All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:01 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:14 pm If someone tells me something I said or did offends them, I use basic common decency and apologize and avoid saying it or doing it again. Life is short.
In the real world but not here, right?
Here unapologetically offending is okay.
DMac:
"You might be the most offensive one though (with respect to salty)."
TLD:
"I know I am. I don’t deny it. "
Like I said…I know it’s offensive. It’s meant to be. You see me claiming it isn’t offensive?
So how 'bout you stop with the sanctimonious bullschidt?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:01 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:14 pm If someone tells me something I said or did offends them, I use basic common decency and apologize and avoid saying it or doing it again. Life is short.
In the real world but not here, right?
Here unapologetically offending is okay.
DMac:
"You might be the most offensive one though (with respect to salty)."
TLD:
"I know I am. I don’t deny it. "
Like I said…I know it’s offensive. It’s meant to be. You see me claiming it isn’t offensive?
So how 'bout you stop with the sanctimonious bullschidt?
I don’t know what that means.

EDIT:

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
/ˌsaNG(k)təˈmōnēəs/
adjectiveDEROGATORY
making a show of being morally superior to other people.

That’s offensive!
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's meant to be......taking a page from your playbook.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:29 pm It's meant to be......taking a page from your playbook.
👍

Sometimes the game calls for a well placed elbow.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:28 pm Some of you boys need to pat yourselves on your backs.
old salt has clearly stated this more than once but that doesn't matter to you boys, it's pile on salty time again.
What "tropes" ? As I've stated --
-- I made no implication or reference to any religion.
-- I was not aware that 2 of the 3 "influencers" I referenced were Jewish. How would I know that ?
-- I am not familiar with the "dinner party trope" which MDLF76 so enthusiastically & tastelessly embellished.
This kind of thing has happened to me more than once on this board, you read it one way when it was meant another
but that doesn't matter your minds are made up and that's not going to change. The stones are going to be thrown,
careful not to break any of the windows in those glass houses, fellas. Not one of you is the least bit hesitant to say
some mighty offensive stuff to salty...not one.
Trump claims he has no idea what’s going on around him all the time too.

Lot of tossing bombs and claiming “I didn’t at that, it was only in the link I provided without adding anything contextually”. There’s been enough pleasing of ignorance over the years that, as I’ve said before, it’s either complete lying or the guy has gotten way too much credit for his intelligence and ability to pay attention to anyone or anything other than himself.

So take a pick. Enough evidence of behavior has occurred that if you take him ag his word consistently he has to be so blind as to not be credible regardless of 50yrs of service or whatever it was. Doesn’t matter he’s as feckless and weak as the worst service member in the history of service and all domain knowledge and expertise is completely worthless to evaluate or consider.

So I threw that option out there. I actually give him more credit for not being that obtuse, selfish and flat out dumb. You’re argument is that is what he is then? Or have you missed reams of this playing plausible deniability “waaah those aren’t my words, I only quoted someone else’s claim by simply putting up some
Oped piece and provided no context around it but I don’t agree with anything jn this price I’m using while quoting someone else”.

There’s enough evidence to reduce the options for what the reality is to one of the two.

The other point your missing is if it’s a poor choice of words and someone has a problem only an jerk wouldn’t be like “ahh yeah poor choice of
Words, my bad” over and over again. Ego through the roof. And I’ve had to check mine many many times so I speak from Experience there.

If words don’t matter then why ever complain about anything anyone says?

I didn’t care originally, that was someone else, but the millionth time of pretending to not know and push back like a jerk got me sucked in. At some point either accept the person is that clueless, arrogant or intentional.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:05 pm
So you are claiming to be a victim of abuse? If so you have to say that. No hiding behind anyone else’s words. Say you believe you are the victim of abuse.
I claim no victimhood. I can defend myself. I find this all amusing & revealing.
Others should examine their own actions & motivations.

This is more precise, except I reject the term "lib-tard". ( :lol: ...as does our auto-censor)
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... by%20proxy
When you tell me I’d be hard pressed to find anyone who cares more about the Jews I have no other choice but to call that out. It’s not your original comment but all the nonsense afterwards and the constant tying things up with specific words and claiming you didn’t mean anything by those words, yours or others provided without adding any notes of your own while quoting someone else in response.

At some point I can’t trust what you are saying to men’s what you mean because you’ve rejected that what you’ve posted represents what you mean repeatedly. Do you understand that? I, not anyone else here, is under your command and just accepts whatever you say even if it’s rambling like the general afraid of water in Dr Strangelove or it’s waxing more eloquently than Henry Kissinger.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:55 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:28 pm Some of you boys need to pat yourselves on your backs.
old salt has clearly stated this more than once but that doesn't matter to you boys, it's pile on salty time again.
-- I was not aware that 2 of the 3 "influencers" I referenced were Jewish. How would I know that ?
-- I am not familiar with the "dinner party trope" which MDLF76 so enthusiastically & tastelessly embellished.
This kind of thing has happened to me more than once on this board, you read it one way when it was meant another
but that doesn't matter your minds are made up and that's not going to change. The stones are going to be thrown,
careful not to break any of the windows in those glass houses, fellas. Not one of you is the least bit hesitant to say
I’m not.
I don’t understand the glass house comment unless it means we’re all pussies. I can take it. But come correct because I’m a 10:1 guy. Irrational.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:01 pm
NO.

You see, old salt’s comments were such a classic anti-Semitic trope that it practically defines what that is.

There is no room for interpretation. I think old salt should just apologize and we can move on.

But we certainly can’t let him off the hook if he refuses to even acknowledge how offensive his statements were and are.

As the recent Kanye West and Adidas controversy has shown, folks seem to feel more free these days to express their malignant anti-Semitism.

We shouldn’t allow that here.

Frankly, you are trying to make a mole hill out of a mountain.

Anti-Semitism and anti-Semitic tropes should not be tolerated on this forum.

DocBarrister
Banking Breakup Between Ye, JPMorgan Planned for Weeks

October 13, 2022, 6:34 PM EDT
Kanye West arrives at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Feb. 9, 2020, in Beverly Hills, Calif. West’s Twitter and Instagram accounts have been locked because of posts by the rapper, now known legally as Ye, that were widely deemed antisemitic, according to reports, Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)
Kanye West arrives at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Feb. 9, 2020, in Beverly Hills, Calif. West’s Twitter and Instagram accounts have been locked because of posts by the rapper, now known legally as Ye, that were widely deemed antisemitic, according to reports, Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (KEN SWEET)
New York (AP) -- JPMorgan Chase and the rapper formerly known as Kanye West are ending their business relationship, but the breakup is not a result of the controversy over the hip-hop star's recent antisemitic comments.

The letter ending West's relationship with JPMorgan was tweeted Wednesday by conservative activist Candace Owens, who has been seen publicly at events with the rapper, who is now legally known as Ye.

While Owens claimed that JPMorgan did not disclose the reason for severing ties, the letter was sent to West on Sept. 20, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to speak about it publicly. The decision was made after Ye publicly said he was going to cut off ties with the bank. JPMorgan is giving West 60 days from the date of the letter to find a new banking relationship.

West told Bloomberg News on Sept 12 that he planned on cutting much of its corporate ties, saying he “It’s time for me to go it alone." In that interview, he also criticized JPMorgan for not giving Ye access to Jamie Dimon, the bank's CEO and chairman.

While Ye is wealthy from his hip-hop career, he also controls a popular fashion and shoe line under Yeezy Brands. In that interview with Bloomberg, he said he also planned to cut relationships with his corporate suppliers as well.

Social media giants Twitter and Instagram have blocked Ye’s accounts from posting in recent days due to his antisemitic comments.

[Editor notes: Eds: CORRECTS: This story was first published on October 13, 2022. It was updated on October 14, 2022 to correct the spelling of Candace Owens' first name.]
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:08 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:59 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:50 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:18 am
Leaving out Bremer...and Will..Kirkpatrick...even Moynihan, all of whom were described as neoconservatives.
Not sure Bremer would qualify as a neocon either. He entered the Foreign Service out of graduate school & rose to prominence working for Henry Kissinger, in & out of govt. Kissinger is a realist who still often differs with neocons. Bremer is lumped in with all the neocons he worked with in the Bush admin. Moynihan rejects the neocon label for himself, although he was good friends with the neocon founders. Was Will ever a liberal, or a conservative from the start of his writing ?
https://nationalinterest.org/feature/ge ... cons-11252
Yes, Bremer is/was definitely a neocon.
Prominently so, serving in the Bush Admin.
What specifically qualifies Bremer as a neocon ? He was appointed to do a job, which he did. He did not take us into the war.

" globalism" is not antisemitic. You can't disqualify everything.
He was just following orders???

Listen, read the links I provided you thoroughly and then we can discuss the tropes.
Please do that work first.
Do some work yourself.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.7249/mg847cc
As U.S. forces began their invasion of Iraq in late March of 2003, L. Paul Bremer received a phone call from Lewis (“Scooter”) Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney’s chief of staff. “He asked whether I would be interested in coming back into the government to serve in Iraq,” recalled Bremer. “I couldn’t serve for long,” Bremer responded, “since I am busy running my company.” At the time, Bremer was chairman and chief executive officer of Marsh Crisis Consulting, a crisis management firm owned by the financial services firm Marsh & McLennan. Libby replied that “it wouldn’t be a full-time job
JSTOR. Friends of mine! It’s really a small world.
That ride at Disney is a shining example of harmony on the globe. The neocons don’t like it because it reflects poorly on globalism. But it is truly wondrous to see all the different cultures in their glory. You get to see all the Asians in their cute pointy hats and the Africans clicking away their make believe words with the Meara face paint. It’s great!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:28 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:24 pm
I’m not.
You're just part of the not one, no?
You might be the most offensive one though (with respect to salty).
I know I am. I don’t deny it. I don’t lie, I don’t deceive and I don’t BS people.
TLD shares Feraud's obsession.
See that’s a solid take at humor. Feel like you miss the boat when attempting humor often but there you go.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:52 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:37 pm So offending is quite alright....well, depending on who is doing the offending, of course.
You sound like a perfect human being. Welcome to club, I am too.
Nobody on this planet is perfect. I can admit to being wrong. There is nothing wrong with being wrong. No shame in it. Also, nothing wrong with a difference in OPINION. You ever see me claim my comments aren’t offensive? Legitimate question.
No one has said there's anything wrong with being wrong, no one has said there's any shame in being wrong either, nor has anyone said there's anything wrong with a difference of OPINION.
Your question, no. Why would there be a need to claim the clearly obvious intent?
And that’s my issue in OS, it’s been historically so often unclear but skewing heavily, massively, in one direction only to hear “that’s not what I was saying or those aren’t my words I only posted them while quoting someone else’s in response while providing no context” as to make confidence in anything he’s putting out very low. Hence I used the term bad faith discourse wayyyy back on this and continue to pound for transparency. Otherwise he’s just Fatty with some service time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:59 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:27 pm So, when one uses Soros (or other Jews) and "globalist" to make a claim about "control", this is indeed well understood as a slur...indeed, it is actively used as such by white supremacist, White Nationalist groups that make their ideologies and bigotries quite clear. That's been a longstanding usage.

When one repeats these tropes, it may or may not be the intention of the user to be making an anti-semitic slur. But it feeds into that narrative. Which is why I asked and tried to provide a path for you to back off the trope and apologize. I assumed, as I try to do with most anyone, that you didn't intend it as the slur, but rather it was part of the literature you consume...and others intend to manipulate this way.
Do you deny that Soros is a globalist, notwithstanding his religion ?
Do you deny that he has exerted great influence in the US & in E Europe ?
Yet stating the obvious is somehow an antisemitic trope.
https://www.ajc.org/translatehate/globalist

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -globalist

The use of the word is not an accident…..and often it isn’t “innocent”.

https://www.azmirror.com/2022/09/28/cal ... -rejected/

But ain’t nobody going to shame you into not using it!

https://academic.oup.com/book/43056/cha ... m=fulltext
Soros has an agenda. He very effectively uses his wealth to achieve it, globally & in the US.
It is not antisemitic to point that out.
The fact that he is Jewish does not exempt him from critique.
Likewise for Bloomberg, only to a lesser extent re. his influence.
The Koch bros or Peter Thiel don't get a categorical pass.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/ ... orm-227519
Want do you call Rebekah mercer and Pete Thiel?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:38 pm You used the word with the intent TLD and MDlax say you did, salty.
You know those are the rules around here. Whatever your intent is
incidental, how it's viewed and interpreted by them, oh, and DocB
too, is how it is and what was meant. Just the way it is around these
here parts.
It would be a shame after years of observing all of this if that’s all you could reduce this too. I think higher of you than to believe you mean that.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:45 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:38 pm You used the word with the intent TLD and MDlax say you did, salty.
You know those are the rules around here. Whatever your intent is
incidental, how it's viewed and interpreted by them, oh, and DocB
too, is how it is and what was meant. Just the way it is around these
here parts.
Yep. I don’t mean anything by it. That should be good enough around these here parts.
If that’s true then let me take myself off my chain.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:12 am
I’m not.
I don’t understand the glass house comment unless it means we’re all pussies. I can take it. But come correct because I’m a 10:1 guy. Irrational.
It's pretty easy. People jumping all over salty and piling on, which of course is the norm and tolerable behavior here, for what they perceive as offensive comments he's made while there are no boundaries to the level of offense that can be directed at him (I've seen some mighty vile stuff thrown at him over the years, no complaining about offensive from anyone). Glass houses with broken windows, has nothing to do with puszies.
I've been in this boat with MDlax who is perhaps the most sanctimonious of all posters. If I say there's a chink in the Yankees armor, he's going to tell me that's a racist comment and I should apologize for such. Guess who is going to say no it's not and no I won't? Because you perceive it as such doesn't make it so. TLD puffs his chest and proudly admits to being intentionally offensive (not restricted to salty) and that's perfectly acceptable here....more broken windows in the house. DocB is in a class all by himself, the entire white race is made up of bigots and racists whose time has come to an end. If you aint brown you're nothing but an ignorant clown who can't see the light in the Dr's book (that includes you if you haven't already figured that out).
Will say again, we'll see what an anachronism salty is the next time schidt goes down in the world. Nobody calling him out of touch and stupid when that goes down, quite the opposite actually.
I miss The Chairman Of The Board a lot. A real voice of reason who came out with some real thought provoking stuff, he's needed here. That's a non troll who longer participates, and there are a whole lot of them. Wonder why?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:53 am
I’m not.
It's pretty easy. People jumping all over salty and piling on, which of course is the norm and tolerable behavior here, for what they perceive as offensive comments he's made while there are no boundaries to the level of offense that can be directed at him (I've seen some mighty vile stuff thrown at him over the years, no complaining about offensive from anyone). Glass houses with broken windows, has nothing to do with puszies.
I've been in this boat with MDlax who is perhaps the most sanctimonious of all posters. If I say there's a chink in the Yankees armor, he's going to tell me that's a racist comment and I should apologize for such. Guess who is going to say no it's not and no I won't? Because you perceive it as such doesn't make it so. TLD puffs his chest and proudly admits to being intentionally offensive (not restricted to salty) and that's perfectly acceptable here....more broken windows in the house. DocB is in a class all by himself, the entire white race is made up of bigots and racists whose time has come to an end. If you aint brown you're nothing but an ignorant clown who can't see the light in the Dr's book (that includes you if you haven't already figured that out).
Will say again, we'll see what an anachronism salty is the next time schidt goes down in the world. Nobody calling him out of touch and stupid when that goes down, quite the opposite actually.
I miss The Chairman Of The Board a lot. A real voice of reason who came out with some real thought provoking stuff, he's needed here. That's a non troll who longer participates, and there are a whole lot of them. Wonder why?
I was not puffing my chest. I was just being honest.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:53 am
I’m not.
I’ve laid all my flaws out there. If I’ve got any buried you should be horrified I’m still walking around as a free man. I wasn’t even around the politics boards when chairman was here recall him on the lacrosse side. If one runs away from the lacrosse side because of this how reasonable is that?

I guess I’m not clear where you throw me when you say “you all”. I have adhd and can’t take related medications because, you know, I’m a piece of turd liar who ruins everyone’s lives as cradle has said to me over and over then reported me for reflecting his own words back to him. (Or how about him being a biyach to MD about sharing something offline on these boards pounding him then the nonsense he pulled with me when I shared something because I thought he could use some shared empathy and calling anyone else’s character out after that?-you should lump him in the glass house, “you all” bucket by your own definition) So I wake up early and fire off ten comments here before I’ve had coffee which I don’t even need. That’s not liking in thats my energy before I start my calls and desktop work for the day. Why I post from my phone because it in breaks from my work and in bursts.

I won’t be worried about him the next time the turd hits the fan. Believe otherwise but it’s…simply…not…true. I’m more of a puff my chest offender than TLD, he’s the sneaky bastard who slips rabbit punches effectively into the back of your head. I’m the bull int he China shop with no filters.

You still aren’t addressing my larger and longer dated point as to credibility and how one communicates here though. Do you believe if you consistently quoted others and posted links to things would you then get mad and whine when others attribute the essence of what’s in said posted links to you when you provide no context around it? Or would you think the other person is playing games and cares more about winning and being on top than getting to a common ground which is kind of the point of conversations?
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:29 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:27 pm So, when one uses Soros (or other Jews) and "globalist" to make a claim about "control", this is indeed well understood as a slur...indeed, it is actively used as such by white supremacist, White Nationalist groups that make their ideologies and bigotries quite clear. That's been a longstanding usage.

When one repeats these tropes, it may or may not be the intention of the user to be making an anti-semitic slur. But it feeds into that narrative. Which is why I asked and tried to provide a path for you to back off the trope and apologize. I assumed, as I try to do with most anyone, that you didn't intend it as the slur, but rather it was part of the literature you consume...and others intend to manipulate this way.

Soros has an agenda. He very effectively uses his wealth to achieve it, globally & in the US.
BTW, who said Soros gets a pass? The issue is the use of what can be considered a “slur”:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ur/555479/

When it’s constantly pointed out and yet constantly used anyway, what conclusion can one draw? This isn’t trying to change someone’s opinion. It’s the use of a slur. But like I said, everyone loves watermelon….ain’t nothing wrong with saying black folk love watermelon….or fried Chicken for that matter. Fuzzy was canceled!

:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 am

BTW, who said Soros gets a pass? The issue is the use of what can be considered a “slur”:

When it’s constantly pointed out and yet constantly used anyway, what conclusion can one draw? This isn’t trying to change someone’s opinion. It’s the use of a slur. But like I said, everyone loves watermelon….ain’t nothing wrong with saying black folk love watermelon….or fried Chicken for that matter. Fuzzy was canceled!

I crush Soros all the time for his trade on the Pound Sterling (93 or 94?). MD hit me for that way back then and we discussed offline. You’ve seen me make the case in bold above numerous times so you know it’s just a matter of awareness and respect for ones surroundings vs arrogance and dismissiveness or being obtuse and stupid. Either one ain’t great but I’m offering a choice.

https://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/437536/Black/
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 am

I crush Soros all the time for his trade on the Pound Sterling (93 or 94?). MD hit me for that way back then and we discussed offline. You’ve seen me make the case in bold above numerous times so you know it’s just a matter of awareness and respect for ones surroundings vs arrogance and dismissiveness or being obtuse and stupid. Either one ain’t great but I’m offering a choice.

https://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/437536/Black/
Yes. I was referring to what was in bold. As if someone was suggesting that Soros gets a categorical pass. It’s the use of a trope/slur….not the criticism of Soros. Easy for an honorable person to say, my mistake….Didn’t mean it that way….and then stop using it….I am not going to be cowed into not using globalists because it’s considered a slur seems like it would be kind of hard to support.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”