D2 Mens Lacrosse
Old&InTheWay

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Who's the HC at Queens? Panos or Hannan
FaceDodge

Post by FaceDodge »

At this point I don't even think the administration at Queens knows who the head lacrosse coach is.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Was there a mutiny? Why would a new coach (Hannan) want to be a part of this environment. Seems like you would be looking over your shoulder all the time. CRAZY!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Kyle has been around(including a few seasons in Geneva)...he won't be looking over his shoulder, he knows the drill.
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

https://gogoldenknights.com/news/2021/7 ... coach.aspx

Saint Rose hires Williams from Frostburg State
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

KingPrat wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 pm https://gogoldenknights.com/news/2021/7 ... coach.aspx

That is great news! Great hire!!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

River Donkey wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:18 pm
KingPrat wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 pm https://gogoldenknights.com/news/2021/7 ... coach.aspx

Was looking for the "yawn" emoji...
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

FMUBart wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:39 pm

I'm kinda with you Bart.

I don't know Williams, I'm sure he's a good coach and will be fine at St. Rose. I wish him the best.

However - as I reread the job description I was expecting a bigger "splash" I guess. Top NE-10 assistant or someone that had coached in an NCAA tourney at some point. Maybe St. Rose's pay structure coming back to bite them again? Not sure where it stands now but I know when Morrissey was hired the salary wasn't great.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

:lol:
FMUBart wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:39 pm

😆
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:08 pm Who's the HC at Queens? Panos or Hannan
Depends who you ask.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

In case anyone missed it in the Tampa and Limestone boards:

https://www.tampaspartans.com/sports/ml ... 0720m164mh
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:22 pm Ryder, Clarke or Stocks
FWIW - you heard it here first
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Great hire by Tampa. Gold mine of talent and a recruiters dream with their campus/location/administration.
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

I am shocked that Tampa hasn't won a championship yet. The amount of talent they have and over 100 guys between the Varsity and JV roster is impressive...The talent down south is also really getting stronger at the HS level...especially in Georgia and the Sweetlax program in Florida...

One of the best things you can do as a HS coach is go down there and try and get on the Tampa JV schedule...It's a great way for your guys to see the level they need to get themselves to...Or for you to see the level your program is at...good for top end programs looking to challenge their guys.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

I agree with you to some extent. Tampa has had a lot of talent but sometimes talent isn't everything. Maybe JB can figure that part of the proverbial puzzle out.The SSC is getting stronger, so it will be interesting to see how they do within the conference. I do believe there is some really good talent in both Georgie and Florida but to attribute it to Sweetlax is a stretch to say the least and a discredit to some of the finest HS coaches and programs it both states. Sweatlax 2023 team is solid but if you look down the line at their other levels, they don't seem to consistently maintain that level of success. It also seems they are having trouble identifying, and recruiting, top coaches to their programs in Florida. I am not advocating one club program over the other, I just don't think it's fair or accurate to direct all the credit in the uprise of lacrosse in George and Florida to one club program . "Just my opinion"
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Sidelinehorn! wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:32 am One of the best things you can do as a HS coach is go down there and try and get on the Tampa JV schedule...It's a great way for your guys to see the level they need to get themselves to...Or for you to see the level your program is at...good for top end programs looking to challenge their guys.
Rumor is that the JV Mens Lacrosse team at Tampa will no longer exist moving forward. Not that they will have trouble getting 60-70 guys, but I do know of a number of DIII schools who got a lot out of coming down, meeting and playing a couple of D III teams and then playing the Tampa JV team there as well.
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am I agree with you to some extent. Tampa has had a lot of talent but sometimes talent isn't everything. Maybe JB can figure that part of the proverbial puzzle out.The SSC is getting stronger, so it will be interesting to see how they do within the conference. I do believe there is some really good talent in both Georgie and Florida but to attribute it to Sweetlax is a stretch to say the least and a discredit to some of the finest HS coaches and programs it both states. Sweatlax 2023 team is solid but if you look down the line at their other levels, they don't seem to consistently maintain that level of success. It also seems they are having trouble identifying, and recruiting, top coaches to their programs in Florida. I am not advocating one club program over the other, I just don't think it's fair or accurate to direct all the credit in the uprise of lacrosse in George and Florida to one club program . "Just my opinion"
I've coached club for over a decade and Sweetlax Florida is by far the only group I encountered from FL that could compete on the national stage. I'm not saying the success of Florida lacrosse is strictly because of them, but they have certainly helped the state profile along with IMG. I would say Georgia actually has several clubs that compete on the national stage and have LEGIT top end talent.

As for the demise of the Tampa JV Program that is too bad. It was a great opportunity and perspective change for our HS athletes when we got to play them. Hopefully it's just a rumor.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Sidelinehorn! wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 am
Old&InTheWay wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am I agree with you to some extent. Tampa has had a lot of talent but sometimes talent isn't everything. Maybe JB can figure that part of the proverbial puzzle out.The SSC is getting stronger, so it will be interesting to see how they do within the conference. I do believe there is some really good talent in both Georgie and Florida but to attribute it to Sweetlax is a stretch to say the least and a discredit to some of the finest HS coaches and programs it both states. Sweatlax 2023 team is solid but if you look down the line at their other levels, they don't seem to consistently maintain that level of success. It also seems they are having trouble identifying, and recruiting, top coaches to their programs in Florida. I am not advocating one club program over the other, I just don't think it's fair or accurate to direct all the credit in the uprise of lacrosse in George and Florida to one club program . "Just my opinion"
I've coached club for over a decade and Sweetlax Florida is by far the only group I encountered from FL that could compete on the national stage. I'm not saying the success of Florida lacrosse is strictly because of them, but they have certainly helped the state profile along with IMG. I would say Georgia actually has several clubs that compete on the national stage and have LEGIT top end talent.

As for the demise of the Tampa JV Program that is too bad. It was a great opportunity and perspective change for our HS athletes when we got to play them. Hopefully it's just a rumor.
I doubt it is a rumor. Limestone once also had a JV program, but got rid of it. (I think after JB came on as coach).
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Tampa is doing away with the JV program. Coach Clarke already informed the players. He will still keep a larger roster (60-70 kids) like he did at Limestone, but they will not have a JV program.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

pridelax13 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm Tampa is doing away with the JV program. Coach Clarke already informed the players. He will still keep a larger roster (60-70 kids) like he did at Limestone, but they will not have a JV program.
Good, I have yet to meet a player who was happy about playing JV.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”