Dartmouth 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Dartmouth 2022

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:25 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:00 pm
check sticks wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 pm What a pillow fight between 2 heavy weights in the Fanlax arena.

Can you believe 2,404 days have passed since the last time Dartmouth lax beat an Ivy League opponent ? I was there and can only HOPE that in 2022 Dartmouth lacrosse players will feel an enormous weight lifted from their shoulders by posting the next win...and the exhiliration that will come with that win.

Let's start with small goals. And build the resume from that point onward.
You’ve ruined my imaginary concept of pillow fight by replacing and old white dude and old Asian dude instead of hot young women fighting in pajamas (or less) and pillows.
Well, at least there's a Dartmouth connection on that one....Belushi on a ladder. ;)
Modeled my life after Bluto
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:25 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:00 pm
check sticks wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 pm What a pillow fight between 2 heavy weights in the Fanlax arena.

Can you believe 2,404 days have passed since the last time Dartmouth lax beat an Ivy League opponent ? I was there and can only HOPE that in 2022 Dartmouth lacrosse players will feel an enormous weight lifted from their shoulders by posting the next win...and the exhiliration that will come with that win.

Let's start with small goals. And build the resume from that point onward.
You’ve ruined my imaginary concept of pillow fight by replacing and old white dude and old Asian dude instead of hot young women fighting in pajamas (or less) and pillows.
Well, at least there's a Dartmouth connection on that one....Belushi on a ladder. ;)
Modeled my life after Bluto
^^^

This I can believe.

DocBarrister (wearing pajamas (or less)) ;)
@DocBarrister
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

appears a dead link?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

backerzone wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 am appears a dead link?
sorry, it had been a good link.

10-4 scrimmage result, apparently up 5-1 at one point.

https://twitter.com/DartmouthMLax

https://twitter.com/DartmouthMLax/statu ... 9056211969
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

Nice to see
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

backerzone wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 pm Nice to see
Agreed.
Noting that juniors are typically away this season; not sure who was there, but whatever the mix that's what we should be able to normally expect of an improving Ivy program, so a positive sign.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:18 pm
Agreed.
Noting that juniors are typically away this season; not sure who was there, but whatever the mix that's what we should be able to normally expect of an improving Ivy program, so a positive sign.
Got Harvard and Brown in the scope this spring. Hunting season just 3-4mo away!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:18 pm
Agreed.
Got Harvard and Brown in the scope this spring. Hunting season just 3-4mo away!
I just watched the Harvard guys scrimmage.

I see some weak spots, but goal looks very strong, similar to us, and they have a player I don't think we, or most teams, have on our roster. And with some very good shooters surrounding.

But if we win at X, and win GB's in general, have a chance.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

King?
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Yes he looked very good in scrimmage
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HGK25 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:14 am Yes he looked very good in scrimmage
Best player on field I saw that day.
And that includes Asher Nolting for HPU, who I am a big fan of as well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What are the odds we could get a Hobart-Dartmouth game in 23 or beyond? Don’t see any relationship between Raymond and Callahan so it would have to be for some other reason.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:30 am What are the odds we could get a Hobart-Dartmouth game in 23 or beyond? Don’t see any relationship between Raymond and Callahan so it would have to be for some other reason.
I wouldn't know.

But most of our out of conference games are usually either an easy drive or are the one or two games every so often versus a usual top 10 contender, non-Ivy. I don't think we have one of the latter this coming season, but I believe UNC is scheduled for 2023.

I think it would be interesting to do something like an early season couple of games over a weekend at a neutral (and warm) location with multiple teams. Or on a spring break trip somewhere warm. Or do a match up in a fall scrimmage etc.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:30 am What are the odds we could get a Hobart-Dartmouth game in 23 or beyond? Don’t see any relationship between Raymond and Callahan so it would have to be for some other reason.
I wouldn't know.

But most of our out of conference games are usually either an easy drive or are the one or two games every so often versus a usual top 10 contender, non-Ivy. I don't think we have one of the latter this coming season, but I believe UNC is scheduled for 2023.

I think it would be interesting to do something like an early season couple of games over a weekend at a neutral (and warm) location with multiple teams. Or on a spring break trip somewhere warm. Or do a match up in a fall scrimmage etc.
Hobart has Syracuse and Cornell locked in every year. Lately it had been all weak opposition unless you think Colgate will get Nagle level success back but Canisius, Siena, St Bonny, etc around those two. Few years back there’s be a mix more with games vs Towson, Brown, UVM, GTown and 1-2 others. This year there’s Albany and Lehigh.

Weekend could be good w a PL (HC/BU/Bucknell), Bart, Dart and UVM/Albany/Hofstra hosted at maybe Albany or Hof.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 pm
I wouldn't know.

Hobart has Syracuse and Cornell locked in every year. Lately it had been all weak opposition unless you think Colgate will get Nagle level success back but Canisius, Siena, St Bonny, etc around those two. Few years back there’s be a mix more with games vs Towson, Brown, UVM, GTown and 1-2 others. This year there’s Albany and Lehigh.

Weekend could be good w a PL (HC/BU/Bucknell), Bart, Dart and UVM/Albany/Hofstra hosted at maybe Albany or Hof.
Early season, the only way to make it attractive to travel would be well south...get some actual warm weather!

Spring break tourney in Florida...or hey, Georgia?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We played vs Siena in a triple header a couple of years back at Kennesaw state. I missed it, had tickets to a Big Head Todd and the Monsters concert that night and they rearranged the games but that could be done again. Pretty sure Cornell and Cuse played in the triple header as well.

Saw an excellent Duke-Bucknell game in Cobb Co when I first moved down here guess it was spring 2010 went to OT.

Did one around St Andrew’s vs Cornell as well a few years back. I’d be down for either. Maybe a nice spot like Hilton Head…

Oxbridge Academy actually

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2016/2/27 ... rnell.aspx

Cobb Co Classic (LB3)
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... dule/47139

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2016/2/20 ... 63851.aspx

https://cuse.com/news/2015/3/5/MLAX_0305151811.aspx
smoova

Post by smoova »

Interesting flip here: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

Anyone have the backstory?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

smoova wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:35 pm Interesting flip here: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

I don't, other than the timing of Admissions' calendar.

I looked for any video of him playing, perhaps with some academic info as well, couldn't find anything on quick search...also didn't see any academic info on the various recruiting sites.

Certainly much harder to get into Dartmouth than Dickinson.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:14 pm
smoova wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:35 pm Interesting flip here: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

I don't, other than the timing of Admissions' calendar.

I looked for any video of him playing, perhaps with some academic info as well, couldn't find anything on quick search...also didn't see any academic info on the various recruiting sites.

Certainly much harder to get into Dartmouth than Dickinson.
Just heard an Ivy League player was just reached out to because a ‘22 committed to a highly selective college is reclassifying to ‘23….my guess is the player has to PG and the highly selective school is looking for a high probability admit to take his spot. First time the kid ever heard from them was with an offer.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”