Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxbro11

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by laxbro11 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 am Thanks all for updates. I had a friend there who was feeding me updates. Here is a quick rundown from him in no specific order:

VERY impressed with Kamish the freshman.

VERY impressed with Bailey Savio (echoing comments above); perhaps having some competition on the bench has elevated him even more? Said he was upagainst a big guy from NOva.

VERY impressed with Omstead. Looks like team low offense might revolve around him somewhat this year, with Lindley finding seams like he has for the past two years. Said Lindley was open all day on cuts.

Somewhat disagreeing with above assessment of defense, said our defense played great and he can see where they will shine.

Loved the kid Poitras.

Agreed with all others saying middies need some more gel time.

He had 17-11 final if that sounds right.

Charlie has a team this year...let's keep it quiet as we sneak up on some folks...
My assessment of the D was the third quarter, they were dismal... over all i would give them an A

Middies, IMO Swindell, Seay, Bateman, James, Cain, all did a good job creating, Poitras to some extent, needs to get stronger, but not afraid to go to the cage. Others not so good, turn overs and mental mistakes.

Attack, it was the lindley and olmstead show... the question is who is the third Attack Raba looked good, Pridemore, looked out of shape and slow.

Shafer did well in goal... it is his to lose
loyolapride2015

Post by loyolapride2015 »

I was really impressed with Shafer and close Defense. Really big athletic kids with very good stick skills. They struggled with quick ball movement and backside looks at times but their on ball defense is very good. I would have to say it would be between Raba and Kamish for playing time. Pridemore can’t carry the ball on poles, and is much more of off ball player. I was really impressed with all of Loyola‘s defense of mids. It really seems like a really athletic group they could handle and run in transition. Once you get McNulty and the SSDM’s running I think the offense can put up big numbers they put up this season.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... hine/55443

Putting this out there. Even coverage for both teams therefore not enough for either team :lol:

I don't know how he missed Raba. I thought he played well (after I figured out it wasn't McCarthy.) Got me to thinking - McNulty, Johnson and Middleton all return as LSMs. The only returning starter on Close D was Cam Wyers; 3 new faces there - Shaffer, Leblanc and Hughes.

You know what you get with Lindley and Olmstead - an outstanding duo.

Other thoughts??

NOVA FOGO Did a good job in the 3rd.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

just got two commits for the class of 2021. two 4 stars midfielders

Matt Dixon from Loyola Blakefield

Ryan McGorry from St. Josephs Collegiate Institute.

Any analysis on these two so far?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Believe that Matt Dixon is JHU Alum Mark Dixon son
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:52 am just got two commits for the class of 2021. two 4 stars midfielders

Matt Dixon from Loyola Blakefield

Ryan McGorry from St. Josephs Collegiate Institute.

Any analysis on these two so far?
I haven’t seen Dixon, but I’ve seen McGorry sparingly. He’s a bigger righty midfielder (6’3) or so who’s still pretty raw but has potential to be a solid contributor (especially with our coaching staff). I believe he also visited Syracuse according to the Sweetlax page.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

Did Nova play Will Vitton (Big East, second team last season), their starting goalie from last season?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:36 am Believe that Matt Dixon is JHU Alum Mark Dixon son
Quick, smaller, shifty and athletic middie that needs little room for shots. Has a nice, quick release. Not a huge kid, but athletic and should be one of the better players for the Dons this spring as a JR. Can play from up top or behind so there's some versatility there.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Just picked up two more recruits. idk what the heck Toomey is doing to get these kids but its working wow.

Patrick Yowan 4 star Goalie, played for Darien HS and Choate Rosemary Hall HS

Diego Roman LSM. Scored an 88 overall in the 2021 class and is a 4 star recruit. Played for Cardinal Gibbons HS.

Any word on these two?

Loyola now has four 4 star junior commits. Impressive in my book at this stage of recruiting for a PL school
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

houndace1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:44 pm Just picked up two more recruits. idk what the heck Toomey is doing to get these kids but its working wow.

Diego Roman LSM. Scored an 88 overall in the 2021 class and is a 4 star recruit. Played for Cardinal Gibbons HS.

Any word on these two?

Loyola now has four 4 star junior commits. Impressive in my book at this stage of recruiting for a PL school
Wow, so does everyone else
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

This is good.
Should be an even playing field now, right?
No more excuses out of the Lehigh, Bucknell and BU fans about how unfair life is recruiting against Loyola, Army and Navy.

:lol:
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

There is going to be a a really interesting matchup within the Virginia Loyola game this Spring. Strength vs strength. Savio and Mcnulty vs Lasalla and Conners should be a great battle of face-off units. Both should be amongst the nation's best.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

blue angels wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:23 am There is going to be a a really interesting matchup within the Virginia Loyola game this Spring. Strength vs strength. Savio and Mcnulty vs Lasalla and Conners should be a great battle of face-off units. Both should be amongst the nation's best.

Yup.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Lenwood117 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:04 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:44 pm Just picked up two more recruits. idk what the heck Toomey is doing to get these kids but its working wow.

Any word on these two?

Reaaalllly don’t see why you gotta attempt to knock a peg out of a person who’s passionate about their alma masters program, who they recruit, on field results, and any articles that discusses the team

Yes schools get recruits this time of year, many even get better recruits than what loyola gets. But at least I have pride in my school and is not afraid to show it in this thread.

But you do you my guy
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

houndace1 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 am

Any word on these two?

Reaaalllly don’t see why you gotta attempt to knock a peg out of a person who’s passionate about their alma masters program, who they recruit, on field results, and any articles that discusses the team

Yes schools get recruits this time of year, many even get better recruits than what loyola gets. But at least I have pride in my school and is not afraid to show it in this thread.

But you do you my guy
Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lenwood117 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:09 pm
houndace1 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 am

Any word on these two?

But you do you my guy
Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.
-Salvador Dali
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pat Spencer is Good at Basketball. (This is a fun watch.)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Another beauty by the lady hound footballers!

https://twitter.com/loyolawsoc/status/1 ... 22176?s=21

:shock: :o :shock: :o
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

RE: Matt Kinnear of the IL podcast a couple weeks ago when speaking to Coach Toomey:

"He had a bit of a smirk when i spoke to him after the USA Fall Classic.... "We''re gonna be ok. Aidan Olmstead is really really good""

Kinnear also noted that the team can cause upset against teams like Duke, UVA through their senior heavy defense this year.

Pointed out that though the team has no true #1 defender, the IL staff sees as Mcnulty being one of the best LSM's in the country for this year. Possible All American status

Kamish reportedly was the 3rd attackmen with secondary ball handling skills to complement Olmstead
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No chance at a final four for this team.
Just ask the experts here at fanlax.

:lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”