THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by admin »

No Surprise. The #1 Pick in the 2019 Fantasy Draft was Joey Epstein.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Because he is the best, or because we are over-represented here?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Because he's the #1 Freshman.

Separately, I knew he was going to stick with OSU. Was just curious where he'd actually go. "IL's No. 2 Junior Brendan Grimes Switches to Johns Hopkins". The kid is good.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

DocBarrister wrote:A few comments on the posts above:

(1) Switching jerseys is not only silly, it sends the wrong message. In fact, what the Blue Jays should do is practice with their correct jerseys, run their most “secret” plays and sets, video the entire thing, and send a copy to each head coach in Division I lacrosse with a cover letter that says: “This is what we’re going to do, and you won’t be able to stop us. Love and kisses, Dave.”

(2) If Joey Epstein is truly your attackman of the future, let him start at attack on day 1 and don’t waste time putzing around.

(3) Wombat is lying, just like Brett Kavanaugh ... he certainly does know what “xxxx” means. :roll: ;)

That is all.

DocBarrister 8-)
Alright old butthead, comment #3 is not only unwarranted, but it belongs on a different part of the forum and NOT in THE Johns Hopkins Fallout Shelter.

I recently had a lot of message traffic with a Hoo fan about putting politics into threads where most sane people do NOT want to see it, so I feel obligated to say the same to you: doesn’t matter if you meant it as a joke, keep politics OUT of this thread and put it in the area that Matt’s set up for it.

This new message board is going to survive on self-policing one’s own posts. Please do what you can to make this thread non-political.

Let’s get off to a good start.

W
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Alumni game will be on Saturday at 6:00pm. Weather should be perfect.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Hoponboard wrote:Alumni game will be on Saturday at 6:00pm. Weather should be perfect.
Will you be filming?

Interesting note from Xanders in the most recent IL podcast—after decommitting from Ohio State, Brendan Grimes visited Virginia and Hopkins and had another visit or two lined up but canceled them after visiting Homewood.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

That is great news, because I would have guessed that, beyond UVA's other obvious attractions, Lars is creating an environment that offensive (and certain kinds of LSM) players would find irresistible.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

what if anything do we expect to learn from these scrimmages this month?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Epstein was #1 and Zinn was #3. NOW we've moved into the territory of making homer picks. Zinn is not a #3...
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I disagree. He is the number 3 ranked middle by IL. Not that I think they are all that great/ Howevah, opportunity plus talent I think makes him worthy. DeSimone is the only returner on the 1s. He has size which none of the other have. He is likely the fastest of the candidates and has talent. ON the metric of talent alone I might agree but combined with the possibility he plays on the 1s for four years I think there is a good case to be made. Too, twam needs may dictate a middle pick rather than an attackman
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yup. IL has him as the #5 offensive freshman. Not so far off from the #2 offensive freshman in the draft. with this said, if you gave me an over/under on #5, I'd most certainly take under. but we'll see...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote:what if anything do we expect to learn from these scrimmages this month?
Not much—last year's scrimmages were not very informative. A bunch of guys who barely saw the field come spring time played a ton in the fall (Pirie, Pion, etc.) while some guys who'd eventually turn into full-time players (DeSimone, Reinson, etc.) didn't seem like they were a huge part of the fall plans although I am admittedly basing that off of secondhand reports and highlight videos.

That said it'd be nice to know what the goalie competition looks like, and if there's anyone behind Prouty that can win a draw. Where Forry Smith figures into the offense is also something I'm sure we'll all be watching in the fall and into the leadup to the season. I don't think there will be a whole lot to glean from the midfield. My guess is it's a total mishmash that won't have much clarity until well into the actual season.
dms87

Post by dms87 »

Not much—last year's scrimmages were not very informative.

Overall I agree with this statement but I did see Brock play very well last fall (especially the first half vs Army) and also saw a few frosh exhibit flashes that gave you the feeling they could make a difference. Both of those trends carried on for the year, perhaps not as impactful as I had hoped for, but I did learn something watching. Forry as the odd man out also was seen at last years scrimmage day. I am looking to the trip to Albany next weekend.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

HopFan16 wrote:
Hoponboard wrote:Alumni game will be on Saturday at 6:00pm. Weather should be perfect.
Will you be filming?
Yes.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

jhu06 wrote:what if anything do we expect to learn from these scrimmages this month?
Well, the one thing I’ll learn is the quality of beer selections at the post match get together.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Kyle Marr, Danny Jones, Forry Smith named 2019 captains

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2018/10/ ... ?path=mlax
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Congrats to all three fine young men, and extra to Forrey. He played with my sons at Haverford and he is a tremendous worker and leader, obviously his Hopkins team mates agree. Best wishes to all!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HopFan16 wrote:Kyle Marr, Danny Jones, Forry Smith named 2019 captains

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2018/10/ ... ?path=mlax
Congratulations. Happy for Danny Jones. Hard work and perseverance has paid off. Good trio of captains. Good luck.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Beer selection was Miller Lite, Yuengling and Natty Boh.

Mission BBQ, great brisket and awesome salmon.

And holy cow, Orry Michael, 2011, had 400 oysters from Connecticut brought in, and damn, those were the biggest, meatiest oysters I’ve ever seen. Hat tip to Orry and many tips to the master shucker who plowed through all of them over a couple of hours.

I hope none of those oysters were harvested downstream of the previous Moderator, but hey, they were great, and he’s mostly disappeared and no longer in Puritanical dictatorial power, so that little tidbit is now very much a distant afterthought.

Passed word tonight to several people about the rebirth here at lummys.

And, I have zero idea why it’s called lummys.

Oh, I have no bleeping clue as to the score. Doesn’t matter. Epstein did have 3 goals.

Finally met hoponboard! Mission accomplished. He’s headed to Albany next week, with a direct Southwest flight to Albany. So, Albany is much easier to get to than that god forsaken gray, wintry depressing hellhole of Syracuse.

Great announcing by some famous dude in the press box.

Dixie was a riot.

Onward to Albany and 2019!
W
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Acanada wrote:I disagree. He is the number 3 ranked middle by IL. Not that I think they are all that great/ Howevah, opportunity plus talent I think makes him worthy. DeSimone is the only returner on the 1s. He has size which none of the other have. He is likely the fastest of the candidates and has talent. ON the metric of talent alone I might agree but combined with the possibility he plays on the 1s for four years I think there is a good case to be made. Too, twam needs may dictate a middle pick rather than an attackman
You magnificent bastard, you’re back!

And LOL at locking yourself out of OC and now calling yourself AC. Next thing you know, you’ll call yourself DC too.

Acanada looks more like Anaconda to me.

You should have come back as that polluting industries consortium though.

Ditch the Canada crap. I know damn well you aren’t becoming a Canadian.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”