The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:33 pm And more fundamentally, I fully support the right to privacy and dignity, which for many people means segregating the sexes by physical attributes, especially in situations where nudity is required (eg locker rooms).

And I fully support the right to free association. If somebody wants to set up a women-only league in some sport, or a men-only league, they should not be prevented by federal law from doing so.

Here I use the words women and men in the sense they have always been used until very recently: biologically female or male, a condition which applies to 99.98% of humans.

Several women's organizatios are fighting for these rights, and I fully support them:

https://womensbillofrights.com/wp-conte ... rights.pdf

https://www.womensdeclaration.com/docum ... MENDED.pdf
According to my emergency pediatrician friend based on her experience, there's a much larger percentage of babies whose physical gender is quite ambiguous and actually gets chosen (and amended as necessary) by the doctor.

That says to me that the spectrum of biological gender is definitely not perfectly binary. How much of the genes get expressed one way or another varies, but everyone has some of both...
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

A couple that was walking in Northwest Sunday said teenagers came up to them, called them “monkeypox f-g–ts,” then punched them a number of times.

What caught my eye in the article was this quote:

“I don’t know if it’s just from COVID or anecdotal evidence, but it’s been a crazy summer, and I know people I know that have stuff like this happen to them,” said Robert, one of the men who was attacked. “I feel like I’ve experienced more homophobia in DC this summer alone, than I have in Texas in my entire life.”

I feel like the past year and a half have been crazy on so many fronts. So much anger on the road for one. Bad drivers, more accidents and more serious accidents I see on the way to and from my office.

Certainly a lot of people fanning the flames on stuff like the LGBT hate in addition to just general increased agitation.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am A couple that was walking in Northwest Sunday said teenagers came up to them, called them “monkeypox f-g–ts,” then punched them a number of times.

“I don’t know if it’s just from COVID or anecdotal evidence, but it’s been a crazy summer, and I know people I know that have stuff like this happen to them,” said Robert, one of the men who was attacked. “I feel like I’ve experienced more homophobia in DC this summer alone, than I have in Texas in my entire life.”

I feel like the past year and a half have been crazy on so many fronts. So much anger on the road for one. Bad drivers, more accidents and more serious accidents I see on the way to and from my office.

Certainly a lot of people fanning the flames on stuff like the LGBT hate in addition to just general increased agitation.
You think this craziness just rose out of the blue? (Not intended to mean that you actually said those exact words) A lot of it has do with the effects that 2020 and 2021 had on people mentally. The further we come out of that, hopefully that effect begins to lessen. It did not just come out of the blue because there is more hatred in the US. It's a direct physiological effect of CV-19 (Not the actually effects of the virus itself), but the actually response to the virus itself and all that was involved with it. That is not to say that the response was neither wrong or right. I'm not getting into that.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:36 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am A couple that was walking in Northwest Sunday said teenagers came up to them, called them “monkeypox f-g–ts,” then punched them a number of times.

You think this craziness just rose out of the blue? (Not intended to mean that you actually said those exact words) A lot of it has do with the effects that 2020 and 2021 had on people mentally. The further we come out of that, hopefully that effect begins to lessen. It did not just come out of the blue because there is more hatred in the US. It's a direct physiological effect of CV-19 (Not the actually effects of the virus itself), but the actually response to the virus itself and all that was involved with it. That is not to say that the response was neither wrong or right. I'm not getting into that.
Yes, it should be pretty obvious a good chunk is COVID related, as it really increased the levels of anxiety in nearly everyone. The anger has also slowly built up over the decades, and really accelerated from 2015 onward. We hunkered down for 2020, tried to keep calm and carry on until we could get vaccinated, then you had the election, Jan 6th, economic issues, the Russian invasion and other issues pour a ton of gasoline onto a campfire the past year and a half.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77

Post by CU77 »

A peaceful demonstration held by women’s rights activists in support of an 80-year-old woman banned from her local pool was interrupted by aggressive trans activists who heckled the women as they spoke and attempted to destroy their equipment.

The demonstration took place yesterday evening in the small community of Port Townsend, Washington, a city with less than 10,000 residents that has become a hub for debate on women’s single-sex spaces after an 80-year-old model citizen was banned from the community’s pool after expressing concerns about a male in the women’s changing room.

Julie Jaman had been a guest at the YMCA-run Mountain View community pool for over 35 years. Speaking to Reduxx earlier this month, Jaman revealed that on July 26, she witnessed a trans-identified male using the female locker rooms at the pool, and became concerned due to the fact he appeared to be watching the young girls as they changed out of their bathing suits.

Jaman, who was herself nude as she was showering after a swim, demanded the male leave, but was quickly met with outrage from Rowen DeLuna, the pool’s aquatics manager who was in the locker room at the time. DeLuna berated her for being “discriminatory.”
https://reduxx.info/senior-women-heckle ... nity-pool/

This is what happens when you allow men to declare themselves to be women, with no objective standard whatsover.

This is the law in Washington and most blue states.

The federal Equality Act, supported by all Democrats, would make it the law nationwide.

I'm against it.

After a lifetime of liberal activism and voting for Democrats, I voted straight Republican in the California open primary in June to protest it.

I will never vote for any Democrat who supports this nonsense (which as of now is all of them).

And I also won't cast a meaningless third-party vote. I will even vote for Trump if I have to.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am
A peaceful demonstration held by women’s rights activists in support of an 80-year-old woman banned from her local pool was interrupted by aggressive trans activists who heckled the women as they spoke and attempted to destroy their equipment.

The demonstration took place yesterday evening in the small community of Port Townsend, Washington, a city with less than 10,000 residents that has become a hub for debate on women’s single-sex spaces after an 80-year-old model citizen was banned from the community’s pool after expressing concerns about a male in the women’s changing room.

Julie Jaman had been a guest at the YMCA-run Mountain View community pool for over 35 years. Speaking to Reduxx earlier this month, Jaman revealed that on July 26, she witnessed a trans-identified male using the female locker rooms at the pool, and became concerned due to the fact he appeared to be watching the young girls as they changed out of their bathing suits.

Jaman, who was herself nude as she was showering after a swim, demanded the male leave, but was quickly met with outrage from Rowen DeLuna, the pool’s aquatics manager who was in the locker room at the time. DeLuna berated her for being “discriminatory.”

This is what happens when you allow men to declare themselves to be women, with no objective standard whatsover.

The federal Equality Act, supported by all Democrats, would make it the law nationwide.

I'm against it.

After a lifetime of liberal activism and voting for Democrats, I voted straight Republican in the California open primary in June to protest it.

I will never vote for any Democrat who supports this nonsense (which as of now is all of them).

And I also won't cast a meaningless third-party vote. I will even vote for Trump if I have to.
Really?
You'd vote for fascism because of the chance some guy, falsely pretending to be female, might ogle a nude woman if you don't ???

I totally get that you think there should be some better, objective standards for how gender is defined (and I'd agree), and want to push your elected representatives to consider such, but...wow.

BTW, that was quite the slanted piece you linked. "gender cult"...gotta wonder whether this went down exactly as the piece claims or whether that's half truth, half propaganda?

EDIT: just watched the video...I understand the perspective of the women who want to maintain their privacy when they shower but this was more than that...she's clearly not willing to recognize that trans who identify as women also have a right to a shower feeling safe. Her demeanor and language clearly showed bias and disrespect of others. (so, too, were those shouting at her...this was ALL a staged protest, so no surprise there).

There are solutions to these issues...I was just in Europe and noticed that in many newer built situations the bathrooms and changing areas were all-gender, but with closable, lockable stalls in which each person could shower and change, or go to the bathroom, undisturbed.

Frankly, I've never fully understood people's great discomfort over the idea that someone might look at someone else sexually in a wide open locker room area...what, there aren't gay men that might look at me? Get over it. OR, and I'm perfectly fine with this, don't shower there, or, better yet, lobby management to provide some private stalls...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

CU77 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am

I'm against it.

So is the issue avowed gender identification or the ogling?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU77 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am After a lifetime of liberal activism and voting for Democrats, I voted straight Republican in the California open primary in June to protest it.

Ideas over party. I love it!!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:11 pm
LaxFan2000 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:36 am

Yes, it should be pretty obvious a good chunk is COVID related, as it really increased the levels of anxiety in nearly everyone. The anger has also slowly built up over the decades, and really accelerated from 2015 onward. We hunkered down for 2020, tried to keep calm and carry on until we could get vaccinated, then you had the election, Jan 6th, economic issues, the Russian invasion and other issues pour a ton of gasoline onto a campfire the past year and a half.
... I think it is much more likely that awareness both in the medical community and the general population has increased in recent years. You had it right to begin with, political opportunism is the name of the game. Used to be people suffered in silence not realizing their situation, thinking they were the "only one". Some estimates range as high as 1 in 100. Turns out about 1 in 200 suffer some degree of gender dysphoria (self identified).

RepubliCONs the "Bed, Bath and Beyond" fascists, taking an unfortunate situation and making it worse for the sake of politics.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Biological male student who identifies as 'trans' denied membership by ALL University of Alabama sororities

https://thepostmillennial.com/transgend ... aign=64483

Over the past week, hundreds of students at the University of Alabama participated in Rush Week, vying for spots at the institution's coveted sorority houses.
Among them was biological male Grant Sikes, who identifies as transgender. Sikes attempted to obtain a bid for numerous sororities, but by the end of the week had been denied by all of them.

Following Sikes' unanimous rejection, Sikes shared a post to Instagram outlining Sikes' thoughts.
"Unfortunately, this chapter is closed," Sikes wrote. "This recruitment journey is over for me. Being dropped from my last house this morning during primary recruitment at the University of Alabama doesn't come as a surprise considering out of the almost 20 chapters – I was dropped by every single one except 2 before day 1."
"I'm hopeful of a future where everyone is welcomed for just being themselves – everywhere," Sikes continued, adding, "If you are going through a hard time today, remember that life is too short to ponder on the things lost. Choose happiness & always look for the positive things throughout life. Move on. See the good. See the bad. Hope for the best. Brave the worst."
While Sikes failed to get accepted into any sororities, it can be argued that Sikes came out on top when it comes to online engagement.
Documenting the journey to Sikes' 1 million TikTok subscribers, Sikes received countless views and comments.
On Monday, Outkick's Clay Travis applauded the sororities for their decision to safeguard women-only spaces.
"Roll-tide, good for them for standing up to this absurdity," he said. "Men should not be able to be members of Alabama sororities.
According to AL.com, "Bama's Rush Week went viral and caught the attention of filmmakers from Vice, who allegedly began working on a documentary about the event."

Discrimination! Blatant sexist discrimination. Shame on all of them.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU77

Post by CU77 »

That a man is rejected for membership by associations of women: that is totally their right, and I applaud them for exercising their rights.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

This isn't about gender or sexual discrimination.
Sororities generally accept people who they like OR are legacies.
She was neither liked OR a legacy.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Sororities generally accept WOMEN who they like or are legacies.

The dude in question is not a woman, and the sororities were absolutely right to reject him on that basis.

https://womensdeclaration.com/documents ... MENDED.pdf
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:12 pm This isn't about gender or sexual discrimination.
Sororities generally accept people who they like OR are legacies.
She was neither liked OR a legacy.
Actually, it appears that for at least 18 sororities, it was entirely about gender.
We don't know whether the other 2 actually considered her or just went through the motions.

Of course, she might not have been "liked" as well. But we don't know.

But I think we can assume that this was about gender.
She certainly sounds like she has a good attitude about the effort to be considered and accepted.

CU77 says the sororities were "right" to reject her...would a sorority have been "wrong" to accept her?
Would that have equally been equally within their "rights" to do so?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

CU77 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:49 pm Sororities generally accept WOMEN who they like or are legacies.

The dude in question is not a woman, and the sororities were absolutely right to reject him on that basis.

When I first clicked on your link and started reading I was assuming from its content that it was a product of the United Nations. Once eventually clicking on the main page that sourced that pdf I'm now going to take this post as an affirmation of your opinion and that of Women's Declaration international, an organization with a very specific agenda based on their beliefs, and the authors of the pdf.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:18 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:49 pm Sororities generally accept WOMEN who they like or are legacies.

When I first clicked on your link and started reading I was assuming from its content that it was a product of the United Nations. Once eventually clicking on the main page that sourced that pdf I'm now going to take this post as an affirmation of your opinion and that of Women's Declaration international, an organization with a very specific agenda based on their beliefs, and the authors of the pdf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s ... ernational
a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:34 pm Discrimination! Blatant sexist discrimination. Shame on all of them.
:lol: Brookie, my man. Sororities and Fraternies ALREADY discriminate based on sex. Have been since they were invented.

Did you protest this practice in your college days?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:29 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:34 pm Discrimination! Blatant sexist discrimination. Shame on all of them.
:lol: Brookie, my man. Sororities and Fraternies ALREADY discriminate based on sex. Have been since they were invented.

Did you protest this practice in your college days?

Title IX wasn't around back then. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”