Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:03 pmSeriously, what on earth are you talking about?
His posts tend to wander off a lot like an Orange Duce speech lately, don't they?

Sorry about that Dis. I was having nightmares of you being cloned and the battalions of little Dis people being sent into the schools to teach the young uns about CRT. :o
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

No one is now or has ever taught "young uns" about CRT in school. Nor will anyone do so in the future. It is a totally engineered, BS, fear mongering propagated by morons on the right. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:19 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:34 pm You have to be persistently and studiously dense to not understand this. Relying on a powwow of Moms seems short sighted. Maybe the kids in her college class did a little contemporary reading. Sad.
It too bad the kids never read anything about organic chemistry. Must have been too preoccupied with that "contemporary reading" maybe that explains why 2/3 rds of the class flunked out or withdrew. :roll: You underestimate the power of mother's all over this country. Especially when it comes to what they believe is in their kids best interest. What they are learning in school is very important to them. Sort of like in some school districts they are enlightening school kids to the art of masturbation. They are not really "teaching" that either. :roll:
Seriously, what on earth are you talking about?
https://www.ibtimes.com/nyc-school-teac ... rt-3213068

My bad it was only 1 private school in NYC. The power of those "angry parents" It was all a big mistake because the parents simply misunderstood what the kids were learning. There are similar stories of this stuff starting to show up in certain school districts in California. Sex education is fine, but not for 1st graders. That is what I was talking about. The story even popped up on our local TV news in the morning. There is nothing like having your morning coffee and then this pops up.
Dalton give you your money back? You should try Trevor Day School.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Carroll81 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:59 am
DMac wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:49 pm That's not quite what Maher said, he said we've come a long way, baby.
What there do you disagree with?
I don't disagree with any of it.
Pretty darn good monologue.

Bill loves to exaggerate for effect, but certainly a ton of truth.

He's quite explicitly saying we've come a long way, but he's also saying that doesn't mean 'mission accomplished'...the only nit I had is the sense that "racism isn't in my home"...the unwillingness to recognize that even the most reasonable and thoughtful on this sort of thing inevitably have some biases, (much less those far less conscious) but that's a very small nit...I think I know what he means by that statement...he feels that he's actively not racist, dare I say "anti-racist" in his own home, as most of his audience likely is in theirs...doesn't mean zero biases, just an effort to deal with them.

I dunno whether the Kevin Hart quote was taken out of context, but it was clearly absurd...on the other hand, it's also fair for progressives to say that the backlash against further progress has greatly heightened and become much more open and mainstream in the last small handful of years. Not by comparison to 50 years ago, but in comparison to much of the past two decades...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:22 am No one is now or has ever taught "young uns" about CRT in school. Nor will anyone do so in the future. It is a totally engineered, BS, fear mongering propagated by morons on the right. :roll:
Not so sure those who have engineered this are morons. I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

They knew their audience for such are "morons", meaning immensely gullible to gaslighting.

But the propagators (as opposed to engineers) do include many such "morons"...and power/money seekers.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Maher's been on a roll lately, I think he's been pretty darn good and spot on with most things.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:40 am Maher's been on a roll lately, I think he's been pretty darn good and spot on with most things.
... and as far as I know, it has not negatively impacted his ratings. His liberal audience is not reacting badly to these "brakes on" monologues. His audience is ahead of him in my opinion.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:19 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:34 pm You have to be persistently and studiously dense to not understand this. Relying on a powwow of Moms seems short sighted. Maybe the kids in her college class did a little contemporary reading. Sad.
It too bad the kids never read anything about organic chemistry. Must have been too preoccupied with that "contemporary reading" maybe that explains why 2/3 rds of the class flunked out or withdrew. :roll: You underestimate the power of mother's all over this country. Especially when it comes to what they believe is in their kids best interest. What they are learning in school is very important to them. Sort of like in some school districts they are enlightening school kids to the art of masturbation. They are not really "teaching" that either. :roll:
Seriously, what on earth are you talking about?
https://www.ibtimes.com/nyc-school-teac ... rt-3213068

My bad it was only 1 private school in NYC. The power of those "angry parents" It was all a big mistake because the parents simply misunderstood what the kids were learning. There are similar stories of this stuff starting to show up in certain school districts in California. Sex education is fine, but not for 1st graders. That is what I was talking about. The story even popped up on our local TV news in the morning. There is nothing like having your morning coffee and then this pops up.
Dalton give you your money back? You should try Trevor Day School.
Mr TLD never fails with his irreverent sense of humor. :D
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:19 am https://www.ibtimes.com/nyc-school-teac ... rt-3213068

Dalton has an uncanny knack for making headlines for this kind of stuff...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:39 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:22 am No one is now or has ever taught "young uns" about CRT in school. Nor will anyone do so in the future. It is a totally engineered, BS, fear mongering propagated by morons on the right. :roll:
Not so sure those who have engineered this are morons. I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

They knew their audience for such are "morons", meaning immensely gullible to gaslighting.

But the propagators (as opposed to engineers) do include many such "morons"...and power/money seekers.
So let me try this again. In the pinheaded world of tightly wound FLP folks CRT is a way of informing young skulls full of mush about the racial inequities that have existed since the revolution. You could call it a tune up for American history. If you don't teach it to young skulls full of mush how would they learn. They are going to slog their way through HS with the same knowledge of American history all the rest of us learned. CRT has an important message to put forward that none of these school kids will ever know. It will never be taught, what a shame
😭
ggait

Post by ggait »

8% of USA high school seniors identify slavery as a main cause of the Civil War.

The teaching of American history totally forking sucks. But it has nothing to do with CRT.

In fact, it proves convincingly why the perspective of CRT is valid and needed.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:28 am 8% of USA high school seniors identify slavery as a main cause of the Civil War.

The teaching of American history totally forking sucks. But it has nothing to do with CRT.

Teachers teach to a test, therefore students only study for the test, therefore after the test their focus is on the next test. Then teachers/schools are evaluated on test scores.

Groups like the NEA are ruining our kids....much like the stupid common core BS.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:50 amSo let me try this again. In the pinheaded world of tightly wound FLP folks CRT is a way of informing young skulls full of mush about the racial inequities that have existed since the revolution. You could call it a tune up for American history. If you don't teach it to young skulls full of mush how would they learn. They are going to slog their way through HS with the same knowledge of American history all the rest of us learned. CRT has an important message to put forward that none of these school kids will ever know. It will never be taught, what a shame😭
Ignorance is bliss, right?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:50 amSo let me try this again. In the pinheaded world of tightly wound FLP folks CRT is a way of informing young skulls full of mush about the racial inequities that have existed since the revolution. You could call it a tune up for American history. If you don't teach it to young skulls full of mush how would they learn. They are going to slog their way through HS with the same knowledge of American history all the rest of us learned. CRT has an important message to put forward that none of these school kids will ever know. It will never be taught, what a shame😭
Ignorance is bliss, right?

Yeah, he has almost everything here wrong. It's frankly become strange.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:35 am
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:28 am 8% of USA high school seniors identify slavery as a main cause of the Civil War.

Teachers teach to a test, therefore students only study for the test, therefore after the test their focus is on the next test. Then teachers/schools are evaluated on test scores.

Groups like the NEA are ruining our kids....much like the stupid common core BS.
I dunno...are you saying that kids simply forget that the conflict over slavery was the root cause of the Civil War...or are you saying the 'test' required a different answer?

Or is there no question at all on the test?

Can you imagine an American History classroom where teachers are forbidden to even discuss slavery? Apparently that's what these whack jobs want...can't offend white people after all...too divisive...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:39 am

So let me try this again. In the pinheaded world of tightly wound FLP folks CRT is a way of informing young skulls full of mush about the racial inequities that have existed since the revolution. You could call it a tune up for American history. If you don't teach it to young skulls full of mush how would they learn. They are going to slog their way through HS with the same knowledge of American history all the rest of us learned. CRT has an important message to put forward that none of these school kids will ever know. It will never be taught, what a shame
😭
Huh?

CRT has zippo to do with elementary school kids...nothing, da nada, zippo...

Talking about race and diversity and inclusion, at any level, is not CRT.
It's a very specific theory and framework for legal analysis. Not the same.

Of course, as one of those gullible "morons" maybe you think you know better?
Seriously, where do you get this nonsense?
Your daughter-in-law who hasn't even had her kid in school yet???
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... that # surprises me. Love to know the other answers they give.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:43 pm

... did a quick google and found teaching materials used in American History classes. The list of causes is long, most of them are related to slavery, but each a different angle. For example, "the Missouri compromise" is a cause; the difference between the northern and southern economies is a cause. But nowhere that I found does it just come out and say slavery. Lots of tree identification while missing the woods.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:01 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:43 pm

... did a quick google and found teaching materials used in American History classes. The list of causes is long, most of them are related to slavery, but each a different angle. For example, "the Missouri compromise" is a cause; the difference between the northern and southern economies is a cause. But nowhere that I found does it just come out and say slavery. Lots of tree identification while missing the woods.
https://academic.oup.com/jah/article/99/2/415/860501
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

The propaganda and gas lighting has really been a staple of the right.

C&S and his DIL clearly are examples of how effective the decades-long state sponsored brain washing has been.

The complaints about CRT are 100% projection.

SMITHSONIANMAG.COM
NOVEMBER 19, 2018

Texas Will Finally Teach That Slavery Was Main Cause of the Civil War
Slavery has been upgraded to the primary cause in the curriculum, however states’ rights and sectionalism will still be taught as “contributing factors”

Last week, the Texas Board of Education voted to make a change to the state’s social studies standards that no serious historian would quibble with, but is, nevertheless, controversial in the Lone Star State: to teach that slavery was the central issue of the American Civil War, and not, as previous standards had dictated, a cause eclipsed by states’ rights and sectionalism. Camille Phillips at NPR reports the change is one of several to the curriculum that will be implemented in the 2019-2020 school year.

Standards previously adopted in 2010 were designed to play up the role of states’ rights and sectionalism and downplay slavery as the reason Texas entered the Civil War on the side of the Confederacy. Slavery, one board member said at the time, according to The Washington Post, was a “side issue.”

Ron Francis, a high school history teacher in Highland Park, calls the compromise wanting. “The lies they’re telling are a little smaller than the lies they used to tell,” as he puts it to Kathyrn Lundstrom at The Texas Tribune.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”