D3 Mens Lacrosse

Who will win the National Championship?

Tufts
69%
Salisbury
31%

Total votes: 72

ah23

Re: Who will win the National Championship?

Post by ah23 »

With the caveat that I think 99% of the “lol Tufts has bad coaches” comments are ignorant/made in bad faith…that last possession is (in my opinion) why coaches should always put the goalie on the offensive end and have seven defensive players out there to double. Garzone being on a 50/50 GB with your season on the line instead of a d-middie is a killer…and Salisbury scored about 20 seconds later anyway, because the goalie was out covering someone!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Give me Ransom as the MVP of this game. A bunch of big saves in big moments + some absolute robberies in situations where he had no business making a save. Awesome game between the pipes.
Dlaxva5

Post by Dlaxva5 »

Will be checking the NESCAC Forum as I thought they had the "best" team in the "best" conference. Pretty sure they've won the last 4 years according to that forum. Waiting for someone to say they "won" 12-11 after the first quarter. Always bad coaching or some other excuse. I'm sure that is coming. Congrats to Salisbury for playing good lacrosse and being prepared from the first whistle. They were the better team and outplayed Tufts.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

SU defense is just too good. Defense wins championships and kept Tufts offense at bay the whole game. Congrats to SU for their 12th championship.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Nosey Ned wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:04 am I agree that everything points to a Tufts win by 4 or 5 goals. But crazier things have happened and I'm not about to just write off Coach Berkman and say he's "got NO shot". If anyone can devise a game plan to combat all that Tufts brings, it will be Coach B. He's not the best D3 coach of all time for no reason…..

You can dismiss Coach Berkman capabilities at your own peril ... but not me.
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so! That’s why you crown the Champion AFTER the game not before. Congratulations to Coach Berkman and the Seagulls!
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

The idol has clay feet
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Boyden a quiet 1g 2a

Swank never got going

Garzonen was " "ok" at best today

No quit in the Jumbos. Glad they made a run and it turned out to be a game
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
richard

Post by richard »

1. Coaching coaching coaching.
2. Tufts 6v6 stinks.
3. Salisbury mvps Ransom, Brown.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:14 pm Give me Ransom as the MVP of this game. A bunch of big saves in big moments + some absolute robberies in situations where he had no business making a save. Awesome game between the pipes.
here, here.
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

Congrats to the Gulls! 13!!!!!!! I really thought this would be a steep uphill battle with less than favorable odds for them to win...but the game plan was perfect and executed to perfection. Started having some heart palpitations at 11 9 but really just felt the Gulls would pull it out as they just seemed to have that extra mojo working in their favor. Ransom is my MVP. Many deserving players but he made some insane saves and made them look easy at times. Hope FOGO Malamphy is ok.

Congrats to the Jumbos on a tremendous season. Love watching ya'll play and have zero doubt you'll be in the thick of it next year.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Nosey Ned wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:18 pm
Nosey Ned wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:04 am I agree that everything points to a Tufts win by 4 or 5 goals. But crazier things have happened and I'm not about to just write off Coach Berkman and say he's "got NO shot". If anyone can devise a game plan to combat all that Tufts brings, it will be Coach B. He's not the best D3 coach of all time for no reason…..

You can dismiss Coach Berkman capabilities at your own peril ... but not me.
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so! That’s why you crown the Champion AFTER the game not before. Congratulations to Coach Berkman and the Seagulls!
i just want to see the 1 or 2 guys on guaranteeing a win throwing out mea culpas. and promising never to do it again.
Leonard Washington

ah23 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:14 pm Give me Ransom as the MVP of this game. A bunch of big saves in big moments + some absolute robberies in situations where he had no business making a save. Awesome game between the pipes.
Ransom definitely did his thing.

How about a 1a and a 1b. Even though he hasn't started every game the past two years, Swank hasn't been shut out of a game since the first game of the year last year against Colby.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:11 pm With the caveat that I think 99% of the “lol Tufts has bad coaches” comments are ignorant/made in bad faith…that last possession is (in my opinion) why coaches should always put the goalie on the offensive end and have seven defensive players out there to double. Garzone being on a 50/50 GB with your season on the line instead of a d-middie is a killer…and Salisbury scored about 20 seconds later anyway, because the goalie was out covering someone!
i just starting doing this after stealing it. can't believe i didn't think of it before.

also doing.... shorties out of timeouts in the back half. get the ball cleared with best guys handling the ball in big situations.
heisslersEMO

Post by heisslersEMO »

Glad D’Annolfo had his Jordan’s on!
Leonard Washington

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 pm i just want to see the 1 or 2 guys on guaranteeing a win throwing out mea culpas. and promising never to do it again.
Other than Njlaxx11, you won't hear from anyone else on a consistent basis admitting they were wrong as many times as they said they were right, when it comes to Tufts. They will just create a new account and wait till next year to bloviate.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

heisslersEMO wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:34 pm Glad D’Annolfo had his Jordan’s on!
Bottom line is he needs to worry less about social media and his presence on it and get better at coaching.

They looked like a 1 trick pony today...play fast take chances score goals. When push came to shove today Berkman and his staff had there team better prepared for the game and how to win it, and they did just that.
LarumVictoia

Post by LarumVictoia »

Well well well...
I guess that's why they play the game.

Interested to see what Berkman's plans are at this point after winning the 13th along with the 600+ wins. Hoping he has many more years!

Congrats to all - Well done!!
Go Gulls!!!
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Lots of crow to eat for some of forum faithful!!! Can never count out JB!! Tweet that CD
ah23

Post by ah23 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 pm i just want to see the 1 or 2 guys on guaranteeing a win throwing out mea culpas. and promising never to do it again.
By the same token…I just want to see the 5 or 6 (or more?) guys with brand new/rarely used accounts who had nothing to say all season but are now in here yapping about pReDiCtIoNs or cOaChInG promise to never do that again.

The few who predicted it get a ton of credit - not many people in here had Salisbury winning this game. The group that just showed up on the last day of the season to whine about shoes or twitter…give me a break.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:27 pm i just starting doing this after stealing it. can't believe i didn't think of it before.

also doing.... shorties out of timeouts in the back half. get the ball cleared with best guys handling the ball in big situations.
Coaches leaving the starting goalie on in those situations has always driven me nuts - who cares if he stops 60% of shots, he’s not playing goalie in that situation! Should have seven defensive players out there. If your goalie is a great athlete then sure, but otherwise it just makes no sense to me. Always thought it would be funny/smart/I think within the rules to give a d-mid a chest protector and have him jump in.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”