Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:39 pm What is wrong with staying on the side of “keep alive?”

The person themselves, those directly
Killed by others decisions should get a say in what is a “meaningful life.” Why does anyone get to make a decision to end someone else’s life?

That also includes people on life support. If the person on life support has no living will it’s not a doctor or family member’s place to “know what’s best” for them.

Keeping someone alive and trying to resuscitate makes the most sense and keeps all decisions simple. That puts no responsibility or weight on people to make a life or death decision.

Same could be said for the death penalty for criminal offenses.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:49 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:39 pm What is wrong with staying on the side of “keep alive?”

Killed by others decisions should get a say in what is a “meaningful life.” Why does anyone get to make a decision to end someone else’s life?

That also includes people on life support. If the person on life support has no living will it’s not a doctor or family member’s place to “know what’s best” for them.

Keeping someone alive and trying to resuscitate makes the most sense and keeps all decisions simple. That puts no responsibility or weight on people to make a life or death decision.

And what are the "innocents" being punished for. Your moral equivalency attempt is absurd.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 am

And what are the "innocents" being punished for. Your moral equivalency attempt is absurd.

Kramer made no comment or condition about "innocents". His argument is about "simplicity". No need for a human decision.

So you haven't been around for a while. How did that November election work out for you? :lol:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:24 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 am

Kramer made no comment or condition about "innocents". His argument is about "simplicity". No need for a human decision.

So you haven't been around for a while. How did that November election work out for you? :lol:
Please go ahead and gloat. Its the first success you've had since 2010. And a small one at that. Who still runs the Senate the white house and the courts?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I am sure Donald Trump is thinking having to deal with Nancy Pelosi is only a minor defeat. :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

‘There Is Going to Be a War Within the Party. We Are Going to Lean Into It.’

The Progressive wing of the party has its sights on the Democratic Establishment...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wrote: ‘There Is Going to Be a War Within the Party. We Are Going to Lean Into It.’

The Progressive wing of the party has its sights on the Democratic Establishment...

They are calling Conservative Democrats "radical" :lol: :lol: There is plenty of room on the republican "conservative" side for you "radical" conservative democrats. :lol: Many of those "radical" democrats are already distancing themselves from the fringe Cortez types. Next thing you know, they'll be calling you "radical racists"or even "Old White Women and Men Conservatives". :roll:

AOC, her time is limited and before you know it, Pelosi will need to silence her by finding dirt on her or pushing another person to replace her next election.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:29 pm Enough of the strawman moralizing. This has got nothing to do with healthy "babies" being murdered because they are inconvient. This is about late term fetuses with with serious, quality of life issues, or health of the mother issues. Who in the f-you-see-kay are you or anyone else to make a medical decision for a mother faced with these kinds of decisions? I guaranttee you, the women making these decisions are torn apart making these decisions. A baby with no chance for a meaningful life is made to linger, society is made to spend resources -- your resources, which you complain about endlessly. You don't know the mother, you don't know the family but you are so sure that they are evil, they are making such decisions because it is inconvient. You should have to walk in their shoes. Everyone of these women would gladly trade places with your moralizing ass and let you deal with the issue AND THE CONSEQUENCES for you own "child" or "children".

Thankfully, late term abortions are exceedingly rare!

This dust up has nothing to do with the facts of the situation, they are just talking points of the nut fringe anti-abortion fascists who are determined to control womens' lives.
IMO, this is not about controlling women's lives, rather, taking the burden from the mothers who do make those decisions and then have to live with it forever.

And a very similar strawman exists on the other side: We allow late term abortions for those rare occurrences when the pregnancy is deemed "Baby OR Mother." Why not require the mother and Dr do their best to bring the baby into the world? (Answer below)

The person themselves, those directly killed by others decisions should get a say in what is a “meaningful life.” Why does anyone get to make a decision to end someone else’s life?

I agree 100%. As I mentioned in my previous post. "You can't be pro life and pro death penalty."

Why is capital punishment, war, or abortion around at all?

hmm...

Oh right. For the sake of money and expediency.
DMac

Post by DMac »

kramerica.inc said
I'm not so sure that's accurate, kram. I get what you're saying there, but I don't think it's quite that simple.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:55 am I am sure Donald Trump is thinking of having to deal with Nancy Pelosi is only a minor defeat. :lol:
Eager to see if Speaker Pelosi can keep a straight face when VSG reads his speech tomorrow.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nsent.html I had to laugh my ass off when I read this. Then I started thinking I bet there are at least a handful of jack wagons here on this forum that agree with what this knucklehead is trying to say. I can think of one REALLY BIG flaw in this idiots logic. For the average FLP type person it will always sail right over their head. Break out your thinking caps you FLP folks and see if any of you can figure it out. There is the Don Rickles prize involved. If you get the answer... you win a cookie. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:01 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:29 pm Enough of the strawman moralizing. This has got nothing to do with healthy "babies" being murdered because they are inconvient. This is about late term fetuses with with serious, quality of life issues, or health of the mother issues. Who in the f-you-see-kay are you or anyone else to make a medical decision for a mother faced with these kinds of decisions? I guaranttee you, the women making these decisions are torn apart making these decisions. A baby with no chance for a meaningful life is made to linger, society is made to spend resources -- your resources, which you complain about endlessly. You don't know the mother, you don't know the family but you are so sure that they are evil, they are making such decisions because it is inconvient. You should have to walk in their shoes. Everyone of these women would gladly trade places with your moralizing ass and let you deal with the issue AND THE CONSEQUENCES for you own "child" or "children".

Thankfully, late term abortions are exceedingly rare!

This dust up has nothing to do with the facts of the situation, they are just talking points of the nut fringe anti-abortion fascists who are determined to control womens' lives.
IMO, this is not about controlling women's lives, rather, taking the burden from the mothers who do make those decisions and then have to live with it forever.

And a very similar strawman exists on the other side: We allow late term abortions for those rare occurrences when the pregnancy is deemed "Baby OR Mother." Why not require the mother and Dr do their best to bring the baby into the world? (Answer below)

The person themselves, those directly killed by others decisions should get a say in what is a “meaningful life.” Why does anyone get to make a decision to end someone else’s life?

I agree 100%. As I mentioned in my previous post. "You can't be pro life and pro death penalty."

Why is capital punishment, war, or abortion around at all?

hmm...

Spot on there Kram… especially the money part. It always boils down to follow the money... always has and always will
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:37 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:55 am I am sure Donald Trump is thinking of having to deal with Nancy Pelosi is only a minor defeat. :lol:
Eager to if Speaker Pelosi can keep a straight face when VSG reads his speech tomorrow.
Love your avatar Murf. Why the sad looking puppy dog eyes? :D You also have one pretty big shnozz there bud.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 pm
Eager to if Speaker Pelosi can keep a straight face when VSG reads his speech tomorrow.
Love your avatar Murf. Why the sad looking puppy dog eyes? :D You also have one pretty big shnozz there bud.
Beagle ?
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:54 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:00 pm
Needs to resign, the sooner the better.

The standard applied to him should be the same one applied to Trump when his past sins have been disclosed to the public.

It is somewhat refreshing that a politician immediately owned up to it, to what is obvious to all. No denial, no logic chopping, no obfuscation. I know nothing about this individual, but based on that one fact he is worthy of a second chance in my opinion. Compare that to Agent Orange's behavior, an individual clearly not worthy of any further consideration of forgiveness.

Exactly.

When it is a Democrat whose past behavior is questioned, the response is an immediate demand for his resignation.

When it is a Republican whose past or present behavior is questioned, the immediate response is let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Thereafter we see a myriad of excuses as to why everyone needs to disregard his behavior.

I say it is time to finally apply a uniform application of standards for all. It's only fair.
oh i remember this line of logic- they both do it, they both condemn, but the Ds are quicker to condemn, thus they should have the sole right to govern.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

You should have seen it before the rhinoplasty. ;)
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:21 pm
Beagle ?
Beagle,pointer and a whole bunch of other breeds. His poppa was a canine "rolling stone".We call him HEINZ.....57 varieties! :)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote:

oh i remember this line of logic- they both do it, they both condemn, but the Ds are quicker to condemn, thus they should have the sole right to govern.

Jeez, c'on Chairman ~ you know better than that.

The deal is supposed to be about dealing an even hand to everyone. Your mistake is that you fail to understand that the Reps refuse to condemn. McConnell is still in office when the piece of crapola should have been kicked out the Senate a long time ago for supporting bigoted and treasonous secessionists. Where's the outrage from the far right over his evil and treasonous ways?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:27 pm
kramerica.inc said
I'm not so sure that's accurate, kram. I get what you're saying there, but I don't think it's quite that simple.
I respectfully disagree. The difficult and expensive decision is to always have the kid. Period.

My concern is about the large number of abortions that occur right after the 20th week. Not coincidentally that is when the advanced sonograms occur that start to pick up potential developmental shortcomings.

My concern over the late term abortion laws is that we are all hoping like JHU says, that they very rarely, if ever, happen. If that’s the case why legislate it? Hard cases make bad law.

http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/05/dem ... -abortion/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:50 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:27 pm
kramerica.inc said
I respectfully disagree. The difficult and expensive decision is to always have the kid. Fully healthy or not.

I mentioned cost and expediency because of the large number of abortions that occur right after the 20th week. Not coincidentally that is when the advanced sonograms occur that start to pick up potential developmental shortcomings.

I just think it’s so complicated, and the results are so dire and horrible for the kids AND the mothers, that the common sense solution IMO is to err on the side of life.

My concern over the late term abortion laws is that we are all hoping like JHU says, that they very rarely, if ever, happen. If that’s the case why legislate it? Hard cases make bad law.

http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/05/dem ... -abortion/

Return to “POLITICS”