All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

livelovelax

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) impact on Women's Lacrosse

Post by livelovelax »

Totally BS. The liberal left nut jobs and their mouth piece (media) are making this a crisis like they do with everything. Noone talks or reports about the 20,000 people in America who die from the flu every year but lets tank the economy and scare half of America. Figures, most of the closures will emenate from NY, CT, Mass, Cali, etc., All the states that run by Dems. The first schools to shut down? Private schools operated by who? You guessed it. Cant we just be reasonable and due our own due diligence with personal hygiene and listen to the experts, like the CDC?

Something tells me the media and Dems will say we are all ok after November, unless Mr. Trump wins again. Then the crying and whining will go full wackjob and Trump Derangement Syndrome will be the next crisis.
Kismet

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

For those who have free views left at NYT - check out this excellent tutorial explaining how the Cov19 virus works in your body

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... e=Homepage

Its worth your time to read
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:19 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:20 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:52 pm Yea, like peanut butter and jelly. :roll:
I am going to ask.
No. After screening for run of the mill coronavirus, if positive, the test is run for Covid-19. It’s a PCR based test.
Thanks. I found this while doing some reading this morning. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ories.html

I am still baffled why the CDC number differs so much (lower). Maybe it is because the test kits have not reached all the parts of US...and if that is the case, then how do those rural areas certify it is in fact CV19.
They send their test materials, swabs and serum to a testing center via their State Department of Health OR directly to the CDC. The DoH AND the CDC have the ability to contract outside labs (certified) to actually perform the test. The CDC can run the test themselves as can all the various DoH if they choose.

At present, no healthcare providers are certified to run the tests themselves. That will change at some point in the future.
Understood...which is why I have been questioning the integrity of a positive CV19 test that was NOT verified by CDC.
This is all an issue of TRUST. The CDC trusts certain organizations, state DOH, specific certified clinical laboratories. If the CDC TRUSTS an organization, that organization can get test kits and run the tests. If the CDC runs a test, they report the number if and only if the test is positive. If it is negative or inconclusive, they say nothing. If a DOH or a lab they have contracted runs the test, the DOH reports the results to the public. The contract lab is irrelevant in reporting results to the public. The DOH of each state reports all cases for the state, no matter who ran the test; themselves, a contract lab or the CDC. The state DOH is the final arbiter of how many cases have occurred in their state. By the same token the state DOHs are responsible for reporting all their number back to the feds. The CDC could report all of this to the public, but they don't. They report (partial results only) for the tests they have run.

This is confusing. It does not have to be this way - the CDC not reporting complete data sets.

PS - this is why the Hopkins site (and others like it, if reliable) are useful. JHU is taking their data from the state DOHs. It is also useful to see what is going on around the world.

PSS - the commercial site (actually a student CS project at Manchester University in the UK) is now in synch with JHU. As guessed, they have switched over to a state based reporting protocol from a county based reporting protocol.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

From the D1 WLax forum:
livelovelax wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 am Totally BS. The liberal left nut jobs and their mouth piece (media) are making this a crisis like they do with everything. Noone talks or reports about the 20,000 people in America who die from the flu every year but lets tank the economy and scare half of America. Figures, most of the closures will emenate from NY, CT, Mass, Cali, etc., All the states that run by Dems. The first schools to shut down? Private schools operated by who? You guessed it. Cant we just be reasonable and due our own due diligence with personal hygiene and listen to the experts, like the CDC?

Something tells me the media and Dems will say we are all ok after November, unless Mr. Trump wins again. Then the crying and whining will go full wackjob and Trump Derangement Syndrome will be the next crisis.
:lol: :roll:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

It would be funny if it weren’t such a travesty and a danger to us all. There was a story the other day about a family who had a kid test positive. The kid was isolated but the family, with extensive contact, went to their organized activities. Sort of like why we have measles again. People do talk about the flu and the importance of getting a flu shot etc. one oath this thing could take if ti beck e am I going thing
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Now 1,000 confirmed cases. Yesterday fewer than 6,000 tested. t least three countries have drive thru on demand testing with results in 15 minutes. WHO had tests and offered them but the CDC declined. I am wondering whether getting testing wasn’t the highest priority
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Tweet of the day

"Stay six feet apart to avoid going six feet under"
CU88

Post by CU88 »

You want to know what Wall Street likes, truth and knowledge on a situation. You know what we are NOT getting from o d?

Exclusive: White House told federal health agency to classify coronavirus deliberations

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN20Y2LM
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OCanada wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:36 pm Now 1,000 confirmed cases. Yesterday fewer than 6,000 tested. t least three countries have drive thru on demand testing with results in 15 minutes. WHO had tests and offered them but the CDC declined. I am wondering whether getting testing wasn’t the highest priority
American cowboy-ism. We do everything better. You can't trust liberal organizations like the WHO. :roll:

Dumb f**k American's starting with the bunch in the White House. Orange Duce should change his hat to read "Making America Third World Again".

The good news, some of these old Trumpnista aren't long for this world. Their own worldviews will contribute to their deaths.

The Trump people, being the great businessmen they are, saw this as a business opportunity. They very likely saw IP dollars in all of this (for the US). Not being smart enough to know it doesn't work like that.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Instructive chart from former Deputy DHS secretary Julliette Kayyem at the Kennedy School at Harvard

It appears to be channeling some of what Dr. Fauci has been alluding to of late
a fan

Post by a fan »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:26 pm From the D1 WLax forum:
livelovelax wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 am Totally BS. The liberal left nut jobs and their mouth piece (media) are making this a crisis like they do with everything. Noone talks or reports about the 20,000 people in America who die from the flu every year but lets tank the economy and scare half of America. Figures, most of the closures will emenate from NY, CT, Mass, Cali, etc., All the states that run by Dems. The first schools to shut down? Private schools operated by who? You guessed it. Cant we just be reasonable and due our own due diligence with personal hygiene and listen to the experts, like the CDC?

Ah, FoxNation is a lovely place, isn't it? Amazed that the American media is so powerful that they managed to shut down the entire country of Italy, and utterly overwhelm Italy's health infrastructure.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:14 pm

Ah, FoxNation is a lovely place, isn't it? Amazed that the American media is so powerful that they managed to shut down the entire country of Italy, and utterly overwhelm Italy's health infrastructure.
What don't you get? Italy is fake news - damn liberal media. Italy is just fine. ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It's Obama's fault. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

WHO has declared a pandemic. Testing materials? Who needs those when you can wait for someone to make a profit. Turns out administration was classifying data and it suppressed our response.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

"I mean, people always say, well, the flu, you know, the flu does this, the flu does that. The flu has a mortality of 0.1%. This is ten times that. That's the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game," Dr. Fauci tells House Oversight Committee.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... fauci-says
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

One daughter-in-law has to close her Newark charter school—a teacher was exposed, taught for days before he knew. My son’s head coach is in quarantine for exposure and their season hangs in the balance. And my daughter’s supply of tutors from Fordham for the Bronx Lacrosse kids has dried up. This is a mess without testing.
Last edited by Trinity on Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:14 pm

When will it be socially acceptable to call people stupid? Asking for a friend.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Yasha Mounk has a thread which translates an Italian document w links to it. It gets to the point of how decisions need to be made when health facilities are overwhelmed which can happen in rural America which is already underserved in healthcare.

Doctors and nurses in Italy face an impossible dilemma: who to treat and who to let die.

But the moral obligation we face is very clear: We must arrest the crisis before the impossible becomes unavoidable. We aren’t doing well at this
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

OCanada wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:28 pm But the moral obligation we face is very clear: We must arrest the crisis before the impossible becomes unavoidable. We aren’t doing well at this
What are we not doing well, that we should be doing?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”