LIBERTY LEAGUE 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SouthernLaxGenius

Re: LIBERTY LEAGUE 2021

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

richard wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:59 am RITs run in the Liberty has been phenomenal, it never happened in the Super Six/E8. The top and middle teams are not pushovers either. Cograts to RIT and coach Coon but it's time for it to end. SLU has the talent to make this weekends game close but boy do they need to take care of the ball. Those passes that fly out of their sticks, I just do not understand. I know that they feel like they belong and would like to see them back in the tournament this year.
Ahh the Super 6. My how time flies :lol:

Predictions Richard?

I'm leaning RIT 14 SLU 8
CTLaxFan15

Post by CTLaxFan15 »

Man that 1 vs 1 McCann had against RIT late in the 4th goes in 9/10 times and pipe killed the momentum for Dutchman. Union RIT continues to be great contest every time they play, could of been LL final if Union had taken care of Ithaca midseason.

SLU Ithaca was never really in doubt, Ithaca came out hot and score went back and forth until game broke open in 2nd Q. Saints dodged and shot better than previous games and Ithaca couldn't really fight back due to faceoff X domination by Prime. RIT continues to be whole level above rest of LL and SLU needs to shorted up lineup and play top dogs in order to have chance against the Tigers. Second time around against RIT always fares better for Saints and have been close past 3-4 years, lets see if they can end the RIT LL run
Pegasus5

Post by Pegasus5 »

If the NCAA can't put the best 36 teams in the DIII tournament, perhaps they ought to create a DIV, somewhere between DIII and community college :D
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

D-IV . Think of the possibilities.

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
richard

Post by richard »

Lacrosse is not the only sport. Mt Union regularly kicks everybodys butt in football as an example. Baseball, basketball, swimming etc all have premiere teams lacrosse folks have never heard of.
richard

Post by richard »

Hard to watch SLU. Throwing the ball away with RIT easily taking advantage.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

richard wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:25 pm Hard to watch SLU. Throwing the ball away with RIT easily taking advantage.
Not to sound like the get off my lawn type, but one handed ground balls in traffic and late slides because of ball watching? Back in my day we focused on fundamentals and we liked it!

(But seriously, St. Lawrence needs to clean it up on both sides of the ball)
richard

Post by richard »

You’re supposed to arrive with the fundamentals already in hand.
SouthernLaxGenius

RIT seemed to capitalize on each and every St. Lawrence mistake today.

Not a whole ton to say.

Loved the play by play announcer (allowed me to click on other tabs to watch other games).
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Yikes- it was 7-5 RIT and SLU just got stuffed on a 1 on 1 by Hare. From that point on they didn’t score until it was 19-5. Any chance of an At Large just went down the drain- Union would’ve had a better chance at getting it
richard

Post by richard »

Union was a better team than SLU. Ithaca loss which was an anomaly did them in. Nine times out of ten Union wins against them. SLU knows about losing to Ithaca and missing the dance too.
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

I know I'm a homer but I'm going to say RIT goes very far this year. They have the tools on both sides
of the ball, Hare, good fogo and excellent ball/possession management.
SouthernLaxGenius

https://libertyleagueathletics.com/news ... wards.aspx

Liberty League All-Conference

Can RIT get back to a Memorial Day weekend and get the (proverbial) NESCAC monkey off their back this year?
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

RIT doing the Liberty League proud once again! Nice job and great coaching
SouthernLaxGenius

LibertyL wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:02 pm I know I'm a homer but I'm going to say RIT goes very far this year. They have the tools on both sides
of the ball, Hare, good fogo and excellent ball/possession management.
Time for you and the Tiger faithful to stick out your chest with pride and enjoy the win, 8 years in the making.

Many doubted the Tigers at home, heading into another matchup with a NESCAC opponent. They really stepped up and didnt let Tufts run and hide after being down 5-2 and 9-5 as many other teams have in the past.

1 more to go

Slaying the beast known as Salisbury, is a whole different animal (pun may be intended) 8-)

Should be a good one
Toplucy15

Post by Toplucy15 »

Larson Sundown is 2nd on the team in points and doesn't play the entire game generally, got honorable mention all-conference and very little credit for the Tiger's run the last 5 games?

6,4,4,6,6 are his points per totals the last 5. Am I missing something?
SouthernLaxGenius

Toplucy15 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:25 am Larson Sundown is 2nd on the team in points and doesn't play the entire game generally, got honorable mention all-conference and very little credit for the Tiger's run the last 5 games?

Although it may not have shown up in the all-conference voting, Larson definitely is getting his fair share of credit and respect, especially from opponents he has faced this tournament
ergit

Post by ergit »

Toplucy15 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:25 am Larson Sundown is 2nd on the team in points and doesn't play the entire game generally, got honorable mention all-conference and very little credit for the Tiger's run the last 5 games?

Little credit? Talk to an SSDM...
Sundown has had all sorts of recognition in his career. I’m sure the only thing he cares about right now is winning a championship.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

I was really hoping for anybody else except Salisbury in this game.
The Tiger's style of play may not work well against the Gulls. The run-n-gun, albeit fun to watch, may come back to bite them. Salisbury is a team that loves to run and can also finish.

I don't see an advantage at the faceoff X like they've enjoyed- in fact it would be great if RIT can go 50%.

A few things have to go right for them to get the win but they are definitely deep enough and capable of bringing the trophy back to Rochester.
In addition Jake Coon is a great guy.
richard

Post by richard »

I thought RIT did a good job of recognizing when they did and did not have an advantage on the fast break and didn't push it too hard. Five or six times they backed off to run their 6 on 6. They spread out their 6 on 6 and made the defense move which worked out well as Tufts defense had to work hard and may have tired at the end. The ball moves faster than the feet and RIT has done a good job so far proving that in the tournament.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”