All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

SCLaxAttack

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:35 pm Look at these white Trumper racists and their low-IQ and no-PhD schooling.

Sure staying at a factory for 28 days is nice and all, helping make the materials for N95 masks and voluntarily leaving their families, but you can tell they are Trumpers!

(the above an expected comment from your garden variety Dem)

Want to know about America? This:

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Facto ... 11971.html
Actually if you want to look at this with some information rather than opinion (I know, anathema to a guy who worships the ground walked upon by the Liar/Gas-lighter-in-Chief), that factory in Delaware County is slightly more likely to have more democrats employed there than republicans. Most recent available political registration statistics for Delaware County, PA according to the PA Dept of State - 178241 Ds, 168000 Rs.

(Posted by someone who's voted in 11 Presidential elections - 9Xs for the R, 1X for the D (the Sarah Palin decision prevented a vote for McCain), and 1X a write-in.)
ggait

Post by ggait »

$100 million?? sign me up! how much is that, 10 cents per test?
Sorry -- $100 billion.

Cue Dr. Evil video.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Given that we don't actually test enough people to know who has suffered the CV with little/no symptoms, or who was never tested the 5% number is probably too high (because we miss cases). But what my posting is saying it cannot possibly be as low as the flu.
Totally agree.

Even the Stanford survey in Stanford/Santa Clara County (the one that Six Foot was touting yesterday) would get you a 0.2% death rate. So still 2X seasonal flu.

But end of the day, it is AxB=C. If A is more (infection rate) and B is less (death rate), C (the size of the pile of dead bodies) is still what counts.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:58 pm
$100 million?? sign me up! how much is that, 10 cents per test?
Sorry -- $100 billion.

Cue Dr. Evil video.
test cost $1,000 a piece? This is the anti-body test, correct?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:35 pm Look at these white Trumper racists and their low-IQ and no-PhD schooling.

Sure staying at a factory for 28 days is nice and all, helping make the materials for N95 masks and voluntarily leaving their families, but you can tell they are Trumpers!

Actually if you want to look at this with some information rather than opinion (I know, anathema to a guy who worships the ground walked upon by the Liar/Gas-lighter-in-Chief), that factory in Delaware County is slightly more likely to have more democrats employed there than republicans. Most recent available political registration statistics for Delaware County, PA according to the PA Dept of State - 178241 Ds, 168000 Rs.

(Posted by someone who's voted in 11 Presidential elections - 9Xs for the R, 1X for the D (the Sarah Palin decision prevented a vote for McCain), and 1X a write-in.)
And to repeat but amplify what I said before - who cares if they all voted for Trump or none of them did? What they did in the way of sacrifice to make PPE fabric should make them heroes in anybody's book. We need more people like this.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:07 pm
Given that we don't actually test enough people to know who has suffered the CV with little/no symptoms, or who was never tested the 5% number is probably too high (because we miss cases). But what my posting is saying it cannot possibly be as low as the flu.
Totally agree.

Even the Stanford survey in Stanford/Santa Clara County (the one that Six Foot was touting yesterday) would get you a 0.2% death rate. So still 2X seasonal flu.

But end of the day, it is AxB=C. If A is more (infection rate) and B is less (death rate), C (the size of the pile of dead bodies) is still what counts.
We may pass the flu volume in 1/3 of the time.... with social distancing. Anyone that wants to equate this to the flu isn’t paying attention.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

RRR:

Rockefeller plan is to get to 3 million tests per week in the next 6-8 weeks (we're currently at about 1 million per week). Then 30 million per week in six months. Sounds like they are talking infection tests. Also a contact tracing corps.

$100 billion tab.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Feel good story from my area. Don’t know any of those involved.

Two coronavirus patients recovered after having been given plasma therapy.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/cinnaminso ... ma-therapy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:29 pm Feel good story from my area. Don’t know any of those involved.

Two coronavirus patients recovered after having been given plasma therapy.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/cinnaminso ... ma-therapy
Convalescent plasma - old school stuff (got used in 1918 epidemic)
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:28 pm RRR:

Rockefeller plan is to get to 3 million tests per week in the next 6-8 weeks (we're currently at about 1 million per week). Then 30 million per week in six months. Sounds like they are talking infection tests. Also a contact tracing corps.

$100 billion tab.
Pretty much what the other experts have been saying.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Holy cow, King Andy is letting up his boot from the throat of NYS golfers. They can golf now! No golf carts, carry your clubs and walk the course. The NYS Gestapo is required on all courses to maintain social distancing and ensure no golfer has any fun playing the game. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

HCQ news: More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study.

Looks like this study was from patients who were further along the disease track.

Results look to be consistent with the hunch that the effectiveness (if any) would be only if given early in the cycle.

Still waiting on data from lots of other more traditional/rigorous trials going on. Should be available soon.

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hey man, these guys work, they are definitely Republicans.

kidding not kidding
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Hey man, these guys work, they are definitely Republicans.

kidding not kidding
Face it - no one really believes your hyperbole. I know it is a Trumpian trait to boast (how rich is Donald Trump really?) but that is nonsense. And you know it.
calourie

Post by calourie »

IMHE numbers not looking good today. Likely to be a new high in US deaths, but at the same time it looks like some states are folding in senior care facility reporting when they hadn't in the past. For instance Cuomo reported 481 deaths in the morning which got recorded on the IMHE site, but now there are 764 being reported by the same site. The hodge-podge of information and mortality reporting makes tracking and projecting a very inconclusive science. Whatever the case there are a large number of people dying out there of this infection, and the numbers look like they will exceed the current projections by a substantial amount. One other disconcerting trend is that the deaths in Italy are not slowing down at anywhere near the projected rate. This may well indicate a reality which will impact us as well. South Korea and their hyper-intense testing regime seems to be the gold standard in dealing with this nightmare, but it looks like the US, if not already way too late, is too unruly in its' response to gain much benefit from their example. I would think a more focused effort to at least move in the South Korean direction would be advisable. In the meantime, judging from the response of Georgia and Governor Kemp it looks like some states will be dialing back to a more Swedish "let's just let it sweep through more of the population and see what happens approach". I doubt Kemp is consulting with Drs. Fauci and Birx about this approach, but in the not too distant future we should have enough data to evaluate its' efficacy. The results in Georgia and in other states which ease up on their distancing and activity guidelines should be revealing, and also very useful in mapping out our course into the future.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:20 pm HCQ news: More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study.

Looks like this study was from patients who were further along the disease track.

Results look to be consistent with the hunch that the effectiveness (if any) would be only if given early in the cycle.

Still waiting on data from lots of other more traditional/rigorous trials going on. Should be available soon.

the study wasn't anything but a look back. it might stand to reason that you may end up getting desperate and trying various protocols if things aren't working out for you in the hospital.
and if they are, standard care and you get released.
the study in table 2 also lists a number of patient differentials re: comorbitities, etc.

i don't know what soon means, but with the numbers we're experiencing here and abroad it'd be nice if we see tons of rigorous traditional trials from any number of drugs within weeks. there have been enough that have worked in vitro that hopefully something sticks.
Last edited by wgdsr on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Italy re-opening May 4th.

Most of America will then too. Not NY.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52367635

Back to work!!!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

They loaded up on hydroxychloroquine? They’re good to go?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:36 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:20 pm HCQ news: More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study.

the study wasn't anything but a look back. it might stand to reason that you may end up getting desperate and trying various protocols if things aren't working out for you in the hospital.
and if they are, standard care and you get released.
the study in table 2 also lists a number of patient differentials re: comorbitities, etc.

i don't know what soon means, but with the numbers we're experiencing here and abroad it'd be nice if we see tons of rigorous traditional trials from any number of drugs within weeks. there have been enough that have worked in vitro that hopefully something sticks.
I have a call next month with a company working on it. It’s been announced. We will see what it yields. They have miracle drugs on the market now. Not sure if they will get there with this but they are very smart people.... Lot of smart people working on it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:35 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:54 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:21 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:15 am Trump praised China and even sent them medical supplies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPVmloKuqYI
I know, idiotic.

now what?
COVID-19 Response
Pandemic Resilience Roadmap
April 20, 2020:

Our COVID-19 Response Initiative, a bipartisan group of experts in economics, public health, technology and ethics from across the country, has released the nation’s first comprehensive operational roadmap for mobilizing and reopening the U.S. economy in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.

https://ethics.harvard.edu/files/center ... 0.20_0.pdf
gotta be honest.....more white collar welfare garbage.

This is NO road map. It's you and I sitting around the table, talking about where we want to take the kids on vacation, this summer. (in normal times) It's more tripe. Nothing specific. NO direction. rudderless junk.

What is wrong with the 69 page "Fired" pandemic report? oh, junk....right

Even't's 201 seven recommendations: Oh. yeSz, more road map stuff, right CU88

So, back to your link......IE; the word "essential" hit of 74 times in the pdf "find" function.

Junk like this: No footnotes, citations & reports on where these #'s came from? junk.
pg. 17
As we discuss when and how to reopen the economy, we miss a fundamental point—40% of the economy is already
open. According to the Department of Homeland Security, approximately 40% of the U.S. workforce is currently in
essential services. Unfortunately, however, this essential workforce has not been equipped with the resources needed
for pandemic resilience. As a result, doctors and nurses have fallen ill, and 17% of the New York Police force is sick
or quarantined.

pg 20.

This plan assumes that approximately 40% of the workforce is currently in essential roles, 15% are needed to fill
shortages in essential roles, 15% are in expanded definitions of essential roles, 10% are in none of these categories
but cannot productively work from home, and 20% can productively work from home

and yet.......this roadmap is JUNK, for many reasons, but, can someone tell me, in the road map "legend" or "key" perhaps, but where the FRIG can we find what business is deemed "e$$ential?". Hello, idiots.......

...are you telling us, the map is SOOOO good, you have to purchase another map (Homeland Security e$$ential designation list, oh, btw, does NOT exist, legally. Thought STATES controlled that ? ALso, good luck finding the homeland securities essential business list. )

Unless, I am missing it somewhere. That this roadmap describes, in detail, which business is essential, which is not. You know, Specifics. But, you know I didn't miss it. I actually read these links.

How much money did Harvard get for this useless piece of garbage?
We disagree, I fear that come this next winter flu season we are going to be in a world of hurt; unless we over prepare.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”