Jared Bernhardt

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Jared Bernhardt

Post by AreaLax »

10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Newcomer Jared Bernhardt, who was the NCAA Division I National Lacrosse Player of the Year for Maryland this past spring, earned the starting nod at quarterback and accounted for seven touchdowns in his Bulldog debut. He ran for a game-high 120 yards and four scores on 12 carries while completing 12-of-14 throws for 218 yards and three TD's in his first collegiate gridiron contest
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:23 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 am Just because he is the best athlete lacrosse has ever had since Jim Brown doesn’t get him in the NFL. He’s an option QB. His only shot would be receiver or CB at his size and he’s never played those positions.
Best athlete since Jim Brown!!! Jesus!!
What about Patrick Kerney? Originally a UVA lacrosse recruit out of Taft in the mid 90s, play two years of lacrosse but ended up being a 1st round draft pick at DE. I believe he made a few pro bowls.
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

Tom Kennedy makes Lions 53 man roster...kid is a grinder...

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/08/tom ... oster.html
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

An impressive opener. So, after this season, how many years of football eligibility does Jared have? 3?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Laxxal22 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:50 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 am Just because he is the best athlete lacrosse has ever had since Jim Brown doesn’t get him in the NFL. He’s an option QB. His only shot would be receiver or CB at his size and he’s never played those positions.
What about Patrick Kerney? Originally a UVA lacrosse recruit out of Taft in the mid 90s, play two years of lacrosse but ended up being a 1st round draft pick at DE. I believe he made a few pro bowls.
Along the same lines as Kerney, there was Evan Royster who was a lacrosse player that ended up focusing on football instead. I thought he had been on the PSU lacrosse roster but I guess he had already chosen football before then. However, he did have a standing offer to join the lacrosse team.
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/sports/ncaafootball/10psu.html wrote:
A Nittany Lion Lays Down His Lacrosse Stick

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. When Dom Starsia reads about Evan Royster and the Penn State football team, one thought enters his mind: What if?

....On the first day coaches were allowed to contact recruits, Coach Dave Pietramala of Johns Hopkins woke Royster with a 7 a.m. phone call. Royster told Pietramala and others he had no plans to play college lacrosse. Royster soon stopped opening recruitment mail. When coaches called, he let voicemail messages accumulate on his cellphone.

“I think he would have been a first-team all-American,” Pietramala said in a telephone interview. “I think he’s terrific. I think he could have been great.

...Even though he has not played lacrosse in three years, Royster has an open invitation to join the Penn State team. Coach Glenn Thiel called Royster “the kind of guy that could make a difference” in any lacrosse program.”
Also, current 4-star Notre Dame qb recruit Tyler Buchner was a highly rated lacrosse player who could have been a good stretch shooter.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:39 am An impressive opener. So, after this season, how many years of football eligibility does Jared have? 3?
Actually, having played less football than others and therefore having fewer miles on his body may give him an advantage athletically, however it seemed like his touchdown runs were mostly straight ahead with a pretty good sized hole for him to run through. I would credit his decision making over his athleticism for those.

I hope this thread continues and we can see how he's doing throughout the season. Also, I hope this gives other lacrosse players the idea to try both sports.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

There have been so many great athletes that there isn’t a greatest since Jim Brown. Just a lot of superb athletes. Here was another (took good advice and skipped college lacrosse).

https://www.stack.com/a/sam-hubbard-profile/
“I wish you would!”
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Gatsby wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 am
Along the same lines as Kerney, there was Evan Royster who was a lacrosse player that ended up focusing on football instead. I thought he had been on the PSU lacrosse roster but I guess he had already chosen football before then. However, he did have a standing offer to join the lacrosse team.
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/sports/ncaafootball/10psu.html wrote:
A Nittany Lion Lays Down His Lacrosse Stick

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. When Dom Starsia reads about Evan Royster and the Penn State football team, one thought enters his mind: What if?

....On the first day coaches were allowed to contact recruits, Coach Dave Pietramala of Johns Hopkins woke Royster with a 7 a.m. phone call. Royster told Pietramala and others he had no plans to play college lacrosse. Royster soon stopped opening recruitment mail. When coaches called, he let voicemail messages accumulate on his cellphone.

“I think he would have been a first-team all-American,” Pietramala said in a telephone interview. “I think he’s terrific. I think he could have been great.

...Even though he has not played lacrosse in three years, Royster has an open invitation to join the Penn State team. Coach Glenn Thiel called Royster “the kind of guy that could make a difference” in any lacrosse program.”
Also, current 4-star Notre Dame qb recruit Tyler Buchner was a highly rated lacrosse player who could have been a good stretch shooter.
Chris Hogan!!! :shock:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Let's see if former UNC & ND lax recruit Xavier Arline starts at QB for Navy today, after starting several games last year, including the Army-Navy game, as a freshman with abbreviated preseason practice. He's co-#1 on the depth chart.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nope, and not a good start for the Mids.
Hope they've got some O cuz the D aint
lookin' so hot.
GO NAVY!!!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

The Mids went with the other guy 👎
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:47 pm Nope, and not a good start for the Mids.
Hope they've got some O cuz the D aint
lookin' so hot.
GO NAVY!!!
Both are sophomores as well, so this will go on for years to come.

A simple cris-cross route by Marshall left the dB in the wash. Has the making of a loooong day.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

W*T*F, love the call to go for it on 4th and 4.
Gotta catch that pass. Yup, might be a
loooong day, youth.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Correction, is gonna be a looooong day.
14-Zip 8 minutes in.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I’m going to mow the lawn....checking back later.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Put in the lacrosse guy 👍
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:13 pm I’m going to mow the lawn....checking back later.
You might want to trim the bushes and weed the garden while you're out there, youth.
So far all you've missed is a blocked punt...by Marshall, of course.
Well, guess you missed a TD too. 21-Zip now.

Yes, put in the lacrosse guy!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Lax boy in, here we go.
Full speed ahead!!!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”