Yale v UVa - should VA bother showing up?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Yale v UVa - should VA bother showing up?

Post by Matnum PI »

Brandau and Morrill have been invisible.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

This should be interesting. Anyone know if UVA can play with a lead????
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Did you catch that sideline report reference to Nigel? Boo yah! ;)
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:01 pm Brandau and Morrill have been invisible.
IL had a story last week ago or so about how Morrill isn't athletic (his teammates make fun of his lack of athleticism) but uses his vast lacrosse knowledge to gain an advantage. He's getting blanketed by a guy both Duke and Maryland made look slow. Yale has no one who can run by any UVA defender.

I'm not surprised Starr is getting lit up. He came in with a 45% save percentage. When TD is giving you 3 out of 4 possessions, it doesn't matter.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

UVA's players are like sharks and the ball is like blood. Even when Yale is holding the ball. More of a frenzy when the ball is on the ground but, at all times, a frenzy.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

rasheed wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:13 pm What’s up with Yale? I’m sure, like Virginia, they’re tired but...maybe they’re pulling a UVA strategy for the big comeback

Perhaps they haven't fully recovered energy-wise from that 19-17 match vs PSU.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

UVA just playing a great game all around game.
Last edited by Mid-Lax on Mon May 27, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lux et veritas
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Mid-Lax wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:18 pm UVA just playing a great game all around.

Elis started the second half with a massive rush but coach Lars T must have said something inspiring and made some clever adjustments to stop that momentum. Good coaching sure makes a big difference.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

thetruth

Post by thetruth »

The stick skills and ground ball game of the Yale defensemen are awful. They also have no straight away speed. Ierlan has hid that flaw all year.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Wheels wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:09 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:01 pm Brandau and Morrill have been invisible.
IL had a story last week ago or so about how Morrill isn't athletic (his teammates make fun of his lack of athleticism) but uses his vast lacrosse knowledge to gain an advantage. He's getting blanketed by a guy both Duke and Maryland made look slow. Yale has no one who can run by any UVA defender.

I'm not surprised Starr is getting lit up. He came in with a 45% save percentage. When TD is giving you 3 out of 4 possessions, it doesn't matter.
Wow, you sure have an agenda. Did you get rejected from Yale, turn down the little one? They are horrible, slow, unskilled, probably smell bad and are cheap dates and yet are somehow, defying you and God, in the natty game two years in a row. It’s obviously because of face offs. Oh wait, right.
smoova

Post by smoova »

reLAX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
From the Duke/UVa thread, but I'll just leave it here ...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

smoova wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm
reLAX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
From the Duke/UVa thread, but I'll just leave it here ...

Missed it earlier - thanks for sharing that gem. :lol:

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Congratulations to Virginia!!!

Congrats to Yale on another great season!

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

pcowlax wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:27 pm
Wheels wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Wow, you sure have an agenda. Did you get rejected from Yale, turn down the little one? They are horrible, slow, unskilled, probably smell bad and are cheap dates and yet are somehow, defying you and God, in the natty game two years in a row. It’s obviously because of face offs. Oh wait, right.
Did you watch the game? Yale couldn't win a single one-on-one battle the entire game on offense or defense. Couldn't run past anyone at either end of the field. UVA's offense is basic as can be. UVA's previous two opponents showed the UVA's defense isn't exactly air tight. I wanted Yale in this game. I thought they were the better team by far. Rasheed from the UVA threads can attest to that.

I didn't apply to Yale, and there's no way I would have gotten in if I did apply. When my kids get old enough, one of them might be good enough; and I'd be pretty thrilled by that. I wholeheartedly rooted for Yale in last year's game, too.

So, no agenda here, but I get that you might be upset that Yale looked like molasses today. So chill out.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DECENT WIN.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kudos to both teams for a truly worthy Championship game. No doubt a great many youth players will be greatly inspired by the hard work and dedication of these superb athletes. No wonder why the sport is growing by leaps and bounds all over the USA.

flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

hard not to be happy for Lars
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

From Charlottesville: WAHOOWA!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

THAT was awesome.

GSP

Post by GSP »

It was wise for UVA to show up even though they had no chance.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”