The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:42 am Liberal educators? It was a Department of Health survey. :lol: (they did mess up if they actually forgot to inform the parents)

Alexa, why do red states have the highest teen pregnancy rates?

How about educators simply NOT asking 12 year old kids if they’ve had sex, and instead parents handle those discussions with their kids?

Is this really that confusing to you?

Why do libs fight the dumbest battles possible?!?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:29 am How about educators simply NOT asking 12 year old kids if they’ve had sex, and instead parents handle those discussions with their kids?

You're the one fighting the fake battles and dying on this weird hill. The Department of Health is simply interested in the health of Americans. Is this really that confusing to you?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:42 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:29 am How about educators simply NOT asking 12 year old kids if they’ve had sex, and instead parents handle those discussions with their kids?

You're the one fighting the fake battles and dying on this weird hill. The Department of Health is simply interested in the health of Americans. Is this really that confusing to you?

It’s not confusing to me that if any school’s Marxist administrators asked any kid of mine a question about their sex life, they’d have themselves a good old, fire from hose, no limit, most powerful state law firms southern lawsuit, and a really truly awful public relations isha (“issue”, for you northerners).

But no school I’m affiliated with would do that, so no worry for me personally. I do feel bad for other parents.

Just got to keep beating down Marxist pop ups like whack a mole.
NattyBohChamps04

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:48 am
But no school I’m affiliated with would do that, so no worry for me personally. I do feel bad for other parents.
https://gatorwell.ufsa.ufl.edu/health-data/

http://www.floridahealth.gov/statistics ... index.html

LMFAO :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:52 am

Not that it will help you keep a conversation elevated, but we were discussing kids well below college, like 12 year olds…. :roll:
NattyBohChamps04

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:59 am

Not that it will help you keep a conversation elevated, but we were discussing kids well below college, like 12 year olds…. :roll:
You must have missed the part where they were asking young teens (13, possibly 12) in Florida about their sex lives. :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:14 pm

You must have missed the part where they were asking young teens (13, possibly 12) in Florida about their sex lives. :roll:

Facts seem to constantly elude floridians when it comes to sex and minors.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

David Brooks in the Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/18/opin ... -bill.html

"Joe Biden came to the White House at a pivotal moment in American history. We had become a country dividing into two nations, one highly educated and affluent and the other left behind. The economic gaps further inflamed cultural and social gaps, creating an atmosphere of intense polarization, cultural hostility, alienation, bitterness and resentment.

As president, Biden had mostly economic levers to try to bridge this cold civil war. He championed three gigantic pieces of legislation to create a more equal, more just and more united society: the Covid stimulus bill, the infrastructure bill and what became Build Back Better, to invest in human infrastructure.

All of these bills were written to funnel money to the parts of the country that were less educated, less affluent, left behind. Adam Hersh, a visiting economist at the Economic Policy Institute, projects that more than 80 percent of the new jobs created by the infrastructure plan will not require a college degree.

These gigantic proposals were bold endeavors. Some thought them too bold. Economist Larry Summers thought the stimulus package, for example, was too big. It could overstimulate the economy and lead to inflation.

Larry is one of the most intelligent people I’ve ever known and someone I really admire. If I were an economist, I might have agreed with him. But I’m a journalist with a sociological bent. For over a decade I have been covering a country that was economically, socially and morally coming apart. I figured one way to reverse that was to turbocharge the economy and create white-hot labor markets that would lift wages at the bottom. If inflation was a byproduct, so be it. The trade-off is worth it to prevent a national rupture.

The Biden $1.9 trillion stimulus package passed and has been tremendously successful. It heated the overall economy. The Conference Board projects that real G.D.P. growth will be about 5 percent this quarter. The unemployment rate is falling. Retail sales are surging. About two-thirds of Americans feel their household’s financial situation is good.

But the best part is that the benefits are flowing to those down the educational and income ladder. In just the first month of payments, the expanded Child Tax Credit piece of the stimulus bill kept three million American children out of poverty. Pay for hourly workers in the leisure and hospitality sector jumped 13 percent in August compared with the previous year. By June, there were more nonfarm job openings than there had been at any time in American history. Workers have tremendous power these days.

The infrastructure bill Biden just signed will boost American productivity for years to come. As Ellen Zentner of Morgan Stanley told The Economist recently, it’s a rule of thumb that an extra $100 billion in annual infrastructure spending could increase growth by roughly a tenth of a percentage point — which is significant in an economy the size of ours. Federal infrastructure spending will be almost as large a share of annual GDP as the average level during Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal.

But Summers was right. The stimulus — along with all the supply chain and labor shortage disruptions that are inevitable when coming out of a pandemic — has boosted inflation. In addition, Americans are exhausted by a pandemic that seems to never end.

And they are taking it out on Democrats. A recent ABC News/Washington Post poll revealed that voters now prefer Republican congressional candidates in their own districts by 51 percent to 41 percent. That’s the largest G.O.P. lead since this poll started asking the question, 40 years ago.

If presidencies were judged by short-term popularity, the Biden effort would look pretty bad. But that’s a terrible measure. First-term presidents almost always see their party get hammered in the midterm after their inauguration. That’s especially true if the president achieved big things. Michigan State political scientist Matt Grossmann looked at House popular vote trends since 1953. Often when presidents succeeded in passing major legislation — Republicans as well as Democrats — voters swung against the president’s party. Look, just to take a recent example, at how Obamacare preceded a Democratic shellacking in 2010. People distrust change. Success mobilizes opposition. It’s often only in retrospect that these policies become popular and even sacred.

Presidents are judged by history, not the distraction and exhaustion of the moment. Did the person in the Oval Office address the core problem of the moment? The Biden administration passes that test. Sure, there have been failures — the shameful Afghanistan withdrawal, failing to renounce the excesses of the cultural left. But this administration will be judged by whether it reduced inequality, spread opportunity, created the material basis for greater national unity.

It is doing that.

My fear is not that Democrats lose the midterms — it will have totally been worth it. My fear is that Democrats in Congress will make fantastic policies like the expanded Child Tax Credit temporary to make budget numbers look good. If they do that the coming Republican majorities will simply let these policies expire.

If that happens then all this will have been in vain. The Democrats will have squandered what has truly been a set of historic accomplishments. Voters may judge Democrats harshly next November, but if they act with strength history will judge them well."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Hey, we all survived Kamala being acting President while Uncle Joe was sedated for a routine colonoscopy today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:35 pm Hey, we all survived Kamala being acting President while Uncle Joe was sedated for a routine colonoscopy today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the time Kamala was acting POTUS, I feel like we all got a colonoscopy.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:36 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:35 pm Hey, we all survived Kamala being acting President while Uncle Joe was sedated for a routine colonoscopy today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the time Kamala was acting POTUS, I feel like we all got a colonoscopy.
Very good, Petey
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:26 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Facts seem to constantly elude floridians when it comes to sex and minors.
The only fact is that it’s open season! A total “greenfield” all over the swampland.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Biden and Harris admin gaslight Tesla: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/el ... np1taskbar
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:53 am Biden and Harris admin gaslight Tesla: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/el ... np1taskbar
There's a whole showdown between the two sides. I'd prefer the white house stay out of petty stuff like this. Musk may be brilliant, but he's a dishonest huckster as well. And petty and small in many ways.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Here’s Why All The Inflation Fearmongering Over The Reconciliation Bill Is Nonsense

While there are multiple valid theories about why this current inflation spike is surprisingly high and when it will subside, economists told TPM that there is overwhelming consensus that the reconciliation package WILL NOT cause inflation.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Interesting take on why the sky may not fall post Roe

This pending ruling might actually deescalate our national polarization??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Biden’s Beijing Olympics Boycott Is a Good Start. What Happens Next Is Even More Important.
More unusually, the United States demonstrated a willingness to act alone. Only Australia has joined Biden in calling for a diplomatic boycott so far, though the European Parliament in July passed a nonbinding resolution endorsing a boycott, citing China’s brutal treatment of the Uyghur population.

Few people have spent more time calling attention to China’s cultural genocide of Uyghurs—who have endured surveillance, internment in labor camps, and even forced sterilization—than Sophie Richardson, Human Rights Watch’s China director. Following the announcement of the boycott, Richardson called it a “crucial step” on Twitter, but added that the Biden administration should “redouble efforts with like-minded governments” to find justice for survivors of Beijing’s repression.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It's time to CODIFY CHANGES to the CITZEN'S UNITED MINDSET!

It's long past time for Democrats to stand up to the Supreme Court
The majority of Americans... want their drug prices to be reasonable like they are in Canada or Europe: The reason we pay as much as 10 times more than citizens of those countries is because the Supreme Court made it legal for the big drug companies and their lobbying groups to bribe our federal politicians.

The same is true for a wide variety of issues where federal law is wildly at odds with what the public wants fixed:

- almost $2 trillion in student loan debt
- strengthening Social Security and Medicare
- banker bailouts
- health insurance ripoffs
- billions in subsidies to the fossil fuel industry
- billionaires paying 1% to 3% in income taxes (and corporations paying nothing) while average folks get soaked
- 60,000+ factories moved offshore (along with tens of millions of good-paying jobs)
- employers like Amazon and Kellogg's engaging in blatant union-busting
- internet companies tracking your every move and every keystroke, and selling that information without your permission
- climate change

Every single one of these problems continue to exist in the face of overwhelming public disapproval because one or another industry or group of right-wing billionaires has been empowered by the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision to bribe politicians.

Americans watch with their jaws on the floor as Sen. Kyrsten Sinema and the "corporate problem solvers" in the House take obscene piles of cash from Big Pharma and then refuse to vote to stop drug-price ripoffs.

There was a time in America when this was a crime called "bribery" and the overall process was called "political corruption."
The process is called "court-stripping" and it's time it got dusted off and used...

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

HCR. A good read, but unfortunately reality-based:

"Year-end accounts of the U.S. economy are very strong indeed. According to Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal—which are certainly not giddy media outlets—U.S. economic output has jumped more than 7% in the last three months of 2021. Overall growth for 2021 should be about 6%, and economists predict growth of around 4% in 2022—the highest numbers the U.S. has seen in decades. China’s growth in the same period will be 4%, and the eurozone (which is made up of the member countries of the European Union that use the euro) will grow at 2%.

The U.S. is “outperforming the world by the biggest margin in the 21st century,” wrote Matthew A. Winkler in Bloomberg, “and with good reason: America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden’s first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years….”

In February, Biden’s first month in office, the jobless rate was 6.2%; today it has dropped to 4.2%. This means the Biden administration has created 4.1 million jobs, more than were created in the 12 years of the Trump and George W. Bush administrations combined. Wages in America are growing at about 4% a year, compared with less than 1% a year in the eurozone, as worker shortages and strikes at places like Deere & Co. (which makes John Deere products) and Kellogg’s are pushing wages up and as states increase minimum wages.

The American Rescue Plan, passed by Democrats in March without a single Republican vote, cut child poverty in half by putting $66 billion into 36 million households. More than 4.6 million Americans who were not previously insured have gotten healthcare coverage through the Affordable Care Act, bringing the total covered to a record 13.6 million. When Biden took office, about 46% of schools were open; currently the rate is 99%. In November, Congress passed a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that will repair bridges and roads and get broadband to places that still don’t have it.

Support for consumers has bolstered U.S. companies, which are showing profit margins higher than they have been since 1950, at 15%. Companies have reduced their debt, which has translated to a strong stock market.

The American economy is the strongest it’s been in decades, with the U.S. leading the world in economic growth…so why on earth do 54% of Americans disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy (according to a CNN/SSRS poll released yesterday)?

That disapproval comes partly from inflation, which in November was at 6.8%, the highest in 39 years, but inflation is high around the world as we adjust to post-pandemic reopening. Gas prices, which created an outcry a few weeks ago, have come down significantly. Patrick De Haan, an oil and refined products analyst at GasBuddy, an app to find cheap gas prices, tweeted today that average gas prices have fallen under $3 a gallon in 12 states and that in 36 U.S. cities, prices have fallen by more than $0.25 a gallon in the past 30 days. Falling prices reflect skyrocketing gasoline inventories.

Respondents also said they were upset by disruptions in the supply chain. But in fact, the much-hyped fear that supply chain crunches would keep packages from being delivered on time for the holidays has proved to be misguided: 99% of packages are arriving on time. This is a significant improvement over 2020, and even over 2019. It reflects that companies have built more warehouse space and expanded delivery hours, that people have shopped early this year, and that buyers are venturing back into stores rather than relying on online shopping.

What it does not reflect is a weakened retail market. Major ports in the U.S. will process almost one-fifth more containers in terms of volume than they did in 2019. Container traffic at European ports has stayed flat or declined. Consumer goods are flying off the shelves at a rate about 45% higher than they did in 2018: it looks like Americans will spend about 11.5% more in this holiday season than they did in 2020. Indeed, according to Tom Fairless in the Wall Street Journal, American consumer demand was the key factor in the global supply chain bottlenecks in the first place.

And yet 63% of the poll’s respondents to the CNN/SSRS poll said that the nation's economy is in poor shape. And here’s why: 57% of them say that the economic news they've heard lately has been mostly bad. Only 19% say they are hearing mostly good news about the economy.

How people think about the country depends on the stories they hear about it.

Those maintaining the Big Lie that Trump won the 2020 election know that principle very well.

Yesterday, former national security advisor Michael Flynn filed a request for a restraining order against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and a temporary injunction against a subpoena from the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Today, U.S. District Judge Mary Scriven of Tampa denied Flynn’s request, noting that his lawyers had not followed correct procedure. On Twitter today, legal analyst Teri Kanefield pointed out that, like so many others launched by Trump loyalists, Flynn’s lawsuit was not an actual legal argument but part of the false narrative that Trump and his loyalists are being persecuted by Democrats, led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who stole the election.

That was the strategy behind the sixty or more lawsuits over the election—Trump won only a single minor one—and behind the continuing demands of Trump loyalists to relitigate the 2020 election. They have produced no evidence of the rampant fraud they allege, but the constant demand that election officials defend the results sows increasing distrust of our democratic system.

Douglas Frank, an associate of Trump loyalist and MyPillow founder Mike Lindell, has pressed claims across the country and told the staff of Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose, a Republican, that he was launching lawsuits across the country and that LaRose’s office had better cooperate.

“I’m warning you that I’ve been going around the country. We’re starting lawsuits everywhere,” Frank said, according to a recording reported on by the Washington Post’s Amy Gardner, Emma Brown, and Josh Dawsey. “And I want you guys to be allies, not opponents. I want to be on your team, and I’m warning you.” Frank has called for “firing squads” for anyone found guilty of “treason,” by turning “a blind eye to the massive election fraud that took place in 2020.”

And yet, we continue to learn about the reality of the effort to overturn the election. Today the January 6 committee asked Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH) to provide information about his conversations with Trump on January 6—a topic that has made Jordan noticeably uncomfortable whenever it comes up—as well as any other discussions the two men had about overturning the election results, and whether Trump talked about offering pardons to those involved in the insurrection. In October, Jordan said he would be happy to talk to the committee.

Also today, Proud Boy Matthew Greene pleaded guilty to conspiring with others to obstruct law enforcement on January 6 and has agreed to cooperate with law enforcement. His guilty plea and testimony that he helped to program handheld radios for the Proud Boys on January 5 establishes that there was a shared plan and preparation to attack the Capitol.

There are signs that some Republicans might want to get out from under whatever might be coming. Representative Tom Rice (R-SC) today said he regrets voting against counting the electoral votes of two states that voted for Biden, although he continued to say there were problems with the election. “In retrospect I should have voted to certify,” Rice told Olivia Beavers of Politico. “Because President Trump was responsible for the attack on the Capitol.”

And in a new interview, quite casually, when talking about his border wall rather than about the election itself, Trump himself undercut the Big Lie altogether: “We built almost five hundred miles of wall,” he said, “and had we won the election it would…be completed by now.”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Return to “POLITICS”