Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:31 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:17 pm Rittenhouse lawyers share much more footage and their side of the story from Kenosha:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-tu ... uJA9_56KZE

With the waty this was reported, this may be a repeat of the Duke Lacrosse or Covington Catholic situation by the time it's all over.
A dirty DA didn’t help in the Duke case.

You realize the kids were innocent and that their accuser is/was a total lunatic who now rots in a prison for murder, right?

Whether Nifong was 'dirty' is completely irrelevant.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:34 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:17 pm Rittenhouse lawyers share much more footage and their side of the story from Kenosha:

With the waty this was reported, this may be a repeat of the Duke Lacrosse or Covington Catholic situation by the time it's all over.

You realize the kids were innocent and that their accuser is/was a total lunatic who now rots in a prison for murder, right?

Yes. I thought I said that didn’t help. I also mentioned a friend hired one of the wrongly accused.
🤡
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:34 pm

:lol: Riiiiight. Those Duke kids "prosecuted themselves", and Nifong had nothing to do with the matter.

Where do you come up with this stuff?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:22 pm

It is.

And the same yo-yo's who wanted the Duke 3 guilty and an entire UVA fraternity guilty, want Kyle to be guilty.
You're one of the yo-yo's Pete, and I find it hilarious that you don't understand that.

Who jumped to immediate conclusions about Rittenhouse based on videos you saw posted on the internet?

And who continues to do that based on a video from Tucker Carlson, completely ignoring the obvious fact that you're not seeing all the evidence in the case?

Pete. That's who. You're WORSE that the Duke Gang of 88-----because you think that jumping to conclusions is 100% ok... if it's to support what you perceive to be someone for your team....while at the same time, you're hilariously chastising others for doing the EXACT same thing you're doing.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The Louisville DA announcement was actually quite predictable. One officer charged for reckless endangerment, was a small surprise and to me looks like they needed to throw one of the officers under the bus to look like they were really being fair, having taken (justifiably) so much heat already. The civil settlement a couple weeks ago told you all you needed to know to predict this outcome.

Cameron's job was clearly PR. The actual useful information he provided was very little. Question remains about whether there really was a knock. Police witness is not a very good one. My bigger issue is how the two COPs fire 22 shots (I believe) hitting the woman who did nothing wrong 6 times, the shooter either once or nonce, COPs spraying bullets all over the apartment. This is not reckless endangerment? The COPs have changed their story a number of times over the months they have been screwing around. They continue to cover up. This is not primarily about racism, it is about COPs and city authorities covering up. Same old, same old. :roll:

If you are white and think this could not happen to you - you are wrong, very wrong!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:12 pm The Louisville DA announcement was actually quite predictable. One officer charged for reckless endangerment, was a small surprise and to me looks like they needed to throw one of the officers under the bus to look like they were really being fair, having taken (justifiably) so much heat already. The civil settlement a couple weeks ago told you all you needed to know to predict this outcome.

Cameron's job was clearly PR. The actual useful information he provided was very little. Question remains about whether there really was a knock. Police witness is not a very good one. My bigger issue is how the two COPs fire 22 shots (I believe) hitting the woman who did nothing wrong 6 times, the shooter either once or nonce, COPs spraying bullets all over the apartment. This is not reckless endangerment? The COPs have changed their story a number of times over the months they have been screwing around. They continue to cover up. This is not primarily about racism, it is about COPs and city authorities covering up. Same old, same old. :roll:

If you are white and think this could not happen to you - you are wrong, very wrong!
Probably not if you are a lily white elitist snob living in an exclusive compound in a ritzy and schwanky part of baltimore. The cops there probably shine your wing tips and leave them next to your milk box in the morning. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:12 pm The Louisville DA announcement was actually quite predictable. One officer charged for reckless endangerment, was a small surprise and to me looks like they needed to throw one of the officers under the bus to look like they were really being fair., having taken (justifiably) so much heat already. The civil settlement a couple weeks ago told you all you needed to know to predict this outcome.

If I'm not mistaken, it's pretty apparent that a knock occurred (boyfriend as well as other witnesses said so, boyfriend being particularly credible) but whether there was an announcement of who it was blasting in the door right after is not so sure. Boyfriend says he didn't hear them announce themselves, other witnesses, except one, didn't hear them...did the one witness hear what no one else did? possible.

It's a travesty, but I'm not sure whether the issue was as much these officers in specific as the entire process needing reform.

It sounds like that DA didn't ask the grand jury for a direct charge of causing the death of Taylor of any of the officers, and it looks incredibly bad that the DA failing to bring direct charges was the darling of the GOP Trump Convention and took all these months to bring us to this point.

So, the opposite of engendering trust.

However, the officers involved were not those who sought and obtained a shoddy no-knock warrant and thus were executing on what they thought was a legitimate action, then returned fire when one of them was shot. So, a difficult case to hang specifically on these officers, albeit their wildly shooting so many times was atrocious.

This goes back to systematic racism endemic in the policy set of how law enforcement and judicial system approaches such situations in the first place. No knock, forced entry warrants because of suspected drug trafficking? without even assurance that the person who may or may not be guilty of such is even there? Is this really necessary in situations where there is no imminent physical harm to a victim on premises or a terrorist threat?

Yes, this can happen to a white household, but let's take a look at where such warrants are issued, and how police approach those situations. Let's look at what we criminalize and how we can deescalate the violence of such.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:22 pm

It is.

And the same yo-yo's who wanted the Duke 3 guilty and an entire UVA fraternity guilty, want Kyle to be guilty.
You're one of the yo-yo's Pete, and I find it hilarious that you don't understand that.

Who jumped to immediate conclusions about Rittenhouse based on videos you saw posted on the internet?

And who continues to do that based on a video from Tucker Carlson, completely ignoring the obvious fact that you're not seeing all the evidence in the case?

Pete. That's who. You're WORSE that the Duke Gang of 88-----because you think that jumping to conclusions is 100% ok... if it's to support what you perceive to be someone for your team....while at the same time, you're hilariously chastising others for doing the EXACT same thing you're doing.

Psssst: all the videos show the exact same thing, a fan: Self defense. Release the kid. The mob won’t be satisfied no matter what anyway.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:39 pm Psssst: all the videos show the exact same thing, a fan: Self defense.
Riiiiight. You're just doing everything you can to never learn a thing from past mistakes while you're on Earth, is that it, Pete?

Good luck with that. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:39 pm Psssst: all the videos show the exact same thing, a fan: Self defense.
Riiiiight. You're just doing everything you can to never learn a thing from past mistakes while you're on Earth, is that it, Pete?

When the Left is upset about something, we board up our homes and call in the National Guard. There's no "both sides" argument here. Leftism is evil, it's a blight on the Earth, and everything about it is bad.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:12 pm The Louisville DA announcement was actually quite predictable. One officer charged for reckless endangerment, was a small surprise and to me looks like they needed to throw one of the officers under the bus to look like they were really being fair., having taken (justifiably) so much heat already. The civil settlement a couple weeks ago told you all you needed to know to predict this outcome.

If I'm not mistaken, it's pretty apparent that a knock occurred (boyfriend as well as other witnesses said so, boyfriend being particularly credible) but whether there was an announcement of who it was blasting in the door right after is not so sure. Boyfriend says he didn't hear them announce themselves, other witnesses, except one, didn't hear them...did the one witness hear what no one else did? possible.

It's a travesty, but I'm not sure whether the issue was as much these officers in specific as the entire process needing reform.

It sounds like that DA didn't ask the grand jury for a direct charge of causing the death of Taylor of any of the officers, and it looks incredibly bad that the DA failing to bring direct charges was the darling of the GOP Trump Convention and took all these months to bring us to this point.

However, the officers involved were not those who sought and obtained a shoddy no-knock warrant and thus were executing on what they thought was a legitimate action, then returned fire when one of them was shot. So, a difficult case to hang specifically on these officers, albeit their wildly shooting so many times was atrocious.

This goes back to systematic racism endemic in the policy set of how law enforcement and judicial system approaches such situations in the first place. No knock, forced entry warrants because of suspected drug trafficking? without even assurance that the person who may or may not be guilty of such is even there? Is this really necessary in situations where there is no imminent physical harm to a victim on premises or a terrorist threat?

Yes, this can happen to a white household, but let's take a look at where such warrants are issued, and how police approach those situations. Let's look at what we criminalize and how we can deescalate the violence of such.
It turned out as I expected. The police did not know the boyfriend was there. They were hoping to come in with overwhelming force to scare her and have her provide testimony against her ex boyfriend that was being investigated for drug trafficking. Just a bad outcome from a tactic that LPD had been using. Her residence had been determined to be low risk and a soft target. Judge reluctantly added it to the no knock list. I didn’t think anyone would be prosecuted for bad police work. The guy that fired 10 shots in the house from outside is the fall guy. The new boyfriend fired one shot when the doors came off the hinges. Just a bad situation all the way around. There is a video of those same clowns executing a “no knock order” .....how anyone would know it’s the police is beyond me....chaos.

This is The United States of America..the Taylor thing was in the middle of the night....
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 pm

When the Left is upset about something, we board up our homes and call in the National Guard. There's no "both sides" argument here. Leftism is evil, it's a blight on the Earth, and everything about it is bad.
:lol: So the thinking here is that this totally unrelated statement (squirrel!!!) "makes it ok" for you to jump to conclusions just like Duke's Gang of 88, based on stuff you saw on the internet?

Okie-dokie!! Like I said....good luck with that! :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Bad tactics. Has the Lou'ville Police Chief been fired yet ? If not, why not ?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Watch all the live happenings in Louisville here:

https://m.twitch.tv/woke
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

If I'm not mistaken, it's pretty apparent that a knock occurred (boyfriend as well as other witnesses said so, boyfriend being particularly credible) but whether there was an announcement of who it was blasting in the door right after is not so sure. Boyfriend says he didn't hear them announce themselves, other witnesses, except one, didn't hear them...did the one witness hear what no one else did? possible. - my previous comments only directed at what the DA said. Yes, the boyfriend did admit they heard a knock (both of them), but did not admit that he was thereby aware it was the police, thought it might have been someone trying to break in, and he reacted as though that was the case.

It's a travesty, but I'm not sure whether the issue was as much these officers in specific as the entire process needing reform. - don't misunderstand, I believe the problem is the process, not these particular officers, although I am not buying the DA is not hiding, covering for the officers in terms of their fire discipline.

However, the officers involved were not those who sought and obtained a shoddy no-knock warrant and thus were executing on what they thought was a legitimate action, then returned fire when one of them was shot. So, a difficult case to hang specifically on these officers, albeit their wildly shooting so many times was atrocious. Yup, it was dumped in their laps. The officers are as much the victims of the process as Ms. Taylor, they get to walk away however.

My comment was this was not "primarily" a question of racism. It is certainly true this type of situation is much more likely to happen in minority communities. No one should kid themselves that it (questionable police raid) can't happen in your neighborhood or even to you.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:10 pm

If I'm not mistaken, it's pretty apparent that a knock occurred (boyfriend as well as other witnesses said so, boyfriend being particularly credible) but whether there was an announcement of who it was blasting in the door right after is not so sure. Boyfriend says he didn't hear them announce themselves, other witnesses, except one, didn't hear them...did the one witness hear what no one else did? possible. - my previous comments only directed at what the DA said. Yes, the boyfriend did admit they heard a knock (both of them), but did not admit that he was thereby aware it was the police, thought it might have been someone trying to break in, and he reacted as though that was the case.

It's a travesty, but I'm not sure whether the issue was as much these officers in specific as the entire process needing reform. - don't misunderstand, I believe the problem is the process, not these particular officers, although I am not buying the DA is not hiding, covering for the officers in terms of their fire discipline.

However, the officers involved were not those who sought and obtained a shoddy no-knock warrant and thus were executing on what they thought was a legitimate action, then returned fire when one of them was shot. So, a difficult case to hang specifically on these officers, albeit their wildly shooting so many times was atrocious. Yup, it was dumped in their laps. The officers are as much the victims of the process as Ms. Taylor, they get to walk away however.

My comment was this was not "primarily" a question of racism. It is certainly true this type of situation is much more likely to happen in minority communities.
They thought it could have been the ex-boyfriend knocking at the door. That’s why he got his weapon. No charges filed against the boyfriend and no drugs or anything else illegal found in the house.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 pm Just the first 10 pages.
Yeah, looking at the first dozen or so pages, looks like ~40% women and about 4% black people. So at least they're as good or better than the Supreme Court :lol:

The good news is that the racial makeup of law schools nowadays is are looking more and more like the actual makeup of the US, although minorities except Asians are still slightly underrepresented. I imagine we have another couple of decades before that completely trickles down to practices and elsewhere as the older generations retire.
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:35 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 pm Just the first 10 pages.
Yeah, looking at the first dozen or so pages, looks like ~40% women and about 4% black people. So at least they're as good or better than the Supreme Court :lol:

The good news is that the racial makeup of law schools nowadays is are looking more and more like the actual makeup of the US, although minorities except Asians are still slightly underrepresented. I imagine we have another couple of decades before that completely trickles down to practices and elsewhere as the older generations retire.
Those first 10 pages were not bad at all. I have seen worse. A fair amount of ethnic diversity and a lot of women. Good for them. At least it’s on their radar.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”