Trumpista fascists on the march

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Trumpista fascists on the march

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 pm Oddly, for someone who has been wrong and off base on almost every take, prognostication and prediction you’ve EVER posted here and on Laxpower, your arrogance is fantastic.

You are a terrific troll.
Doc Barrister, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post
Aaah, much better.

:lol:
hmmm, Doc's prognostications about Trump as POTUS were pretty darn accurate.

so, too the prognostications about Covid.

So, which predictions etc do you think he's been so wrong about?

Tone is a different matter. But he's been pretty darn accurate in forecasting...IMO.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:34 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 pm Oddly, for someone who has been wrong and off base on almost every take, prognostication and prediction you’ve EVER posted here and on Laxpower, your arrogance is fantastic.

Aaah, much better.

Tone is a different matter. But he's been pretty darn accurate in forecasting...IMO.
Hillary cruising to a victory over Trump
And in his "wheelhouse" look at everything when it comes to Hopkins lacrosse and/or the law.
The prowess of Hopkins lax recruits
Hopkins lax prognostications
Duke Lax players being undoubtedly guilty of rape
Just to name a few.

He's the Nancy Grace of LP/Fanlax.

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:03 am

Aaah, much better.

And in his "wheelhouse" look at everything when it comes to Hopkins lacrosse and/or the law.
Just to name a few.

When are you going to change the racist title of your coronavirus thread?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:22 pm I would say he has surpassed McCarthy. In fact, I would say he has been the person who has posed the single biggest threat to our democracy in our nation's history.
When Trump was elected I predicted we would survive his Presidency due to the strengths of our institutions & the genius of our founders who gave us a Constitution which has stood the test of time.

42 days to go (knock on wood)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:03 am

Aaah, much better.

Just to name a few.

ahhh, yes, Doc has been a fulsome fan of Hop lax...and in that arena certainly not always realistic. Fair point!

Hillary did whip Trump in the popular vote...and he was certainly not alone in predicting a 'cruise to a victory'.
Duke lax was a very tricky one...I too was overly willing to believe the worst was possible..."undoubtedly" no, but very possible, yes.

On the Trump era, he's been largely correct. Hop lax not so much!

I agree with him on the title of the virus thread. Unnecessary.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:13 am
njbill wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:22 pm I would say he has surpassed McCarthy. In fact, I would say he has been the person who has posed the single biggest threat to our democracy in our nation's history.
When Trump was elected I predicted we would survive his Presidency due to the strengths of our institutions & the genius of our founders who gave us a Constitution which has stood the test of time.

yes, you did and, yes, knock on wood...did you think that he would test those institutions to this degree Salty? Still testing?

Do you agree that there's been real damage?...what % of Americans actually believe that the election was fraudulent, that massive #'s of votes were actually changed by algorithms or by fake votes?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:48 am

yes, you did and, yes, knock on wood...did you think that he would test those institutions to this degree Salty? Still testing?

Do you agree that there's been real damage?...what % of Americans actually believe that the election was fraudulent, that massive #'s of votes were actually changed by algorithms or by fake votes?
I know at least one guy here who believes mail in votes were junk and could have a high incidence of fraud...
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

On Friday, the [Pennsylvania] State House speaker and majority leader joined hard-right colleagues — whom they had earlier resisted — and called on Congress to reject Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s 81,000-vote victory in Pennsylvania.
Kim Ward, the Republican majority leader of the Pennsylvania Senate, said the president had called her to declare there was fraud in the voting. But she said she had not been shown the letter to Congress, which was pulled together hastily, before its release.

Asked if she would have signed it, she indicated that the Republican base expected party leaders to back up Mr. Trump’s claims — or to face its wrath.

“If I would say to you, ‘I don’t want to do it,’” she said about signing the letter, “I’d get my house bombed tonight.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/us/p ... llege.html
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:52 am I know at least one guy here who believes mail in votes were junk and could have a high incidence of fraud...
"could have" or "did have"?

Care to clarify your opinion, o.s.? I'm under the impression that it's the latter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:52 am I know at least one guy here who believes mail in votes were junk and could have a high incidence of fraud...
"could have" or "did have"?

Care to clarify your opinion, o.s.? I'm under the impression that it's the latter.
So far...he's been very careful to say "could have", so I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt that he understands that massive fraud really didn't happen and was missed by the process.

It's a fair question though.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

GOP Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue just announced their support for a deranged lawsuit filed by Texas that seeks to overturn popular vote outcomes in four battleground states that Trump lost.

Those Georgia moves capture a broader state of affairs: It appears that untold numbers of elected Republicans are trying to inspire in GOP voters a state of what you might call permanent warfare against our democratic institutions and the opposition’s voters alike.

This war footing doesn’t permit acknowledgment of the opposition’s claims to legitimate political representation. It treats efforts at the wholesale subversion of unwanted electoral outcomes as an acceptable tool of political competition.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ve-become/
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Our democracy as we know it would have come to an end if Trump had won a second term. Just a shade over a quarter million voters in a handful of states prevented that disaster. It was that close.

The danger doesn’t just come from Trump. It is clear that a large portion of the Republican Party has a strong affinity for authoritarianism, theocracy, and minority rule by white supremacist trash.

Too many Americans assume that our democratic institutions are too strong to ever allow an authoritarian regime to take control of the country. Trump and his cultish followers should disabuse anyone of that fallacy.

On our own forum, we have seen the ugliness of racism, bigotry, misogyny, and some rather blatant anti-Semitism. We have seen armed Trump zealots threaten elected officials.

Think what happened in 1930s Germany couldn’t happen here?

There are tens of millions of far-right extremists who will gladly prove you wrong.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU77 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:42 pm
GOP Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue just announced their support for a deranged lawsuit filed by Texas that seeks to overturn popular vote outcomes in four battleground states that Trump lost.

Those Georgia moves capture a broader state of affairs: It appears that untold numbers of elected Republicans are trying to inspire in GOP voters a state of what you might call permanent warfare against our democratic institutions and the opposition’s voters alike.

This war footing doesn’t permit acknowledgment of the opposition’s claims to legitimate political representation. It treats efforts at the wholesale subversion of unwanted electoral outcomes as an acceptable tool of political competition.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ve-become/
This seemed like it would once stop at a number of people that, although alarming, was not in the mainstream. Now, after pounding the message of fraud and corruption to the gullible using Fox, and every other megaphone they have, it has become the -- not a; the -- central message of what it means to be a Republican. If you voted for Trump, you voted to advance this agenda, and you should really be disgusted not just at Trump and the complicit House and Senate members and State GOP chairs; you should be disgusted with yourself.
njbill

Post by njbill »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:55 pm Just a shade over a quarter million voters in a handful of states prevented that disaster. It was that close.
Actually it was even closer.

Here are the current vote differentials and electoral votes in three states: Arizona (10,457) (11); Georgia (11,779) (16); Wisconsin (20,682) (10).

The differential totals 42,918. If Trump had won these three states and gotten their 37 electoral votes, the election would’ve tied at 269 apiece. The House very likely would’ve voted T**** as president.

Sorta the reverse of 2016.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I didn't know what to expect but I was confident we'd come through it ok & be stronger for having heard from his voters.
The pendulum needed to be pushed back in the opposite direction. Progress was made in the areas in which I supported his policies.

No, I do not agree that real damage has been done. The defects in the last election need to be exposed & corrected.

I have confidence in the strength of our institutions & Constitution. I trust the judgement of the American people.

I seek the serenity to accept that which I cannot change. If I were younger, I'd start studying Mandarin.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:51 pm The defects in the last election need to be exposed & corrected.
What were these defects?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Our democracy as we know it would have come to an end if Trump had won a second term. Just a shade over a quarter million voters in a handful of states prevented that disaster. It was that close.

The danger doesn’t just come from Trump. It is clear that a large portion of the Republican Party has a strong affinity for authoritarianism, theocracy, and minority rule by white supremacist trash.

Too many Americans assume that our democratic institutions are too strong to ever allow an authoritarian regime to take control of the country. Trump and his cultish followers should disabuse anyone of that fallacy.

On our own forum, we have seen the ugliness of racism, bigotry, misogyny, and some rather blatant anti-Semitism. We have seen armed Trump zealots threaten elected officials.

Think what happened in 1930s Germany couldn’t happen here?

There are tens of millions of far-right extremists who will gladly prove you wrong.

DocBarrister
Well...no armed Trump zealots have threatened elected officials on this forum. Needs a separate paragraph... ;)

But I agree that while it appears that our institutions are ultimately withstanding this assault, it's been perilously close, and has been far from a foregone conclusion...I shudder to think what a second Trump term, Trump and Trumpism unbound would have meant.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:55 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:51 pm The defects in the last election need to be exposed & corrected.
What were these defects?
Good question.

And what did we 'hear from his voters'?
Hopefully just the demographic death rattle of white supremacy, nativism, and other bigotries, but I fear they're not finished...

But Mandarin is a good idea...though the good news is that in China and everywhere else in the world the assumption remains that it's critical that they learn English. We don't really appreciate how much of an advantage we've had.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

What were these defects?
Too many Democrats made legal votes. Rs cannot win under those conditions! :lol:

(Actually there is no evidence of any problems with the election. It is all unverified flailing innuendo).
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:11 pm
What were these defects?
Too many Democrats made legal votes. Rs cannot win under those conditions! :lol:

(Actually there is no evidence of any problems with the election. It is all unverified flailing innuendo).
That old salt buys into and advances. Plus ca change.

Return to “POLITICS”