The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU77

Re: SCOTUS

Post by CU77 »

jhu72 wrote:--- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ---

For those feeling the Ellison story is more important than the Kavanaugh story, the Hill is reporting ---

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
Indeed. A striking fact is that BK is not himself asking for an FBI investigation. He is also not asking for his friend Mark Judge to testify.

If I was ever falsely accused, I would be screaming for a full investigation by law enforcement, and calling all possible witnesses to come forth and testify.

None of that from BK ...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Lindsey Graham making -- no news here -- an ass of himself. It's like it's part of his daily diet.
njbill

Post by njbill »

He was clearly very upset. My take is that was because he sees the nomination going south.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote:
jhu72 wrote:--- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ---

For those feeling the Ellison story is more important than the Kavanaugh story, the Hill is reporting ---

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
Indeed. A striking fact is that BK is not himself asking for an FBI investigation. He is also not asking for his friend Mark Judge to testify.

If I was ever falsely accused, I would be screaming for a full investigation by law enforcement, and calling all possible witnesses to come forth and testify.

None of that from BK ...

Yup. Frankly I suspect Mark Judge has a bigger problem than Kavanaugh - not in this case, but as an individual. I suspect both of them need professional help, not seats on any court.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote:He was clearly very upset. My take is that was because he sees the nomination going south.
It's indeed rare that we get this kind of political karma come back to bite politicians.

The Dems first tasted this by removing the filibuster.....and then watching Obama not get his SCOTUS pick.

Now it's the R's turn to pay the price for not allowing Obama his choice.

Magical. Can't say I'm not enjoying it.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

We are truly witnessing the complete the unwinding of all the political norms and niceties that we came to expect over the past, oh, 80 years......
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote:
njbill wrote:He was clearly very upset. My take is that was because he sees the nomination going south.
It's indeed rare that we get this kind of political karma come back to bite politicians.

The Dems first tasted this by removing the filibuster.....and then watching Obama not get his SCOTUS pick.

Now it's the R's turn to pay the price for not allowing Obama his choice.

Magical. Can't say I'm not enjoying it.
+1
njbill

Post by njbill »

Talk that the Democrats will get into his sex life. Boy, I think that could be a mistake.
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote:We are truly witnessing the complete the unwinding of all the political norms and niceties that we came to expect over the past, oh, 80 years......
Do you think Dems and Republicans in Congress are learning the lesson that this path you describe isn't working?

Yeah, me neither.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seriously? wrote:The accuser at Duke wanted to punish the privileged preppy brats.

What the motive here? Why would Ford throw herself in front of this train?
If you believe it's to punish a guy who assaulted her years ago, well, then it proves he did it.

I certainly don't believe she is sacrificing her (until now) peaceful life in order to save the country from the reversal of Roe v Wade.
Perhaps she is seeking a FDA streamline for her husband/or company new drug? What, you HAVN'T read Dr. Fords books?

Also, what is a "beach friend"? Is that like FWB's ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Kav goes last. That will be what people remember. Innocent until proven guilty has gone out the window. Ford has no corroboration for her claims either. People need to deal with facts, not emotions.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
njbill

Post by njbill »

Dems are ahead right now. They have to be careful not to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote:Talk that the Democrats will get into his sex life. Boy, I think that could be a mistake.
Just talking about this with a colleague; agree with you Bill.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote:Talk that the Democrats will get into his sex life. Boy, I think that could be a mistake.
There is no reason for the Ds to push on the Ford allegations - that question is settled. I would stick to the alcohol abuse line of attack which seems corroborated by all accusers. This could very well have District Court impact. He could easily commit perjury which would allow the democrats to keep the attack going for another couple years. Kavanaugh could be the gift that keeps on giving.

If the republicans were smart, they would pull the plug on this now -- immediately.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Ford mentioned a GoFund me page during her testimony....it went from under $180k to over $350k.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote:
Bandito wrote:Dr. Ford is clinically insane. She wanted the hearing delayed because she was afraid of flying. Now she admits under oath she flies all the time and flew to the hearing. She is a liar plain and simple. She should get used to 3 square a day in a cell.
My wife and daughter (and countless other people listening in on this spectacle) are afraid to fly. They do so; they hate it, but they bear it. You really are a remarkably limited specimen.
If you are truly afraid to fly, you don't. Ever. John Madden was famous for never flying. Hating it, is another story. People with real fears simply don't fly.

Dr. Ford , did she drive or fly from Rehobeth Beach to New Hampshire this summer?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote:Ford mentioned a GoFund me page during her testimony....it went from under $180k to over $350k.
But, I heard on the radio that her lawyers were working pro bono. And clearly stated that they never expect to be paid. So what is the money for?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Someone named "Phil Lesh" gave $10k for Fords fundme page. The bass player for the Dead?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote:
seacoaster wrote:
Bandito wrote:Dr. Ford is clinically insane. She wanted the hearing delayed because she was afraid of flying. Now she admits under oath she flies all the time and flew to the hearing. She is a liar plain and simple. She should get used to 3 square a day in a cell.
My wife and daughter (and countless other people listening in on this spectacle) are afraid to fly. They do so; they hate it, but they bear it. You really are a remarkably limited specimen.
If you are truly afraid to fly, you don't. Ever. John Madden was famous for never flying. Hating it, is another story. People with real fears simply don't fly.

Dr. Ford , did she drive or fly from Rehobeth Beach to New Hampshire this summer?
Wrong. Xanax goes a long way to overcome those fears.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

foreverlax wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
seacoaster wrote:

Wrong. Xanax goes a long way to overcome those fears.
Ah this explains why you are so moronic. You are a drug addict. Seek help
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy

Return to “POLITICS”