Navy 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
old salt

Re: Navy 2023

Post by old salt »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:30 pm I wouldn't be surprised if 24 was back on the field for considerable PT. Amplo is willing to "make considerable changes" and players will just have to "accept their roles" So look for 9, 10 and 24 to get considerable time. I personally think that 2, 10 and 14 should be on the field for considerable time.
What is your basis for that prediction ? 24 wasn't even in uniform the last 2 games.
Except for 24's brief appearance vs BU, 2's started & played the entirety of the past 5 games.
You want to reduce 9's playing time in favor of 14 ?
lorin

Post by lorin »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:53 pm
TheGoat1999 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:30 pm 1. Army (Amplo has completely lost the confidence of the team and his health issues are a serious concern)
2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy
5. Army, but Navy wing play will make it interesting
6. Army has taken the time to build a strong foundation and invested in each players development

I wouldn't be surprised if 24 was back on the field for considerable PT. Amplo is willing to "make considerable changes" and players will just have to "accept their roles" So look for 9, 10 and 24 to get considerable time. I personally think that 2, 10 and 14 should be on the field for considerable time.

I am sick and tired of hearing about Amplo kicking the entire TEAM out of practice, being unprofessional with degrading remarks about individual players in front of the team, looking the other way on players conduct on/off the field and NOT treating his staff with more respect.

Head/Heart is always with the MIDS. This turd is getting nutty.
Okay. We get it. You wish Amplo were gone. But four-straight wins, and you think he has lost the confidence of the team!?
Yes he could learn a lot from watching Alberici.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

lorin wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:57 am
TheGoat1999 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:30 pm 1. Army (Amplo has completely lost the confidence of the team and his health issues are a serious concern)
2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy
6. Army has taken the time to build a strong foundation and invested in each players development

I wouldn't be surprised if 24 was back on the field for considerable PT. Amplo is willing to "make considerable changes" and players will just have to "accept their roles" So look for 9, 10 and 24 to get considerable time. I personally think that 2, 10 and 14 should be on the field for considerable time.

I am sick and tired of hearing about Amplo kicking the entire TEAM out of practice, being unprofessional with degrading remarks about individual players in front of the team, looking the other way on players conduct on/off the field and NOT treating his staff with more respect.

Okay. We get it. You wish Amplo were gone. But four-straight wins, and you think he has lost the confidence of the team!?
Alberici might be better. But for those of you who want Amplo gone, your argument isn't valid unless you name any realistic possibilities.
lorin

Post by lorin »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:03 am
2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy

Alberici might be better. But for those of you who want Amplo gone, your argument isn't valid unless you name any realistic possibilities.
I think Taylor Wray St Joe would be a great fit.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

lorin wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:08 am
2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy

He might be. However, I wouldn't be surprised if, like fellow Dukies Kevin Cassese(Lehigh) and Dan Chemotti(Richmond), he stays right where he is until the Duke job opens. I wouldn't doubt Duke is the dream job for all three of those guys.
courtdog

Post by courtdog »

2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy

A Canadian to lead the United States Naval Academy lol not sure that would go over well
lorin

Post by lorin »

courtdog wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:19 am
2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy

A Canadian to lead the United States Naval Academy lol not sure that would go over well
2 words Rachel Levine, anything is possible
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: You summarized it nicely.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DongDenMt

Post by DongDenMt »

Joe gone ? :-)

He and his staff are working with their second recruited class.

The Tolker class was contacted about attending USNA while Joe and his assistants were in the middle of moving to Md.

The Haley class of plebs is the first class that they had significant time to recruit. Some significant talent in those two classes.

And next years class looks like it may be even better.

Joe and his people look to be great recruiters and as far as I can tell the players they recruited love playing for them. Will not speak for others.

And as far as Army it’s going to be a closer game than the blowout some are suggesting.

Navy will do nothing but get better. Watch what it looks like when Tolker and his class are seniors.
lorin

Post by lorin »

DongDenMt wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:35 pm Joe gone ? :-)

The Tolker class was contacted about attending USNA while Joe and his assistants were in the middle of moving to Md.

The Haley class of plebs is the first class that they had significant time to recruit. Some significant talent in those two classes.

Joe and his people look to be great recruiters and as far as I can tell the players they recruited love playing for them. Will not speak for others.

And as far as Army it’s going to be a closer game than the blowout some are suggesting.

Navy will do nothing but get better. Watch what it looks like when Tolker and his class are seniors.
[/quote

LMAO what a suck up
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Under Amplo and his coaching team, the recruiting has been strong and Navy has beaten Army twice. And they had to deal with the disruption of the pandemic. I think his runway will be fairly long. For now, I'm excited about the arc of this team -- left for dead in a handicapping sense, now I'm sitting around thinking about how Ghobriel can max out at faceoffs and if Ryan can career it and what the best midfield combos might be. Regardless of how the N star game goes, would love to see Navy make more of a run in the PLT.
NoLeft

Post by NoLeft »

Game time Saturday the 22nd moved up to 1pm due to forecast....
lorin

Post by lorin »

The Orfling wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:37 pm

Under Amplo and his coaching team, the recruiting has been strong and Navy has beaten Army twice. And they had to deal with the disruption of the pandemic. I think his runway will be fairly long. For now, I'm excited about the arc of this team -- left for dead in a handicapping sense, now I'm sitting around thinking about how Ghobriel can max out at faceoffs and if Ryan can career it and what the best midfield combos might be. Regardless of how the N star game goes, would love to see Navy make more of a run in the PLT.
Army in top 20 every year, last 5 years on top 10 at times.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NoLeft wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:30 pm Game time Saturday the 22nd moved up to 1pm due to forecast....
CBSSN will show the game, tape delayed, at the 7pm sched time slot.

It will be livestreamed here :
https://www.cbssports.com/video/livestream/ [Start Watching]
It may be free, based on your cable or streaming package.
I'm watching the stream of DU--Providence because I have Xfinity cable.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

lorin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:26 pm
The Orfling wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:37 pm

Army in top 20 every year, last 5 years on top 10 at times.
My post is not Army program vs Navy program (and I’m a big Alberici fan — they had a great comeback vs Cornell). I’m talking about Navy’s season trajectory and was responding to chatter about the HC’s tenure.

In terms of sentiment (vs predictions) for today’s game: Go Navy, Beat Army! You never know in this one.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:36 pm
NoLeft wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:30 pm Game time Saturday the 22nd moved up to 1pm due to forecast....
CBSSN will show the game, tape delayed, at the 7pm sched time slot.

It will be livestreamed here :
https://www.cbssports.com/video/livestream/ [Start Watching]
It may be free, based on your cable or streaming package.
I'm watching the stream of DU--Providence because I have Xfinity cable.
They should have left at the original time. Now they look to playing in the worst of the storms
old salt

Post by old salt »

From Navy Sports :
• Navy has clinched a spot in the Patriot League Tournament
• The winner of the Army-Boston U. game will be the #1 seed and host in the Patriot League Tournament
• Navy needs a win over Bucknell or a loss by Loyola to clinch a home game in the Patriot League Quarterfinals
• Navy can get the #3 seed with a win over Bucknell and a Loyola win over Lehigh
Navy would be 5-3, Lehigh would be 5-3 and Loyola would be 5-3. All 3 teams would be 1-1 against each other
Navy beat Boston U. which would make it the #3 seed, Lehigh beat Navy which would make it the #4 seed and Loyola would be the #5 seed

Synopsis
Navy wins and Loyola wins, Navy is the #3 seed and hosts #6 Lafayette
Navy wins and Lehigh wins, Navy is the #4 seed and hosts #5 Loyola
Navy loses and Loyola wins, Navy is the #5 seed and plays at #4 Loyola
Navy loses and Loyola loses, Navy is the #4 seed and hosts #5 Loyola
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:58 pm From Navy Sports :
• Navy has clinched a spot in the Patriot League Tournament
• The winner of the Army-Boston U. game will be the #1 seed and host in the Patriot League Tournament
• Navy needs a win over Bucknell or a loss by Loyola to clinch a home game in the Patriot League Quarterfinals
• Navy can get the #3 seed with a win over Bucknell and a Loyola win over Lehigh
Navy would be 5-3, Lehigh would be 5-3 and Loyola would be 5-3. All 3 teams would be 1-1 against each other
Navy beat Boston U. which would make it the #3 seed, Lehigh beat Navy which would make it the #4 seed and Loyola would be the #5 seed

Synopsis
Navy wins and Loyola wins, Navy is the #3 seed and hosts #6 Lafayette
Navy wins and Lehigh wins, Navy is the #4 seed and hosts #5 Loyola
Navy loses and Loyola wins, Navy is the #5 seed and plays at #4 Loyola
Navy loses and Loyola loses, Navy is the #4 seed and hosts #5 Loyola
Excellent summary, thank you.
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Tough game yesterday for the guys in white, been a tough season but they can still turn it around with a good two week performance here. Lot to play for!

Beat Army
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

Army dominated the game from start to finish. They were more physical, bigger, stronger, faster and executed a strong game plan. I hate saying it, but they were better prepared, and Coach A does an amazing job of long-term player development.

We just couldn’t put any pressure on them offensively, couldn’t run past their defender(s) and the ball died numerous times with “hero” ball. I previously mentioned that 24 would come into the game earlier and play significant minutes even though he hasn’t been at practice, weight room or film for two weeks.

Listen, It’s Army v. Navy on Nation Television, it’s the starting Navy QB, “Five Star” recruit from LI……..All the talking point….but if your not pulling your weight with the team, not attending practices, not participating in the weight room and not attending film or scout film. Do you deserve to bump another player that has been grinding and has finally broken into the starting lineup?

Plus, I would argue…Why would you pull 2 for 24 and not pull 9. Why is 10 pulled at all, 10 is a work horse! 64,6 and 43 just couldn’t get anything going. 28, 32 and 51 had some success and needed to get more runs! 64 has had tremendous success from inverting but for some reason against Army he was dodging from the wing and up top. That’s not his game and Army was quick to go!

Defensively, Navy gave up some motion goals, pick plays and other times our SSDM were just physically dominated to the cage.

Navy made zero adjustments after halftime. What the F…. is that… Zero adjustments.

Maybe try another Man-Up unit ! 0-4 on the Man-up...

Poor coaching, lack preparation/game plan, lack of discipline and lack of common sense cost the MIDS again.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”