Quarterfinal: Loyola v. BC 5/19/22

D1 Womens Lacrosse
tothedraw

Re: Quarterfinal: Loyola v. BC 5/19/22

Post by tothedraw »

Laxfan500 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:42 pm
tothedraw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:41 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:38 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:01 pm Two really tough teams here. Great game.
Who are the announcers for the Loyola game ?
Courtney Martinez Connor is one .
Do you know who the guy is ?
Drew something? I missed beginning so I didn't hear them introduce themselves.
Bart

Post by Bart »

BC the better team today all over the field.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:57 pm BC the better team today all over the field.
Yep.

That BC-Maryland matchup is going to be great.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:59 am
Lax101 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:18 am I would give Loyola the clear edge is goal keeping but Rachel is at her best in the post season and played well vs Denver.
Loyola's goalie is very unorthodox - she continually plays very high in the crease leaving the goal wide open for shooters who are patient. She is solid on shots from distance when she has a chance to see and track the ball. Her SV% against the four good teams she played this year: UF 47%, Prince 25%, Cuse 39%, JMU 38%.
A 10% SV rate from your starting goalie is rarely going to result in a W against a good team.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:44 pm Come on folks and magazines. Spell her name correctly. She’s only one of the best players in the game.
Monkey see, monkey do. Jenn Medjid.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Post by njbill »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:21 pm
njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:44 pm Come on folks and magazines. Spell her name correctly. She’s only one of the best players in the game.
Monkey see, monkey do. Jenn Medjid.
👍
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Kluegel was in Fierce mode today. Great way to go out.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Big 3 for BC were exceptional. Impressive win despite getting beat badly on the draw.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:22 pm Image
Great photograph.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Some of the 16 turnovers for Loyola yesterday were right out of Bizarro World. I don't remember the specifics but there was one Livy gave up that was, well, bizarre... baffling... head scratching at best. You can't turn the ball over at this stage of the season and expect to advance. There were some similar turnovers in the Stony Brook/Carolina game that were killers for the Seawolves even though they won the turnover battle 18-11. Can't turn the ball over if you're trying to knock off the top seed in the NCAA's. Stony Brook was playing the perfect strategy which worked for a good while, but then the superior talent took over in crunch time.
Dr. Tact

Congrats to BC

Post by Dr. Tact »

OK, back from the second 8 hour drive in the last 36. Full disclosure - some of you will be entertained, some will be PO'd by my comments, but this is how I saw it.

First off, I enjoyed the whole experience. Getting to a quarterfinal in any NCAA sport is an accomplishment. I am so happy to be able to share that with the families of Loyola, especially the 5th years.

Here is the basic fact...BC was the better team that day.

Here are my observations.

Loyola came out scared. We thought that had passed after the last two Cuse games, but they were tight and had alot of turnovers early. When you give up 4-5-5 turnovers in the first 3 quarters, you put yourself in a bad position. Some were self-inflicted, some were because of the great ride BC had.

BC had some beneficial calls that allowed for 3 goals in the last minutes of quarters. Not saying the calls were wrong, but they did make a difference.

Loyola got carded alot. Not a recipe for success.

Goaltending...Loyola seemed to forget the scouting that you do not shoot 5 hole on Hall. I think I saw 5 saves low. Bad scouting or bad execution. Hounds keeper had possibly her worst game at the worst time. 2 saves on 20 SOGs doesnt win many games. That dichotomy was the main reason for the result.

Charlotte did Charlotte things. Really nice goal when she had Detwiler hung up...Super quick step to roll the cage.

Belle Smith was the beneficiary of Loyola guarding more potent threats. As I mentioned in a previous post, I wasn't thrilled to see the 7th goal with 6 seconds left. I hope she has some reflection on that.

Loyola won more draws, but based on the turnover's, they really didn't benefit from that. BC's ride was suffocating, Loyola's, not so much.

On a personal note, #13 had another hat trick and showed that she was a always big game player. Her comment to me was, I scored as much as Charlotte!

Anyway, it is sad to know the ride is over for D #1, but we are part of the Hound family and will always be rooting for the Greyhounds!

Gotta say it, go Eagles!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:41 am Some of the 16 turnovers for Loyola yesterday were right out of Bizarro World. I don't remember the specifics but there was one Livy gave up that was, well, bizarre... baffling... head scratching at best. You can't turn the ball over at this stage of the season and expect to advance. There were some similar turnovers in the Stony Brook/Carolina game that were killers for the Seawolves even though they won the turnover battle 18-11. Can't turn the ball over if you're trying to knock off the top seed in the NCAA's. Stony Brook was playing the perfect strategy which worked for a good while, but then the superior talent took over in crunch time.
yeah...it was sad. TO's and Shot percentage were the difference in the game.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”