Icky Thump

Fell In Love With A Girl

My Doorbell

You Don't Know What Love Is

From the Basement

Under Amazonian Lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXcOg7QXbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5wkTdVjE1s
Separate topic but college friend who lives in St. Paul was telling me about a great booze spot called “the wine company spirits”. He was at a place called The Land of World Whisky and talking up some Japanese whisky to me . Ever heard of it?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Re: What Music Are You Listening To ?

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:24 pm
Separate topic but college friend who lives in St. Paul was telling me about a great booze spot called “the wine company spirits”. He was at a place called The Land of World Whisky and talking up some Japanese whisky to me . Ever heard of it?

Nope. I've been a teetotaler for quite a number of years and have not ventured anywheres near a tavern in a long time. Have you tried "yelp"? They might have some data on it. I don't. Sorry.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:07 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:24 pm

Nope. I've been a teetotaler for quite a number of years and have not ventured anywheres near a tavern in a long time. Have you tried "yelp"? They might have some data on it. I don't. Sorry.
Not a problem only guy I stay close to in your hood. I guess this is a stor that does tastings rather than a bar. He’s got a vineyard called Trout Brook Vineyard and also makes a bunch of organic stuff and and homemade breads so I thought it’s might be up your alley in general.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.facebook.com/TroutBrookVineyard/

Evidently, it's in Hudson, Wisconsin or about 20 miles East of St Paul. I rode by Hudson but it's been close to 30 years. Can't say I remember the farm at all. In all honesty, it does look like a nice place to visit.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 pm https://www.facebook.com/TroutBrookVineyard/

Evidently, it's in Hudson, Wisconsin or about 20 miles East of St Paul. I rode by Hudson but it's been close to 30 years. Can't say I remember the farm at all. In all honesty, it does look like a nice place to visit.
Yeah that’s Nicks place. He tells me hes in St. Paul NYT I never paid close attention to location. Been threatening to visit for nearly a decade. Unless he bought it turnkey that 93 is a bit of creative license because we graduated in 2000-2001 (I did the five year plan but we started together in Geneva)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Just fantastic
“I wish you would!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Gotta love Don Henley's voice.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wish is was listening to this NYC homecoming concert tonight...

https://www.centralpark.com/events/we-l ... g-concert/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Moment of pride as father:

Took son to get new baseball glove for his birthday Monday. Hadn’t really introduced him to the Boss yet so played a few songs. Here’s his initial thoughts:

“Thunder road is way better than this one (Born in the USA)”

“He’s great how he has all horns and saxophones while rocking out”

“He’s like me-Suns out guns out” - from Born to Run video

“At least he made up for Born in the USA by redoing it as Born to Run” (I explained the latter came first)

“How does he make this song sound happy and I hear words about people struggling to work and being sent to kill people in war?” - referring to lyrics in Born in the USA, I might add there’s a whole regressive contemporary “know nothings” cohort that still doesn’t understand the point of that song, same morons that are playing Killing in the Name Of...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

My brother introduced me to Primus in the late 1990's. It took me a while to "hear" them. My Name is Mud off the album Pork Soda was the first song I grew to appreciate. I always liked the "Whar you goin city boy?" heard during the bridge, and never knew where it came from until rewatching the excellent movie Deliverance (1972) one day. (Did you know the sheriff in the film was played by the author of the book? Not a bad job of it either.)

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:55 am My brother introduced me to Primus in the late 1990's. It took me a while to "hear" them. My Name is Mud off the album Pork Soda was the first song I grew to appreciate. I always liked the "Whar you goin city boy?" heard during the bridge, and never knew where it came from until rewatching the excellent movie Deliverance (1972) one day. (Did you know the sheriff in the film was played by the author of the book? Not a bad job of it either.)

Saw the New Years Eve 95 (going into 96) at what used to be called the Cow Palace in SF w my sister and brother in law. Les Claypool busted out a bow and at midnight played Auld Lang Syne (sp?) at midnight. It was pretty awesome
OuttaNowhereWregget

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:44 am Saw the New Years Eve 95 (going into 96) at what used to be called the Cow Palace in SF w my sister and brother in law. Les Claypool busted out a bow and at midnight played Auld Lang Syne (sp?) at midnight. It was pretty awesome
He’s one of a kind, ol’ Les.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:56 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:44 am Saw the New Years Eve 95 (going into 96) at what used to be called the Cow Palace in SF w my sister and brother in law. Les Claypool busted out a bow and at midnight played Auld Lang Syne (sp?). It was pretty awesome
He’s one of a kind, ol’ Les.
Not for everybody but a rare talent I’m glad I saw live. Opening acts of Everclear (generic college rock my son will Make the same music with his buddies in 5-6yrs and he just turned 9 today) and Tool (got into a fight in the mosh pit because a dude trucked over a girl who was pretty and I was 17..)
OuttaNowhereWregget

I think the first and only time I saw Primus was the Tales from the Punchbowl tour at the Aud in Worcester Mass. They kicked the %#*^& doors in with Pudding Time to open the show. We were in the balcony just to the right of the stage and had a spectacular view. The crowd on the floor in front went absolutely ape sh*t when Les pounded out those first few notes to the song. Incredible show.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm I think the first and only time I saw Primus was the Tales from the Punchbowl tour at the Aud in Worcester Mass. They kicked the %#*^& doors in with Pudding Time to open the show. We were in the balcony just to the right of the stage and had a spectacular view. The crowd on the floor in front went absolutely ape sh*t when Les pounded out those first few notes to the song. Incredible show.
This is why love music is so great. Sometimes you get the studio album and that’s lame (seen Toad the Wet Sprocket somehow 4-5x and every time it’s like putting the album on and that’s a waste of 2hrs) but when you get the performer dropping their nuts and feeling it there’s very little like it. (see any love old Joe cocker show)

Got a bootleg of that show you could copy for a music fan?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:57 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm I think the first and only time I saw Primus was the Tales from the Punchbowl tour at the Aud in Worcester Mass. They kicked the %#*^& doors in with Pudding Time to open the show. We were in the balcony just to the right of the stage and had a spectacular view. The crowd on the floor in front went absolutely ape sh*t when Les pounded out those first few notes to the song. Incredible show.
This is why love music is so great. Sometimes you get the studio album and that’s lame (seen Toad the Wet Sprocket somehow 4-5x and every time it’s like putting the album on and that’s a waste of 2hrs) but when you get the performer dropping their nuts and feeling it there’s very little like it. (see any love old Joe cocker show)

Closest I can get...

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:02 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Closest I can get...

I have this in CD form yet to be converted in a drawer somewhere in my office. I still like Pork soda best
OuttaNowhereWregget

Yeah – Pork Soda was great. I also loved Sailing the Seas of Cheese and Frizzle Fry.

Another little bit of trivia: Where did Les get the name Mr. Krinkle?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 pm Yeah – Pork Soda was great. I also loved Sailing the Seas of Cheese and Frizzle Fry.

I don’t know hit me. Assume it may be a cop pig reference.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:48 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 pm Yeah – Pork Soda was great. I also loved Sailing the Seas of Cheese and Frizzle Fry.

I don’t know hit me. Assume it may be a cop pig reference.
In the movie Taxi Driver. It’s the fake name Robert De Niro‘s character gives to the Secret Service guy.

Return to “MOVIES, TV, AND MUSIC”