Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by jhu06 »

Impressions of Pietramala
“He’s really turned himself into an Orange person. Boy, I’ll tell you. He’s not happy about the way things went at Hopkins (his departure). He’s all-in, I’ll tell you that.”
-Roy Simmons III
https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse ... jokes.html
Last edited by jhu06 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 am Impressions of Pietramala
“He’s really turned himself into an Orange person. Boy, I’ll tell you. He’s not happy about the way things went at Hopkins (his departure). He’s all-in, I’ll tell you that.”

-Roy Simmons III
Not happy about how things went? That makes all of us!

In all seriousness: I wish Petro well. I truly do. He did so much for this program and will always be a legend at Homewood. But I hope that "revenge" is not a motivating factor for him over there because that'd be kind of petty. He should want to do well for the sake of doing well, not to stick it to the people who fired him. Not like the players or alums had anything to do with how his departure went down. He butted heads with a couple of administrators. That's who his beef should be with.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:32 am

-Roy Simmons III

In all seriousness: I wish Petro well. I truly do. He did so much for this program and will always be a legend at Homewood. But I hope that "revenge" is not a motivating factor for him over there because that'd be kind of petty. He should want to do well for the sake of doing well, not to stick it to the people who fired him. Not like the players or alums had anything to do with how his departure went down. He butted heads with a couple of administrators. That's who his beef should be with.
Publicly, Coach Pietramala has been a class act since his firing by Hopkins.

I would not blame him for feeling mistreated after all that he has given to the Hopkins lacrosse program. A bit of anger would be perfectly natural. I’m sure he will direct those feelings in a productive way in his new job.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:32 am

-Roy Simmons III

Don’t forget who Petro is. He is old school and when you feel you’ve been wronged you carry it and use it as fuel. I can’t imagine how motivated he will be for Hop week at Cuse.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

He also said in there petro is running the strength and conditioning programs which there was some disagreement here on whether that was an issue for Hopkins during his tenure. Cuse is also apparently making big changes to its schedule but no mention of what that means for the hopkins game.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

All the nostalgia and revenge in the world won't win games for 'Cuse. We'll see. I'm happy that PM and staff are putting their heads down and getting to work.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

If that's what he needs to do to motivate himself, fine, but it's more than a little delusional. He had more than a fair number of opportunities to fix things, including 3 mulligans in the last 5 years.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

can't wait to see where this ends up.
a 3rd party said:
- he's all in for the orange, his new team.
- he's not happy about how "things" went at the end. whatever things is.
- he publicly has been nothing but deferential and appreciative of hopkins from his time there.

and the vultures are circling.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:34 pm can't wait to see where this ends up.
a 3rd party said:
- he publicly has been nothing but deferential and appreciative of hopkins from his time there.

The vultures are running out of prey.

Benson has already found success at Maryland.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:45 pm
a 3rd party said:

But again, Benson has the talent to work with now.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

a 3rd party said:

He was asked a very general open-ended question about Petro and that's what he chose to respond with. "Boy I'll tell you"—there's a lot he wants to convey that isn't being explicitly stated. If what this 3rd party said isn't true, or doesn't reflect Petro's motivations, then that guy shouldn't be talking to the media. If Petro is so deferential and appreciative then he can't be thrilled that someone else is talking to the media trying to stir things up on his behalf.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:54 pm
a 3rd party said:

He was asked a very general open-ended question about Petro and that's what he chose to respond with. "Boy I'll tell you"—there's a lot he wants to convey that isn't being explicitly stated. If what this 3rd party said isn't true, or doesn't reflect Petro's motivations, then that guy shouldn't be talking to the media. If Petro is so deferential and appreciative then he can't be thrilled that someone else is talking to the media trying to stir things up on his behalf.
read what was actually said. not what was said in your meaniest interpretation. by someone else.

the stir things up part is right here.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:58 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:54 pm
a 3rd party said:

read what was actually said. not what was said in your meaniest interpretation. by someone else.

the stir things up part is right here.
The fact that is how he chose to answer that question at all tells you all you need to know
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i think you mean you, not me. or is that the figurative you? meaning some hop fans?

ftr, i have a list of hop posters who i know won't take the bait.

moving on, indeed.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:49 pm
a 3rd party said:

I agree 1,000% ! And that tells you what the problem was at Homewood.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:07 pm
a 3rd party said:

not an aggressive enough defense?
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:13 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:07 pm
a 3rd party said:

not an aggressive enough defense?
:lol:
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-Benson had all the talent he could haul in at Hopkins and after some of the gpas and sat scores that some of his recruits at hopkins posted on their recruiting videos (2 point something gpas don't get the rest of us acceptances) I'm skeptical about these claims of a lack of admin support.
-Cuse has been pretty transparent about what's going on up there and what they want to achieve and it's great for the sport. Some people act like lacrosse is a 1920 womens tea that needs strict etiquette and other nonsense. HF16 also hinted at some scheduling changes. We'll see what happens.
-the other poster was right, this feels like it will be one of the quietest fall balls in memory. Staff have long term deals, no "savior of the program"incoming recruit compared to HOFs, no major injury returns, quiet optimism about the end of the season, national pressure and focus on ivy return/cuse/uva/etc, mild expectations for a return to the ncaa tournament and enough to think memorials are w/in reason again.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

be nice to get hop/uva back on the sched.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:01 pm be nice to get hop/uva back on the sched.
Mentioned it in the UVA thread but, I'd expect it back sooner rather than later. Both parties interested
jhu06 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:52 pm HF16 also hinted at some scheduling changes. We'll see what happens.
Not a hint. There will be changes. Don't know them all exactly but 100% there will be at least a few swaps of the usual suspects

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”