Maryland 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
PulpExposure

Re: Maryland 2024

Post by PulpExposure »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:08 pm The Terps do have Canadian player, Hamish McPherson, in the incoming class. He is playing in the OJLL. Looks likes Spallina is also playing in the league this summer.
One of my friends kids played against Everest and Hamish twice this year. Said the kid is just really smooth with his stick and has a really high lacrosse IQ.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Per IL Twitter
“Former @UVMmlax shortstick Colin Sharkey is headed to @TerpsMLax as a grad transfer, multiple sources tell @Inside_Lacrosse. Set to join teammates Jackson Canfield and Nick Alviti in College Park, Sharkey (2G/3A, 27 GB’s) was a Second Team All-America East pick in 2023.“
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Also looks like Griffin King (M) from Brown is news going public. Heard it several weeks ago. That makes 4 known incoming transfers to Maryland
MDralphie

Post by MDralphie »

Experienced, quality players from very good programs will be excellent additions to a team that is already deep. In Tills we trust!
jff97

Post by jff97 »

For the transfers, Alviti and Sharkey both have one year of eligibility, while Canfield and King have two years.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Three-time U.S. Men’s National Team member Jesse Bernhardt, reigning world championship MVP Michael Ehrhardt will be captains for the United States in the upcoming 2023 World Lacrosse Men’s Championship in San Diego
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Don't know a lot about Sharkey, but they def needed shortie help. Hopefully he can provide similar help that Don Lacey did. Vermont's had good defenses the last few years. I like the Alviti move a lot as I posted a few weeks back; lot of caused turnovers, can push in transition. Perfect #2/#3 pole behind McDonald or Larkin if he really pops and emerges as the starter.

King move is really interesting. They needed shooting and he shot the ball really well last year, but he's very, very similar to Kelly. Lefty wing, also can drift inside. I thought if they added a shooter it'd be someone who could run from the midfield and hit shots from the outside. Which maybe King could do but it's not what he did at Brown in '23. But again, they needed shooting and he's a shooter and I wonder if it allows them to bump someone like Brennan to shortie to shore up that position and give them more flexibility at the midfield than what they had this past season.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:37 pm But again, they needed shooting and he's a shooter and I wonder if it allows them to bump someone like Brennan to shortie to shore up that position and give them more flexibility at the midfield than what they had this past season.
What exactly happened to Brennan this year? He went from being a career 37% shooter to 16%, barely shooting by the end of the season.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:26 am
jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:37 pm But again, they needed shooting and he's a shooter and I wonder if it allows them to bump someone like Brennan to shortie to shore up that position and give them more flexibility at the midfield than what they had this past season.
What exactly happened to Brennan this year? He went from being a career 37% shooter to 16%, barely shooting by the end of the season.
Not sure anyone really knows. He worked on it all season. From what I've heard, he literally couldn't shoot from high-to-low, even when he tried. He'd get in games after a good week of practice, and he'd just hit the goalie in the chest or sail shots over the cage. It wasn't for lack of effort or work. Maybe he just got stuck between his own ears? You have to think he'll work it out this summer.
sportsfan

Post by sportsfan »

It was frustrating to watch and Tillman continued to start him.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

sportsfan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:08 pm It was frustrating to watch and Tillman continued to start him.
Probably had more to do with not wanting to disrupt the chemistry of the 2nd MF line. Kyle Long was the only constant on the 1st line, as Murphy, Koras, and Brennan all rotated through. At the end of the regular season and in the playoffs, the 2nd line got the majority of 2nd half runs.

it's funny how knock on effects happen and lead to counterfactuals that we'll never be able to answer. if Malever isn't hurt, does Erksa spend the entire year on the 2nd MF line (where he began the year)? Does Long not feel the pressure to create more and force things? Does Malever's presence give someone like Brennan easier opportunities from draw and dump plays?

To me, Maryland's offense really staggered when teams began shorting Kelly and bumping a second pole up to defend the midfield. Everything got a lot harder from then on. No lefty dodging took away that entire side of the field. It's one reason why the 2nd MF line had more pop and offense worked better. Siracusa is a lefty. Koras, I believe, is a natural lefty, but he's more comfortable dodging from X or finishing on the crease. When you had someone like DeMaio wreaking havoc up top from shooting and creating, it sure opens up a lot of right handed finishing on the other side.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Looks like the Lacrosse World games start tonight. USA vs Canada on ESPN2/ESPN+ at 10

5 Terps on the team. Jesse Bernhardt (Cap), Mike Earhardo (Cap), Matt Rambo, Connor Kelly and Mark Dunn.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Wheels wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:35 am
MoralTerpitude wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:26 am
Not sure anyone really knows. He worked on it all season. From what I've heard, he literally couldn't shoot from high-to-low, even when he tried. He'd get in games after a good week of practice, and he'd just hit the goalie in the chest or sail shots over the cage. It wasn't for lack of effort or work. Maybe he just got stuck between his own ears? You have to think he'll work it out this summer.
Yup, hopefully. Getting away from the day-to-day rhythm of a season can help sometimes.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Carson Whittier (younger brother of Zach) just committed to the Terps
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Jesse Bernhardt Finds His Voice as Leader of U.S. Men's National Team
https://usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insider/ ... ional-team
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Md just lost a ‘24 commit to football. Henry Hasselbeck just committed to Michigan State for Football. He thanked Tills for his support
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:35 pm Md just lost a ‘24 commit to football. Henry Hasselbeck just committed to Michigan State for Football. He thanked Tills for his support
Once he started getting D1 offers, you knew this was the inevitable outcome. Hard to argue with 1) full scholarships and 2) chance to play (however remote it may be) professionally as a living like your dad.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

So Tills has now lost the starting safety at USC, starting defensive end at Texas, starting safety at Maryland and a Michigan State QB. Could've been a helluva turkey bowl team.
MDralphie

Post by MDralphie »

Keno who was the safety going to USC?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

MDralphie wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:31 am Keno who was the safety going to USC?
Bryson Shaw was a Maryland commit. Decommitted to play football at OSU. Looks like he is now at usc.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”