Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:49 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:46 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:38 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:34 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:55 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:36 am Hunter Biden just plead guilty to two federal charges in Delaware. Let the whining of the snowflake republICONs begin. :lol: :lol:
Why would they whine? Isn't that what they wanted all along? How this effects Bidens reelection in 2024 just got complicated for the POTUS.
... just wait. Not the charges they wanted, no jail time (as expected by sane people). No effect on his father. The government prosecutor is a Trump appointee.
I was thinking along the line of Hunters problems becoming campaign fodder for the Republicans.
... even without this they will pick on Hunter, that is already baked in.

----
PS: the whining has begun. Both Trump and DeSantis whining.
Does that come as a surprise to anyone?
of course not, babies whine.
Trump is a professional whiner, DeSantis sounds like he's whining no matter what he says....something in the pitch of his voice?
But the whining if phrased properly, would revolve around the preferential treatment given by the DOJ in this matter. I think the DOJ made the perfect choice at exactly the right time. Maybe not so much in the ethical sense but adjudicating this case against Hunter Biden at this time is a brilliant move. By 2024 elections the vast majority of Americans won't even remember who Hunter is much less what he confessed to.
mmm, the US Attorney made these decisions quite likely based on his own assessment, not any instruction from Garland or anyone else at the top of DOJ.

The decision to leave the Trump appointee in place was a decision to wall off that effort from any notion of political interference...had there been such presumably that US Attorney would have squawked.

That was a good call...and sure, fortunately the answer after 5 years of investigating was there was no more there there. So, rational to wrap it up.

If he hadn't done so and there really wasn't any justification other than partisan interest to do so, presumably others in that office would have eventually squawked; and if it was found out later he'd acted as a partisan, unless that's really who you want to be going forward, then it's a heck of a repetitional stain...so, let's give the benefit of the doubt to the prosecutor that he made this decision based on his own recognition of reality above any partisan interest. He's going to land the plane with a "win" on tax counts plea.

But as to "remember", I'll make another bet today that there's no way the right wing media world will let their viewers "not remember" Hunter. They'll make it sound like this was all a cover-up, and "the Biden crime family" doesn't deserve election. Yes, they'll gloss over what he actually confessed to...which he confessed long ago!

The "preferential treatment" is. massive projection by the Trump cult as to what they would do if they were in charge...they can't imagine not weaponizing the government against their political foes, so of course that explains everything...Yikes it's delusional for those who actually buy it, but it's the grifters peddling this swill that make me angry.
Your talking about a situation where Hunters sentence can easily be represented by Republicans as preferential treatment. When the Feds want to prosecute you bad enough they will find the way to nail you to the wall. I wonder how Wesley Snipes feels about this. They went after him relentlessly.
See, I really don't think your characterization is accurate...if you haven't committed crimes it's darn hard to nail you to the wall when everyone's watching. We have this thing called a justice system that makes it extremely difficult to do without solid proof.

As to Snipes, he was recalcitrant, fought conviction and was found guilty of committing fraud and tax evasion...$23.5 million. Sentenced on 3 counts, 3 years. Did 2.5 years.

https://www.newsweek.com/wesley-snipes- ... mp-1534637

If you want to see a double standard, take a look at what Trump has gotten away with for decades.

But even there, Trump was practically in the business of and an expert in manipulation and tax evasion, and his numbers and complexity are staggering, making it so much more daunting to try to untangle.

Snipes' crimes were very straightforward. He didn't file his returns and later claimed he didn't need to because the income was earned off shore..but that ain't the way it works. Very simple case.
That isn't the point MD. The feds hounded Mr Snipes for years. I don't think they offered him anything in the same league of a deal than they ever offered to Hunter. So for snips and giggles if this case had not been resolved do you think a republican POTUS and his DOJ would have cut the same deal? Your missing the bigger point. If the feds and the DOJ want to nail your ass to the wall they will do so with all of the resources available to them. If they don't think your case is worth their time and effort you get a slap on the wrist. Is that how equal justice under the law is defined? FTR, I'm glad for Hunter. I think he was very fortunate to cut the deal that he did.
No, you're missing the point. Prosecutors prosecute the cases they think they can win. snipes was an obvious case they could easily win...and he didn't pay the money back. 23.5 million. That ain't "hounding".

Trump was a massively large criminal enterprise, but extremely complex, and purposefully difficult to untangle.

But it's your notion that a POTUS has anything to do with what cases should be prosecuted and what not...that's egregiously out of bounds...yes, this new MAGA world projection crappola has betrayed all of that, Trump blew it up, but the Biden Admin is trying rather hard to re-instill public confidence.

And that's blowing MAGA-world's minds, but I predict history will look back kindly on this period of reversal, hopefully from a perspective where Presidents once again stay the heck away from prosecutions.

In the meantime, expect the assault on DOJ's integrity to continue until MAGA is spent and sent to the dust heap of history.

Meanwhile, We should applaud and reward those who are resisting MAGA's corruption.

BTW, do you think that some part of Obama wouldn't have loved to have "weaponized" the DOJ to go after the guy most responsible for the "birther" nonsense? Of course, he'd have loved to have buried Trump, whether in jail, or investigative defense costs, or under concrete...but he obviously cared more about the rule of law and an independent DOJ.

As we should expect and demand from any POTUS.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:11 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:36 am Hunter Biden just plead guilty to two federal charges in Delaware. Let the whining of the snowflake republICONs begin. :lol: :lol:
Why would they whine? Isn't that what they wanted all along? How this effects Bidens reelection in 2024 just got complicated for the POTUS.
... just wait. Not the charges they wanted, no jail time (as expected by sane people). No effect on his father. The government prosecutor is a Trump appointee.
I was thinking along the line of Hunters problems becoming campaign fodder for the Republicans.

----
Trump is a professional whiner, DeSantis sounds like he's whining no matter what he says....something in the pitch of his voice?
But the whining if phrased properly, would revolve around the preferential treatment given by the DOJ in this matter. I think the DOJ made the perfect choice at exactly the right time. Maybe not so much in the ethical sense but adjudicating this case against Hunter Biden at this time is a brilliant move. By 2024 elections the vast majority of Americans won't even remember who Hunter is much less what he confessed to.
mmm, the US Attorney made these decisions quite likely based on his own assessment, not any instruction from Garland or anyone else at the top of DOJ.

The decision to leave the Trump appointee in place was a decision to wall off that effort from any notion of political interference...had there been such presumably that US Attorney would have squawked.

That was a good call...and sure, fortunately the answer after 5 years of investigating was there was no more there there. So, rational to wrap it up.

If he hadn't done so and there really wasn't any justification other than partisan interest to do so, presumably others in that office would have eventually squawked; and if it was found out later he'd acted as a partisan, unless that's really who you want to be going forward, then it's a heck of a repetitional stain...so, let's give the benefit of the doubt to the prosecutor that he made this decision based on his own recognition of reality above any partisan interest. He's going to land the plane with a "win" on tax counts plea.

But as to "remember", I'll make another bet today that there's no way the right wing media world will let their viewers "not remember" Hunter. They'll make it sound like this was all a cover-up, and "the Biden crime family" doesn't deserve election. Yes, they'll gloss over what he actually confessed to...which he confessed long ago!

The "preferential treatment" is. massive projection by the Trump cult as to what they would do if they were in charge...they can't imagine not weaponizing the government against their political foes, so of course that explains everything...Yikes it's delusional for those who actually buy it, but it's the grifters peddling this swill that make me angry.
Your talking about a situation where Hunters sentence can easily be represented by Republicans as preferential treatment. When the Feds want to prosecute you bad enough they will find the way to nail you to the wall. I wonder how Wesley Snipes feels about this. They went after him relentlessly.
See, I really don't think your characterization is accurate...if you haven't committed crimes it's darn hard to nail you to the wall when everyone's watching. We have this thing called a justice system that makes it extremely difficult to do without solid proof.

As to Snipes, he was recalcitrant, fought conviction and was found guilty of committing fraud and tax evasion...$23.5 million. Sentenced on 3 counts, 3 years. Did 2.5 years.

If you want to see a double standard, take a look at what Trump has gotten away with for decades.

But even there, Trump was practically in the business of and an expert in manipulation and tax evasion, and his numbers and complexity are staggering, making it so much more daunting to try to untangle.

Snipes' crimes were very straightforward. He didn't file his returns and later claimed he didn't need to because the income was earned off shore..but that ain't the way it works. Very simple case.
That isn't the point MD. The feds hounded Mr Snipes for years. I don't think they offered him anything in the same league of a deal than they ever offered to Hunter. So for snips and giggles if this case had not been resolved do you think a republican POTUS and his DOJ would have cut the same deal? Your missing the bigger point. If the feds and the DOJ want to nail your ass to the wall they will do so with all of the resources available to them. If they don't think your case is worth their time and effort you get a slap on the wrist. Is that how equal justice under the law is defined? FTR, I'm glad for Hunter. I think he was very fortunate to cut the deal that he did.
No, you're missing the point. Prosecutors prosecute the cases they think they can win. snipes was an obvious case they could easily win...and he didn't pay the money back. 23.5 million. That ain't "hounding".

Trump was a massively large criminal enterprise, but extremely complex, and purposefully difficult to untangle.

But it's your notion that a POTUS has anything to do with what cases should be prosecuted and what not...that's egregiously out of bounds...yes, this new MAGA world projection crappola has betrayed all of that, Trump blew it up, but the Biden Admin is trying rather hard to re-instill public confidence.

And that's blowing MAGA-world's minds, but I predict history will look back kindly on this period of reversal, hopefully from a perspective where Presidents once again stay the heck away from prosecutions.

In the meantime, expect the assault on DOJ's integrity to continue until MAGA is spent and sent to the dust heap of history.

Meanwhile, We should applaud and reward those who are resisting MAGA's corruption.
I disagree with you 100%. Any prosecutor worth his or her salt wants to prosecute cases they know they can win. Some investigations take many years to build a case against. I'm happy for Hunter Biden because the feds chose to give him a break. Do you think since I'm repeating myself that a RD department of justice would have made the same deal with Hunter? Is equal justice under the law now defined by which party is in the White House. Ole George Bush and his DOJ threw the effing book at Martha Stewart. I still don't understand why.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Biden crime family!

Weaponized doj!

You really need 5 years to figure out Hunter was a sketchy drug addict, who made money off the family name, and wasn’t great about paying his taxes?

Talk about a duh obvious burger.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

----

BTW, do you think that some part of Obama wouldn't have loved to have "weaponized" the DOJ to go after the guy most responsible for the "birther" nonsense? Of course, he'd have loved to have buried Trump, whether in jail, or investigative defense costs, or under concrete...but he obviously cared more about the rule of law and an independent DOJ.

A bit of a tangent but I wonder how Martha Stewart feels about this? :D You think she would have been sent to federal prison under an Obama administration? Either we are all entitled to equal protection under the law or the concept honestly no longer exists.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

FTR, my hats of to Hunter. Who knew he was such a talented artist and folks would pay crazy money for his artwork... ;)
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

----

Snipes, like Trump, refused to even acknowledge the legitimacy of the allegations against him. He listened to some far-right nuts who questioned the authority of government agencies to collect taxes and then Snipes told blatant lies to the U.S. government, claiming to be a non-resident alien when he was actually born in the United States. Snipes also owed far more money in taxes than Hunter Biden. It was entirely Snipes’s fault that he went to trial, and lost.

Follow Snipes’s path, and sure … you end up in federal prison.

Acknowledge you’re wrong, pay back the owed taxes, and then plea guilty without a trial … then you have a good shot at probation for two misdemeanor tax charges. Hunter Biden obviously followed good legal advice (instead of the right-wing nut jobs Snipes followed). As a result, he will likely never face prison time.

https://www.reuters.com/article/people- ... 7120080114

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 338937007/#

You need to stop listening to the dishonest garbage from the far right.

DocBarrister
Last edited by DocBarrister on Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Hunter was very easy to "get". He was cooperating! Which is the reason the only outcome was payment of the amount owed and penalty and interest. Given the amounts involved this kind of deal is pretty common and doesn't generally involve DOJ. Don't know the details of the gun charge but there is speculation it may not have been chargeable at all.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:47 pm Hunter was very easy to "get". He was cooperating! Which is the reason the only outcome was payment of the amount owed and penalty and interest. Given the amounts involved this kind of deal is pretty common and doesn't generally involve DOJ. Don't know the details of the gun charge but there is speculation it may not have been chargeable at all.
2A!!
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:38 pm

----

A bit of a tangent but I wonder how Martha Stewart feels about this? :D You think she would have been sent to federal prison under an Obama administration? Either we are all entitled to equal protection under the law or the concept honestly no longer exists.
FYI Martha could have copped a plea just like Hunter just did. Except she chose to go to trial and lost so she then got some jail time (5 months in a minimum security lockup and 24 more months of home confinement (and she has a pretty nice home).

Things worked out - incredibly she was just featured on on the cover of the most recent SI Swimsuit issue at age 80.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The Snipes and Stewart cases illustrate the same thing: if you go to trial facing federal criminal charges, odds are overwhelming that you will be convicted (83% conviction rate in one Pew study).

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... nd-guilty/

U.S. attorneys, as political appointees, are a mixed bag in terms of legal skills.

On the other hand, practicing attorneys know how difficult it is to get an assistant U.S. attorney position and that the DOJ has a deep bench of talented attorneys. The professional (career) attorneys in DOJ and federal prosecutors are an elite group.

One can argue that the main reason Snipes and Stewart went to prison and Hunter Biden did not is that Biden accepted a plea bargain (and guilt) and avoided a trial that he was very likely to lose.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

From a legal perspective, it seems Hunter Biden was treated more harshly than the typical defendant.

The federal gun charge, which makes it unlawful for a drug addict to possess a weapon, is a rarely used statute that is facing legal challenges and has recently been used as a catch-all charge against white supremacists.

Like the gun charge, the tax charges are rarely brought against first-time offenders and even more rarely result in jail time, Andrew Weissmann, a former FBI general counsel and NBC News contributor, tweeted Tuesday. "This is if anything harsh, not lenient," he wrote.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna90191

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:38 pm From a legal perspective, it seems Hunter Biden was treated more harshly than the typical defendant.

The federal gun charge, which makes it unlawful for a drug addict to possess a weapon, is a rarely used statute that is facing legal challenges and has recently been used as a catch-all charge against white supremacists.

Like the gun charge, the tax charges are rarely brought against first-time offenders and even more rarely result in jail time, Andrew Weissmann, a former FBI general counsel and NBC News contributor, tweeted Tuesday. "This is if anything harsh, not lenient," he wrote.

DocBarrister
... that is what I have been thinking. Hunter is getting a raw deal, unless they have more they could possibly charge him on. Don't see why DOJ is involved in the tax charges at all, unusual under the known circumstances. The gun charge may be iffy under prosecution according to the talking heads.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:50 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:38 pm From a legal perspective, it seems Hunter Biden was treated more harshly than the typical defendant.

DocBarrister
... that is what I have been thinking. Hunter is getting a raw deal, unless they have more they could possibly charge him on. Don't see why DOJ is involved in the tax charges at all, unusual under the known circumstances. The gun charge may be iffy under prosecution according to the talking heads.
So much for prosecutorial restraint
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:22 pm Biden crime family!

Weaponized doj!

You really need 5 years to figure out Hunter was a sketchy drug addict, who made money off the family name, and wasn’t great about paying his taxes?

Talk about a duh obvious burger.
Particularly since he admitted so in his own book... :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The the issue many are having is Biden's record on mass incarceration of black people for similar charges.

This gentleman sums it up well:

https://twitter.com/dijoni/status/16712 ... mfE5ey8-Lw
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:30 pm The the issue many are having is Biden's record on mass incarceration of black people for similar charges.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:30 pm The the issue many are having is Biden's record on mass incarceration of black people for similar charges.

... the only people having this problem are republiCONs. Biden's lucky he isn't counting on their vote.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:42 pm

... the only people having this problem are republiCONs. Biden's lucky he isn't counting on their vote.
I saw Kramer down at Mondawmin Mall rallying folk for criminal justice reform yesterday!! He was keepin’ hope alive!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”