York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Bigdawg69

Re: York 2024

Post by Bigdawg69 »

When do players have to decide where they’re transferring to by? There’s gotta be admission deadlines
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

LaxFan1991 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:27 pm Been about a week…. Any updates on incoming/outgoing players?
A rumor or two but nothing definitive.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Bigdawg69 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:59 am When do players have to decide where they’re transferring to by? There’s gotta be admission deadlines
For lesser academic institutions most have rolling admissions.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

:roll: Obviously not every school is academically the same, but the academics at the large swath of schools with rolling admissions varies more greatly than those without. It is more accurate (and certainly less condescending, though that seems more difficult for some) to say “it’s mostly just some of the high academics that don’t have rolling admissions.”

In any event, those that are in the portal are not returning. So the only admissions to be concerned with are those of their destinations.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:43 am :roll: Obviously not every school is academically the same, but the academics at the large swath of schools with rolling admissions varies more greatly than those without. It is more accurate (and certainly less condescending, though that seems more difficult for some) to say “it’s mostly just some of the high academics that don’t have rolling admissions.”

In any event, those that are in the portal are not returning. So the only admissions to be concerned with are those of their destinations.
This was a question I was thinking. Most big state schools cut off applications in the spring. Some extend to June or July for the fall. For those kids that chose to enter the portal (from York). They won’t be retuning to York, so as you said, the only deadline is the destination. We are midway through June. The kids that don’t get picked up, will be forced to enter a school without lax, and maybe try to walk on, or play club. I think the portal window shuts down at the end of June.

I am sure every player in the portal has been contacted. The question is, have any teams or schools better than York reached out? Probably for 2 or three of the players.

I checked the social media of the players that had good playing time. All have removed York from their profiles and none have new schools listed

You have to hope these kids all have already applied to a backup school, so they can continue the education in the fall. If it were my son, I would have had him already apply to the local state school (before entering the portal) for the backup plan if no one picked him up for lax.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:26 am
RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:43 am :roll: Obviously not every school is academically the same, but the academics at the large swath of schools with rolling admissions varies more greatly than those without. It is more accurate (and certainly less condescending, though that seems more difficult for some) to say “it’s mostly just some of the high academics that don’t have rolling admissions.”

This was a question I was thinking. Most big state schools cut off applications in the spring. Some extend to June or July for the fall. For those kids that chose to enter the portal (from York). They won’t be retuning to York, so as you said, the only deadline is the destination. We are midway through June. The kids that don’t get picked up, will be forced to enter a school without lax, and maybe try to walk on, or play club. I think the portal window shuts down at the end of June.

I am sure every player in the portal has been contacted. The question is, have any teams or schools better than York reached out? Probably for 2 or three of the players.

I checked the social media of the players that had good playing time. All have removed York from their profiles and none have new schools listed

You have to hope these kids all have already applied to a backup school, so they can continue the education in the fall. If it were my son, I would have had him already apply to the local state school (before entering the portal) for the backup plan if no one picked him up for lax.
The big state schools will not have an issue letting someone in extremely late if they are recruited athletes. I’ve seen a major D1 school add someone as late as two days into add/drop week.

For those wanting to play club or not play at all that could be a different endeavor and yes it could prove challenging this late.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:35 pm

The big state schools will not have an issue letting someone in extremely late if they are recruited athletes. I’ve seen a major D1 school add someone as late as two days into add/drop week.

For those wanting to play club or not play at all that could be a different endeavor and yes it could prove challenging this late.
Yes. That was my point. The kids that don’t get picked up in the portal. Which ends next week. Will have to apply to schools as a NARP
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:02 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:35 pm

Yes. That was my point. The kids that don’t get picked up in the portal. Which ends next week. Will have to apply to schools as a NARP
Entering the portal ends. There’s is no window for accepting a prospect.
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

For all the talk leading up to the portal closing I thought there'd be more follow-up on this. Anyone have any final insight into who ended up where?
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

The portal is not closing, unless there is something new the NCAA is doing that we are not aware of.

A number of the York guys seem to be weighing their options still with a plethora of schools available due to rolling admissions.

Plenty of time left and if they have been proactive in the process in reaching out to coaches/schools they will be fine, especially if they are going DII or DIII.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

MacAttack wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:22 am For all the talk leading up to the portal closing I thought there'd be more follow-up on this. Anyone have any final insight into who ended up where?
I don’t think the portal closes. Especially for D3. But many schools are either past application deadline, or have gone through most of the academic scholarship money.

I just searched social media. One player is being followed by a ton of ohio state players.

I think most of the York portals will end up at schools closer to home or bigger. Probably not playing lax.

Does anyone have a final list of the players gone?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

With Cabrini folding, I wonder if York is looking to reach out to players. That had a few talented kids on that team.
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:54 am With Cabrini folding, I wonder if York is looking to reach out to players. That had a few talented kids on that team.
Cabrini is folding? Whatchu talk'n bout Willis?
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

MacAttack wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:58 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:54 am With Cabrini folding, I wonder if York is looking to reach out to players. That had a few talented kids on that team.
Cabrini is folding? Whatchu talk'n bout Willis?
Just read the news. Wow. :shock:
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

That freshman attack herraiz is a stud. Would love to bring him over
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

There are a couple of kids in that program that could be useful
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

D3 Fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:16 pm Salisbury counts rings, York counts fanlax pages.

KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING. It made me laugh so I thought I'd share silly humor, as it is the offseason after all and might break some of the tension regarding the transfer discussion.

I understand the urge for a player to consider D1 but how many of them get meaningful D1 minutes? There are plenty who do but I saw a recent listing on here somewhere regarding Amherst players who transferred to D1 but aside from the goalie, I don't believe any of them did anything "meaningful" on the lacrosse field but they can now officially say "I played D1". I don't mean to disparage any player who wants to try D1, especially given how COVID botched up recruiting/evaluating big time, but if you have a good D3 thing going, get playing time, compete for titles, play high end competition, enjoy the team culture, get a good education, make friends/memories for life, build an academic network, etc., then why rock the boat just to say "I played D1"? I was D1, ranked program, but I absolutely have come to love the D3 perspective and if given a chance to do it again, I'd definitely give much more attention to the D3 world, even though I played significant D1 minutes. There's just so much to enjoy about this level.

At any rate, a player transferring is likely highly subjective, so wishing all the transfers the best at their new destinations and wishing the 2024 York squad an outstanding season (unless you play my favorite, Salisbury!).
Great take… my son went D1 out of HS, played a year and transferred to D3, loves it. I never followed/knew much about D3 until this past year. Great support, environment, competition… it has it all.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

It was posted that Cabrini lax coach resigned and took another position. They might not play in 2024. If that is the case, the last game in the history of that school would be a loss to York.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I am hearing that the new staff believes they will have enough kids to field a team
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

York offensive coach Drenner, leaving York to coach a HS team (per IG)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”