Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by kramerica.inc »

What is wrong with staying on the side of “keep alive?”

The person themselves, those directly
Killed by others decisions should get a say in what is a “meaningful life.” Why does anyone get to make a decision to end someone else’s life?

That also includes people on life support. If the person on life support has no living will it’s not a doctor or family member’s place to “know what’s best” for them.

Keeping someone alive and trying to resuscitate makes the most sense and keeps all decisions simple. That puts no responsibility or weight on people to make a life or death decision.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:39 pm What is wrong with staying on the side of “keep alive?”

The person themselves, those directly
Killed by others decisions should get a say in what is a “meaningful life.” Why does anyone get to make a decision to end someone else’s life?

That also includes people on life support. If the person on life support has no living will it’s not a doctor or family member’s place to “know what’s best” for them.

Keeping someone alive and trying to resuscitate makes the most sense and keeps all decisions simple. That puts no responsibility or weight on people to make a life or death decision.

People without health insurance also face life-and-death situations which is why thousands die every year in the USA for lack of health. Why not provide universal health care for all and allow those unfortunates the option of whether to live or not.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:39 pm Keeping someone alive and trying to resuscitate makes the most sense and keeps all decisions simple. That puts no responsibility or weight on people to make a life or death decision.
Who's going to pay for this care? So someone does indeed need to make a decision, and cut a check. A very big check if we're talking modern life support systems.

If the person in a coma is broke, now what?

Enjoying the discussion. You can't logic your way to an answer with these things, and no matter how hard you try, the logic tree isn't binary---it isn't digital. There are multiple moral questions on the move, and SOMEONE has to make a call somewhere.

It's tough stuff, no question there.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:51 am If we only could find a way to talk to each other, like we were face to face.....

You actually don't have to "win" to make your point.
I understand your point. I am old enough now not to worry about having a filter and I say what I want to say. There will NEVER be a day in my life where some obnoxious FLP will ever browbeat me into changing what I believe. I understand the subject being debated is almost too controversial to have a reasonable conversation. If some of you folks are happy with some of the new legislation, I understand why. My objections have nothing to do with God or religion. This is the confusion you deal with when you spent the first 18 years of your life being indoctrinated as a Catholic. Like myself you even find that you graduated from a Catholic HS but you can no longer relate to the faith you were raised in. I have heard many of the folks like me describe themselves as "recovering Catholics" My inspiration today comes to conclusions I have decided all by myself having nothing to do with the church or any religion I believe abortion to be more repugnant and as vile and despicable as anything the Nazi's did in ww2.

That sentiment has only been re-enforced by my lovely wife. Her early nursing career put her in these abortion rooms until her own sense of morality and disgust at the process made it impossible for her to do it anymore. She has told me many times that if most people could witness what happens first hand their opinion about would be changed forever. My grandfather delivered meat for Tobin First Prize for many years. His stories of what the slaughterhouse looked like were legendary. My mom loved cold cuts. My grandfather would often chide her with the comment that went like this... Catherine, if you saw how they make that you would never eat it. For me, that comment goes right back to the debate we are having today. If you saw how it was actually done and what it involved, I bet everybody would have a different opinion. That could be why there are no U tube videos giving and up close and personal account of what an abortion looks like.

If you folks out there think this is some sort of humane and good and noble undertaking, well I think you are all f***ed up in the head. When the NYS assembly gave themselves a standing ovation at the law they had passed and were giddy beyond belief... what were they so happy about? A baby is going to die a horrific and barbaric death. At the very least this is a sad and bitter moment that should cause everyone in the room to want to break down in tears. What did they do, they celebrated with great joy and pride. Look back at the pictures of the concentration camps that were liberated at the end of ww2. How many of those soldiers do you see with happy smiley faces on? How many of them were fist bumping and high fiving one another? Can any of you FLP folks out there explain to me what the legislators in the NYS were so happy about? There was nothing to celebrate. The occasion was one that should have brought out tears of pain and misery and the loss of a life. What happened was the occasion brought out laughter and smiles and joy and spontaneous celebration. Maybe you folks are just so highly educated and wise beyond your years that the optics can't permeate into your souls.

I am all done with this topic. We have all made our positions very clear. I will let some of you folks alone so you can crack a beer and celebrate with great enthusiasm the victory that was won here. I only wonder about what happens to the losers? Nobody in the NYS legislature was cheering for them. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:57 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:39 pm Keeping someone alive and trying to resuscitate makes the most sense and keeps all decisions simple. That puts no responsibility or weight on people to make a life or death decision.
Who's going to pay for this care? So someone does indeed need to make a decision, and cut a check. A very big check if we're talking modern life support systems.

If the person in a coma is broke, now what?

Enjoying the discussion. You can't logic your way to an answer with these things, and no matter how hard you try, the logic tree isn't binary---it isn't digital. There are multiple moral questions on the move, and SOMEONE has to make a call somewhere.

It's tough stuff, no question there.
My question to you a Fan... what was the NYS legislature so very happy about that they gave themselves a standing ovation? In the midst of this entire very sad conversation I will never understand that reaction. It could not have been more inappropriate to what they had just done. I think I am the only person that was bothered by this so much. I agree with what you said... you can't logic your way to an answer. My gut instincts tell me that there are huge problems lurking down the path that has been chosen. There is no right or wrong... there is only heartbreak for some folks that never heals.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/02/bill-mah ... will-hurd/ So far the greasy haired one has not apologized for his insulting and racist comment. For the record can someone PLEASE buy a bottle of shampoo for Bill. Maybe even show him what a comb is used for. :?
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Hey is a turd, and uses "comic relief" as an out. If it were not for double-standards, he'd have no standards at all.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

I've never have been a fan of Bill Maher in the least. He always came off to me as incredibly smug, (not sure what he has to be smug about).
Agree about the shampoo too.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cnn-ch ... ontroversy I bet the Democrats sure wish he was a Republican right about now. Maybe he can call Justice Kavanaugh and commiserate with him about what it is like to be accused of doing something that you can't disprove. Guilty with no way of proving you are innocent. Robert Byrd sure is lucky he died when he did. He was the luckiest SOB in the Democrat party ever. His past never caught up with him. I wonder if it is time to start tearing down all those monuments to Sen. Byrds legacy in West Virginia? No one should be immune from their past. Unless you are a loyal, faithful and militant radical FLP type of person. Then all is forgiven all of you are loved. :? https://www.quora.com/Was-Robert-Byrd-a-racist What an enigma Sen. Byrd is for Democrats. For the first half of his life he was Robert E Lee. The second half he was Abraham Lincoln. Maybe we can refer to him as Robert E Lincoln and cover all of the bases. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Kavanaugh is a bad example. Read the latest Vanity Fair story about Prep. His classmates came very close to busting Omertà and sinking his nomination. Some say they’re sorry they stayed silent. Don McGahn knew he couldn’t stand a fulsome Investigation and so did Brett.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/phi ... 571702.php The FLP vision for America. If they can only find a way for these poor, pathetic strung out addicts to vote. Then they could give them the help they really need... more clean needles and safe places to go to shoot up. Maybe they can include barf bags and more trash cans in their master plan also. True compassion at work here folks. Surplus grocery carts and surplus army tents and blankets could also be a big help. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Needs to resign, the sooner the better.

It is somewhat refreshing that a politician immediately owned up to it, to what is obvious to all. No denial, no logic chopping, no obfuscation. I know nothing about this individual, but based on that one fact he is worthy of a second chance in my opinion. Compare that to Agent Orange's behavior, an individual clearly not worthy of any further consideration of forgiveness.

Just one last thought on this matter, it will be recalled that Prince Harry was found wearing a Nazi uniform. Some called for his abdication. Many defended him on the grounds that this was nothing more than a youthful indiscretion. Ultimately, all was forgiven as with Trump and his crowd. Therefore, it is fitting that the same standard be applied here.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:51 am Kavanaugh is a bad example. Read the latest Vanity Fair story about Prep. His classmates came very close to busting Omertà and sinking his nomination. Some say they’re sorry they stayed silent. Don McGahn knew he couldn’t stand a fulsome Investigation and so did Brett.
But the list of women who have worked with Kavanaugh for a long time is quite expansive and they are very supportive of the man. For either man the same thing is true. Nobody knows what they may or may not have done. What appears to be true is that everything you have done and accomplished over many decades means nothing to what you did as a drunk frat boy or a stupid picture you may have posed for in a yearbook. And what about Sen Byrd?? He never paid any price and died a hero of the Democrat party. :?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:03 am
jhu72 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Needs to resign, the sooner the better.

It is somewhat refreshing that a politician immediately owned up to it, to what is obvious to all. No denial, no logic chopping, no obfuscation. I know nothing about this individual, but based on that one fact he is worthy of a second chance in my opinion. Compare that to Agent Orange's behavior, an individual clearly not worthy of any further consideration of forgiveness.

Just one last thought on this matter, it will be recalled that Prince Harry was found wearing a Nazi uniform. Some called for his abdication. Many defended him on the grounds that this was nothing more than a youthful indiscretion. Ultimately, all was forgiven as with Trump and his crowd. Therefore, it is fitting that the same standard be applied here.
When did Trump ever wear a Nazi uniform? With his present physique he would have resembled Herman Goering... not a very pretty sight to behold.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 am

When did Trump ever wear a Nazi uniform? With his present physique he would have resembled Herman Goering... not a very pretty sight to behold.

Reich field marshal Goering also liked to grab poooooosy (cat):

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

The Progressive ideology

Open borders (except between Mexico and California—the most heavily fortified section of the border—Nancy only talks stupid)

Legalized and rationalized Infantacide. (We have to kill babies outside the womb now. After all theres only been 65 million abortions since Roe v Wade)

Higher taxes to pay for free everything!

Wreck an economy growing at twice the size of what Obama claimed was the new normal.

Great platforms to run on. Please do
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:02 am https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/phi ... 571702.php The FLP vision for America. If they can only find a way for these poor, pathetic strung out addicts to vote. Then they could give them the help they really need... more clean needles and safe places to go to shoot up. Maybe they can include barf bags and more trash cans in their master plan also. True compassion at work here folks. Surplus grocery carts and surplus army tents and blankets could also be a big help. :roll:
Nothing to see here. They are just the little people and are dealt with humanely by allowing them space and comfort to kill themselves. It’s like the fake propoganda image of Republicans pushing grandma over a cliff in a wheel chair, only difference...these people are actually doing it to real life people.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

While calls are repeatedly made for Governor Northam to resign over the black face photo, people have ignored the fact that Mitch McConnell openly posed in front of the flag of treason and was honored by a group dedicated to treason and secession:

https://www.thisisinsider.com/photo-mit ... lag-2019-2

This was initially disclosed four years ago. But, as always, Republicans can get away with anything.

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

This governor isn't being pilloried for his racism

It's because he drew attention to the abortion ghoulisnness pushed by progressives. Liberals need to shut this blundering democrat up QUICKLY.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

As my signature below suggests....let him keep talking.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”