ISL

HS Boys Lacrosse
Laxboy78

Re: ISL

Post by Laxboy78 »

Thanks! All those SJP kids are committed as well.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I did a cut a paste for both rosters and added missing commitments or typos for the ISL team because I know all that info. I don't have that for MIAA.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:30 pm I did a cut a paste for both rosters and added missing commitments or typos for the ISL team because I know all that info. I don't have that for MIAA.
St. John prep commitments - Jack Weissenburger, Harvard. Ryan Delucia, Georgetown. Jack Doherty, Wesleyan. Luke Kelly, Michigan.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:22 pm
Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:30 pm I did a cut a paste for both rosters and added missing commitments or typos for the ISL team because I know all that info. I don't have that for MIAA.
St. John prep commitments - Jack Weissenburger, Harvard. Ryan Delucia, Georgetown. Jack Doherty, Wesleyan. Luke Kelly, Michigan.
SJP with only one senior D1 commit, 5 juniors, looks be more of same for next year.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

pcowlax wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:25 pm
Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:22 pm
SJP with only one senior D1 commit, 5 juniors, looks be more of same for next year.
Five seniors are heading to strong D3 schools as well (Endicott, Conn College, Wesleyan, Union, Babson) so it's far from a weak class, but next year looks like an uptick in talent. No one in the class of 2025 looks like a Jimmy Ayers type, but it's more D1 level players in a single class than they've had before. I'd love to see them get a game against BH, Seb's, or Nobles when the teams are in late April/May form. Any ISL-Catholic Conference match ups would be great tbh. There are ISL-CC games at the sub varsity levels - and players, parents, and I assume coaches want to see that for the varsity teams as well - I'm not sure why it never happens.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

They won't even play Govs, Andover or Pingree who are right down the street...
Laxboy78

Post by Laxboy78 »

Why do you think it’s St John’s who won’t play these teams? They played Brunswick last year! Coach Pynchon loves playing great teams and doesn’t care if they lose since it makes them better.

I would think some of the reluctance is around them being in the miaa and it really only counting as a scrimmage by miaa rules.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Laxboy78 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:58 am I would think some of the reluctance is around them being in the miaa and it really only counting as a scrimmage by miaa rules.
I believe I saw that the D1 tourney had 34 teams. My guess is SJP could lose a game day or two from the schedule and still put together a qualifying resume. Honestly a game that's called a scrimmage offers the best of both worlds. One team will know they won while the other can say it was a scrimmage. :lol:

Scheduling could be tough. ISL teams would want to play on a Monday, perhaps a Friday or Saturday if their weekend league game is against one of the weaker teams. That limits the open dates. In a perfect world a Saturday afternoon doubleheader of SJP-BH & BCH-Seb's at single venue would be a yearly event, perhaps with the match ups alternating each year. Scrimmages or not, you'd get a turnout for that.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Didn’t Dux and Medlax scrimmage ISL teams at the start of the season.

I also think Medfield scrimmaged Moses Brown (not ISL) in the early spring.

I know you want to see a real game played but that’s at least a start.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I'm pretty sure BH and SJP scrimmaged in March as well. Just gotta move that match up back another 3-4 weeks.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8ZwWo9Orqr/

Matthew Scheible - Groton/2025, LSM - commits to Dartmouth. I'll pat myself on the back and say I kind of nailed it on my preseason write up on him (below). Every year there's a group of uncommitted rising seniors in the ISL toeing that line between late add to a mid/high level D1 or coveted piece of a NESCAC/Liberty League recruiting class. Scheible is the first of them to make a decision. With club season in full swing we should see more soon, and then a big bump in decisions around 8/1 when NESCACs start making offers.
Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:13 pm Player to Watch: Matthew Scheible Jr. Lsm/Def/Uncommitted (4g, 3a) - A great blend of balance, speed, and stickwork that allow him to press out with an aggressiveness of a 6’3 player, even though he’s listed at 5’10. Between his tape, accolades, and that SAT score I imagine he’s on the radar for the remaining spots at high academic D1s, while the NESCAC and similar D3s are praying he’s still available and interested this summer. https://imlca.sportsrecruits.com/athlet ... eo=3173949
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Laxboy78 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:58 am Why do you think it’s St John’s who won’t play these teams? They played Brunswick last year! Coach Pynchon loves playing great teams and doesn’t care if they lose since it makes them better.

I would think some of the reluctance is around them being in the miaa and it really only counting as a scrimmage by miaa rules.
Here comes the SJP simping...Hmmmm why would he play Brunswick and not Govs, Andover or Pingree? If you lose in your backyard it hurts recruiting..."insert they don't recruit response"...there I saved you the time...
Laxboy78

Post by Laxboy78 »

Im pro public school! Much more impressive to see kids from the same town playing together than privates. My town loses all its best kids to privates and it kills our high school.

Just acting like St John’s is afraid to play good teams is not an accurate take. They have an army of kids, and the well is only getting bigger. They had 5 goalies and 16 poles at the state championship.

You think if they lose a game to BH all the sudden kids won’t go there?
Masshole

Post by Masshole »

Laxxal22 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:32 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/C8ZwWo9Orqr/

Matthew Scheible - Groton/2025, LSM - commits to Dartmouth. I'll pat myself on the back and say I kind of nailed it on my preseason write up on him (below). Every year there's a group of uncommitted rising seniors in the ISL toeing that line between late add to a mid/high level D1 or coveted piece of a NESCAC/Liberty League recruiting class. Scheible is the first of them to make a decision. With club season in full swing we should see more soon, and then a big bump in decisions around 8/1 when NESCACs start making offers.
Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:13 pm Player to Watch: Matthew Scheible Jr. Lsm/Def/Uncommitted (4g, 3a) - A great blend of balance, speed, and stickwork that allow him to press out with an aggressiveness of a 6’3 player, even though he’s listed at 5’10. Between his tape, accolades, and that SAT score I imagine he’s on the radar for the remaining spots at high academic D1s, while the NESCAC and similar D3s are praying he’s still available and interested this summer. https://imlca.sportsrecruits.com/athlet ... eo=3173949
Are NESCAC's 8/1 going forward? I thought that was gonna be a one-time deal for last year
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I have no idea. I assumed the switch was permanent but never read up on any of the reasons why it was done. Would definitely be better for everyone's recruitment if it goes back to 7/1.
Masshole

Post by Masshole »

I could definitely be wrong but I thought it was something to do with the affirmative action SCOTUS case that happened around this time last year. With no visibility around what sort of "juice" could be used to get athletes into schools (especially high academic ones such as NESCAC's), it made sense to delay a month to see what happened. Don't know how the case affects recruiting, but I definitely like 7/1 better.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

NESCACs are back to July 1.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Laxxal22 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:59 pm Wow, I'm not in any way trying to say they aren't deserving but two juniors is nuts. I wonder if that's ever happened before.
Not to be a wise guy, but it happened in 1981.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:08 pm
Laxxal22 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:59 pm Wow, I'm not in any way trying to say they aren't deserving but two juniors is nuts. I wonder if that's ever happened before.
Not to be a wise guy, but it happened in 1981.
Awesome! Did they both repeat in 82? Crann and Geraci are amazing players but the class of 2025 has a lot of top end talent. It's no slam dunk they go back to back as AAs.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

If I am reading this fascinating but disorganized page right, Gus Bickford, St. George’s, 1981 and 1982. Can’t find the other one (maybe Doug Brown, St. Mark’s, also 81 and 82?) but if you have an hour to go down a rabbit hole it would be here.

http://www.spondev.com/wordpress/jcm/?p ... olName=All

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”