2023 New York State Tournaments

HS Boys Lacrosse
akawgp

Re: 2023 New York State Tournaments

Post by akawgp »

KUDOS to all the old farts keeping this thread alive

Last posted here many moons ago.

Just got back from the Genny game. 4 goal win was well earned. Many high-lite plays from the Genny( read '23 Hockey champs ) offense.
Defense wins championships and because of that, the Cats are destined to be the Bride's Maid-if that.
Too many defensive errors against a GOOD not GREAT Vestal team.

I'm Old, Rusty and I hope I'm wrong

GO CATS :D
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

akawgp wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:03 pm KUDOS to all the old farts keeping this thread alive

Last posted here many moons ago.

Just got back from the Genny game. 4 goal win was well earned. Many high-lite plays from the Genny( read '23 Hockey champs ) offense.
Defense wins championships and because of that, the Cats are destined to be the Bride's Maid-if that.
Too many defensive errors against a GOOD not GREAT Vestal team.

I'm Old, Rusty and I hope I'm wrong

GO CATS :D
WOW! Where's the Chef pix?
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

At the half JD 7 ME 1
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Northport 2-1 over Farmingdale at half
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Tight one in Far West. 5-5 between SilvCreek/Lake and Honeoye Falls Lima. MId 3Q.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

LI13 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:51 pm Northport 2-1 over Farmingdale at half
EO3
Tied at 2
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

All J D in this one 13-1 final
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:20 pm
LI13 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:51 pm Northport 2-1 over Farmingdale at half
EO3
Tied at 2
5-3 Farmingdale final
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Far West C ended HFL 11-7 over Lakeshore. Cougars will play JD Rams next.

Rye also advanced in Hudson area C.

Penn Yan 8-4 over E Aurora. Was 2-2 at H.

CNY - Marcellus runs past OFA 18-6. Sets up a Class D Mustang vs Mustang game in Cortland. Could we see a mascot rumble?
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Interesting set up that all the semis games are Section III vs Section V, and Section I vs Section VIII, except for Nisky.

I don’t know the Hudson area qualifiers all that well, so I’m not going to make predictions, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Farmingdale, GC, and Manhasset win based on the strength of their teams. GC may not have their strongest team, but they’re sneaky good and tough. CSH is in more of a reload year, so I assume they’re underdogs
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:26 pm Interesting set up that all the semis games are Section III vs Section V, and Section I vs Section VIII, except for Nisky.

I don’t know the Hudson area qualifiers all that well, so I’m not going to make predictions, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Farmingdale, GC, and Manhasset win based on the strength of their teams. GC may not have their strongest team, but they’re sneaky good and tough. CSH is in more of a reload year, so I assume they’re underdogs
Farmingdale should handle Scarsdale I think.

I think Nisky will beat GC.

Manhasset over Rye.

Pleasantville over CSH.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

I'm shooting more in the dark on the upstate finals, but I'm taking the Section 5 reps in A and B, Section 3 in C and D.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:17 pm
kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:26 pm Interesting set up that all the semis games are Section III vs Section V, and Section I vs Section VIII, except for Nisky.

Farmingdale should handle Scarsdale I think.

I think Nisky will beat GC.

Manhasset over Rye.

Pleasantville over CSH.
Do you know if NFHS is streaming the games? That broadcast crew is really 1st rate
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Yes. Here on out, I believe.
thedisciple516

Post by thedisciple516 »

Farminglade shouldn't have a problem with Scarsdale

Was going to pick GC but was impressed with Nisky's win over Yorktown. True tossup.

Easy win for Manhasset. Not because Rye is terrible but because Manhasset is that good this year.

Actually going with CSH over Pleasantville. Just much more battle tested. In reality it seems like a toss up but I'll go with the contrarian pick. Everyone seems to be going with Pleasantville over one of the best programs in NYS that had a lot of wins and close losses vs. what was a much more difficult schedule than what Pleasantville went up against.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

thedisciple516 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:38 am

Farminglade shouldn't have a problem with Scarsdale

Was going to pick GC but was impressed with Nisky's win over Yorktown. True tossup.

Easy win for Manhasset. Not because Rye is terrible but because Manhasset is that good this year.

Actually going with CSH over Pleasantville. Just much more battle tested. In reality it seems like a toss up but I'll go with the contrarian pick. Everyone seems to be going with Pleasantville over one of the best programs in NYS that had a lot of wins and close losses vs. what was a much more difficult schedule than what Pleasantville went up against.
CSH with 6 losses this year but 3 are to teams still playing (Farmingdale, Manhasset, GC), and 2 were to the other top A programs in Nassau (Port and Syosset), so it’s fair point they’re not weak, they’re just not like last year’s team which was a buzzsaw. I look at Pleasantville’s win over SWR as a good sign for them, but not many other tests.

Either way, it looks like Pleasantville has a pretty high powered offense and Dennis Bonn (CSH coach) has a couple decades of success “taking the air out of the ball” and grinding down more skilled teams. Expect everyone to be yelling for a shot clock after that game
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

2023 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships
East Semifinals - UAlbany
Wednesday, June 7
3:00 PM Class A Scarsdale (I) vs Farmingdale (VIII) John Fallon Field
4:00 PM Class D Pleasantville (I) vs Cold Spring Harbor (VIII) Bob Ford Field
5:30 PM Class C Rye (I) vs Manhasset (VIII) John Fallon Field
6:30 PM Class B Niskayuna (2) vs Garden City (VIII) Bob Ford Field

West Semifinals - Cortland Area
Wednesday, June 7
3:00 PM Class A Baldwinsville (III) vs Pittsford (V) SUNY Cortland - White
3:00 PM Class D Marcellus (III) vs Penn Yan (V) Tompkins Cortland CC
5:30 PM Class C Jamesville-DeWitt (III) vs Honeoye Falls-Lima (V) SUNY Cortland - White
5:30 PM Class B West Genesee (III) vs Victor (V) Tompkins Cortland CC

Finals - Hofstra University
Saturday, June 10
10:00 AM Class A
12:30 PM Class B
3:00 PM Class C
5:30 PM Class D
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Utilizing LaxNumbers power ratings here are some “for amusement purposes only” lines:

A
Baldwinsville-Pittsford (+4)
Farmingdale-Scarsdale (+2)

B
Victor-West Genesee (+5)
Garden City-Niskayuna (+1)

C
Jamesville-DeWitt-Honeyoye Falls-Lima (+5) in the All Hyphen Game
Manhasset-Rye (+7)

D
Marcellus-Penn Yan (+4)
Pleasantville-Cold Spring Harbor Pick-‘em
thedisciple516

Post by thedisciple516 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:33 am 2023 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships
Wednesday, June 7

Wednesday, June 7
5:30 PM Class C Jamesville-DeWitt (III) vs Honeoye Falls-Lima (V) SUNY Cortland - White

Saturday, June 10
John Fallon and Bob Ford Field are right next to each other up at UAlbany. Is it a good idea to have Manhasset and Garden City fans in such close proximity? Anyway Niskayuna could bring a couple thousand fans seeing as the game is at 6:30 after work. hope GC is ready.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

thedisciple516 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:56 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:33 am 2023 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships
Wednesday, June 7

Wednesday, June 7

Saturday, June 10
John Fallon and Bob Ford Field are right next to each other up at UAlbany. Is it a good idea to have Manhasset and Garden City fans in such close proximity? Anyway Niskayuna could bring a couple thousand fans seeing as the game is at 6:30 after work. hope GC is ready.
GC and Manhasset are bitter rivals, but I daresay their fans are civil in comparison to some other rivalries on Long Island (Farmingdale-Massapequa comes to mind!).

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”