All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:05 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:50 pm Our power struck Governor just shut down all state universities.

After basically declaring Marshall Law in New Rochelle.

I guess the students weren't ever at risk already for the flu. Drug overdoses. Suicide. LIFE.

Wreck the economy and everyones lives Andrew. And Not a single case in the state university system.
Man, you really need to read more.
There it is—the "Your so uninformed gambit."
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU88 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:51 pm If only Europe had known about Tax Cuts during the Black Death era of the bubonic plague...
If only Europe had known about fleas and bacteria......
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:49 pm The NCAA announced that March Madness will be held without fans in the stands.

I just got word of this from watching tonight's Dallas Mavericks game. Earlier this evening I was about to attend my weekly girls volleyball double header but it was cancelled - did watch a scrimmage, though. No word on when or if the rest of the season will be played.

Wow - just got word that the Jazz-Thunder game was postponed due to illness and the fear of virus contamination. Saw a clip of the events at that game and it looked scary.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:38 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:50 pm Our power struck Governor just shut down all state universities.

I guess the students weren't ever at risk already for the flu. Drug overdoses. Suicide. LIFE.

Wreck the economy and everyones lives Andrew. And Not a single case in the state university system.
“You’re.”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:46 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:38 pm

“You’re.”
too cute by half. The other popular gambits find a misspelling or grammatical error as a way to stay superior.

"You're full of sh*t Don't be an azzhole. I don't work for you"—I'm Joe Biden I approve this message.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Report coming out of the House of Representatives that the CDC diagnostic test kits have problems in the field. Kits are sometimes incomplete (not infrequently), missing components. The people who are in the testing trust chain are not always capable of running the tests.

So the recent manufacturing push was clearly a rush job with no quality control. :roll: "We are delivering a zillion test kits on Friday" Right!

Not clear, but sounds like some of the contractors, and perhaps even state DOH labs don't have the required competence. If I had to bet, I would bet it is a training issue with the recently engaged for profit testing labs. A proposed solution is to outsource the work to clinical labs in university departments.

This is just one more f**k up that is costing time, and ultimately will cost lives.

But don't worry - this is just a hoax. Everything is fine.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:54 pm Report coming out of the House of Representatives that the CDC diagnostic test kits have problems in the field. Kits are sometimes incomplete (not infrequently), missing components. The people who are in the testing trust chain are not always capable of running the tests.

So the recent manufacturing push was clearly a rush job with no quality control. :roll: "We are delivering a zillion test kits on Friday" Right!

Not clear, but sounds like some of the contractors, and perhaps even state DOH labs don't have the required competence. If I had to bet, I would bet it is a training issue with the recently engaged for profit testing labs. A proposed solution is to outsource the work to clinical labs in university departments.

This is just one more f**k up that is costing time, and ultimately will cost lives.

Of course trump trained all of these people. The CDC didn't exist until Trump came into office right.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:54 pm Report coming out of the House of Representatives that the CDC diagnostic test kits have problems in the field. Kits are sometimes incomplete (not infrequently), missing components. The people who are in the testing trust chain are not always capable of running the tests.

The original tests had a 30% false positive. Had to be because Trump was President. Had to be.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Of course trump trained all of these people. The CDC didn't exist until Trump came into office right.
Thanks. I didn't know that. It would explain a lot!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

- Trump's travel ban to / from Europe is a joke. With the exception of Italy, all the other European countries are doing better than we are -- significantly better. More testing, fewer deaths. This is nothing but politics. Why not Japan, the Middle East, etc. But the UK is fine. Yeah, this is clearly a solution that is driven by good solid science. :lol:
- So how do our board Trumpnista now spin this as being a hoax? Dear Leader is acting like it is a real pandemic, even while lying about our preparedness.

That was a waste of 5 minutes.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Your thank you is premature. Trump eliminated the team that was developed to deal with epidemics so the institutional knowledge is gone. Trump appointed the administrators at the top . None of the direct reports are qualified to run the department and the non qualified prevented the CDC from warning seniors about traveling because it wasn’t on his message. He has been wrong since this thing started putting his re-election in front of American lives.
a fan

Post by a fan »

They better start building equipment and facilities that can handle respiratory complications TODAY as if we're at war.

If they don't?

Trump doesn't comprehend what's happening. If this is anything like Italy? We're F'ed. We have to hope that it isn't. And that's not exactly a plan.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

NBA to suspend the season.

Two players have tested positive for the virus. Stay tuned ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Can we start 25th amendment activity tomorrow?

What an azzhat.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:50 pm Can we start 25th amendment activity tomorrow?

What an azzhat.
He was duly elected
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for the coronavirus. Evidently they are doing OK at this point.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/tom-hanks- ... 202880431/
CU77

Post by CU77 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:50 pmCan we start 25th amendment activity tomorrow?
No. 42% of the country, 95% of all Republicans, and 100% of Republicans in Congress (and on the Supreme Court), fully support Trump, no matter what.

They will follow him over the cliff, and take the rest of us with them.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:58 pm Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for the coronavirus. Evidently they are doing OK at this point.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/tom-hanks- ... 202880431/
Let’s hope they’re not this virus’ Rock Hudson.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don’t want to forget Trump is still proposing to cut the CDC budget
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

A department at JHU (unfortunately I can’t find the link to the original story to give proper credit) has created this interactive worldwide map showing total, active, recovered, and deceased cases. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6

Return to “POLITICS”