2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: 2020 Elections - Desperate Don is Panicking

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:11 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:57 pm
holmes435 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:49 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:58 pm I also like that Anna explains that her extended family was on the taxapayer dole.....and then goes on to tell us that handouts are bad.
Just so everyone else doesn't have to dig through the site:

"A proud Hispanic-American of Mexican descent, Anna was raised in the lower-income neighborhoods of Southern California by a single mother. She is the antidote to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's claim that Americans cannot pull themselves up by their bootstraps."

"I grew up in the welfare system and have witnessed how it can be exploited."

On top of growing up on welfare, after attending public school she gets a job out of high school by joining the Air Force (taxpayer funded salary). She then used the GI Bill to attend a public university.

Man, she sure pulled herself up by her bootstraps with no government help at all. I certainly respect her work ethic and service to get where she is, but she is proving AOC's point.

Joining the Air Force is not welfare...you actually do have a job to perform, which you are underpaid to do.

And so far as the welfare her Mom was on, no one is demanding that we 'end welfare'...rather, that we re-incentivize it. No one knows better how welfare exploits the poor than someone who has actually been on it.

Republicans are on a big roll today and libs are scared, because these candidates deflate the preferred narrative. Byron Donalds, Anna Paulina Luna. Kimberly Klacik. These are actual rockstars, not whining lefty birdbrains. If you actually cared about equality and racial justice, you'd be cheering these three on, not trying to knock them down. But such is the life of a Democrat...all hat, no cattle.
I think you are kind of missing Holmes's point. Seems like it might be deliberate, but I gotta say, hard to tell.
His point was that if you're serving in the military, you're "on the taxpayer dole". Okie dokie.
Most of her peers don't qualify for military service.

Getting a check from the Fed's is DOLE.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:49 pm Anyway, if Trump wins, I don't see why Nikki and Ron couldn't beat any Democrat in 2024
Tough for the same party to win three consecutive terms. Just ask Hills and a lot of others.
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:05 pm Petey's back to prognosticating, after all he has such a stellar track record...whether in lax or Covid... :roll:
Don’t forget investment advice.

Buy Gilead! Only down about 20% from when Pete made the recommendation.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:58 pm I also like that Anna explains that her extended family was on the taxapayer dole.....and then goes on to tell us that handouts are bad.

"A proud Hispanic-American of Mexican descent, Anna was raised in the lower-income neighborhoods of Southern California by a single mother. She is the antidote to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's claim that Americans cannot pull themselves up by their bootstraps."

On top of growing up on welfare, after attending public school she gets a job out of high school by joining the Air Force (taxpayer funded salary). She then used the GI Bill to attend a public university.

Man, she sure pulled herself up by her bootstraps with no government help at all. I certainly respect her work ethic and service to get where she is, but she is proving AOC's point.

Joining the Air Force is not welfare...you actually do have a job to perform, which you are underpaid to do.

And so far as the welfare her Mom was on, no one is demanding that we 'end welfare'...rather, that we re-incentivize it. No one knows better how welfare exploits the poor than someone who has actually been on it.

Republicans are on a big roll today and libs are scared, because these candidates deflate the preferred narrative. Byron Donalds, Anna Paulina Luna. Kimberly Klacik. These are actual rockstars, not whining lefty birdbrains. If you actually cared about equality and racial justice, you'd be cheering these three on, not trying to knock them down. But such is the life of a Democrat...all hat, no cattle.
I think you are kind of missing Holmes's point. Seems like it might be deliberate, but I gotta say, hard to tell.
His point was that if you're serving in the military, you're "on the taxpayer dole". Okie dokie.
No, my point is that the military is a massive federal government program. And yes, paid for by taxpayers. Then she got her school paid for, again by taxpayers. The GI Bill is a pretty great piece of legislation.

In the end being in welfare, her job in the Air Force, scholarship and the schools she went to are all the result of major government programs helping her move up economically. That's my point.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Who are her peers and why don’t they qualify?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:05 pm Petey's back to prognosticating, after all he has such a stellar track record...whether in lax or Covid... :roll:
Don’t forget investment advice.

Buy Gilead! Only down about 20% from when Pete made the recommendation.
:D
DocBarrister

A Speech For The Ages

Post by DocBarrister »

President Obama delivered a speech for the ages.

Former President Barack Obama, hair grayed and manner grave, on Wednesday painted a dire picture of the United States under President Trump, portraying his successor as man unfit, uncaring and unserious who threatens not only the nation’s welfare but also its core democratic institutions.

“This administration has shown it will tear our democracy down if that’s what it takes to win,” Mr. Obama said in one of the most emotional speeches he has ever delivered.

The former president, who has cast aside his initial reluctance to engage with Mr. Trump, worked on the draft of his speech up until nearly the moment he delivered it, in an effort to create a concise indictment of a president who has ridiculed him personally, leveled racist attacks, and sought to erase any trace of Mr. Obama’s policy legacy since taking power.

If Mr. Trump has subjected Mr. Obama to a thousand paper cuts on Twitter, this was one grand rhetorical saber stroke, possibly the most comprehensive denunciation of one president by another in the country’s history.

“I did hope, for the sake of our country, that Donald Trump might show some interest in taking the job seriously; that he might come to feel the weight of the office and discover some reverence for the democracy that had been placed in his care,” said Mr. Obama, speaking from the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia — not far from Independence Hall, where he delivered a far more upbeat address on racial issues in 2008.

“But he never did,” the former president went on. “He’s shown no interest in putting in the work; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves. Donald Trump hasn’t grown into the job because he can’t.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/08/19 ... e=Homepage

DocBarrister :shock:
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:52 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:11 pm His point was that if you're serving in the military, you're "on the taxpayer dole". Okie dokie.
Who are her peers and why don’t they qualify?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 665840002/

Seventy-one percent of young people are ineligible to join the military, according to 2017 Pentagon data. The reasons: obesity, no high school diploma or a criminal record.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Puzzling acceptance speech by Kamala Harris last night.

In her opening she details her families story. Two immigrant parents of color instill in her the promise of America. The values that allow her to rise through layers of power and talent to where she was accepting the role as democrat candidate for Vice President of the United States.

Bravo America and Kamala.

IN THE SAME SPEECH she details the systemic racism and white privilege that makes it impossible for people of color to do what she just said she did.

Just like Oprah and Michelle Obama. Two of the most influential powerful and wealthiest women in the country.

Telling us all how "Ya just can't get ahead in America if your skin is brown or black."

What the heck.
6ftstick

Re: A Speech For The Ages

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:36 pm President Obama delivered a speech for the ages.

Former President Barack Obama, hair grayed and manner grave, on Wednesday painted a dire picture of the United States under President Trump, portraying his successor as man unfit, uncaring and unserious who threatens not only the nation’s welfare but also its core democratic institutions.

“This administration has shown it will tear our democracy down if that’s what it takes to win,” Mr. Obama said in one of the most emotional speeches he has ever delivered.

The former president, who has cast aside his initial reluctance to engage with Mr. Trump, worked on the draft of his speech up until nearly the moment he delivered it, in an effort to create a concise indictment of a president who has ridiculed him personally, leveled racist attacks, and sought to erase any trace of Mr. Obama’s policy legacy since taking power.

If Mr. Trump has subjected Mr. Obama to a thousand paper cuts on Twitter, this was one grand rhetorical saber stroke, possibly the most comprehensive denunciation of one president by another in the country’s history.

“I did hope, for the sake of our country, that Donald Trump might show some interest in taking the job seriously; that he might come to feel the weight of the office and discover some reverence for the democracy that had been placed in his care,” said Mr. Obama, speaking from the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia — not far from Independence Hall, where he delivered a far more upbeat address on racial issues in 2008.

“But he never did,” the former president went on. “He’s shown no interest in putting in the work; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves. Donald Trump hasn’t grown into the job because he can’t.”

Objectively review Trumps record prior to the onslaught of the Chinese Wuhan Virus and compare it to Obamas.

Oh, you can't, cause there's NO COMPARISON!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

4 days until the Republican National Convention starts

40 days until the 1st presidential debate

48 days until the VP debate

56 days until the 2nd presidential debate

63 days until the 3rd presidential debate

75 days until Election Day

https://frontloading.blogspot.com/2020/ ... 81920.html

Joe EC = 383

IMPOTUS EC = 185
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:15 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:36 pm President Obama delivered a speech for the ages.

Objectively review Trumps record prior to the onslaught of the Chinese Wuhan Virus and compare it to Obamas.

Compare how many days they spent on a golf course.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:50 am

What does that have to do with the RECORD.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Trump: 176,000+ dead Americans ... and counting.

Is that objective enough for you?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:51 am

“But he never did,” the former president went on. “He’s shown no interest in putting in the work[/b]; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves. Donald Trump hasn’t grown into the job because he can’t.”

If you want to look at pandemics, Obama faced two.
Trump one, so far.

There's no question as to whose RECORD is worse in how these were handled.

And it's also very clear that Trump doesn't put in the work.
And he cheats in golf, just as he does in every other aspect of his life.

and that's the guy you like??
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:57 am

“But he never did,” the former president went on. “He’s shown no interest in putting in the work[/b]; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves. Donald Trump hasn’t grown into the job because he can’t.”

Trump one, so far.

2 pandemics. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone shut down the FN economy for either?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 am

Trump: 176,000+ dead Americans ... and counting.

Is that objective enough for you?

DocBarrister :?
More than half of the those deaths are in states RUN BY DEMOCRATS

45% of them are in Nursing homes in 5 states.

ALL OF THOSE deaths are the responsibility of the THE CHINESE COMMUNISTS
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 am

Trump one, so far.

Nope...Ebola would have definitely caused such a shutdown but we managed to defeat Ebola in Africa before it got here.
BTW, who ran that effort?
H1N1 did not have the same dynamics of COVID, so the way it was battled was different. But it indeed killed a lot of folks.

Look, Trump has failed miserably to meet this moment.
It's clear as a bell...just look around the world at how so many other countries have done better.

And yet he plays golf...and tweets...and lies...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:25 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 am

Trump one, so far.

Nope...Ebola would have definitely caused such a shutdown but we managed to defeat Ebola in Africa before it got here.
BTW, who ran that effort?
H1N1 did not have the same dynamics of COVID, so the way it was battled was different. But it indeed killed a lot of folks.

Look, Trump has failed miserably to meet this moment.
It's clear as a bell...just look around the world at how so many other countries have done better.

And yet he plays golf...and tweets...and lies...

The TDS is too strong in this one, no hope...next patient, please.

:lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

AP fact checks Michelle’s “Kids in cages” comment:

https://apnews.com/2663c84832a13cdd7a8233becfc7a5f3

:lol: :oops:

Return to “POLITICS”