Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 pm Operation Legend is not a fix. It's a band aid. It's an indication of failed state & local governance in their primary duty.
Do you really want Los Federales policing out streets, neighborhoods & communities ?
Yes!

What's the REAL problem that we have to deal with----and the police have to deal with-----that other countries don't?

That's right----Federal laws surrounding guns. If it's out of control gun violence? That's on the Feds.

My counter question that gets to the point: do you really want liberal States to ban guns? Answer: they can't ban guns because of the Constitution.

So nope, I have ZERO problem having the Feds help with the hundreds of millions of guns floating around in our cities.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 pm Operation Legend is not a fix. It's a band aid. It's an indication of failed state & local governance in their primary duty.
Do you really want Los Federales policing out streets, neighborhoods & communities ?
Yes!

What's the REAL problem that we have to deal with----and the police have to deal with-----that other countries don't?

That's right----Federal laws surrounding guns. If it's out of control gun violence? That's on the Feds.

My counter question that gets to the point: do you really want liberal States to ban guns? Answer: they can't ban guns because of the Constitution.

So nope, I have ZERO problem having the Feds help with the hundreds of millions of guns floating around in our cities.
paging mr. orwell, mr. george orwell.
please come to the front lobby, and ask for the supervisor.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm
Yes!

I have no idea where it’s headed. I am all for getting illegal guns off the streets. Waaay too many and waaayyy to easy to get for young people. Take the weapons and then do due process. I am all for it.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:03 pm
Yes!

I have no idea where it’s headed. I am all for getting illegal guns off the streets. Waaay too many and waaayyy to easy to get for young people.
agreed!!!!
using tech and abdicating rights?

lazy and be careful what you wish for.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yes!

Meh. We're already doing all this to ourselves. We give away our info and photos to the government---or worse, corporations----- for free every day on Twitter, instagram, etc.

Don't like it? Turn off your stupid twitter account and cellphone. Problem solved. My dad has managed the last 20 years without a cellphone or silly social media account just fine.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm
Yes!

Meh. We're already doing all this to ourselves. We give away our info and photos to the government---or worse, corporations----- for free every day on Twitter, instagram, etc.

Don't like it? Turn off your stupid twitter account and cellphone. Problem solved. My dad has managed the last 20 years without a cellphone or silly social media account just fine.
i'll pass on taking your advice here. i'm well aware of giving that up to a private company.
you want to tell me that means i'm passing it on to the gov't? i disagree.

to each his own!! looks like you'll prolly be right!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:11 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm
Yes!

i'll pass on taking your advice here. i'm well aware of giving that up to a private company.

to each his own!! looks like you'll prolly be right!
Just wait til every learns google is the NSA. :twisted:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:11 pm i'll pass on taking your advice here. i'm well aware of giving that up to a private company.
I would have said that before the Patriot Act passed. If we're REALLY worried about Big Brother? A secret court would be at the top of my list.

Instead? Americans willingly give up their rights. Oh well. The ACLU can only give warnings. It's up to the people to get rid of these dangerous programs.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:11 pm to each his own!! looks like you'll prolly be right!
I'm about 1000 times more concerned about a multinational corporation having my info. than the American government.

For all her faults, I trust America about a million times more than I trust a corporation with heartless shareholders, and nefarious goals.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Yes!

hundreds of millions of guns floating around in our cities.

Soooooooo many gun deaths then? Lotsa neighbors blowing each others brains out over the fence? Not so much

Amongst the criminal class for sure.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

peaceful.jpg
peaceful.jpg (33.35 KiB) Viewed 382 times
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:09 ampeaceful.jpg
God Bless America
Trump - Pence 2020
4 mo’ years
MAGA by VFTA!!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Too good.

:lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:30 am
God Bless America
Trump - Pence 2020
4 mo’ years
MAGA by VFTA!!

TLD chose every square.

:lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:30 am
God Bless America
Trump - Pence 2020
4 mo’ years
MAGA by VFTA!!

TLD chose every square.

:lol:
These are great times!
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:07 am hundreds of millions of guns floating around in our cities.

Soooooooo many gun deaths then? Lotsa neighbors blowing each others brains out over the fence? Not so much
Well....yes. 15,000+ shot and killed last year.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:11 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:07 am hundreds of millions of guns floating around in our cities.

Well....yes. 15,000+ shot and killed last year.
gangsters, criminals the folks you guys enable while trying to take my rights away
Last edited by 6ftstick on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Is it even worth it responding to this idiocy above? Should Holmes pay for the businesses burnt down in Kenosha? Can he?

Kenosha.jpg
Kenosha.jpg (74.35 KiB) Viewed 347 times

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/ ... 781db.html
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:12 amIs it even worth it responding

Return to “POLITICS”