Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well count me with those who would say those chants back in 2015 weren't ok and indeed hurt the movement at the time.

I don't think those were actually outside agitators, that was just a few folks who even then didn't represent the whole of the movement...and weren't trained in peaceful protesting. There were a bunch of folks working in the ensuing years to deal with community leaders on how protesting can be most effective...witness how non-violent Baltimore was this round as a result. This is always tenuous, as not everyone who is angry is on board with the peaceful tactics and rhetoric.

But there were a heck of a lot of protests this year, dwarfing anything seen back in 2015, and the chants were quite different, though the outrage was much the same.

But we've also had widespread looting, much of which does appear to be a combination of opportunist looters and those seeking maximum division, whether from the far right or the far left.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm Well count me with those who would say those chants back in 2015 weren't ok and indeed hurt the movement at the time.

I don't think those were actually outside agitators, that was just a few folks who even then didn't represent the whole of the movement...and weren't trained in peaceful protesting. There were a bunch of folks working in the ensuing years to deal with community leaders on how protesting can be most effective...witness how non-violent Baltimore was this round as a result. This is always tenuous, as not everyone who is angry is on board with the peaceful tactics and rhetoric.

But there were a heck of a lot of protests this year, dwarfing anything seen back in 2015, and the chants were quite different, though the outrage was much the same.

But we've also had widespread looting, much of which does appear to be a combination of opportunist looters and those seeking maximum division, whether from the far right or the far left.
How many of those people spewing that hatred in 2015 are now a part of the movement today? Who knows? Maybe a few hundred, a few thousand... the point is there are still people that are a part of the movement that hate the police and will do everything in their power to undermine law enforcement whenever possible. There are the majority of BLM protesters that want change. There sadly others that see an opportunity to spread chaos and anger.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm Well count me with those who would say those chants back in 2015 weren't ok and indeed hurt the movement at the time.

How many of those people spewing that hatred in 2015 are now a part of the movement today? Who knows? Maybe a few hundred, a few thousand... the point is there are still people that are a part of the movement that hate the police and will do everything in their power to undermine law enforcement whenever possible. There are the majority of BLM protesters that want change. There sadly others that see an opportunity to spread chaos and anger.
Like this idiot. Who is also a consultant to LA Mayor.

"We're supposed to celebrate today, because an oppressor has been slain," Price said.

"If this is the start of retribution, then I think this is a very good start," he said of the ambush shooting of a young mother and her patrol partner.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:53 pm

"We're supposed to celebrate today, because an oppressor has been slain," Price said.

"If this is the start of retribution, then I think this is a very good start," he said of the ambush shooting of a young mother and her patrol partner.

My guess is the usual suspects on this forum will claim what he said was taken out of context. In a sane world he would not have a job anymore.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 pm

My guess is the usual suspects on this forum will claim what he said was taken out of context. In a sane world he would not have a job anymore.

I can't believe MD, CU77, CU88, DocB, and Disslaxx haven't claimed racism that anyone would call this lunatic out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tency.html

What is wrong with the Democratic Party?!?!? (besides the glaringly obvious)
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm There are the majority of BLM protesters that want change. There sadly others that see an opportunity to spread chaos and anger.
Yep.

A ton of your lived through the 60's.

It's the same story, fellas. Most just wanted us out of that godforsaken war. Some? Revolution.

And as I keep saying the nuttiest of revolutionaries from the 70's? Sold out, and became the Me Generation of the 80's.

And if you think that your parents weren't freaking out over the Weathermen and the Black Panthers? You're not remembering clearly.

BLM is the JV compared to that crew. The American Right has forgotten. Do I need to cite FBI bombing stats in 70's America again?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Another nut. More tripe.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Another nut. More tripe.
Tripe... :lol: I guess next you'll say he's also a hired instigator? :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm There are the majority of BLM protesters that want change. There sadly others that see an opportunity to spread chaos and anger.
Yep.

A ton of your lived through the 60's.

It's the same story, fellas. Most just wanted us out of that godforsaken war. Some? Revolution.

And as I keep saying the nuttiest of revolutionaries from the 70's? Sold out, and became the Me Generation of the 80's.

And if you think that your parents weren't freaking out over the Weathermen and the Black Panthers? You're not remembering clearly.

BLM is the JV compared to that crew. The American Right has forgotten. Do I need to cite FBI bombing stats in 70's America again?

Are Dems still supporting the BLM?

A “trained Marxist” founder of Black Lives Matter has teamed up on a new venture with a pro-Chinese Communist Party organization

https://nypost.com/2020/09/17/blm-co-fo ... rty-group/

I'm starting to think that the lunacy of the Democratic Party is a feature not a bug. Interestingly, almost no Dem wants to discuss the obvious which is when old Joe loses, the Democratic Party will absolutely split in two. It will. I'll be fascinated to see which Fanlax Dems stay with the center left runt party, and which ones go to the far Left prog party, where BLM will be a force. I think MD will be tempted to go to the far left party, but after some hard soul searching, will rejoin the runt Dem party which of course will have zero enthusiasm.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Another nut. More tripe.
Tripe... :lol: I guess next you'll say he's also a hired instigator? :roll:
He’s just another nut. Up until a few days ago, his posts had less than 75 views generally. The past few days have been in the 20k plus range. My guess is they are circulating on right wing media. Keep swallowing the tripe.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:07 pm
Donald Trump is. And so did you. So did Koch Industries, for that matter.

Remember that Federal Prison Reform Bill, Pete? BLM had a seat at that table, and worked together to pass that bill.

Imagine that. All your hysterics can continue, though.....
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:27 pm

Remember that Federal Prison Reform Bill, Pete? BLM had a seat at that table, and worked together to pass that bill.

:lol: :lol: Peter should have paid for a private school education!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Hell is gonna freeze over...that is a compliment towards Trump. :lol:
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Probably so, but there are now many millions who've joined the movement who certainly don't 'hate the police', though they hate the racial insensitivity and violence toward blacks, and they want change. No more putting up with abuse and abusive policing. They also believe that systematic racism is real and that it is no longer enough to 'not be a racist', we need to be actively anti-racist if we are to overcome the systemic legacy.

I agree, and so does Mitt Romney and many millions more...does that mean we 'hate the police'...not at all.

But yeah, there are likely some who want to 'spread chaos and anger'.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:53 pm

That was a good bi-partisan effort.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You and I both know I've made a ton of them, YA. ;)

Trump's Middle East policy, setting aside the Iran nuke pullout? Home run for me. I'm overjoyed, and thrilled for the families of the several hundred troops that are coming home from EU bases.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:05 pm That was a good bi-partisan effort.
Yep. I wish we had more of it....
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

If you want to skip the intro, just go to the 1:00 minute mark. Minneapolis City Council is all of a sudden wondering where the police are, crime sprawling further outwards from city. Proof of the idiocy in this city governments.

Remember this...

Lisa Bender
@lisabendermpls Personal and campaign account for Minneapolis Council President. Official Ward 10 twitter:

Yes. We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department and replace it with a transformative new model of public safety.

~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:18 pm

You and I both know I've made a ton of them, YA. ;)

Trump's Middle East policy, setting aside the Iran nuke pullout? Home run for me. I'm overjoyed, and thrilled for the families of the several hundred troops that are coming home from EU bases.
Agreed.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:05 pm That was a good bi-partisan effort.
Yep. I wish we had more of it....
Would rather divide and utilize grievance politics. I have never witnessed a president In my life that purposely divided the country.

Return to “POLITICS”