Landmark Conference 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxdad30

Re: Landmark Conference 2023

Post by laxdad30 »

Jumbo wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:36 pm Do you have ties to Goucher? I wonder how the team feels having a new coaching staff come in. I heard they only have 20 on the team this year
I do. My son is a Junior on the team. They have 22 kids that have been showing up to practice. 7 graduated last year and 7 transferred out. They got like 6-8 freshman, which is good. The boys seem to like the new coach. They put up a box lax field outdoors for practices. Having only 22 kids does suck for inter squad scrimmages. I guess the idea with the box field is that they can fully scrimmage. The new coach chose a much more manageable out of conference schedule this year.
Last edited by laxdad30 on Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxdad30 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:40 pm
Tightyrighty wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 pm Still think my list will mostly stay the same just a little mix match
1. Catholic
2. Scranton
3. E-Town
4. Susq
5. MORO
6. Drew
7. Gouch
8. Juniata
-Catholic is good, sax with another year under the belt and still holding a perfect 17-0 in confernce record is pretty insane. I think this year though where most eyes will be on him. Yea first year is important but I think he inhereited a good team and made them great. Now its time for his recruits to start coming In and see if this is a down year for catholic or just a reload. Only time will tell. I for one was a fan of pezone I think hes kept them in a lot of games and I think just its because of fast they play is why hes seen a lot of good shots and could explain him letting in some goals but hes always been solid to me.
-Previosuly I had E town here but now I do think scranton may be the more senior lead and returning team. Scranton has been in the playoffs every year all the way back to 2008 but have barely made it out of the first round let alone won anything. This year could be it with the offesnive pieces and returner d guys. All roads point to hofmeister though and how he can manage them. Returning confernce guys, goalie with a year under him, I dont know just interesting point to show
- E town is Still a team that can easily beat scranton and do well but still need to put new pieces in the puzzle for the graduating kids. They had a solid group and are seemingly young. My only hiccup with them is... you guessed it, coaching. Maguire is good and for sure is tough stepping into the shoes of porzanski but they cant win the games they need. Sure they gave dickinson a really good scare at home but then also lose to a below average st marys team. I think there is just a large learning curve in coaching. Sure he was a great player at Lynchburg and was the OC in 2020 where they beat dickinson but I just think there is a lot more then Xs and Os that im not sure if im sold on it but to contradict myself he only has 5 losses in his HC career where 4 are all from catholic so.
- Susq is still young and has growing pains. The ROY shows promise for sure and I do think there is a gritty undertone to this team, they also do not have as skilled guys as the top of the league. There are just times watching them I just feel like things are very slow and almost like a high school team at times but they alwasy bring energy and if you let them hang around they do get up.
-MORO lost their top offesnive guys and schicke (6 years of D3 lax is kinda wild someone should check his birth certificate), but they still are an established program then the ones below and carty is an alright coach. The freshman from last year had some promise to build around but I would like them to expand their schedule and see better comp. To me, they have decent facilities and somewhat solid social aspects I just wonder what makes some people not desired to go there.
-Drew gets the nod here with wilkie coming back and hopefully a better goalie and defense. Lidl has seemed to revive the program and catch a little lignting in the bottle but I was a little tired of seeing them keep getting players of the week and stuff like that. Call me selfish or old school but beating up on a lesser team and leaving kids out there running up the score isnt cool to see. The pedelum swings both ways so, if I were Lidl beef up the schedule a little. I understand team wins are big and not get the brakes beaten off you but find some middle ground you know
-Goucher I am wondering how the new coach will be coming back to his old roots to rebuild and start fresh. I think itll be a few years for them to make some real noise and bring in his own guys but I like that hes back. He built it up, it fell down and now hes here to rebuild I have to respect that. They do have good lacrosse in the dmv area but hard to compete with all the schools around there and especailly catholic being there too. They showed some promise at times but also some bad bad times too so I think this is a good spot
Juniate- Another new coach who I am interested to see in. Stumpo seems decent on paper but also looking at who he was playing against and coaching its not crazy impressive. I am glad they nabbed a guy with college experince and I am sure the hiring pool wasnt very huge. I didnt hate nobo and wonder what was the whole reason for him leaving. If I were stumpo I would jsut be the bad boys of the landmark like the 88 pistons. All the cards are against you why not throw the kitchen sink at every team. Run a 10 man ride, try some trick plays on offense, defense just be mean dudes. Everyones counting you out so why not be annoying and try to just be a headache for the other team. Ya might get lucky!

Does anyone know if any teams have started practice yet or heard any rumblings go on? I know we got the fallball and 23 shcedule treads so well find out that stuff soon but. Sorry for the long read bored at work and figured this would pass the time
Goucher has started gym training already and official practices start Monday. Fall ends with a trip to Hudson CC for a joint practice and scrimmage. They also will scrimmage another team that day, I just forgot who.
Hudson? Or did you mean Harford or Howard? Because Hudson CC is a little far for a fall game.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

River Donkey wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:22 pm Hudson? Or did you mean Harford or Howard? Because Hudson CC is a little far for a fall game.
Howard, my bad.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxdad30 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:13 pm
River Donkey wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:22 pm Hudson? Or did you mean Harford or Howard? Because Hudson CC is a little far for a fall game.
Howard, my bad.
No problem. Howard makes more sense.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

River Donkey wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:20 pm
laxdad30 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:13 pm
Howard, my bad.
No problem. Howard makes more sense.
Its the team they played last fall. I think the other team is Carroll CC, but not positive.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

It's def going to take some time for Coach Hannan to get things going. The biggest thing will be the amount of support he gets from his AD and the university. He has won at a high level before at Goucher and if given the tools he could potentially get them competitive again
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:57 am It's def going to take some time for Coach Hannan to get things going. The biggest thing will be the amount of support he gets from his AD and the university. He has won at a high level before at Goucher and if given the tools he could potentially get them competitive again
Was told that 200 Alumni reached out to him already. Fingers crossed. My son has only 2 years left to play there (3 with COVID) and he'd like to have a good year in there somewhere. There's talk about 4-6 transfers coming in for Spring. Players were excited to start practice yesterday.
Palax15

Post by Palax15 »

Fall scrimmage Oct2nd:
Susquehanna 12 - F&M 10
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Wow…. That’s pretty cool even though it’s the fall and everyone probably played. Do you mind giving any highlights or anything special if you watched?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Palax15 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:49 pm Fall scrimmage Oct2nd:
Susquehanna 12 - F&M 10
Wow!!
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Bigfella’s way too early preseason rankings.

1. Scranton - bring back the most experience, play a tough schedule. With the likes of Kozak, crapanzano, and bringing back an experienced defense they’ll host. Crapanzano is the best player in the conference, won’t have the numbers to show but should never be taken off the field - first line, faceoff, man down, man up, paint your back porch. Gimme the royals to make a run in 23.
2. Etown - gut check time for McGuire, Langen and the blue jays. I think they have an up and down season but make a run in may.
3. Catholic - time to see if sax can win with some of his own guys, how’s the crootin going down in Brookland? I’m not buying any hype this year, can they build on an NCAA run. They lost EVERYONE. They play the toughest schedule in the conference, will be interested to see how that impacts an inexperienced team. The starters may be juniors and seniors but don’t let that fool you, they haven’t played meaningful minutes. Pezone - DPoY, he will carry them as far as they want to go.
4. Susqy - time to join the big 3 and make the next step. Moan will have them playing a tough brand, won’t be as talented but won’t be surprised if they knock any of the aforementioned teams off.
5. Drew
6. Moravian
7. Goucher
8. Juniata
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

River Donkey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:26 pm
Palax15 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:49 pm Fall scrimmage Oct2nd:
Susquehanna 12 - F&M 10
Wow!!
Score was 4-2 SU after the 1st quarter, assuming both coaches played their starters Q1. Sure both squads were missing people (likely juniors) because both schools have large abroad programs in the fall. 7-4 SU at halftime.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Goucher with a combined practice and then scrimmage with Howard CC today. Goucher came out on top 8-4. Last year Goucher lost 9-5
Palax15

Post by Palax15 »

laxdad30 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:14 pm Goucher with a combined practice and then scrimmage with Howard CC today. Goucher came out on top 8-4. Last year Goucher lost 9-5
Going to be a tough year for Goucher.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Palax15 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:40 pm
laxdad30 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:14 pm Goucher with a combined practice and then scrimmage with Howard CC today. Goucher came out on top 8-4. Last year Goucher lost 9-5
Sounds like an improvement over last year.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:16 pm
Sounds like an improvement over last year.
Big improvement. Less kids right now but they gel better this year under a new coach.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

No worse than last year... Can only go up. lost a very close game to Drew that could have easily went to Goucher. better matched out of conference games his year. High hopes for moving forward and up.
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

Any news from any of the other fall scrimmages going on? Are we still waiting for some teams to have their fall scrimmage?
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Catholic will be scrimmaging Team Israel this weekend. Should be a cool experience for the Cards.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:56 am Catholic will be scrimmaging Team Israel this weekend. Should be a cool experience for the Cards.
Holy War

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”