All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:38 pm
In your anger you missed the point completely.

Now that the virus has inflicted pain on a true liberal subset everything will have to be dropped and a plan put in place immediately to make that subset whole.
First of all, I'm not mad. I'm laughing at Pete's sad worldview. Dems bad, Republicans good....all while drooling on his shows and mumbling "brains! I need to eat brains!"

Second of all........ :lol: Riiiiiight. Because liberals don't work in hospitals. Or are cops. Or are first responders. I like this paranoid idea of yours and Pete's. Five minutes ago, you were complaining that the entire media was liberal.

Now you're telling me that nope, the media ISN'T liberal. And this media didn't care about the virus until one nightclub circuit in Florida got hit with the virus. And you and Pete are telling your classmates that NOW they care about the virus? :lol:

That's your theory here, huh?

Facepalm
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:28 pm https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20062463v1
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/17/santa-c ... pread.html

santa clara study is out on serological tests. they suggest infection rate may be 50-85x what was caught. frankly, that makes sense to me on its face given california's highway to china and low numbers. other studies in town in italy i've referenced, a town in germany and in telluride are listed in the preprint.

if in fact these all turn out to be accurate measures (i'm sure we'll have more), it is very good news. case fatality is much lower, as one example.

BUT, this particular study solicited people thru facebook. so all it would take is a small percentage of people that thought they may have had something flu-like undetected to way skew the numbers, volunteer to join in the study. straight bias. among other possible errors.

in the meantime, the WHO stressing today that serological tests do not mean immunity, for some reason we have no idea... and shanghai reporting post recovery patients have some showing antibodies, others do not.

all coin flips right now.
But the numbers still only represent a few percent of the Santa Clara population (roughly 3%). Means a lot of susceptible people out there still...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:47 pm California Gov. Gavin Newsom announces an economic recovery committee that includes four former governors including Jerry Brown and Arnold Schwarzenegger and executives such as Apple CEO Tim Cook. It will be chaired by former presidential candidate Tom Steyer
Arnold Schwarzenegger .........former Governor? What planet are you on. Was Sylvester Stallone Former Gov. of Pennsylvannia?

In what world would someone elect movie star,action hero? Jason Stathem PM of England too.......come on. Where did you get this "news" from, the onion?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:14 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 am
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:24 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 pm https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/coro ... 19/573261/
^^^
this is how remdesivir works... essentially, it fakes the virus into thinking it's one if its building blocks to replicate, and by inserting itself into that chain with a fake building block it prevents it from replicating and the sequence can't/isn't able to copy.
Thanks for this. It is great the potential it may be showing. The virus itself has a huge genome for a virus, 27-32 Kb and as such it seems to have proof reading capabilities. Is that is the case, I would imagine it is just a matter of overwhelming the proof reading capability by flooding with a chain stopping analog and then allowing the normal immune response to clear the virus? Is that how you would read it?
i read several smart guy to layman articles about a month ago and yes, that was a takeaway.
also that it may help alert the immune system to get ready, we've got a problem... and then win the race. could be just buys it time enough.
maybe i'll find one of them later.
in the interim, i'll post an article a little more technical from the same guy holmes referenced on manufacture, how binding may be better than it was with ebola.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/04/15/re ... bola-14716
Yeah, I read that one after the production piece. Interesting stuff(V-max and K-m are not my favorite cup of tea). IT would make sense as to why it works in Corona and not Ebola. I'd like to read the ones you have found.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/16/rem ... ronavirus/
here was one from stat news. writer not an m.d. but does a good job re: many aspects about timeline events, drug capabilities.
also mentions NCH, which i didn't pick up on before but have lately.
Thank you for this. I looked into NCH a bit. Interesting as well. All I can say is that there are some really smart people working on this. There is stuff being done that really is scientifically mind blowing.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:54 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:38 pm
In your anger you missed the point completely.

Now that the virus has inflicted pain on a true liberal subset everything will have to be dropped and a plan put in place immediately to make that subset whole.
First of all, I'm not mad. I'm laughing at Pete's sad worldview. Dems bad, Republicans good....all while drooling on his shows and mumbling "brains! I need to eat brains!"

Second of all........ :lol: Riiiiiight. Because liberals don't work in hospitals. Or are cops. Or are first responders. I like this paranoid idea of yours and Pete's. Five minutes ago, you were complaining that the entire media was liberal.

Now you're telling me that nope, the media ISN'T liberal. And this media didn't care about the virus until one nightclub circuit in Florida got hit with the virus. And you and Pete are telling your classmates that NOW they care about the virus? :lol:

That's your theory here, huh?

Facepalm
Sarcasm. Remember that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:08 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:57 am Oh my!

Once this story blowsup in the media, America will be forced to get back to work. The LGBTQ community adversely affected by COVID19

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lgbtq-par ... rus-crisis

I find this to be the strangest effing article. Every bar and restaurant faces the same setbacks as bars and restaurants that cater to gay people do. What's the point of the article, other than once again to define people strictly by where they stick their weenie (and presumably some folks are more deserving of help than others...)? Pathetic.
:lol: More whinybabypeepants media nonsense from you.

You keep doing this on the forum. You swear up and down that the most important amendment to you is the 1st Amendment. Yet easily half your posts are complaints about writers writing about whatever the heck they want to write about.

Do you need to read the 1st Amendment again, or something?

BTW, if you actually read the article, the centerpiece is a specific LGBTQ event where several in attendance tested positive for Covid. And apparently, writing about this is bad.

Neat. Write your governor. Ask him about censoring these media outlets. Then maybe you'll stop complaining about people exercising free speech. :roll:

First Amendment... :lol:

My post was definitely not about virtue signaling run amok. :shock:

Let me know when you find the article that says "Straight People Party Scene Confronts ‘Devastating’ Coronavirus Crisis".
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Just according to local media outlets around here, still 83 new cases and 26 deaths an hour while the friggin federal state and local governments want me to go out and about from The Pause to Reopening.

And there are plenty dead in their homes that are not in count yet since no one is around to check in on them.

Going to be more like the friggin Purge around here.

Friggin idiots are in charge of local state and federal governments right now.
The parent, not the coach.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:58 pm Let me know when you find the article that says "Straight People Party Scene Confronts ‘Devastating’ Coronavirus Crisis".
Uh oh. Petey thinks writers shouldn't be allowed write about things happening in the LGBTQ community. And if these writer's do this...they're wrong.

Any other groups that have this limitation for you, Petey? Lacrosse for instance? Should we scrub the threads that discuss what the virus is doing to D1 lacrosse programs?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:58 pm Let me know when you find the article that says "Straight People Party Scene Confronts ‘Devastating’ Coronavirus Crisis".
Uh oh. Petey thinks writers shouldn't be allowed write about things happening in the LGBTQ community. And if these writer's do this...they're wrong.

Any other groups that have this limitation for you, Petey? Lacrosse for instance? Should we scrub the threads that discuss what the virus is doing to D1 lacrosse programs?

OH as you know I don't care at all what anyone writes. A touch of mockery sets the table just about right every time.

That being said, did you find the article I was seeking, or are we concerned only with LGBTQ bars? Just looking for the rule book here.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:57 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:14 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 am
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:24 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 pm https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/coro ... 19/573261/
^^^
this is how remdesivir works... essentially, it fakes the virus into thinking it's one if its building blocks to replicate, and by inserting itself into that chain with a fake building block it prevents it from replicating and the sequence can't/isn't able to copy.
Thanks for this. It is great the potential it may be showing. The virus itself has a huge genome for a virus, 27-32 Kb and as such it seems to have proof reading capabilities. Is that is the case, I would imagine it is just a matter of overwhelming the proof reading capability by flooding with a chain stopping analog and then allowing the normal immune response to clear the virus? Is that how you would read it?
i read several smart guy to layman articles about a month ago and yes, that was a takeaway.
also that it may help alert the immune system to get ready, we've got a problem... and then win the race. could be just buys it time enough.
maybe i'll find one of them later.
in the interim, i'll post an article a little more technical from the same guy holmes referenced on manufacture, how binding may be better than it was with ebola.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/04/15/re ... bola-14716
Yeah, I read that one after the production piece. Interesting stuff(V-max and K-m are not my favorite cup of tea). IT would make sense as to why it works in Corona and not Ebola. I'd like to read the ones you have found.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/16/rem ... ronavirus/
here was one from stat news. writer not an m.d. but does a good job re: many aspects about timeline events, drug capabilities.
also mentions NCH, which i didn't pick up on before but have lately.
Thank you for this. I looked into NCH a bit. Interesting as well. All I can say is that there are some really smart people working on this. There is stuff being done that really is scientifically mind blowing.
Yep. Leave it to scientists. Keep the politicians out.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: You don't care what people write, Petey? It's like half of your complaints here! You won't shut up about your media complaints!

And it's not my fault you take issue that writers are covering LGBTQ issues. If it bothers you so much, send the writer an email.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

.@brianschatz says of call w/ Pence: “They are just working towards trying to survive the news cycle, not figuring out what the country needs and working towards that. And it’s crystal clear that they are giving up and saying “we’ve failed here, so governors, you figure it out.””
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:09 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:02 pm

OH as you know I don't care at all what anyone writes. A touch of mockery sets the table just about right every time.

That being said, did you find the article I was seeking, or are we concerned only with LGBTQ bars? Just looking for the rule book here.
Is there a different liquor board application for alphabet bars? Board of Health have a different designation too?

Seems like it's more "market testing" ....see which pretend CONservatives pick up on the story. Pete........and his ilk prove them right. Helps set up the narrative, that is already building.

"...affects the poor....."

always does

".....affects the blacks...."

based on what data?

"....affects the lbgtkaqu community more...."

based on what data?

is the narrative....'"see, he is bad, hates them all"
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/politics ... index.html

I know....which areas and prove it’s because stay at home orders are lax. I am not going to prove that playing in traffic is dangerous. I will just assume it is.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:58 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:08 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:57 am Oh my!

Once this story blowsup in the media, America will be forced to get back to work. The LGBTQ community adversely affected by COVID19

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lgbtq-par ... rus-crisis

I find this to be the strangest effing article. Every bar and restaurant faces the same setbacks as bars and restaurants that cater to gay people do. What's the point of the article, other than once again to define people strictly by where they stick their weenie (and presumably some folks are more deserving of help than others...)? Pathetic.
:lol: More whinybabypeepants media nonsense from you.

You keep doing this on the forum. You swear up and down that the most important amendment to you is the 1st Amendment. Yet easily half your posts are complaints about writers writing about whatever the heck they want to write about.

Do you need to read the 1st Amendment again, or something?

BTW, if you actually read the article, the centerpiece is a specific LGBTQ event where several in attendance tested positive for Covid. And apparently, writing about this is bad.

Neat. Write your governor. Ask him about censoring these media outlets. Then maybe you'll stop complaining about people exercising free speech. :roll:

First Amendment... :lol:

My post was definitely not about virtue signaling run amok. :shock:

Let me know when you find the article that says "Straight People Party Scene Confronts ‘Devastating’ Coronavirus Crisis".
Really cold outside today but I don't think H*LL has frozen over yet.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Darwin's, "Survival of the Fittest", comes to mind; except, when the fittest aren't too bright!
The parent, not the coach.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... t-21882132 I just read this, any truth to this or are we now in conspiracy theory land?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 pm https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... t-21882132 I just read this, any truth to this or are we now in conspiracy theory land?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health ... spartanntp

Time will tell.
“I wish you would!”
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 pm https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... t-21882132 I just read this, any truth to this or are we now in conspiracy theory land?
I could only read part of it because of connection issues, but I don't think it changes much. The virus was already in animals for a while before infecting people, and perhaps the origin was farther south, originally, than Wuhan. The big takeaway is that there is no evidence for the "released from a Wuhan lab" idea. Basically, I think they just traced the origins back earlier. (You know, like when they found out that the Spanish Flu came from the US -- or at least North America).

Following on yesterday's good news:
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... s-covid-19

Evidently it is a hard drug to make. But results so far quite promising. And not causing arrhythmias like chloroquine!

Return to “POLITICS”