Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Voting Rights

Post by ggait »

Maybe we just shouldn’t have any rules or timelines? After all, we need to care about every single person.
Boycott stupid.

We have lots of rules and deadlines here in Colorado. Let me walk y'all through how it would work for our 80 year old friend. On every single aspect, our rules are better, more convenient and more secure than Georgia's. Every single forking one of them.

To start, our friend would have been automatically vote registered at the DMV. That's the perfect time and place to handle all the ID issues. Once registered by the DMV (which requires serious Real ID identity verification) all of the voter ID is done/over. [Of course, to be fair, there are other times/places/ways to vote register. But, practically speaking, most people get registered through the DMV.] Super cost-effective, super secure. And Colorado is #1 in the USA for percentage of eligible adults being registered to vote. Absolutely the gold standard in the USA.

Once registered, our friend automatically gets a ballot delivered to his house for every election and primary. No BS about having to apply to request a ballot, which you can only do in an R month with an application signed in purple ink, with a photocopy of your fingerprints, yada yada bullshirt bullshirt.

Our friend has about three weeks to return his ballot by drop box (80% do this), mail (16% do this) or in person (4%). No additional ID required for drop box or mail (since the DMV handled the ID already) beyond a signature. [FYI, I would support allowing (not requiring) voters to write on their driver license or SS# as a verification step as an alternative to signatures. Seems common sense.] If you vote in person, you do have to show ID. There are 16 (!!!) allowable ways to prove your identity in person.

Drop boxes are open 24/7 with full time video surveillance. One drop box for every 9400 voters. You can use any drop box anywhere in the state (so no BS about only being able to vote in your own precinct). Georgia is limited to one drop box per 100k voters, and drop boxes are only open during regular business hours.

Our friend can legally give his ballot to a friend, family member or neighbor to deliver for him. I cannot deliver more than 10 ballots on behalf of others in any election. Because of those common sense rules, ballot harvesting/dumping isn't an issue out here.

Polls hard close at 7 pm on election day. Mail ballots delivered the next day do not count. Not an issue, since drop boxes are readily available if you want to vote on or near election day.

Ballots are processed and counted as received. So election results are available lightning fast. Since much of the counting is done before election day arrives.

Plenty of rules and deadlines. Very secure. Very convenient. Obviously those are not things Georgia was interested in.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 pm
Maybe we just shouldn’t have any rules or timelines? After all, we need to care about every single person.
Boycott stupid.

We have lots of rules and deadlines here in Colorado. Let me walk y'all through how it would work for our 80 year old friend. On every single aspect, our rules are better, more convenient and more secure than Georgia's. Every single forking one of them.

To start, our friend would have been automatically vote registered at the DMV. That's the perfect time and place to handle all the ID issues. Once registered by the DMV (which requires serious Real ID identity verification) all of the voter ID is done/over. [Of course, to be fair, there are other times/places/ways to vote register. But, practically speaking, most people get registered through the DMV.] Super cost-effective, super secure. And Colorado is #1 in the USA for percentage of eligible adults being registered to vote. Absolutely the gold standard in the USA.

Once registered, our friend automatically gets a ballot delivered to his house for every election and primary. No BS about having to apply to request a ballot, which you can only do in an R month with an application signed in purple ink, with a photocopy of your fingerprints, yada yada bullshirt bullshirt.

Our friend has about three weeks to return his ballot by drop box (80% do this), mail (16% do this) or in person (4%). No additional ID required for drop box or mail (since the DMV handled the ID already) beyond a signature. [FYI, I would support allowing (not requiring) voters to write on their driver license or SS# as a verification step as an alternative to signatures. Seems common sense.] If you vote in person, you do have to show ID. There are 16 (!!!) allowable ways to prove your identity in person.

Drop boxes are open 24/7 with full time video surveillance. One drop box for every 9400 voters. You can use any drop box anywhere in the state (so no BS about only being able to vote in your own precinct). Georgia is limited to one drop box per 100k voters, and drop boxes are only open during regular business hours.

Our friend can legally give his ballot to a friend, family member or neighbor to deliver for him. I cannot deliver more than 10 ballots on behalf of others in any election. Because of those common sense rules, ballot harvesting/dumping isn't an issue out here.

Polls hard close at 7 pm on election day. Mail ballots delivered the next day do not count. Not an issue, since drop boxes are readily available if you want to vote on or near election day.

Ballots are processed and counted as received. So election results are available lightning fast. Since much of the counting is done before election day arrives.

Plenty of rules and deadlines. Very secure. Very convenient. Obviously those are not things Georgia was interested in.

Boycott stupid.
I love how you folks run elections in your state. Voting should be easy, secure and the votes should be ready to be counted on election day. When 10 days after the election and your finding thousands of votes that just showed up yesterday and it is going to take weeks to count all those votes.. why would some people be surprised that folks think there is hinky chit going on with our elections? When election day drags into election month.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Eat more beef.. boycott TOFU🐂
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:52 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 pm
Boycott stupid.

Boycott stupid.
I love how you folks run elections in your state. Voting should be easy, secure and the votes should be ready to be counted on election day. When 10 days after the election and your finding thousands of votes that just showed up yesterday and it is going to take weeks to count all those votes.. why would some people be surprised that folks think there is hinky chit going on with our elections? When election day drags into election month.

Gait forgets he lives in Colorado. Try those same ‘untended’ boxes in west Baltimore and let’s see how the honor code goes there. If you think a city which doesn’t value life will give half a frig stuffing a ballot box while no one is peeking, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’m selling.

The rest of his prose isn’t all that impressive; Florida’s vote is known the same day by 9 pm too.

And cradle: you’re correct. It’s the months long delays which make people skeptical.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Try those same ‘untended’ boxes in west Baltimore and let’s see how the honor code goes there.
Boycott stupid.

Our drop boxes, by law, have these safety features:

Sturdy, metallic, weather-resistant and are bolted to the ground. 24-hour video surveillance with adequate lighting to easily detect potential tampering. Video required to be archived throuh SOL expiration. Emptied at least every 24 hours by a team of bipartisan election judges.
A detailed chain of custody log is maintained when ballots are transported between drop boxes and the central counting facility.

So...respectfully...STFU you ignorant, sleazy, racist d-bag and go back under your troll bridge. I did say respectfully. ;)
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:30 pm
Try those same ‘untended’ boxes in west Baltimore and let’s see how the honor code goes there.
Boycott stupid.

Our drop boxes, by law, have these safety features:

Sturdy, metallic, weather-resistant and are bolted to the ground. 24-hour video surveillance with adequate lighting to easily detect potential tampering. Video required to be archived throuh SOL expiration. Emptied at least every 24 hours by a team of bipartisan election judges.
A detailed chain of custody log is maintained when ballots are transported between drop boxes and the central counting facility.

So...respectfully...STFU you ignorant, sleazy, racist d-bag and go back under your troll bridge. I did say respectfully. ;)

You choose to live in a 94% white state; and let’s be honest, it’s doubtful you’ve even met a non white person. Also, you’re against school choice. Not sure I’d be calling anyone racist.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Stupid Tsunami today. Free advice: Foe button.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Not sure I’d be calling anyone racist.
I apologize. I shouldn't be calling you a stupid racist.

I should limit myself to calling your posts stupid and racist. Which they obviously are.

Gotta go now and buy some Gilead stock. That Remdesivir (especially under the second Trump term's FDA) is really rocking.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:09 pm
Not sure I’d be calling anyone racist.
I apologize. I shouldn't be calling you a stupid racist.

I should limit myself to calling your posts stupid and racist. Which they obviously are.

Gotta go now and buy some Gilead stock. That Remdesivir (especially under the second Trump term's FDA) is really rocking.

Out of curiosity, how does Cradle catch the bench by the ref when lefty dunderheads say much more pejorative insults?

Not that I personally care about the birdbrains; just sticking up for my man from New York.
ggait

Post by ggait »

So it looks like FL is now getting into the vote suppression game. Ronnie D needs to shore up his racist flank.

As troll boy knows, FL has long had a pretty good voting system which worked well during 2020 COVID. Lots of mail in voting, lots of accessible drop boxes.

So since it ain’t broke, the racist rat forker banana Republicans need to start breaking things. And troll boy no doubt cheers from under his bridge.

Boycott stupid.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:53 pm So it looks like FL is now getting into the vote suppression game. Ronnie D needs to shore up his racist flank.

As troll boy knows, FL has long had a pretty good voting system which worked well during 2020 COVID. Lots of mail in voting, lots of accessible drop boxes.

So since it ain’t broke, the racist rat forker banana Republicans need to start breaking things. And troll boy no doubt cheers from under his bridge.

Boycott stupid.

We don’t want to become New Jersey.

https://www.nj.com/passaic-county/2021/ ... arges.html

Any questions?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

sheesh, catching fraudsters is now a bad thing.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:14 am

Any questions?
That's North Jersey.

Jersey should be two states, North Jersey and South Jersey. Four senators, just like the Dakota territories.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:14 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:14 am

Any questions?
That's North Jersey.

Jersey should be two states, North Jersey and South Jersey. Four senators, just like the Dakota territories.

New Jersey has steadily lost congressional seats, from 15 to twelve. I expect the next census will truly be a downer for NJ.

I think we need to remove the two current senators.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The story does not mention anything about those Jersey votes being fraudulent or invalid or impacting the election outcome. So the issue appears to be limited to an unauthorized delivery method. And the guys got caught and prosecuted. So the system looks to be working pretty well in Jersey.

In other news, I heard a couple of guys got arrested for trying (unsuccessfully) to pass some bad checks. So Petey thinks we need to shut down the whole banking system.

A tsunami of stupid coming from under that one bridge.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

In NJ you can only vote for the party you are registered as. Unaffiliated voters have to jump through hoops each election if the want to vote for the best candidate in primaries. Unaffiliated voters are automatically registered in the party for the candidate they voted for. If I feel the best candidate is “on the other team” i can’t vote for that candidate without lots of work.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2018/06/her ... _an_u.html
ggait

Post by ggait »

When it comes to party primaries, there’s no perfect way to do it.

Out here in CO, you automatically get two primary ballots delivered if you are registered independent. That makes it easy from the voters perspective.

But many Ds and Rs argue that such system isn’t fair. Since people who aren’t party members can vote in a party primary. Also creates some gaming opportunities. For example, a significant number of Ds re-registered as indies so they could vote in the 2020 gop primary.

Some of those did so to vote against the hated Trump. Others did so to vote for Trump, since they figured he’d be the easiest for Joe to beat.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

ggait wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:21 pm When it comes to party primaries, there’s no perfect way to do it.

Out here in CO, you automatically get two primary ballots delivered if you are registered independent. That makes it easy from the voters perspective.

But many Ds and Rs argue that such system isn’t fair. Since people who aren’t party members can vote in a party primary. Also creates some gaming opportunities. For example, a significant number of Ds re-registered as indies so they could vote in the 2020 gop primary.

Some of those did so to vote against the hated Trump. Others did so to vote for Trump, since they figured he’d be the easiest for Joe to beat.
Why shouldn’t every registered voter be able to vote for the best candidate from primary through general? That’s rhetorical.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Florida repukeblicans insure elections "wins" for themselves:

https://image.politicalcartoons.com/251 ... ctions.png

STOP THE REPUKEBLICAN STEAL!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”