The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Trinity »

Mitchell is working for the GOP. I don’t expect neutral.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bandito wrote:Dr. Ford is clinically insane. She wanted the hearing delayed because she was afraid of flying. Now she admits under oath she flies all the time and flew to the hearing. She is a liar plain and simple. She should get used to 3 square a day in a cell.
My wife and daughter (and countless other people listening in on this spectacle) are afraid to fly. They do so; they hate it, but they bear it. You really are a remarkably limited specimen.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

SCLaxAttack wrote:
jhu72 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
jhu72 wrote:I think what is clear is that the Republicans are going to attempt to play the innocent till proven guilty gambit.
As opposed to the Democrats who believe you are guilty until proven innocent. Come on man, you are better than that.
I simply mean this is not a court, there is no prosecutor (regardless of her title). Innocent until proven guilty is not an operative principle in this setting. The R's want this to look like one - it isn't. Hence "gambit".

Interesting perspective, since Sen. Feinstein just complained that the Rs refused to allow other witnesses related to this situation besides Dr. Ford. Sounds like she wants it to be a trial - at least in the court of public opinion.
I also couldn’t help but notice her attempt to influence the public court whenever she mentioned Ford it was “Dr. Ford”, but Judge Kavenaugh was “Brett Kavenaugh” or simply “Kavenaugh”.

They are all the same. Feinstein sits there and says all the right things about not dismissing the story of the attacked, but did that very thing when it comes to accused Ds, and our two most recent presidential candidates have a history of doing the same.

Edit - Add: Shame on those who are attempting to suggest there’s a connection between Arpaio and the prosecutor who’ll be questioning Dr. Ford because they happened to both be Maricopa County, AZ officials.
Feinstein clearly also suspects the Republican "gambit" so she is playing that game -- if this is a court, why not allow other witnesses??
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote:
Bandito wrote:Dr. Ford is clinically insane. She wanted the hearing delayed because she was afraid of flying. Now she admits under oath she flies all the time and flew to the hearing. She is a liar plain and simple. She should get used to 3 square a day in a cell.
My wife and daughter (and countless other people listening in on this spectacle) are afraid to fly. They do so; they hate it, but they bear it. You really are a remarkably limited specimen.
Yes, like the kind you have to take to the Dr. for analysis that comes from the bowels.
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

I have no idea why, but I am mildly curious how you came to join this board. You weren't on LP. How did you even know to come here, and what is appealing about it to you? I think it's attractive to most folks on here because the posters are well-educated, thoughtful, connected in some way to lacrosse, and informed on a wide range of topics. You are obviously none of those things, and you don't seem like you would find people meeting that description as appealing. What's the story? Just trying to burn through this 30-minute recess with something completely unrelated. The old LP was a virtually moron-free zone, which was nice while it lasted. I will wait for your explanation, and then try to figure out how to mute you. Thanks!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

News talking heads at noon are claiming republican staffers are really unhappy with Mitchell. I can see why they would be. Maybe they should have hired Frito. :lol:
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Chips O'Toole wrote:
I have no idea why, but I am mildly curious how you came to join this board. You weren't on LP. How did you even know to come here, and what is appealing about it to you? I think it's attractive to most folks on here because the posters are well-educated, thoughtful, connected in some way to lacrosse, and informed on a wide range of topics. You are obviously none of those things, and you don't seem like you would find people meeting that description as appealing. What's the story? Just trying to burn through this 30-minute recess with something completely unrelated. The old LP was a virtually moron-free zone, which was nice while it lasted. I will wait for your explanation, and then try to figure out how to mute you. Thanks!
If the posters here were well educated they wouldn't be Democrats and liberals. It is as simple as that. And I have been a member of LP since '05. All they post is liberal propoganda and think it is truth. It has been proven time and again that mainsteam media lies to its viewers. Yet you claim these people are smart? They may have an education but that doesn't make you smart. The only reason they support Dr. Ford is because she's trying to smear a Republican. If this was the other way around you all would be freaking out. Plus there are no facts. I deal with facts, not emotion.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

--- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ---

For those feeling the Ellison story is more important than the Kavanaugh story, the Hill is reporting ---

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Republican Governors Baker, Kasich and Hogan call for a halt to the hearings and an FBI Investigation into the charges of the three women.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... lid=964328
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Brett is toast!
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DMac

Post by DMac »

Got some news for you, Dito The Dink, Prez Bone Spurs is your trophy winning liar (how bad you think those spurs were when he was eligible to go serve his country in Vietnam?), scam artist, and snake oil salesmen. People like you buy it and keep him in business. He and P.T. call you, and your like, suckers, laugh all the way to the bank and/or oval office.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Chris Wallace claims this hearing is a disaster for Republicans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote:Republican Governors Baker, Kasich and Hogan call for a halt to the hearings and an FBI Investigation into the charges of the three women.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... lid=964328
Hogan is taking heat in Maryland because of ties to DeVos (and hence Trump). Hogan is the front runner in Maryland to be re-elected Governor in a dark blue state. Association with this Republican circus would seriously jeopardize that.

Lunch is running long. They were supposed to reconvene 15 minutes ago.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Brett definitely picked the wrong girl to grope. This is about the most perfect witness you could ever want. Start the investigation now. That is, if Brett doesn’t withdraw first.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ggait

Post by ggait »

This seems to be going so far about as well as possible for Ford.

We'll see what Kav brings this afternoon. But what's happened so far really makes me wonder what the heck the GOP was thinking in insisting upon this forum.

First, the Dems can rightly just keep hammering on the elephant not in the room -- Mark Judge. That simply can't be defended.

Second, why wouldn't the GOP want to get the parade of other people that Ford named as being at the party? Kav's denial would be so much stronger if all those others came in and said "wasn't there, don't know what she's talking about." That's the strongest evidence Kav has going for him and it is completely absent (at least so far) given the one-on-one set up.

Third, the 5 on/5 off goofy format keeps either side from really making any serious inroads. With the toggling back and forth, is it even possible for Kav to make a dent in the lead Ford has built?

But it was very smart to bring in the GOP outside counsel. Too bad she couldn't also take over for Chair Grassley. He's the gang that couldn't shoot straight all by himself.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Mitchell must have gotten chewed out at lunch. She is not interested in the allegation any longer. She is now trying to score points against the democrats. :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Great product placement for Coca-Cola.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Hatch thinks she’s cute. Brian Fallon quipped the Republicans forgot to hire women to do the hallway interviews, too.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Oh, but we got an affidavit from Judge, saying what we need it to say....Jesus, what a pack a jomoakes.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Chips O'Toole wrote:The old LP was a virtually moron-free zone, which was nice while it lasted. I will wait for your explanation, and then try to figure out how to mute you.
To avoid seeing bandito's posts, go to this link:
http://lummys.com/fanlax/phpbb3/memberl ... file&u=291
and click on "Add foe"

Return to “POLITICS”