JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm Latest Trump Tweets: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 56544?s=20

I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine....
2:12 PM · Sep 24, 2019

....You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!

If he releases the transcripts and there is no there, there.... he wins the next election. I'm calling it. :lol:
If there's no there there, the problem is the Inspector General-----Trump appointed-----not the "Resistance."

He is the one who said, in writing, that there is something there.

Edit to add for Old Salt: This is yet another reason following the Whistleblower Act has value. There are checks and balances built in. It doesn't make it to the Intel Committee if it's a nothingburger.
Last edited by a fan on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Oh - and now Richard Burr of the Senate IC wants to talk with the whistleblower...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

One final addition regarding the "unredacted transcripts" - normally there are no such things, just note taking on what was generally said, and usually written to not embarass the boss with the contents.

Not much of a transcript likely.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm Latest Trump Tweets: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 56544?s=20

I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine....

....You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!

If he releases the transcripts and there is no there, there.... he wins the next election. I'm calling it. :lol:
Transcripts are not enough - need to see whistleblower report and ideally actual recording of phone conversation. You can hide tone and emphasis via a transcript, and it is fairly obvious that the one phone call is not the only operative action here. For example, the hidden holding up of the money Congress had authorized, with bogus reasons to do so (to the point when meeting with Senator Murphy of CT the new president of Ukraine complained about the holdup...).

And there does NOT have to be a specific quid pro quo in such phone call - the holdup of the money is more than enough as the "hammer" in the extortive attempt to get Ukraine to gin up an investigation and manufacture dirt on Biden.
+1

Our elected representatives need to see the whistleblower complaint and hear from the whistleblower. Period.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:29 pm Oh - and now Richard Burr of the Senate IC wants to talk with the whistleblower...
Good and Bipartisan approach to getting the facts

https://news.yahoo.com/senate-intel-pan ... 18049.html
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt

Post by old salt »

Did this WB attend any Georgetown Prep or Yale parties in the '80's ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Old Salt, you're better than this.

Out of this mess that is politics in the US in 2019, the one freaking guy who's following the rules, and the rule of law is this whistleblower.

You should give this person the highest respect. Mocking him/her is beneath you. Aim your fire at worthy targets....there's plenty to shoot at....
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Mocking him/her is beneath you."

We keep thinking and saying this; maybe it's not true; maybe this isn't beneath him.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:54 pm "Mocking him/her is beneath you."

We keep thinking and saying this; maybe it's not true; maybe this isn't beneath him.

It isn’t.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pelosi has opened a formal Impeachment Inquiry, suggesting Trump has done what he’s already admitted. Time for the Trumpers to answer subpoenas. Maybe you can’t hold the door open for foreign interference in our elections.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pelosi said he would Impeach himself. He’s halfway there tonight. The Senate just voted by unanimous consent to see the Whistle Blower complaint. Not just the transcript. Karen Pence suddenly active on Twitter. Hmmm
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:37 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Transcripts are not enough - need to see whistleblower report and ideally actual recording of phone conversation. You can hide tone and emphasis via a transcript, and it is fairly obvious that the one phone call is not the only operative action here. For example, the hidden holding up of the money Congress had authorized, with bogus reasons to do so (to the point when meeting with Senator Murphy of CT the new president of Ukraine complained about the holdup...).

And there does NOT have to be a specific quid pro quo in such phone call - the holdup of the money is more than enough as the "hammer" in the extortive attempt to get Ukraine to gin up an investigation and manufacture dirt on Biden.
+1

Our elected representatives need to see the whistleblower complaint and hear from the whistleblower. Period.
Let's not forget Rudy's involvement.
It's pretty clear that IF Trump didn't expressly imply some sort of quid pro quo in this particular call, in which he's already admitted he pushed for Ukraine to investigate Biden, Rudy had additional discussions on the topic. None of that is protected by attorney-client privilege.

Bottomline, the request for a foreign state to investigate a political adversary is a very serious abuse of power.
Beyond the pale.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump will accept no oversight. On anything. All hail King Donald.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I expect the "transcript" will be far less than a verbatim record like you get with a court stenographer. And who will actually believe what Trump and Barr release? We've seen them do this before.

The full WB complaint (without BS redactions) is way more relevant.

Anyone know the chances that there's actually a recording of Trump's phone call?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:29 pm

If there's no there there, the problem is the Inspector General-----Trump appointed-----not the "Resistance."

He is the one who said, in writing, that there is something there.

Edit to add for Old Salt: This is yet another reason following the Whistleblower Act has value. There are checks and balances built in. It doesn't make it to the Intel Committee if it's a nothingburger.
I am not defending Trump in my next comments, but it is my understanding that the WB Act laws are on the books to primarily protect the WB....yes, I understand what the WB says must follow proper channels through the gov't, BUT when it involves a sitting POTUS I have heard that the path travels only but so far, primarily because it may hinder our nations ability to perform their assigned duties with others or jeopardize any current American diplomacy activities.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The principal purpose of the WB law is to protect the WB’er and allow her or his complaints to be evaluated with care, by the right people (you know, in a democracy), and without fear of retaliation.

The DNI basically screwed all those things up.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I am not defending Trump in my next comments, but it is my understanding that the WB Act laws are on the books to primarily protect the WB....yes, I understand what the WB says must follow proper channels through the gov't, BUT when it involves a sitting POTUS I have heard that the path travels only but so far, primarily because it may hinder our nations ability to perform their assigned duties with others or jeopardize any current American diplomacy activities.
My understanding is that the IC inspector general understands exactly how this is supposed to work. And he said -- duh -- turn the forking report over to Congress.

This only got forked up when toady DNI and toady AG got involved to stonewall what was clearly supposed to happen here.

Fortunately, the toady position didn't hold up for long. Rule of law wins.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:47 pm I am not defending Trump in my next comments, but it is my understanding that the WB Act laws are on the books to primarily protect the WB....yes, I understand what the WB says must follow proper channels through the gov't, BUT when it involves a sitting POTUS I have heard that the path travels only but so far......
That certainly was Nixon's argument. That's what you're going with here?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:47 pm I am not defending Trump in my next comments, but it is my understanding that the WB Act laws are on the books to primarily protect the WB....yes, I understand what the WB says must follow proper channels through the gov't, BUT when it involves a sitting POTUS I have heard that the path travels only but so far......
That certainly was Nixon's argument. That's what you're going with here?
He’s obviously part of the “Burn the tapes!” crowd. ;)

Trump is in serious trouble here. Have yet to hear a Republican state that coercing a foreign leader to dig dirt on a political opponent is in any way acceptable. Even the corrupt and dishonest Faux News isn’t going there.

Trump just shot someone on 5th Avenue. We’ll see how the Party of Stupid reacts.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”