All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Kismet wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:21 pm Dr Redd, (physician and rear admiral with the U.S. Public Health Service, and an Assistant Surgeon General) agrees with Dr Fauci that large gatherings should not only be avoided, but they should be cancelled.

Ken Cuccinellis, acting Sec of Homeland, is unable to answer if he agrees or disagrees. Wonder why?

Morons.
A Federal Court has invalidated Cuccinelli's appointment so why is he still there?
It only invalidated one of his two appointments (the immigration job).

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Trump takes the easy way out of this crisis by blaming Obama:

It is very difficult to believe that anyone can vote for such a buffoon.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:55 pm Trump takes the easy way out of this crisis by blaming Obama:

Isn't that the truth.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:06 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:55 pm Trump takes the easy way out of this crisis by blaming Obama:

Isn't that the truth.
It is criminal to be saying, "It will go away. Stay Calm. Be calm. It's really working out. And a lot of good things are going to happen."

AND not acting as POTUS to make it go away.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:36 pm
OCanada wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:28 pm But the moral obligation we face is very clear: We must arrest the crisis before the impossible becomes unavoidable. We aren’t doing well at this
What are we not doing well, that we should be doing?
Testing ... lots and lots more testing. The Trump Administration has completely failed at this.

DocBarrister :roll:
My step grandson is in Denver. He came down with the sniffles and a hacking cough. He spent the night with his grandmother two weeks ago who had just returned from Seattle who also had same symptoms for a day upon her return. Parents took him to the doc and asked if he should be tested. They though he was very unlikely infected but they gave his parents a note with the CDC's phone contact and told them to call the CDC and see if they wanted to authorize a test. So much for going to your doctor and them ordering up a test. No state public health testing in CO apparently.

This is why we have to go to mitigation (see the Kayyem timeline I post earlier in this thread). We have NO IDEA how many are infected and we cannot test at scale. We must assume the worst (as Dr Fauci said in a hearing today) and mitigate immediately for hopefully a short interval in the hope we can plateau the infections (see the historical data from St Louis v Philly in 1918 where St Louis mitigated/shut down and Philly didn't and how many more deaths Philly had)
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pence daily briefing canceled. Sarah would be proud.

Politico reports that Trump's coronavirus task force has discussed an emergency declaration, but will not give Trump its final verdict on one until Jared Kushner "finishes his research and comes to a conclusion himself." #NotThe Onion
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Morons, and dishonest morons to boot:

https://reason.com/2020/03/11/white-hou ... -covid-19/

"As a result, relevant health experts who lack the necessary security clearances have been kept out of meetings since January. This is a serious, idiotic act of self-sabotage on the part of the Trump administration. It will not only hamper transparency—it will compromise the efficacy of the government's coronavirus prevention strategizing.

Four Trump officials told Reuters that dozens of coronavirus meetings have been held in a high-security room at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and that "staffers without security clearances, including government experts, were excluded from the interagency meetings, which included video conference calls."

As a result, "some very critical people who did not have security clearances" were kept out of the meetings."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup. The 2 month delay in getting test kits out is criminal. We aren't anywhere near prepared.

Wife saw her first potential infected child today and there was absolutely nothing she could do. CDC / MD DOH won't approve the test. Explained the situation to the parents. Took kid's vitals and told the parents to take the kid home and self quarantine. Kid is showing no symptoms. Who knows if he has the virus? Doesn't build much confidence in the parents. Voters.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Not to worry - this just in

Trump is reportedly waiting on whether to make an emergency declaration until Jared Kushner "finishes his research and comes to a conclusion himself".

We are totally screwed unless someone takes over who knows what they are doing.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

There is one huge upside to the Corona virus, the environmental whackos among you all have finally been distracted with something else to try and scare people over. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The NCAA announced that March Madness will be held without fans in the stands.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Our power struck Governor just shut down all state universities.

After basically declaring Marshall Law in New Rochelle.

I guess the students weren't ever at risk already for the flu. Drug overdoses. Suicide. LIFE.

Wreck the economy and everyones lives Andrew. And Not a single case in the state university system.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:50 pm Our power struck Governor just shut down all state universities.

I guess the students weren't ever at risk already for the flu. Drug overdoses. Suicide. LIFE.

Wreck the economy and everyones lives Andrew. And Not a single case in the state university system.
Man, you really need to read more.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:50 pm Our power struck Governor just shut down all state universities.

It’s Hillary’s fault
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:34 pm Morons, and dishonest morons to boot
Description applies equally well to Trump’s personality cult.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Thank you pcowlax for the best explanation I have read on this pandemic to date.

Makes perfect sense.

With 34M affected by flu this year in US and ensuing 350K plus hospitalizations finally resulting in 20K deaths to date, I could not figure out why a virus at this time was destroying capital markets and causing territorial shut downs.
The parent, not the coach.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

If only Europe had known about Tax Cuts during the Black Death era of the bubonic plague...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:51 pm If only Europe had known about Tax Cuts during the Black Death era of the bubonic plague...
:lol: :lol: :lol: You win the internet today!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:49 pm The NCAA announced that March Madness will be held without fans in the stands.

I just got word of this from watching tonight's Dallas Mavericks game. Earlier this evening I was about to attend my weekly girls volleyball double header but it was cancelled - did watch a scrimmage, though. No word on when or if the rest of the season will be played.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”