2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - Desperate Don is Panicking

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:15 am https://fortworthbusiness.com/news/repo ... ng-delays/

Yeppers, smooth sailing for the 2020 election... no problems on the horizon at all. 8-)
Yes, it is now totally clear that the President is using the postal service to disenfranchise ordinary citizens. And not really a peep from Republicans in Congress, with the exception, so far, of Susan Collins and Romney. And this is well apart from needed checks, medicines, etc., that arrive by mail.

One problem with this months-long strategy of discrediting the election he is running in (with every conceivable advantage of incumbency), the manner in which people are voting, and the obvious use of the USPS to discredit and extinguish votes: If Trump were to win reelection, the questions about his legitimacy would be overwhelming. Much more than the last time around, where he won the Electoral College and lost the popular vote. If you think the resistance to his Presidency was strong this time, just wait.

This is what a vote for Trump endorses. There's really no credible argument to the contrary.
I agree with you 100% The news this morning said Trump is willing to give the post office money if the dems give him what he wants on the covid deal. Some folks would call that blackmail. If it is not sorted out quickly this years election could be an unmitigated disaster that could tear this country apart.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Pretty good article on the President's efforts to destabilize the election, disenfranchise voters, and rig the election:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... on/615034/
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:45 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 pm BLM, Antifa and all it's components, Cancel Culture, Virtue Signaling, Defund (abolish) Police, Culture Warriors, White Privilege/Fragility, Sanctuary Cities, Open borders, etc., etc. Do you endorse these things a fan?
No. What I was referring to are the obvious consequences of FINALLY allowing minorities to attend college outside of token numbers.

So in 1980? 83% of all kids in college were white.

It's down to 56%, and still dropping.

You can't have that without some serious social and cultural changes.

So when I ---and quite a few here---- hear complaints about cultural change? What I hear is that white Americans are freaked out that other voices are being heard. Voices that they don't recognize, so it makes them uncomfortable.

Recognize it for what it is.....America is hearing from new voices. No big deal. Or go right ahead and panic...whatever works. ;)

As for your laundry list?

Cancel culture was called boycotts when you were a kid. Happened all the time. Or, heaven forbid, you come out as gay? Your family, business and everything else would "cancel" you. Immediately. Not a new thing.

Open borders? Maybe next time Republicans will get off their *sses and pass a bill. You don't get to have total control of government for two years, not lift a finger to fix immigration....and then whine like a baby about "open borders". Fix the problem, or stop whining. Pick one.

Virtue signaling? Oh yeah, that's new. You would NEVER signal your worth or virtue in you day, right? That you did the right things. That you thought the right thoughts. That you listened to right bands. Joined the right teams. Went to the right church. :roll: Please. This ain't new.

Defund the police-----yeah, I keep forgetting about how you, 6ft and other righties think that government is too small, and doesn't have any management problems or problems with waste and fraud. We should TOTALLY spend more on government, and ignore red flags that there are any problems at any level of government. It's 100% normal to PAY the government to murder citizens in broad daylight, and boy, when i heard about that murder? I thought to myself "wow, just when I thought government couldn't be more flawlesss...." :lol: So yeah, I'm on board. Don't bother fixing police departments, tech. They're perfect.

Sanctuary cities? Vehemently against them. Get off your *sses and fix the problem. Like Trump, Obama had governmental control for two years. They could have fixed immigration. They didn't. So stop whining, and follow Federal law.
If we're going to discuss issues, I suggest you stop conflating things at times but then separating them others in order to make your point. It makes for sloppy and confused communication. First you state " it's kids being kids" and "same as it ever was" to stating all sorts of reasons as to why things have changed. BTW, no f'ing kidding!... you're stating the obvious, big time. Of course there is social/cultural change over time... that was my original point... things are different now. Capeesh?

And no one is panicking (more disingenuous bullsh!t from you). My daughter goes to a diverse HS and I'm quite comfortable with that. The idiocy that goes on regarding the continued suppression of free speech on campuses isn't apparent at her HS, thank goodness.

Despite your effort to color my experiences, lily white, to label me in some way, I played sports in both HS and college with black and brown teammates. I was assigned to live in International House on campus my first two years before moving off campus with lax buddies as a junior. While working in NYC for 20 years I experienced several different work environments, some diverse, some not so diverse. I was comfortable with all of it and did just fine.

So yes a fan, of course "other voices" should be heard but what they're saying and their methods is the issue. If other people's rights are being trampled on by the "other voices" in the room and in society, that's a real problem. Oh my, did I just panic? :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Good post 6.

In other news, obviously the NY PBA endorsed Trump. What was more interesting than the endorsement were the words of the head of the PBA which I believe rings true all across the country:

"I have been a cop for 36 years. I cannot remember when we have ever endorsed for the office of President of the United States until now,” Lynch said to cheers. “That’s how important this is, Mr. President, we’re fighting for our lives out there. We don’t want this to spread to the rest of the country. We need your strong voice across the country.”

Dems are now anti-police. That is true in NYC and other major cities where the Dem birdbrains don't understand the fine line you need to walk between a civil society and giving cops carte blanche. Dems have now chosen to literally antagonize the cops, so violence has escalated. Baltimore with Marilyn Mosby was the canary in the coal mine. Bold strategy, Cotton; let's see if it pays off. :roll:

If you don't think every female voter (up until now a likely Dem voter) isn't noticing the uptick in violent crime in cities controlled by Dems (increasing because Dems have chosen to literally put cops in harm's way), you have your head in the sand.

And I am sure that most Fanlax Dems, in the cocooned echo-chamber safety of their suburbia home typing on the internet, won't acknowledge what even a 5 year old can: nothing else matters when society is dangerous.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

tech37 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:31 amI suggest you stop conflating things at times but then separating them others in order to make your point. It makes for sloppy and confused communication.
Aww, witness the perfect example of someone's "argument" being dismantled and disproven every which way from Sunday, from the broad stroke issues, down to specifics, trashing each specific example thrown up to "make a point", and the guy whose position is being drubbed like a speedbag is whining victimhood. Nothing remotely confusing about what's being communicated here.

"Panicking" is throwing around all your labels and attempting to use them to tar your political opposites...it worked nicely on Hillary, and the "panic mode" you people use to further the phony Cultural War issues continue major league with this Branding King at the head of your party.

Yeah, it's panic...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:52 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:31 amI suggest you stop conflating things at times but then separating them others in order to make your point. It makes for sloppy and confused communication.
Aww, witness the perfect example of someone's "argument" being dismantled and disproven every which way from Sunday, from the broad stroke issues, down to specifics, trashing each specific example thrown up to "make a point", and the guy whose position is being drubbed like a speedbag is whining victimhood. Nothing remotely confusing about what's being communicated here.

"Panicking" is throwing around all your labels and attempting to use them to tar your political opposites...it worked nicely on Hillary, and the "panic mode" you people use to further the phony Cultural War issues continue major league with this Branding King at the head of your party.

Yeah, it's panic...

"Panicking" is throwing around all your labels and attempting to use them to tar your political opposites

The republicans must be taking a page out of the democratic playbook. :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:27 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:52 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:49 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:39 pm :lol: Holy sh!t a fan... you're the one who said "same as it ever was" but then cite, when I went to school, to say why things have changed. You really are full of sh!t, do you realize that?
:lol: No, you just don't want to listen.

There are annoying libs on campus-----same as it ever was.

I recognized that you're older....I forget sometimes...so I asked what years were you in college.

1970's, early 80's, right? You mentioned that there was no racial unrest at your campus.

Think for a second, for heaven's sake. Even with the same libs on campus-----what's the makeup of those libs in 2020 vs. what it looked like in the 1970's, or even 1980's?

What HAS changed? BLM, Antifa and all it's components, Cancel Culture, Virtue Signaling, Defund (abolish) Police, Culture Warriors, White Privilege/Fragility, Sanctuary Cities, Open borders, etc., etc. Do you endorse these things a fan?
What is wrong with Black Lives Matter? What is it that you oppose? I understand those other items but what is it about Black Lives Matter that caused you to lump it with those other things?
This has already been discussed. IMO, BLM is a sham organization, starting with what they call themselves, which is a complete misnomer. We only hear from them when something is politically advantageous for the organization, meanwhile, countless black and brown people are murdered daily across the nation, and we hear nothing from them.

If you tell me they are against police brutality (which obviously needs to be addressed) that's fine but why stop there if your motives are sincere?

If it hasn't been changed, their Mission Statement states things that emphasizes their political and counter culture nature, not to mention that some of their leaders are self-proclaimed Marxists. Read it and figure it out if you haven't already.

Thousands of people (including many white) came out to protest Floyd's murder displaying Black Lives Matter wherever possible. You do realize that that had nothing to do with the organization itself? Just more reason I find their name deceptive/dishonest.
I was referring to the movement itself. I don’t know much about the BLM organization. Where are their offices? YOU only hear from them when it’s on the news you mean? You were probably against the anti-apartheid movement as well. Given all the diversity you have been around, it should be easily to call up 15-20 lifelong friends of color and get their opinion. I can. Have a good Saturday chief. BTW, is that “diverse” HS in CT and if so, is it an all girls school?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:19 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:39 pm :lol: Holy sh!t a fan... you're the one who said "same as it ever was" but then cite, when I went to school, to say why things have changed. You really are full of sh!t, do you realize that?

I recognized that you're older....I forget sometimes...so I asked what years were you in college.

1970's, early 80's, right? You mentioned that there was no racial unrest at your campus.

Think for a second, for heaven's sake. Even with the same libs on campus-----what's the makeup of those libs in 2020 vs. what it looked like in the 1970's, or even 1980's?

What HAS changed? BLM, Antifa and all it's components, Cancel Culture, Virtue Signaling, Defund (abolish) Police, Culture Warriors, White Privilege/Fragility, Sanctuary Cities, Open borders, etc., etc. Do you endorse these things a fan?
What is wrong with Black Lives Matter? What is it that you oppose? I understand those other items but what is it about Black Lives Matter that caused you to lump it with those other things?
This has already been discussed. IMO, BLM is a sham organization, starting with what they call themselves, which is a complete misnomer. We only hear from them when something is politically advantageous for the organization, meanwhile, countless black and brown people are murdered daily across the nation, and we hear nothing from them.

If you tell me they are against police brutality (which obviously needs to be addressed) that's fine but why stop there if your motives are sincere?

If it hasn't been changed, their Mission Statement states things that emphasizes their political and counter culture nature, not to mention that some of their leaders are self-proclaimed Marxists. Read it and figure it out if you haven't already.

Thousands of people (including many white) came out to protest Floyd's murder displaying Black Lives Matter wherever possible. You do realize that that had nothing to do with the organization itself? Just more reason I find their name deceptive/dishonest.
I was referring to the movement itself. I don’t know much about the BLM organization. Where are their offices? YOU only hear from them when it’s on the news you mean? You were probably against the anti-apartheid movement as well. Have a good Saturday chief.
The name of the organization should define their mission statement. IMO that does not seem to be the case.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:22 am

I was referring to the movement itself. I don’t know much about the BLM organization. Where are their offices? YOU only hear from them when it’s on the news you mean? You were probably against the anti-apartheid movement as well. Have a good Saturday chief.
The name of the organization should define their mission statement. IMO that does not seem to be the case.
Have a nice Saturday.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:23 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:22 am

Have a nice Saturday.
You do as well, stay safe.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:51 am If you don't think every female voter (up until now a likely Dem voter) isn't noticing the uptick in violent crime in cities controlled by Dems (increasing because Dems have chosen to literally put cops in harm's way), you have your head in the sand.

"I have been a cop for 36 years. I cannot remember when we have ever endorsed for the office of President of the United States until now,” Lynch said to cheers. “That’s how important this is, Mr. President, we’re fighting for our lives out there. We don’t want this to spread to the rest of the country. We need your strong voice across the country.”
Agreed, safety is moving up the leaderboard rather quickly, and if the dem ticket do not recognize it, (which they likely will not) it will be what breaks their back. Afan and I were discussing the issue of city folks rolling out to urban and suburbia america...why?, he wrote primarily for for schools was their #1 reason, but overlooked safety as the true number 1.

Now Fauci has said it is safe to vote in person just as it is safe to grocery shop,

“For example, when you look at going to a grocery store now in many regions and counties and cities that are doing it correctly, they have ‘X’s every six or more feet. And it says, Don't leave this spot until the person in front of you left their spot,” Fauci said. “And you can do that, if you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don't have a crowded situation, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that.”

“I mean, obviously if you're a person who is compromised physically or otherwise, you don't want to take the chance,” he added. “There's the situation of mail-in voting that has been done for years in many places. So there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to vote in person or otherwise.”

My opinion...he too, realizes the virus' propaganda is causing unintended consequences that are beginning to make us circle the drain. I suspect he is attempting to insert himself a bit more as the "science god" to get the media to back the eff off....we'll see.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:25 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:51 am If you don't think every female voter (up until now a likely Dem voter) isn't noticing the uptick in violent crime in cities controlled by Dems (increasing because Dems have chosen to literally put cops in harm's way), you have your head in the sand.

Agreed, safety is moving up the leaderboard rather quickly, and if the dem ticket do not recognize it, (which they likely will not) it will be what breaks their back. Afan and I were discussing the issue of city folks rolling out to urban and suburbia america...why?, he wrote primarily for for schools was their #1 reason, but overlooked safety as the true number 1.

Now Fauci has said it is safe to vote in person just as it is safe to grocery shop,

“For example, when you look at going to a grocery store now in many regions and counties and cities that are doing it correctly, they have ‘X’s every six or more feet. And it says, Don't leave this spot until the person in front of you left their spot,” Fauci said. “And you can do that, if you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don't have a crowded situation, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that.”

“I mean, obviously if you're a person who is compromised physically or otherwise, you don't want to take the chance,” he added. “There's the situation of mail-in voting that has been done for years in many places. So there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to vote in person or otherwise.”

My opinion...he too, realizes the virus' propaganda is causing unintended consequences that are beginning to make us circle the drain. I suspect he is attempting to insert himself a bit more as the "science god" to get the media to back the eff off....we'll see.

Last night in Seattle:

Marauding Democrat antifa black bloc in Seattle smash up property as they march around the city. People watch in disbelief. No police.

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/12 ... 15200?s=21
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Photo taken in Wisconsin. This is happening right before our eyes. They are sabotaging USPS to sabotage vote by mail. This is massive voter suppression and part of their plan to steal the election.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1294583096663314438

from Mia Farrow
@MiaFarrow

tRUMP to steal the election. Let's see the forum "principled" right wingers demand an end to this reich wing government tyranny.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:49 am Photo taken in Wisconsin. This is happening right before our eyes. They are sabotaging USPS to sabotage vote by mail. This is massive voter suppression and part of their plan to steal the election.

tRUMP to steal the election. Let's see the forum "principled" right wingers demand an end to this reich wing government tyranny.

Gonna hurt Brook’s cranium to learn that under Obama, 14,000 mailboxes were removed. It’s called ‘cost cutting’.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:36 am

Last night in Seattle:

Marauding Democrat antifa black bloc in Seattle smash up property as they march around the city. People watch in disbelief. No police.

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/12 ... 15200?s=21

Actually, they are undercover Republican QAnon & Three Percenters. The umbrellas are a giveaway just like we saw in Minneapolis.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

California lawmakers propose a first-in-the-nation state wealth tax. They even want to make the tax retroactive. :lol:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/ne ... 482011.php

You probably think they’re only after Zuck. :lol: When the income tax was first implemented, the rate was 1%.

Vote down any Democrat who runs, even for dogcatcher. They are squarely against America.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:53 am
Gonna hurt Brook’s cranium to learn that under Obama, 14,000 mailboxes were removed. It’s called ‘cost cutting’.

Gee, did your heroes in Fo卐 report this just before the elections or after the ballots were mailed in?

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:49 am This is happening right before our eyes.
Agreed...we are witnessing first hand your inability to even google something first to learn about it.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/aug/1 ... tion-boxe/

https://www.uspsoig.gov/blog/where-have ... boxes-gone

from 2016....
Mail collection boxes are practically as American as apple pie. They also seem to be disappearing as quickly as mom’s homemade apple pie.

Nationally, the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past 5 years. Some customers have complained the U.S. Postal Service has gone too far and removed too many collection boxes in neighborhoods. They’ve also questioned whether this effort is saving USPS money in the long run.

Does that mean we should blame BHO? :lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

I was referring to the movement itself. I don’t know much about the BLM organization. Where are their offices? YOU only hear from them when it’s on the news you mean? You were probably against the anti-apartheid movement as well. Given all the diversity you have been around, it should be easily to call up 15-20 lifelong friends of color and get their opinion. I can. Have a good Saturday chief. BTW, is that “diverse” HS in CT and if so, is it an all girls school?
:D Ah, the word from the Fanlax global ambassador...

I guess I should have insisted my parents send me to school in South Africa... I could have been so much more worldly. I have a couple close friends I keep in touch with, as opposed to many acquaintances. No, I don't live in CT anymore.

Didn't your son attend Princeton?... that's quite a privilege isn't it?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Last edited by Brooklyn on Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”