Patriot League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan#1969

Re: Patriot League 2022

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:56 am I think Loyola and maybe Lehigh are the games BU wins.
Maybe...maybe not
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:54 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:51 pm Here is that stretch I was talking about for BU. Tough as heck schedule upcoming.

Yale goes on a 16-1 run in the middle of the game to thwack the terriers. BU outscored 11-1 in the 2nd Q alone.

:shock:

Doesn’t get easier. Princeton up next.
I still like them against Loyola and Army unless things spin out if they get waxed by PTon and have a nasty slide from there but believe in Polley.

Navy’s not great but the way they eviscerated then last week has me believing they aren’t a paper Tiger like Mich.0
BU really seemed to run out of juice in the 4th Q against Princeton.

They get a Loyola team that’s heating up, having won 5 of its last 6, next. With hot Army and Lehigh teams...waiting.
Jwoods371

Post by Jwoods371 »

Really surprised at Bucknell being 1-4 in conference, when they have everything clicking they are legit. Playing 3 different goalies this week versus Lehigh was a bit strange to me, Van Slyke looked good in 3rd and 4th but Lehigh was really possessing the ball not taking the best shots. Think they run the table for the rest of the season and finish 4-4. Too much talent on this team. Just dug a hole to early vs Lehigh.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Jwoods371 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:50 pm Really surprised at Bucknell being 1-4 in conference, when they have everything clicking they are legit. Playing 3 different goalies this week versus Lehigh was a bit strange to me, Van Slyke looked good in 3rd and 4th but Lehigh was really possessing the ball not taking the best shots. Think they run the table for the rest of the season and finish 4-4. Too much talent on this team. Just dug a hole to early vs Lehigh.
The Fedorjaka-Goalie-Hokey-Pokey was painful to watch ... if I recall correctly, the steps go: O'Halloran --> Parson --> O'Halloran --> Van Slyke
Jwoods371

Post by Jwoods371 »

smoova wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:09 pm
Jwoods371 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:50 pm Really surprised at Bucknell being 1-4 in conference, when they have everything clicking they are legit. Playing 3 different goalies this week versus Lehigh was a bit strange to me, Van Slyke looked good in 3rd and 4th but Lehigh was really possessing the ball not taking the best shots. Think they run the table for the rest of the season and finish 4-4. Too much talent on this team. Just dug a hole to early vs Lehigh.
The Fedorjaka-Goalie-Hokey-Pokey was painful to watch ... if I recall correctly, the steps go: O'Halloran --> Parson --> O'Halloran --> Van Slyke
Thats correct, parson only saw 2 shots, O'Halloran was playing decent right above 50% when pulled 1st time and at 50% when pulled second time. Van Slyke defiantly brought alittle spark in the way he plays, super fast hand speed.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Jwoods371 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:12 pm
smoova wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:09 pm
Thats correct, parson only saw 2 shots, O'Halloran was playing decent right above 50% when pulled 1st time and at 50% when pulled second time. Van Slyke defiantly brought alittle spark in the way he plays, super fast hand speed.
Bisons win if Davis was in the lineup.
twb2020

Post by twb2020 »

Since we are talking about the Lehigh - Bucknell Game. What happened in the 3rd quarter with Lehigh up 11 - 5. Am I correct to say that the Bucknell coaches complained and showed the refs their Ipad of an incident on the field to get a penalty during a time out! I was not paying attention, and nobody around me knew what was happening. It was a big turnaround for Bucknell, scoring 2 quick goals. It completely changes the dynamics of the game.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

twb2020 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:30 pm Since we are talking about the Lehigh - Bucknell Game. What happened in the 3rd quarter with Lehigh up 11 - 5. Am I correct to say that the Bucknell coaches complained and showed the refs their Ipad of an incident on the field to get a penalty during a time out! I was not paying attention, and nobody around me knew what was happening. It was a big turnaround for Bucknell, scoring 2 quick goals. It completely changes the dynamics of the game.
That’s accurate but they put the wrong guy the box - it was another Lehigh defender that butt ended a Bison in the nards. Definitely was a turning point and Bucknell played inspired after that and just ran out of time.
twb2020

Post by twb2020 »

TopShelf585 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:40 pm
twb2020 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:30 pm Since we are talking about the Lehigh - Bucknell Game. What happened in the 3rd quarter with Lehigh up 11 - 5. Am I correct to say that the Bucknell coaches complained and showed the refs their Ipad of an incident on the field to get a penalty during a time out! I was not paying attention, and nobody around me knew what was happening. It was a big turnaround for Bucknell, scoring 2 quick goals. It completely changes the dynamics of the game.
That’s accurate but they put the wrong guy the box - it was another Lehigh defender that butt ended a Bison in the nards. Definitely was a turning point and Bucknell played inspired after that and just ran out of time.
Okay, so now are teams going to start using replay for the refs to make calls or show them what is happening in a game and look for it. It will not go well. You could hear the big bearded Bucknell coach yell and congrats to his coaching staff in the press box if you were there.

If the refs did not see it in the game or real time, how can they call a penalty?
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

twb2020 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:24 pm
Okay, so now are teams going to start using replay for the refs to make calls or show them what is happening in a game and look for it. It will not go well. You could hear the big bearded Bucknell coach yell and congrats to his coaching staff in the press box if you were there.

If the refs did not see it in the game or real time, how can they call a penalty?
Agreed- they’re walking down a slippery slope.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

TopShelf585 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:55 pm

Play happened in the timeout? Glad the play got
Caught on film. Wonder if kid gets suspended?
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Turnandrake wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:22 pm

Not 100% sure if it happened as they were coming off the field at the TO or it happened at the end of the play before the TO. Either way the TV TO is what allowed Fedorjaka to show the refs what happened and get the call.

No question that the butt end was bush league but the use of the video to show the refs that they missed it is setting a precedent that I’m not in favor of.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

TopShelf585 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:46 pm

Not 100% sure if it happened as they were coming off the field at the TO or it happened at the end of the play before the TO. Either way the TV TO is what allowed Fedorjaka to show the refs what happened and get the call.

No question that the butt end was bush league but the use of the video to show the refs that they missed it is setting a precedent that I’m not in favor of.
So let's try and make sense of this logic, b/c it is a sanctioned NCAA game with referees and the clock was not ticking, it's okay to hit/assault another people, so long as the adults in the room don't see it and we should avoid penalizing the guilty player/team? Sounds like a great recipe to take out the star players...we should encourage this behavior, just be sure no video is rolling. :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:41 pm

So let's try and make sense of this logic, b/c it is a sanctioned NCAA game with referees and the clock was not ticking, it's okay to hit/assault another people, so long as the adults in the room don't see it and we should avoid penalizing the guilty player/team? Sounds like a great recipe to take out the star players...we should encourage this behavior, just be sure no video is rolling. :roll:
Like it or not this type of behavior happens in every contact sport it seems. (Brad Marcharndt comes to mind) It doesn’t make it right but showing a video during the game to get a call isn’t part of lacrosse today. After the fact the Patriot League or the Lehigh AD/Coach could deal with the incident as they see fit and I see that as just.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

TopShelf585 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 am

Like it or not this type of behavior happens in every contact sport it seems. (Brad Marcharndt comes to mind) It doesn’t make it right but showing a video during the game to get a call isn’t part of lacrosse today. After the fact the Patriot League or the Lehigh AD/Coach could deal with the incident as they see fit and I see that as just.
Disagree completely. Send the message and draw the line in the sand immediately. It could have serious implications for the player, the outcome of the game, and it is on record in the game log. Players beware.....don't be a fudging idiot.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:05 am
TopShelf585 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 am

Disagree completely. Send the message and draw the line in the sand immediately. It could have serious implications for the player, the outcome of the game, and it is on record in the game log. Players beware.....don't be a fudging idiot.
You missed my point- I said it doesn't exist in lacrosse today. Meaning we don't have video replay to overturn a call or goal. If we did have replay then this is a moot point and the penalty would've been enforced. Until the NCAA changes the rules for video replay in lacrosse we have to play within the construct of the current rules. Personally, I'm in favor of both, video replay and additional penalties/suspensions for that type of action. I'm sure Maryland fans would agree because with replay they end up beating UVA in the 2019 Quarters on that pipe shot that was called a goal.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

So would it be ok to then just show it on the Jumbotron for those stadiums so equipped? (Navy, Army, HPU, SYR, etc.)

This precedent is a horse long out of the barn. The only argument is a fairness precedent for schools unable to provide the replay ala the same issue that delayed the shot clock implementation. I can see in the near future coaches’ challenges, and maybe even a VAR. Not saying I like it but as I believe, it is just a matter of time, technology and money.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Smelling a Lafayette victory over Navy. Lafayette has definitely looked improved this season, while Navy has not looked so good.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Really looking forward to the BU Loyola game. BU with a lot to prove and in a tough stretch of the schedule. Fortunately they are getting a Loyola team that’s vulnerable.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:20 pm Really looking forward to the BU Loyola game. BU with a lot to prove and in a tough stretch of the schedule. Fortunately they are getting a Loyola team that’s vulnerable.
Loyola is vulnerable. But if their performance at Navy last week is a sign of what is to come, they could be dangerous.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”