

Laxitup21 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:10 pm The more I think about it, the more I like ND to 3 peat.
Oh lord - tell me now and I can just not watch Lax next year….
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:23 pm
StephenBaldwin wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:50 am Early prediction is Cuse misses MDW once again despite everyone having to hear how theyre so back for the 10th consecutive year. Losing english, mark, alexo, kohn and more. Program has little discipline and doesnt play good situational lacrosse i.e. coaching isnt there.
Once again English is returning next year and I must have missed all the Cuse is back articles from 2013-2023. There was on article in January from IL about Cuse being back. If your gonna troll at least try and get accurate info.
Admittedly mixed up Stevens and English. Regardless, Stevens was the more impactful of the two.

I’m already seeing cuse fans everywhere saying they’re going to the final, hell, it happened like 5 posts before mine. The cuse Twitter account also posted about the “road to foxborough.”

The post above was Finster messing around about a local final, not exactly going out on a ledge when both teams will likely be preseason top 5.

Your surprised the Cuse Instagram account had a road to the final four noted on its posts about preparing for next season? Most schools have some sort of slogan or something like that it means nothing.

I spend plenty of time at the busiest cuse lax board on the next, there's been zero people predicting a final appearance next season. Your " I'm seeing cuse fans everywhere" was likely one dude on twitter if you actually saw any at all. If you don't think their a final four team next season that's fine and maybe accurate but there's no need to make stuff up.
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:30 pm

The post above was Finster messing around about a local final, not exactly going out on a ledge when both teams will likely be preseason top 5.

Your surprised the Cuse Instagram account had a road to the final four noted on its posts about preparing for next season? Most schools have some sort of slogan or something like that it means nothing.

I spend plenty of time at the busiest cuse lax board on the next, there's been zero people predicting a final appearance next season. Your " I'm seeing cuse fans everywhere" was likely one dude on twitter if you actually saw any at all. If you don't think their a final four team next season that's fine and maybe accurate but there's no need to make stuff up.
3 notable cuse lacrosse alums posted on Twitter this year alone that they’d see everyone at the final four. One even offered me a ride there in his Porsche. I guess I’m making that up too.

Not going to argue this anymore, but yea, nothing leads me to believe next years team will be any more successful than this years.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:35 pm

3 notable cuse lacrosse alums posted on Twitter this year alone that they’d see everyone at the final four. One even offered me a ride there in his Porsche. I guess I’m making that up too.

Not going to argue this anymore, but yea, nothing leads me to believe next years team will be any more successful than this years.
So 3 Cuse Alums on twitter saying they'll see everyone at the final four is equal to Cuse fans everywhere saying their going to the final. Bit of a disconnect there no? Again if your not a fan of the team and don't see a run next year just say it plenty of people will agree with you versus making a statement you know is inaccurate and made up.
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:41 pm

So 3 Cuse Alums on twitter saying they'll see everyone at the final four is equal to Cuse fans everywhere saying their going to the final. Bit of a disconnect there no? Again if your not a fan of the team and don't see a run next year just say it plenty of people will agree with you versus making a statement you know is inaccurate and made up.
Lmao I did say exactly that, that’s what you replied to. And no, it’s not just those 3. There are a plenty of fans on Instagram saying the same stuff. Just for fun I went to the cuse IG and one of the first comments I see is “book your tickets for next Memorial Day weekend 🍊.” Just because you aren’t seeing it does not mean it isn’t happening.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:45 pm

Lmao I did say exactly that, that’s what you replied to. And no, it’s not just those 3. There are a plenty of fans on Instagram saying the same stuff. Just for fun I went to the cuse IG and one of the first comments I see is “book your tickets for next Memorial Day weekend 🍊.” Just because you aren’t seeing it does not mean it isn’t happening.
No you didn't you also made some comment about Cuse being back the last 10 years which again is inaccurate. Dame dude you got me one Cuse fan under the Cuse instagram account posted about memorial day next year. Don't check the Hopkins or UVA instagram accounts you might be stunned by what some of their fans are posting about their chances next year. 3 alumni and one fan, the dam has definitely broken
Last edited by JeremyCuse on Thu May 30, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:00 pm Accurate. They act like its still 1990 and they can just out talent teams. They are far from the most talented team for the past decade and play an undisciplined brand of lacrosse and dont execute in situations well. Great example is Saam Alexo running down and taking a shot on the run from 15 while up 1 with 2-3 minutes left against UNC after playing 2 minutes of defense. And thats their captain. Bad decision making all over the field.
Olexo wasn't a captain last year.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Stephen: I’m offering you a ride to Foxborough next Memorial Day in my ‘72 orange Pinto. You can hang with the Orange faithful. It’ll be us versus the Big Red. 😂😂😂

image001.jpeg
image001.jpeg (43.81 KiB) Viewed 639 times
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Finster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:09 pm

Stephen: I’m offering you a ride to Foxborough next Memorial Day in my ‘72 orange Pinto. You can hang with the Orange faithful. It’ll be us versus the Big Red. 😂😂😂

image001.jpeg
Oh boy another SU fan predicting a final four appearance............
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:57 pm

No you didn't you also made some comment about Cuse being back the last 10 years which again is inaccurate. Dame dude you got me one Cuse fan under the Cuse instagram account posted about memorial day next year. Don't check the Hopkins or UVA instagram accounts you might be stunned by what some of their fans are posting about their chances next year. 3 alumni and one fan, the dam has definitely broken
Do you expect me to list every single one I find? It’s not just 4, those are just 4 I rattled off as examples, but if you want to continue to act like this isnt happening, by all means.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I'm far less bothered by a handful of Cuse fans on social media predicting a Final Four appearance than I am Anish anointing them as the preseason #1 team in the middle of this year's quarterfinals. That was head-scratching at the time and has only gotten weirder the more I think about it. He said it two or three times too. Top 5 is fair but #1...that requires some real logical leaps.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:20 pm I'm far less bothered by a handful of Cuse fans on social media predicting a Final Four appearance than I am Anish anointing them as the preseason #1 team in the middle of this year's quarterfinals. That was head-scratching at the time and has only gotten weirder the more I think about it. He said it two or three times too. Top 5 is fair but #1...that requires some real logical leaps.
I did hear him say it but didn't really think to much into it to be honest. I assume he's thinking with all the O weapons returning they could be pre-season #1 when you look at what a lot of the other quarterfinalist schools lose. That said I don't see them as pre-season #1, probably somewhere around 3 or 4 makes sense barring some major unexpected portal haul or loss.
Finster

Post by Finster »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:10 pm
Finster wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:09 pm

image001.jpeg
Oh boy another SU fan predicting a final four appearance............

Many people are saying

😂😂
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

I think MD will have a little of the Pete LaSalla syndrome. “ That Lars slide package is really good” , well when you have to slide 13 more times a game it exposes a lot of pimples. MD will miss Weirman.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:20 pm I'm far less bothered by a handful of Cuse fans on social media predicting a Final Four appearance than I am Anish anointing them as the preseason #1 team in the middle of this year's quarterfinals. That was head-scratching at the time and has only gotten weirder the more I think about it. He said it two or three times too. Top 5 is fair but #1...that requires some real logical leaps.
ESPN is based in Bristol, CT, and half of ESPN are Cuse grads. So go figure.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:57 pm

Joey Spallina already reached his ceiling and his improvement was negligible this year. How is Cuse going to reach Memorial Day weekend when we all know Spallina is on the fat Danny Devito track. It's so obvious. He's going to be at least 235 by his senior year. Dude has Payton Cormier athleticism and will be 230lbs in a 5'10.5 frame. If I were Cuse, I'd be worried. Give it a few years after college, he'll make Gary Gait look skinny. 100%
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:47 pm I think MD will have a little of the Pete LaSalla syndrome. “ That Lars slide package is really good” , well when you have to slide 13 more times a game it exposes a lot of pimples. MD will miss Weirman.
domer fans plural feeling their oats lately, huh? you stay classy, san diahgo.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:53 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:47 pm I think MD will have a little of the Pete LaSalla syndrome. “ That Lars slide package is really good” , well when you have to slide 13 more times a game it exposes a lot of pimples. MD will miss Weirman.
domer fans plural feeling their oats lately, huh? you stay classy, san diahgo.
Terp fans a little sensitive lately, huh? What exactly is offensive about saying Maryland will be negatively impacted by the loss of the best fogo the programs ever had? Hardly going out on a limb, good lord…

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”