The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:54 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:44 am
OCanada wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:43 pm Great lack of Christianity and Judaism in this thread.
How about we let people just roll how they want to if it isn’t hiring anyone else?
" Hiring anyone else" you should check your auto correct sometime before you post. I'm going to take a wild guess that you meant to say either harming or hurting. FTR I am all for letting people to just roll. I could care less about what people do in their private life.
So now you're going to be a little biyach. Ok cool, enjoy whatever makes you feel better.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:01 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:54 am
OCanada wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:43 pm Great lack of Christianity and Judaism in this thread.
How about we let people just roll how they want to if it isn’t hiring anyone else?
" Hiring anyone else" you should check your auto correct sometime before you post. I'm going to take a wild guess that you meant to say either harming or hurting. FTR I am all for letting people to just roll. I could care less about what people do in their private life.
So now you're going to be a little biyach. Ok cool, enjoy whatever makes you feel better.
:D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

How about we let people just roll how they want to if it isn’t hurting anyone else?
Seems a good solution unless they participate in runng a Lolita express
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

OCanada wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:09 am
How about we let people just roll how they want to if it isn’t hurting anyone else?
Strange how you have to be >=18 to go to an establishment to watch people dance erotically, but its okay so long as you cross dress in the name equality, and while the kids are under aged.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:20 am
Strange how you have to be >=18 to go to an establishment to watch people dance erotically, but its okay so long as you cross dress in the name equality, and while the kids are under aged.
youth, have you ever actually talked to someone in drag? Ever seen a drag show?
Ever seen someone crossdressed? Ever seen someone crossdressed speaking with children?

How about an erotic stripper? Ever talked to one? Ever seen one talking to children?

How about a 'soccer mom'? Ever talked to one and found it to be 'sexual'?
How about when she's talking to children...sexual, erotic?

Are all encounters with people dressed as females sexual, erotic?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:59 am
No mention of the love many Muslim countries have for the LGBTQ community. They have a neat tradition of throwing these people off the top of tall buildings. That is rather harsh is it not?? Do they get a mulligan in your world?
Modern Islam, as practiced by most American Muslims, and many throughout the Western world, is very similar in its treatment of gender identity and sexual preference as modern Christianity and Judaism treat those issues.

To be a "good Muslim", like being a good Christian or good Jew, is have compassion and love for one's neighbor, regardless of those differences.

Backward fundamentalism in each of these religions can be pretty darn ugly and gross. Power is the key dynamic at play.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:32 am
No mention of the love many Muslim countries have for the LGBTQ community. They have a neat tradition of throwing these people off the top of tall buildings. That is rather harsh is it not?? Do they get a mulligan in your world?
Modern Islam, as practiced by most American Muslims, and many throughout the Western world, is very similar in its treatment of gender identity and sexual preference as modern Christianity and Judaism treat those issues.

To be a "good Muslim", like being a good Christian or good Jew, is have compassion and love for one's neighbor, regardless of those differences.

Backward fundamentalism in each of these religions can be pretty darn ugly and gross. Power is the key dynamic at play.
None of my Muslim friends would support throwing someone from the LGTBQ community off the tops of buildings. Cradleandshoot should expand his circle of friends.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So does modern American Islamism repudiate the barbaric nature of Islam in general? How do the virtues of Islam differ from the USA to Saudi Arabia?? Is an American Muslim still a Muslim? I was unaware of a different branch of Islam that modifies its beliefs to suit the requirements of the infidel? Are Catholics different if they are American Catholic or Irish Catholic??. Are Jews different if they are American Jews or Israeli Jews?? Correct me if my history is wrong. History seems to want to keep repeating itself. I wonder why so many religions of peace have a solid foundation of hatred and intolerance and happily willing to kill who ever they have determined a threat to their particular religious beliefs?
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:07 pm

So does modern American Islamism repudiate the barbaric nature of Islam in general? How do the virtues of Islam differ from the USA to Saudi Arabia?? Is an American Muslim still a Muslim? I was unaware of a different branch of Islam that modifies its beliefs to suit the requirements of the infidel? Are Catholics different if they are American Catholic or Irish Catholic??. Are Jews different if they are American Jews or Israeli Jews?? Correct me if my history is wrong. History seems to want to keep repeating itself. I wonder why so many religions of peace have a solid foundation of hatred and intolerance and happily willing to kill who ever they have determined a threat to their particular religious beliefs?
https://reformjudaism.org/learning/answ ... udaism-and
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

sigh...yes, culture and fundamentalism are closely related.

For instance, many north African Christians have the same horrific practices as other religions with regard to clitoral removal with young girls. Female Genital Mutilation. This is somewhat common in North African culture, though hopefully will diminish.

Are they not "Christian" because you and I would not consider these practices "Christian", albeit they find justification by their interpretations of holy scripture? Or are we not Christians because we read holy scripture differently? Same scripture, more or less.

Islam is not more or less "barbaric", by "nature" than Christianity or Judaism, throughout the long histories of each religion. I'd suggest you read your Old Testament a bit more and widen your history review of barbaric acts in the name of "Christ". And likewise read the history of Islam.

It's really a pity that, even here in America, we fail to address the truth of our histories, with all their ugliness, as well as civilized evolution.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:18 pm

For instance, many north African Christians have the same horrific practices as other religions with regard to clitoral removal with young girls. Female Genital Mutilation. This is somewhat common in North African culture, though hopefully will diminish.

Are they not "Christian" because you and I would not consider these practices "Christian", albeit they find justification by their interpretations of holy scripture? Or are we not Christians because we read holy scripture differently? Same scripture, more or less.

Islam is not more or less "barbaric", by "nature" than Christianity or Judaism, throughout the long histories of each religion. I'd suggest you read your Old Testament a bit more and widen your history review of barbaric acts in the name of "Christ". And likewise read the history of Islam.

It's really a pity that, even here in America, we fail to address the truth of our histories, with all their ugliness, as well as civilized evolution.
So what will happen to you if you travel to a Muslim country and enlighten them of the barbaric nature of their religion? Go give it a whirl and get back to all of us. How many suicide bombers can you name that were Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Lutheran or Episcopalian? Think about it dude. There is only one prominent religion that I know of that has members fanatical enough to strap a bomb on and go anywhere including a mosque and blow themselves up?? The promise of those 72 virgins must be pretty persuasive.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:41 pm

So what will happen to you if you travel to a Muslim country and enlighten them of the barbaric nature of their religion? Go give it a whirl and get back to all of us. How many suicide bombers can you name that were Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Lutheran or Episcopalian? Think about it dude. There is only one prominent religion that I know of that has members fanatical enough to strap a bomb on and go anywhere including a mosque and blow themselves up?? The promise of those 72 virgins must be pretty persuasive.
:roll: sigh.
"Christian" fanatics are mass murderers, terrorists, too.
Including in our 'modern' era, both in war torn areas, and in the relatively peaceful and civilized West.

And yup, asymmetric warfare, whether in the name of religion or not, seems terribly fanatical to those insulated from oppression.

But you were citing history...do some more homework.

Note, I am not, I hope it is is obvious, in any way condoning fanaticism or terrorism nor oppression.

For instance, I'm not condoning the Inquisition, nor Russian Orthodox purges, nor Lutheran-German support of the Holocaust.

Whether these brutalities are committed by those in power, or by those fighting against those in power, great evil has been done in the name of Christ, Yahweh, and Mohammed.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

How about tie on a fifth (and other refreshments) and get behind the wheel?

"Leaders in the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland who this spring made Heather Elizabeth Cook a bishop — the diocese’s first female bishop — knew the ugly details of her 2010 drunk-driving arrest but determined “that this one mistake should not bar her for consideration as a leader,” the diocese said in a statement Tuesday.

Now the diocese finds itself under fire after Cook’s acknowledgment that she was involved in a crash on Saturday that killed bicyclist Thomas Palermo, the father of two small children. Cook left the scene but returned later, Bishop Eugene Taylor Sutton said in a statement Monday."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/di ... story.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Then "if it isn't hurting anyone else" wouldn't be the case, would it? ;)
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:26 am
youth, have you ever actually talked to someone in drag? Ever seen a drag show?
Ever seen someone crossdressed? Ever seen someone crossdressed speaking with children?

How about an erotic stripper? Ever talked to one? Ever seen one talking to children?

How about a 'soccer mom'? Ever talked to one and found it to be 'sexual'?
How about when she's talking to children...sexual, erotic?

Are all encounters with people dressed as females sexual, erotic?
Why no talk about drag kings? Drag is drag, no?

I wonder what far right America's reaction was in the 50s when Donna Reed and Mrs. Cleaver started ditching their house dresses for..... PANTS! Did Katherine Hepburn get grief?
Typical Lax Dad

:lol: :lol: :lol: says the guy that probably takes kids to Hooters!
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

We already discussed this, but you left the conversation......

This would be 1000% illegal in the States that pass these laws you're selling us is about "dancing erotically" IF they were cross dressers.

Total logic fail, my man. You're not trying to protect kids. You're trying to stick it to drag queens.....this isn't fooling anyone.

Short, skin tight clothes that would NEVER be allowed in my parent's day. Lots of bare skin. The literal definition of erotic dancing.

All performed by underaged girls and boys. How do you allow this, if you're serious about keeping kids from seeing "erotic dances"?

[youtube]

This would be 1000% illegal in the States that pass these laws you're selling us is about "dancing erotically" IF they were cross dressers. But they're not, so your crew doesn't care.

Total logic fail, my man. You're not trying to protect kids. You're trying to stick it to drag queens.....this isn't fooling anyone.

Short, skin tight clothes that would NEVER be allowed in my parent's day. Lots of bare skin. TONS of makeup. The literal definition of erotic dancing.

All performed by underaged girls. How do you allow this, if you're serious about keeping kids from seeing "erotic dances"?

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:09 pm

This would be 1000% illegal in the States that pass these laws you're selling us is about "dancing erotically" IF they were cross dressers.

Short, skin tight clothes that would NEVER be allowed in my parent's day. Lots of bare skin. The literal definition of erotic dancing.

All performed by underaged girls and boys. How do you allow this, if you're serious about keeping kids from seeing "erotic dances"?

[youtube]

This would be 1000% illegal in the States that pass these laws you're selling us is about "dancing erotically" IF they were cross dressers. But they're not, so your crew doesn't care.

Short, skin tight clothes that would NEVER be allowed in my parent's day. Lots of bare skin. TONS of makeup. The literal definition of erotic dancing.

All performed by underaged girls. How do you allow this, if you're serious about keeping kids from seeing "erotic dances"?

:roll: If we have to explain your epic logic fail on your comparison, I am going with "what is arguing for the sake of arguing" for $100 Alex.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:15 pm
:roll: If we have to explain your epic logic fail on your comparison, I am going with "what is arguing for the sake of arguing" for $100 Alex.
Make your case. If these Cheerleaders aren't about sex? What the heck are the girls doing wearing practically no clothes?

The fact is: you don't care that these girls are wearing skirts that would flunk dress codes at most School Districts. Where I went to school in Colorado, the current code for girls skirts is that they hit mid-thigh. You see any skirts in this YouTube link that passes that?

But sure, you're worried about sexualizing kids.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:53 pm

:roll: sigh.
"Christian" fanatics are mass murderers, terrorists, too.
Including in our 'modern' era, both in war torn areas, and in the relatively peaceful and civilized West.

And yup, asymmetric warfare, whether in the name of religion or not, seems terribly fanatical to those insulated from oppression.

But you were citing history...do some more homework.

Note, I am not, I hope it is is obvious, in any way condoning fanaticism or terrorism nor oppression.

For instance, I'm not condoning the Inquisition, nor Russian Orthodox purges, nor Lutheran-German support of the Holocaust.

Whether these brutalities are committed by those in power, or by those fighting against those in power, great evil has been done in the name of Christ, Yahweh, and Mohammed.
Isn’t it almost 1:1 correlated between abortion clinic bombings and Christian/Catholic extremists who believe themselves to be righteous?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “POLITICS”