Would BC have at least one national title with a different coach?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Re: Would BC have at least one national title with a different coach?

Post by Cletus »

Bart wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:10 am
Cletus wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:29 am Great is one category--elite is another. You want to be included in the pantheon of The Elite? Gotta bring some hardware to the entrance gate for admission. Nothing Elite about Marv Levy, Dan Marino or Pistol Pete. No hardware--no elite status. And what're you griping about? What's wrong with great?
Sorry mate, that is a load of (1) cr@p. Two in the HOF for football? Not elite? A HOF basket ball player that was also on the 50th anniversary team? Not elite? They must hand out those HOF spots to any Dan, Marv and Pete.

This take that AWW is not an elite coach is absurd. Or by that measure GG is not an elite coach would be equally absurd. I guess we can now remove one of your two elite coaches from that list because her team, the team of the Century...a super team, lost?
DMac wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:16 am Right, that's why Pistol Pete and Dan don't live among the immortal elites in their respective Halls Of Fame. Oh wait, they do, just not in your book.
Eli Manning is elite X 2 in comparison to Marino in your book.
That pretty much epitomizes how ridiculous your thinking is here.
DMac wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:27 am Your book, your rules however asinine.
Doug Williams elite, Marino not.
Rob Pannell not elite despite winning the Tewaaraton.
deGrom's not an elite pitcher.
8meterPA wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:32 am I assume this is nothing but (2) trolling by laxnut/cletus. But I'l take the bait - Pistol Pete was easily, i mean easily one of the top 10 players of all time. If you don't know that I can't help you.
(1) We can write "crap" now, Bart. I appealed to the powers that be.

(2) No trolling here, Pennsylvania. This is what I honestly believe. I'll expound:

Concluding that Doug Williams fits my definition of what elite means just because he has a single ring demonstrates a misunderstanding of my basic point, to wit: Don’t come looking for admittance to the gates of Valhalla without hardware. The misunderstanding occurs when one assumes that’s all one has to bring for elite status, and entrance to *My Valhalla, without sufficient spoils of war in addition.

The misunderstanding is my fault. I didn’t fully explain my criteria, (not that what follows is a full definition, but it’s more than what I spelled out earlier).

Admittance to My Valhalla requires not only multiple championship trophies/rings, but the numbers to complete the resume. Just because a warrior makes it into another Valhalla doesn’t automatically qualify them for mine. Doug Williams, Curt Warner, Randy Moss et al. don’t make my Elite NFL Hall of Fame. Craig Biggio, Harold Baines and Larry Walker, all recent inductees into Cooperstown, don’t even warrant a first interview at my place. Each candidate is assessed individually, and each item of their career is considered. The hardware (multiple championships) is the minimum requirement for an interview, a suitable resume is additionally required for full admittance. And there are always exceptions to the rule at the discretion of the Overlord of each Hallowed Hall.

In conclusion, if a player/coach doesn’t make My Hall and you think it a grave omission—then put them in your Hall. You're wasting keystrokes trying to convince me to put them in mine. As a body once said, "If two people agree on everything, one of them isn't necessary."

* Everyone has their own Valhalla, their own personal Hall of Fame where they get to construct the requirements. Why, a discussion broke out regarding Pete Maravich after my OP. Perfect example of how everyone has their own criteria for their own Hall and each player is measured by an ultimately subjective measuring stick.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

“It’s fun to be a part of a new chapter. The winners aren’t just Maryland and Northwestern every year,” said Walker-Weinstein, who played at Maryland from 2002-05 and coached as an assistant at Northwestern from 2006-08. “I want to keep going. I’m already thinking about winning another one.”

Much different view for BC and Acacia Walker-Weinstein this morning. She grew into and became "the different coach" who could win it all. Hearty congratulations to coach and her whole staff.

Now--just one more bit of hardware in the trophy case and AWW is ushered into the Hallowed Hall of the Elite.

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

awesome to have this thread debunked...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:08 am awesome to have this thread debunked...
This thread was debunked a long time ago
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:08 am awesome to have this thread debunked...
Indeed it is, Matnum--indeed it is.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:21 am
And by debunked, I mean exposed for the farce it was when it started in June 2019.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:35 am
Bart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:21 am
And by debunked, I mean exposed for the farce it was when it started in June 2019.

+1
DMac

Post by DMac »

It was begun by a guy who gets off on this kind of stuff and makes an asz of himself (reveling in it) while doing so. Since it's Memorial Day (and Happy Memorial Day to all) I'll go this route. Mr. Keyboard Critic's definition of an elite soldier is the guy who comes home with the Medal Of Honor pinned to his chest, all others wear scarlet letters. The guy who comes home with three Bronze Stars, a Silver Star (all with Vs) and three Purple Hearts (like my father did) isn't an elite soldier. Nuff said.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 am It was begun by a guy who gets off on this kind of stuff and makes an asz of himself (reveling in it) while doing so.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”