Sexual Assault ~ Weinstein, Epstein, etc.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Sexual Assault ~ #MeToo ~ #TimesUp

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 amBtw, read the Miami Herald....17 year old virgin was a victim while Jeff was on work release.....Acosta did the right thing...
You are so dishonest. Based on the dates & ages in that Miami Herald article, both Kaitlyn & Priscilla Doe would have been above the age of consent in 2009 when they allegedly visited Epstein. Kaitlyn was 17 when she first met Epstein in 2006. Acosta's deal had nothing to do with his subsequent work release.
OK. My fault I may have had the timeline wrong.
"According to her lawsuit, Epstein in 2006 promised to help her cure an eating disorder but instead lured her into sex acts in a massage room at his Manhattan mansion. She was 17 at the time, and a virgin.

Kaitlyn was flown to Epstein’s luxury compound in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where he coerced her into sex, she said. That led to months of sex acts, all while promising to pay for her “expensive, necessary surgeries,” according to the lawsuits filed by attorneys J. Stanley Pottinger and Bradley Edwards."

He raped her (statutory)at 17 but still was having sex with her on work release when she was 19. That makes it better.... My bad....

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:40 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 amBtw, read the Miami Herald....17 year old virgin was a victim while Jeff was on work release.....Acosta did the right thing...
You are so dishonest. Based on the dates & ages in that Miami Herald article, both Kaitlyn & Priscilla Doe would have been above the age of consent in 2009 when they allegedly visited Epstein. Kaitlyn was 17 when she first met Epstein in 2006. Acosta's deal had nothing to do with his subsequent work release.
"According to her lawsuit, Epstein in 2006 promised to help her cure an eating disorder but instead lured her into sex acts in a massage room at his Manhattan mansion. She was 17 at the time, and a virgin.

Kaitlyn was flown to Epstein’s luxury compound in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where he coerced her into sex, she said. That led to months of sex acts, all while promising to pay for her “expensive, necessary surgeries,” according to the lawsuits filed by attorneys J. Stanley Pottinger and Bradley Edwards."

He raped her (statutory)at 17 but still was having sex with her on work release when she was 19. That makes it better.... My bad....

MAGA
Regardless of age coerced sex and sex trafficking.

And ohh yeah, no problem she was 17-19.

Acosta did nothing wrong.

But you're the dishonest one here, TLD. :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Anyone know how I can buy that painting of clinton in the blue dress? I think it's hillaryouse too :roll:

only the finest, sayz the DNC.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:13 pm

MAGA

I am sure if the perp raped his daughter at 17 he would give the guy a pass if he was still having sex with her while on work release because she turned 18..... Acosta did the right thing. like I said a long time ago..... no credibility and no bottom.

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:24 pm

MAGA

I am sure if the perp raped his daughter at 17 he would give the guy a pass if he was still having sex with her while on work release because she turned 18..... Acosta did the right thing. like I said a long time ago..... no credibility and no bottom.

MAGA
Nice try. As a matter of law, based on the reports you cited, Epstein did not re-offend. Acosta's plea deal was not violated.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:57 pm

MAGA

MAGA
Nice try. As a matter of law, based on the reports you cited, Epstein did not re-offend. Acosta's plea deal was not violated.
As a matter of law, OJ didn’t do anything.

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:02 pm

MAGA

MAGA
Just ignore the facts -- OJ was found not guilty, served no time (for that) & was not a convicted felon, with no restrictions on where he could go, where he could live, or what he could do. Not so with Epstein, based on the agreement which Acosta secured.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:10 pm

MAGA

MAGA
Just ignore the facts -- OJ was found not guilty, served no time (for that) & was not a convicted felon, with no restrictions on where he could go, where he could live, or what he could do. Not so with Epstein, based on the agreement which Acosta secured.
What does not guilty mean? OJ didn't kill anybody......
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm

MAGA

MAGA
Despite all your hyperbole, you still haven't cited any accusers who claim to have had sex with Epstein, when they were below the age of consent, after the plea deal with Acosta took effect.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:18 pm

MAGA

MAGA
Despite all your hyperbole, you still haven't cited any accusers who claim to have had sex with Epstein, when they were below the age of consent, after the plea deal with Acosta took effect.
I believe I stated that I had the dates wrong in the Miami Herald account. The 17 year old that was raped in 2006. Jeff was still having sex with her while on work release in 2008. I had the timeline wrong. Like I said, that makes it OK.

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:22 pm

MAGA

MAGA
I believe I stated that I had the dates wrong in the Miami Herald account. The 17 year old that was raped in 2006. Jeff was still having sex with her while on work release in 2008. I had the timeline wrong. Like I said, that makes it OK.
You're the only one saying anything that Epstein did was ok.
I'm pointing out that you've yet to present any evidence that Acosta's plea deal was subsequently violated.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:01 pm

MAGA

MAGA
I'm pointing out that you've yet to present any evidence that Acosta's plea deal was subsequently violated.
Un huh.... I noticed you didn't answer.... again:

Old Salt:
[/quote]

So did OJ do anything wrong?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25 pm

MAGA

MAGA

Old Salt:
[/quote]
Of course he did. So did Epstein. I'm just not yet willing to concede that Acosta did.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:49 pm

MAGA

MAGA

Old Salt:
Of course he did. So did Epstein. I'm just not yet willing to concede that Acosta did.
[/quote]

So its possible not to be punished / convicted or even charged if a person has done something wrong. All Acosta did was go light on a serial sexual predator. One could argue that.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:55 pm

MAGA

MAGA

Old Salt:
So its possible not to be punished / convicted or even charged if a person has done something wrong. All Acosta did was go light on a serial sexual predator. One could argue that.
[/quote]
...or one could argue (as Ken Starr does) that Epstein did the best he could with what he had to work with & at least got Epstein off the street (with minors) & put him on the sex offender registry. If his FL jailers or the NYC DA gave him too much slack later, that's not on Acosta.

Ponder this -- had Acosta not been a Trump cabinet member, would the Congressional (D)'s or MSM have even raised the Epstein case again.
...I don't think Katie C or Gerorge Steph would have.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:03 pm

MAGA

MAGA

Old Salt:
...or one could argue (as Ken Starr does) that Epstein did the best he could with what he had to work with & at least got Epstein off the street (with minors) & put him on the sex offender registry. If his FL jailers or the NYC DA gave him too much slack later, that's not on Acosta.

Ponder this -- had Acosta not been a Trump cabinet member, would the Congressional (D)'s or MSM have even raised the Epstein case again.
[/quote]

Not their job to.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:09 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:03 pm

MAGA

MAGA

Old Salt:

Not their job to.
[/quote]

The Miami Herald was on the case, and so was NY.
The #METOO era was opening up all sorts of buried garbage.
So, seems to me that the Epstein case was coming back to the fore, Acosta or not.

Of course, the case gets much more media attention because of all the bigwigs involved, including a current and former President, serious high falutin legal types, numerous billionaires, a prince... you name it, bigwig poop draws flies.

Acosta is a relative pawn. But yeah, he had agency is in this, a responsibility to the victims. But sure, the fact that he was lifted into a position of high responsibility in the current Administration certainly made him a natural early target in the unwinding of this sordid business.

But ain't it downright crazy that Ken Starr's opinion is actually cited in this, one of the sleazier of right wing lawyers to come down the pike, defense counsel to Epstein, he of more than 100 victims? Really? Epstein's lawyer had too strong of a case, so the guy who folded up like a cheap suit to whatever 'intimidation' caused by such formidable legal opponents should be excused for folding??? Yeah, right.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Roger: Thanks for the heads up. You are spot on. Measure For Measure is incredibly timely. I wonder if the leadership of some women's groups can leverage Shakespeare's message? And there isn't a word in the writing the brain police can censor. (Thumbs Up Emoji).
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://apple.news/AM7ImDaGrRuaiBqfu-bnGlA

The Jeffrey, The Donald, and a young girl fly together to Florida on Trump’s plane.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“There are questions that need to be asked about why authorities did not search that NM ranch upon Epstein's arrest. Bill Richardson, arguably the most powerful man in New Mexico, has been accused by one of Epstein's victims, and denies the allegations.” Julie KBrown
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”